[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well, this show wasn't exactly hot trash, but I couldn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Well, this show wasn't exactly hot trash, but I couldn't help but feel like it was an inferior knockoff of Frontier. And say what you will about Frontier, at least it had a reasonably paced plot, Delta felt like it alternated between rushing the plot and spending a bunch of episodes on character building.

The final episode didn't exactly ruin the whole thing for me, but it felt like Kawamori just threw all the leftover plot threads together and rehashed Frontier's ending. The whole shit with the last-minute change of heart, last-minute betrayal and all that other stuff made it feel rushed as hell. I also see now what everybody was complaining about Mirage, she didn't exactly present herself as a credible love interest until the very last minute, where it didn't matter dick all anyways. She was more like the supporting matchmaker character for Hayate and Freyja, there was almost no contest in the whole thing. At no point did my expectations ever point to Mirage winning, making this the most lopsided love "triangle" since probably Seven.

Still, the show wasn't really a train wreck like I'd been led to believe. Just a bunch of pacing and plot problems (the whole thing with Hayate's dad turned out to be a pretty big dud for all the lead-up it had), with a big animation and VA budget that still made the show reasonably enjoyable. I'd probably still put it above Plus and Zero, and maybe a bit below the Frontier movies.
>>
Yeah, it does have it problems but it wasn't as bad as people led me to believe.
I also liked the music
>>
>>14922045

The problem with Delta is that, despite everything starting strong, the plot slowly turns into poorly written fanfiction tier trash.

I don't use that word lightly, by the way. The Windemeren race seriously feels likr someones OC donutsteel insert race.

They are super badass at everything but have tragic 'flaws' that never impact them except for forced drama where everyone else has to immediately drop what they are doing and fawn over how tragic this is (lets all get super sad about how Herman, a guy I have met all of twice and how is constantly trying to kill me and my friends, is dying of old age after nearly killing me less than a minute before. How TRAGIC.).

Lets not forget, after all, that the Windemerens are the official "chosen by the Protoculture to inherit the galaxy" species. Which we originally thought was just nationalist propaganda, but NOPE! Its legit. The massive galactic mind control array, built by the protoculture, requires Runes to operate. And they found it that way, no modification needed. Unless we are lead to believe that the Protoculture had runes too (which seems unlikely, since absolutely none of their other creations have an equivalent organ) literally no one who is not a male windemeren could operation the mind control weapon. It was expressly built for them and them alone.

But hey, thats all ancient history, right? Only the macguffain is windemere focused, right?

Nope! Literally the entire plot can be summed up by only describing the actions of windemeren characters. Windemere launches a war of expansion using an ancient mind control weapons, succeeds greatly, suffers an internal division about how to use that mind control weapon, breaks free of its effects temporarily due to the actions of a windemeren girl, and then the windemeren military kills the traitor and they all go home for the day.
>>
>>14922617

This means that, in 26 episodes, the protagonists never did jack fucking shit. They never successfully slow the windemeren advance, force Roid to change his plans, launch successful counter offensives... nada. Hayate's only contribution tot he plot that mattered was giving Freya FEELS, so that SHE (a windemeren character) could enable the rest of the windemeren characters to go off and solve the plot by killing Roid while the rest of delta sat around and watched them do it.

No one has any agency in this. Every moment that Walkure and Delta and the various Xaos staff members were onscreen was a waste of our time, because NONE OF THEM AND NOTHING THEY EVER DID mattered.

And, of course, the war itself cannot be resolved onscreen because the only option left is for Windemere to eat shit in the face of a NUNS offensive, now that they have been deprived of their mind control weapon and the NUNS has jammers against the Song of the Wind and they lost their best pilot Keith. But that would require us to see Windemere lose fights, so lets just skip that shall we?
>>
>this wind
Would have been nice if they didn't say this over and over again every episode.

I won't get into the plot since it has been discussed already in the thread, I'll just say that the characters were weak. There were far too many of them to build on character development. 5 people in delta squadron, 5 singers, zentraedi captain and his bridge crew, windermere squadron of 6? Pilots, a king, a prince, a chancellor, and countless other secondary and tertiary characters.
>>
>>14922045
Mirage was one of the very few things that needed to be appreciated and developed with care to make delta a success. Kawamori did a complete disaster.
A real antagonist actually would help too, and good songs not purely memetic ones.
macross is ded
>>
>>14922045
>I couldn't help but feel like it was an inferior knockoff of Frontier.
Me too.
>>
Fuck Macross Frontier
Fuck Macross Delta
Fuck moeshit
Fuck idolshit
SDF Macross is still the best anime of all time
>>
>>14922045
Delta was absolute fucking garbage and you know it
Frontier was so much better in every single aspect
>>
File: 1477416265126.png (2MB, 1920x1072px) Image search: [Google]
1477416265126.png
2MB, 1920x1072px
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.