[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I challenge you to explain this guy's motive and plan.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

I challenge you to explain this guy's motive and plan.

Hard mode: Explain it in even deeper detail.
>>
>>14916762
He blackmailed the EF government with Laplace explosion data and related evidence to establish a large art dealing foundation, make ties with the main space keiretsu and preserve the original EF constitution.
By the end of his life he decided to reveal everything he had because why the fuck not. This information won't damage anyone's career, it won't change the EF politics towards spacenoids, and the EF government is not giving the significant amount of cash.

What bugs me is the fact that somehow he's not killed for threatening the rule of the son of the old Marcenas.
>>
Santa simply wants all children to grow into good productive adults, which is why he rewards good behavior with gifts. He has no particular motive beyond that.
>>
>>14916762
I actually forgot he even existed
>>
>>14916762
Sell more Gundam by squeezing Zeon out of whatever place.
>>
His tiara was pretty cool
>>
>>14916762
I thought this was a picture of Newton from Escaflowne at first.

For the record, he did what he did because he was able to determine that the same force that moves the planets throughout their vigil in the heavens also weighs down his soul.
>>
>>14916762
Gramps got senile thinking he can fuck up with the Federation by hosting a wild easter rabbit hunt. Fortunately, Feds are run by fat and dumbass politicians so they bite Gramp's bait.
>>
File: 5ee[1].jpg (75KB, 886x500px) Image search: [Google]
5ee[1].jpg
75KB, 886x500px
>>14917274
You mean, Jewdai wants to sell more Gendum and created a fanfic so goyim will by their shit.
>>
>>14916762
(((White))) Guilt
>>
Is explaining Unicorn the new meme?

He's got tired of keeping the secret of the Laplace's Box and wants someone to open it.
>>
>>14917576
But what made him get tired?
>>
File: 1466907862330.png (147KB, 594x792px) Image search: [Google]
1466907862330.png
147KB, 594x792px
>>14917550
Yes.
Except people forget that Adam Smith mentioned the need for teaching consumers how to acquire good taste.
>>
>>14917581

The fact he was old and would probably die soon. He'd live with the guilt all his life and wanted to unburden himself before he died so he could die in peace.
>>
>>14917581
Guarding it all this fucking life time.
>>
>>14917593
But liking Unicorn is a sign of good taste...
>>
>>14916762
>motive
He's still that same terrorist that bombed the colony a 100 years prior, he's still fucking with the Feds because he can. also so he can make people do annoying scavenger hunts and dance for his amusement.

>plan
Let whoever wins have something that might have mattered to the Feds 80+ years ago and see what they do with it, for shits and giggles.

Syam Vist is kind of a douche.
>>
>>14917666
Satan, please, Syam Vist cares about who uses the Box, this is why he goes against Full Frontal.
>>
>>14917685
Even douchebags know better than to trust Char (or his Chinese knockoff) with anything important.
>>
Syam's plan was to make up for the years of superdickery he not only allowed to let happen by participating on the attack on Laplace, but also allowed to happen through the machinations of his Vist Foundation. It was time to free the Universal Century of the burden of Zeon, newtypes, and the animosity between Earthnoids and Spacenoids (ok that third one wasn't going to happen ever admittedly), but to do that would require revealing the Charter, and in the wrong hands the Charter could be used to argue a need to double down on those things: Zeon would present the narrative that their war was a just war, newtypes would become the center of everything, and once more Earthnoids and Spacenoids would be at each other's throats (but to be fair they're always at each other's throats in gendum). The Federation would just suppress knowledge of the Charter, and get super autistic over squashing anything that remotely looks like a Zeon uprising, which would worsen Earthnoid-Spacenoid relationships and potentially ignite another conflict.

So Syam concocted this rather asinine scavenger hunt with the hopes of finding someone neutral enough, someone who hasn't taken a side in the One Year War or its aftermath, someone who could be trusted to present the Charter in a way that doesn't color the actions of one faction any better than the other. The damn thing has (retroactively) been at the center of every dubious act in the UC, and has ensured that, more or less, the Universal Century would exist only to rehash the One Year War (at least until F91 happens, so it's really about making a definitive case for terminating the early UC to make way for the late UC). It had to go.

Long story short, Old Man Bandai wanted to free Gundam from its own past.
>>
>>14917703
That's not a good reason.

Syam Vest would agree with Char if not for Banagher and Mineva.
>>
>>14917715
It's a very fucking good reason; last time Char was trusted with anything important he almost caused a global extinction event.
>>
>>14917650
Except unicorn is non-existent. Just like your taste.
>>
>>14917726
Except both Char would succeed, if not for the meddling for the heroes.
>>
File: snow white gundam.jpg (77KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
snow white gundam.jpg
77KB, 400x400px
>>14917732
Heroes will be always there ti meddle with Villain's plans.
That's how it works.
>>
>>14917552
Underrated post
>>
>>14917666
But he literally says he wants to help out the Newtypes and see them progress.

He really isn't a douche at all at that point.

But then why the fuck did he spend 100 fucking years keeping this a secret and fucking up the newtypes.
>>
>>14917706
All of this along with a hundred of years of bloodshed over a single sentence on a piece of stone.

Really makes you think.
>>
>>14917706
10/10 would read again
>>
>>14918477
BUT THE LETTER OF THE LAW THO
>BUT THE SPIRIT OF THE LAW THO
>>
>>14916762
He's god
>>
>>14916762
Syam Vist was a great man
>>
Why did Full Frontal try to stop Banagher from revealing the charter if he was in support of newtypes gaining recognition?
>>
>>14925942
Because complicated reasons that I'm sure they covered but I'm too tired to remember.
>>
>>14926306
He wanted to hold it over the feddies' heads.
>>
This reminded me

I never did finish Unicorn.
>>
He grew rich and fat from blackmailing the EF and now that he's dying he made a tell all boo-- err mobile suit.
>>
All the writeups for Unicorn's plot are incomplete.

