[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /m/'s opinion on the Barzam? personally I like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: 5c822a53.jpg (87KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
5c822a53.jpg
87KB, 1024x819px
What is /m/'s opinion on the Barzam?

personally I like it. Don't like how it looks like its missing a waist but its a really cool Titan MP unit.
>>
>>14926068
I like the turtle motif but the design itself was very much a product of its time.
>>
>>14926083
>turtle motif
Huh. Never thought of it like that.
>>
one of the best looking grunt suits in zeta, I dislike the refined barzam though.
>>
File: Rms-154-barzam-aoz.jpg (2MB, 2100x1996px) Image search: [Google]
Rms-154-barzam-aoz.jpg
2MB, 2100x1996px
>>14926112
>I dislike the refined barzam though.
refine is fine, it just loses its unique look being a Titan MkII with a Barzam head.

imo AOZ version looks good. meats it up a bit makes the legs look better
>>
>>14926083
>turtle motif

wtf I love barzam now
>>
>>14926156
that's exactly why I don't like it, I like the Mk II by itself but not with a barzam head.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIdfonmaKgc

It's neat. I'll never understand the meme cult following it has in Japan, though.
>>
Barzam is one of those goofy MS that developed its own fanbase.

See also: Bound Doc

Its better to be goofy and memorable than it is cliche and forgotten.
>>
>>14926068
I have no memory of the barzam.
>>
>>14926211
you didn't watch Zeta right then
>>
File: Nemo and Mk. II.jpg (778KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Nemo and Mk. II.jpg
778KB, 707x1000px
Barzam inferior, Nemo superior!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq-8QCVWkHE
>>
It would look so much better without the big gold "horn" on its head

I mean I get that it's there to make it stand out and not look generic, but it could have been something that looked better.
>>
>>14926173
>>>/f/3174980
>>
File: Barzam meme.jpg (317KB, 1280x942px) Image search: [Google]
Barzam meme.jpg
317KB, 1280x942px
>>14926068
>>
I like it. It uses the Titans color scheme well and mixes it with the "AEUG destroyed everything else, slap SOMETHING together and send it out there.

Plus, the lack of a HGUC kit is weird considering how significant Zeta is to the franchise.

>>14926746
Damn, Calamity Barzam looks pretty good.
>>
File: Barzam-Nemo rivalry.jpg (377KB, 1274x954px) Image search: [Google]
Barzam-Nemo rivalry.jpg
377KB, 1274x954px
>>14926746
>>
>>14926746
Okay that Devil Barzam's sheer gold.
>>
>>14926746
>Ball Barzam's viewport is the crotch thruster
>>
>>14926068

The lack of a waist is almost what defines it as a suit, and why the Refined Barzam kind of sucks, since it just makes another, regular suit.
>>
>>14928640
I don't like how it looks like the legs are coming out of nowhere. at leasts some skirt plates would have been nice
>>
I kinda hate the arm claw gun thing, it's pretty awkard to pose with in toy form
>>
>>14928756
I think it's one of the better beam rifle designs compared to all the standard stuff.
>>
>>14926068
I don't like that they say it uses Gundam Mk II's skeleton but this isn't apparent at all in it's design.
>>
>>14926068
I always felt like a refined Barzam should have been trying to cut corners in mobilesuit design where possible, reducing the number of joints and complex elements wherever possible to reduce its weight and improve its thrust/weight ratio.

In my mind, the side plates on the legs don't actually fold forward or backward at the knee more than about 20 degrees and the middle of the leg folds independently from the side flaps -- and the shoulder-block housing is totally immobile on the front axis and doesn't move at all. I would have also removed the heels in the foot and replaced them with retractile struts or something or had the back of the foot fold out from the front of it like a shoe-heel extending from the bull and back of the toes rather than the heel.
>>
>>14926068
I don't know what it's from but it looks cool.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.