[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>80% off What's your excuse for not buynig the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: unnamed.jpg (55KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
55KB, 460x215px
>80% off

What's your excuse for not buynig the best modern 2D mech platformer out there? All for less than 3 dollars.
>>
>>14915755
>What's your excuse for not buynig the best modern 2D mech platformer

its not this shit, thats for sure lol
>>
File: 1353684268118.png (83KB, 243x292px) Image search: [Google]
1353684268118.png
83KB, 243x292px
>>14915755
>buynig
>>
>>14915755
>All for less than 3 dollars.
There's a reason for that
>>
>>14915755
Just because it's the best in a sea of shit doesn't make it taste like honey.
>>
>>14915834

Normally 16 bro.
>>
>>14915755
Already got the Assault Suit Leynos remake which makes Gunhund unnessessary.
>>
just tried it and the controls suck
>>
>>14915867

How did you like Assault Suits valken (cybernator) ?
>>
Gunhound's fun, but I prefer Gigantic Army over it (Gigantic Army just needs a longer dash, something closer to what Cybernator/Valken had).
>>
>>14915755
This game was surprisingly, more enjoyable than the Leynos remake.

Interestingly, the other Assault Suit games feel like knockoff or poor man's slowed down Scopedog, but the Gunhound mech in this game makes you feel like you're at the controls of Alt Eisen instead.
>>
>all these niggas hating on the game with the best Justice Ray
>>
>>14916013
Hell yeah Gigantic Army.
>>
>>14915755
Because I refunded it about three months ago for shit controls and being buggy as all hell.
>>
>>14916018
doubt anyone who shits on it managed to hear it or know why the justice ray is cool.
i wonder where the composer is now though i want to hear part 6, last time i searched about him i found that he worked with alicesoft years agothe idea of him composing part 6 for rance's finale makes my dick diamonds
>>
i assume that the bad control complaints are also present in the original psp version, right? does the pc version have new features besides better resolution and performance?
>>
>>14916107
The psp version seemed pretty flawless to me aside from the limitations of the PSP's own controls and the save system being seemingly borked. If you haven't played it, it's definitely worthwhile.
>>
>>14916013
>>14915849

I'd say that Gigantic Army, Gunhound and Assault Suit Leynose are all worth playing. But none of them match up to the snes classics (Metal Warrior, Assault Suits Vukan).
>>
>>14915755
>platformer
>>
>>14916582
Forgot Front Mission: Gun Hazard
>>
>>14917497

not as good as the other two.
>>
>>14918110
i liked it

a bit odd why they added trap man though
>>
>>14915755
Because I actually want a first-person mech action game where I play from the pilot's view in the cockpit.

The only game I ever played like that was that Gundam Side Stories game on the Dreamcast.
>>
>>14915755
I don't really know why anyone would call Gunhound best at anything.

It has two or three tracks worth hearing, which are Storm of the Mad Forest and Big Pain, maybe Rock on School! but it's generic anyway.

It's short as fuck, like really, really, REALLY fucking short.

The controls, especially the zero G levels are atrociously bad to the point the final boss is hard only because you need to get used to those shitty controls and don't make me talk about the physics in the game.

The level design sucks donkey dicks outside of the last two levels and the rescue level in the mine.

The bosses are a complete joke.

It has a lot of cool ideas, the weapon system is really neat, I love the punch/drill weapons even though they're mad broken but they feel just right on everything, I love the rocket launcher design, I love the extra weapon pod and the fact that you can go naked with zero armor for maxed mobility at the cost of being a glass cannon, but the game is full of so many oversights and overall shallow design decisions that it can't even hold a candle to ASV's pretty archaic and simplistic levels, even Metal Warriors has level design that seems fucking avantgard rocket science compared to the "go left and hold shoot for a while" of Gunhound.

If anyone's interesteed 3 bucks is all you should spend for the game, because frankly, it doesn't deliver all that well.
>>
>>14918144

it is at least worth supporting so we get more games like that.
>>
>>14918186
Well, I can't possibly argue with that, it's just that it's not that good of a game. Even though it does get a few things very right 90% of the game is pretty bad.
>>
>>14918110
Eh, I'd say it's better than Metal Warriors. MW had no pointless story and the levels were too maze-like. And Gun Hazard was made by the same team that did Valken.
>>
>>14918110
That's a pretty weird claim.

Considering Gun Hazard is twice as long as Valken and Metal Warriors combined. Plus it pulled off the out of cockpit mode way better than Metal Warriors ever hoped to. Sure Metal Warriors has more playable bots, but 4 of them were shit. Only thing it has over Gun Hazard is multiplayer.

As for Valken, Gun Hazard literally added onto the established mechanics and made it a unique experience. Sure the story was cheesy but so was Valken's if you get down to it. There's not really much to compare between them.
>>
While we're here I just wanna mention that Powered Gear was a fucking rad little beat 'em up and we owe the existence of Bloodia to it.
>>
>>14918711
They needed to make more in the beat 'em up style. The fighter was... something, but the beat 'em up was fun as hell! Why didn't they go forward with that dammit! FUCKING CAPCOM!
>>
>>14919171
Traditional beat 'em ups were already dying a slow death by that point.
>>
>>14918121
Does Strike Suit Zerocount?
>>
>>14919202
no
>>
>>14915755
It is nevertheless a very expensive symbolic gesture.
>>
>>14918654
>Considering Gun Hazard is twice as long as Valken and Metal Warriors combined.

Quality over Length. Gun Hazard has a series of boring ass missions and boring level design.
>>
>>14926078
Its a dramatic action RPG sidescroller. There's gonna be level grinding and repetition.

I'm gonna assume you're arguing for Valken and not Metal Warriors cause MW was a fucking mess with boring level designs and bosses.

As for Valken its a run and gun game to the core. Its designed to be fast paced and get you in the shit quick. Gun Hazard is the same system in an RPG format with a slower build up because it focuses on its story.

I'd say the two are equal in terms of quality and accomplished what they set out to do in two different genres.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.