Does the original charter for the UC being made public actually CHANGE anything?
>>
>>14918472
Syam Vist is really, really bad at helping people.
>>
>>14927065
Well it either did nothing, or it kinda took the air out of the Federation's sails.

Regardless of if it retroactively set up the stage for F91 or not, what it avoided was having relevance in the way that would have not simply revive, but rebirth the Zeon movement.
>>
>>14927076
So... Gundam Unicorn is pretty much pointless as a whole?
>>
>>14927092
Pretty much.
>>
>>14927067
SORE DEMO
>>
>>14926984

Yea, Frontal never intended to make it public and says as much when his plan comes to light in episode 6. He wanted the box so he could bribe the Federation (the same as Vist himself did) and gain more than 4 years to set up his Co-prosperity Sphere before Zeon became part of the Federation again.
>>
>>14917666
>Vist is kind of a douche
The whole Vist family is fucked in the head, Banana was nearly made to go through cyber newtype training because his crazy dad saw that he had aptitute for it
>>
>>14927076

It's relevance was, or at least should, mostly have been in the end of Zeon. Which I do think Unicorn did make an attempt and even have some success at, but had problems, primarily because Banana never really took a stance on Zeon, it's ideologies and so on. He discussed it at times, like in Palau, but mostly he became friends with Zeon people and in a way, helped them become less Zeon. Which is necessary, because spewing hate back at them or blocking them out isn't really a good tactic to persuade them Zeon isn't a necessary or good idea - but you do need to do more than just become their friends, and at some point he needed to stand and say that Zeon wasn't defensible or rational or just morally actionable.

Which, again, he did make an attempt at once or twice, like saying the Colony Drops weren't morally justifiable and hitting Zinnerman for standing by while the Zeon Remnants killed people because it gave him some sense of revenge, but he was only standing up for the use of individual actions in those instances and never actually stood up and said that Zeon itself was a bad idea.

Instead that fell to Marida, who made some attempts at it herself, like talking to the coffee shop owner on Earth, discussing the Co-Prosperity Sphere with Full Frontal and in the finale addressing the world, but while she brushed up against the line and said Zeon was bad and shouldn't exist, she never really clarified WHY - which is just as necessary.

I do think Unicorn did what it, at least in my opinion, set out to do, which is to show why people gathered to Zeon and put Zeon to bed - that even having a clone of Char leading them and a more rational plan couldn't invigorate them, but it never really went far enough and showed why Zeon was a bad position to hold and shouldn't be a side people gather to.
>>
None of this unicorn shit is canon so who gives a fuck
Not Tomino = not muh UC
>>
>>14927092
Well if you want to be an ass about it, sure.

It's a message meant more for the viewer, that it's time to move on from the Universal Century and look towards a future full of possibility for the franchise.

...right after The Origin and Thunderbolt and Last Sun and probably a ton of other last minute UC milking.
>>
>>14927754
What would happen if an actual new type went through the training?
>>
>>14928684

They'd just be a stronger newtype. Char dismisses the need for Quess to receive such modification during CCA if I recall, since he felt she was already strong enough.
>>
Isn't Banagher a natural newtype?. He wasn't shown or mentioned to be undergoing surgery or chemical/medical therapy. Sure, he had electrodes attached to his head, but those are normal for *measuring* brainwaves. Quess, Amuro, and Char all wore psycowave measuring head gear in CCA while tuning their cockpit systems for the psycoframe.

>>14928687
The wording for the subtitles implies that she already got some basic NT enhancement, but didn't require more work beyond that.
>>
>>14928698

The context of the conversation implies to me that he's saying she doesn't need cyber enhancement to go further - rather than that she doesn't need further cyber enhancement. Especially with Nanai commenting that she's a newtype who can control funnels a few seconds later. The wording is pretty unclear, so it could really be either, yea.
>>
As a young man, he was a low-ranking terrorist from somewhere in North (I think) Asia. He turned to terrorism because he and his family lost their homeland during the unification of Earth under the EF government and were living in crippling poverty. He and the other terrorists managed to successfully sabotage the Laplace space station, but things went astray when he managed to survive the attack by accident.

After he discovered the "Box" and realized its true value, he proceeded to quietly blackmail the EF government for decades, married into a good family, and managed to transform Anaheim Electronics from a small business into the world's most important company. Then the OYW happened. The "Box," which had previously just been a historical curiosity that the EF hadn't been too concerned about, gained immense importance because of the rise of Zeon and the appearance of Newtypes. Furthermore, Siam Vist himself experienced a change of heart and profound regret over the OYW and the way the Universal Century had turned out because of his actions.

The creation of the Unicorn and the whole song and dance about travelling to different places (all of which had been scarred by war) to unlock the La+ program coordinates represented his final effort to hand the "Box" and the responsibilities of what to do with it to a party that had knowledge of the whole story and was qualified to act accordingly.
>>
>>14927065
Consider the following:

1.) The Federation goes from being this all-powerful entity that is easily able to dominate anything that opposes it in early UC series to an impotent background force in late UC series.

2.) Anaheim Electronics goes from being the premier supplier of military technology for the Federation to a pitiful shadow of its former self.

3.) All of the conflicts in late U.C. involve the rise of new spacenoid independence movements that have nothing to do with Zeon or the Zabi family.

All of these outcomes--the Federation losing much of its power due to a loss of political legitimacy, Anaheim getting sidelined due to no longer having anything to enforce their monopoly, and the balkanization of space--fit in nicely with everything that's shown to happen in Unicorn.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.