[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I HURT MYSELF TODAY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJK yqALHC2w

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 29

File: 1478542371496.png (3MB, 1280x1322px) Image search: [Google]
1478542371496.png
3MB, 1280x1322px
I HURT MYSELF TODAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJKyqALHC2w
>>
That CG looks early 2000s Japan tier bad.
>>
Considering the current Hollywood and its audience "If I have to think, it's bad", will this movie have transhumanism or just a simple plot with a lot of action scenes?
>>
>>14915412
I was pretty happy when they announced that the writers have some decent science fiction chops, but it looks like the bulk of the story will be the Kuze arc of the second SAC.

I guess they don't know how to contextualize transhumanism without a boy for ScarJo to kiss.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/we-finally-know-what-part-of-ghost-in-the-shell-the-mov-1788549513

I guess it was too much to hope that Ex Machina influenced the production.
>>
>>14915380
The CGI is alright, they just fucked up the layering of the bit where she comes out of cloak. The lighting of the city in back is completely different from the foreground.

These initial teasers are usually just the first visual effect the production team finishes, though. Expect this shit to get refined and edited constantly until the week before the movie releases.
>>
>>14915418

and I was positive it was going to be the Oshii movie plot butchered since that's what most people think when they hear Ghost in the Shell.
>>
File: Ex Machina 2015 Box Office Mojo.png (126KB, 898x654px) Image search: [Google]
Ex Machina 2015 Box Office Mojo.png
126KB, 898x654px
>>14915418
Well, it seems like it's gonna be another Warcraft, the main audience being east-asia and america doing decently thanks to Scarlet.
>>
File: 1437972870655-0.jpg (85KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1437972870655-0.jpg
85KB, 960x720px
Hope this bombs desu

Maybe Hollywood will stay away from chinese cartoons if it does.
>>
File: guehtoko.jpg (29KB, 76x207px) Image search: [Google]
guehtoko.jpg
29KB, 76x207px
>>14915352
JESUS CHRIST HOW HORRIFYING
>>
>>14915352
I don't get this "I HURT MYSELF" meme, it's just a shit movie no need for self harm
>>
File: teheee.jpg (193KB, 308x349px) Image search: [Google]
teheee.jpg
193KB, 308x349px
>>14915352
It's very nice of her to have picked a dumpy and awkward cyber-body instead of a fit, sexy and lean one. That way, chubby organics won't feel too bad about not having super-strength.

Finally a positive role model for women who don't work out!

Let's all show appreciation for Scarjor's body-positive attitude!
>>
>>14915412
I think it will be less "If I have to think it's bad" and more " Explosions translate really well into chink". I really doubt we're going to get anything other than a generic action movie. Anything more would be hard to sell overseas.
>>
>>14915653
It's a song, nerd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPz21cDK7dg

>>14915352
This is quite simply something that didn't need to be made, and I imagine it's going to be inferior to the Oshii film in every meaningful aspect. That movie doesn't need to be improved upon.
>>
>>14915418
>At least not a full on Oshii remake
Phew!
>>
>>14915352
>>
>>14915732
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt1Pwfnh5pc
>>
>>14915412
I think GitS is one of those series that, if done right, can appeal both to non-thinking action junkies and fedora tier deconstructionists.
>>
>people already jumping on the MUH WHITE WASHED HOLLYWOODZ bandwagon

At least wait till its out, you shitstains.
>>
>>14915801
Oh come on.
The problem isn't that Scarjo is white, it's that she's ugly.
>>
>>14915801
I'm jumping on the "It's shit, and looks like shit, fuck Hollywood adaptations of anime" train actually
>>
>>14915806
I bet you've only ever slept with 10/10 and have a 15 inch dongarooney
>>
>>14915801
>>14915807
Both trains needs to be derailed.
>>
>>14915808
Are you SERIOUSLY whiteknighting big ol' Scarlet flabby tits Johansson?
>>
>>14915811
> the "It's shit, and looks like shit, fuck Hollywood adaptations of anime" train needs to be derailed
This is some advanced contrarianism right there.
>>
>>14915813
>>14915821
Literally none of has any right to pass full judgement until the movie is out and has been watched.

Until then, we all need to shut our whining mouths and fuck off.
>>
I'd rather a "Movie that wants you to think"over a "Movie that makes you think" myself.
>>
>>14915830

Meant for this. >>14915797
>>
>>14915825
Actually we do.
The fags who made this expect us to pay money to watch this.
And they made two trailers just so that we could pass full judgement on it, in hopes that this judgement would be favorable and that we would pay them money.
>>
>>14915838
>paying money for movies
>in 2016

Keep on feeding the corporations then, sheeple.
>>
>>14915830
I'd rather a "Movie where the supposedly attractive main character whose attractiveness is the selling point of the movie actually is attractive".
>>
>>14915841
Oh but I'm not going to.

I'm just explaining you why the people who made this movie have willingly and eagerly given me the right to pass full judgement upon it before having seen it.

I can only oblige them; they've been so generous as to show me the best parts of it for free, just so I could make that judgement.
>>
>>14915825
>Literally none of has any right to pass full judgement until the movie is out and has been watched.
Is this the mindset you had with Dragon Ball Evolution?
>>
>>14915852
HUR DURRRR A DURR

DARETRETETEREWTTmgnlgnlm
>>
>>14915856
>the sound of a Hollywood shill panicking and shitting himself in fear

such beautiful melody
>>
The original GiTS is a such a fantastically well-made film, and I can't wait for Hollywood to fuck up the point of it completely. Still probably going to sell decently on the name alone.
>>
>>14915892
>The original GiTS is a such a fantastically well-made film
It really isn't, it's a poorly-directed mess without much substance.
It's iconic, sure, and it's something to bring up if you want to sound smart, but by no means is it a great movie in anything but the visual aspects.
>>
>>14915892
>the point of it
Pretty sure the point is mostly entertainment and high spectacle.

You'd expect Hollywood to at least get that right.
>>
File: 0i2tyyl0.jpg (66KB, 297x422px) Image search: [Google]
0i2tyyl0.jpg
66KB, 297x422px
>>14915520
I agree, it's better to leave the shitty manga and anime live action adaptions to the Japanese.

Baka gaijin could never make as shitty movies as Devilman, Terra Formars or Gantz (or more appropriately, the sequel).
>>
File: ghost.jpg (309KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ghost.jpg
309KB, 1920x1200px
>>
>>14915825
Oh fuck off. There's been so many trainwrecks along this line that you literally can't see past the huge pile of ruined locomotives and coaches. We're perfectly justified in presuming that this train, like the others is going to crash.
>>
Jews shouldn't let other jews be actors.
>>
>>14915913
It's about as well-directed as a movie with that premise can be.

The premise being "adapt Shirow's clusterfuck of a story into a coherent movie and make it appeal to the guys who liked Kawajiri's movies and also yours".
Oshii fulfilled that extremely well, with his usual flair for craftsmanship.

Now the problem with this, is that it ends up looking like it's trying to make you understand a lot of really complicated and deep things, when in fact it's mostly supposed to be scary. So when you go into it without knowing all the tropes it recycles from previous movies, you get frustrated because everything you see on screen seems to point at a deeper meaning even when it's not, and also because you're used to Motoko having something like a personality and character development.

So when you get neither you're disappointed, but you were never supposed to have either in the first place.
>>
File: rare moment for Ryoma.png (159KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
rare moment for Ryoma.png
159KB, 320x240px
>>14915797
Is it possible to be both? I feel like I am sometimes, it's actually what drew me to the original GitS movie.

I saw bits and parts of the action scenes at a friend's house, like the invisible dude with the frag bullet Uzi, but when I sat down and watched it myself at home, the themes drew me in.
>>
>>14915940
Oh yeah it's entirely possible.

You just have to be really fucking dumb and very easily impressed by novel ideas. There are a lot of people who got into GitS with that mindset, typically people who constantly bring up its THEMES without examining what it does with those themes, and mostly jerk it to the amazingly spectacular action sequences.

You know, most of The Matrix's audience.
>>
>>14915922
>>
>>14915947
It's almost like the GitS movie was a big ol' influence behind the Matrix movie.
>>
>>14915913
>Poorly directed mess without much substance

Cmon you can do better than that. I'm not calling it a masterpiece but it's a very well made movie with interesting themes. It's a something an average person can watch and enjoy, as well as any anime fan. And there's all the sublties you pick up on multiple viewings. The parallels in the similarities between the Major and 2501, how 2501 was watching her the whole time, and why he picked her to merge consciousness with him. It's pretty neat.
>>
File: 1466891873964.gif (3MB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
1466891873964.gif
3MB, 350x262px
>read comments
>"this movie should bomb for whitewashing"
>first response: "More like Jewwashing"
/pol/ objectively saved the internet
>>
>>14915956
>why he picked her
I don't really remember that, but in the manga, 2501 picked Motoko because "muh red string of fate", and even Motoko made fun of her for being so silly.

Was boy 2501 less dumb than girl 2501?
>>
File: ghost in the shell analysis.png (2MB, 1624x4132px) Image search: [Google]
ghost in the shell analysis.png
2MB, 1624x4132px
>>14915967
Movie 2501 picked her because they were so similar. Here's an analysis that explains it better than I could
>>
>>14915983
Basically he needed someone who's as characterless and sociopathic as himself because he figured anyone who has more common sense and actual human qualities than Motoko would refuse and make it harder for him.
>>
File: smughead.png (16KB, 289x321px) Image search: [Google]
smughead.png
16KB, 289x321px
>>14915825
Really, faggot?
>>
>>14915983

This post actually makes a lot of solid points and was an interesting read despite the fedora-y vibe the author gives off. Thanks for sharing, m8.
>>
>>14916047
It's all fairly obvious observations, you know.
Plus a little bit of bullshit about feminism.
>>
>>14916062

Some of it I already noticed (like the bit with the wedding chant, the deliberate nature of the the movie's coldness) but other bits (like the Major always being spatially in a position of power composition-wise) is shit that I now actually feel dumb for not noticing, plus some stuff I always kind of saw in a different light.
>>
>>14915352
This looks fucking horrible, why did they feel the need to add a shitty cgi render of a cyberpunk city in the background?
Modern day hong kong and Tokyo already look like one.
>>
>>14916072
>is shit that I now actually feel dumb for not noticing
Rightfully so.

As I said it's all fairly obvious.

Plus bullshit about feminism.

Also is it just me or is this LITERALLY BENETT THE SAGE'S REVIEW OF GITS?
>>
>>14915940
Of course. A story can have a good balance of both excitement and plot.

>>14915947
What media is made for arrogant jackasses like you? Evangelion?
>>
>>14916079
Cause that way you have something mildly pretty to look at in the spaces that aren't occupied by Scarjo's flab.

It's the least they could do.
>>
>>14916085
>What media is made for arrogant jackasses like you? Evangelion?
the American GitS remake.
>>
>>14915352
>cloaking buildings

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>14916109
But Scarjo isn't burly, she's just chubby.
>>
>>14915352
It's like they knew what the scene was and what was in it but they didn't get how it works together, so just throw in all the same elements and change a few pieces around so it is their version.

Plus that body suit looks awful, like some cheap toku stuff. They probably went well people won't get she is a robot if we don't give her a robot body, plus keep age rating down for the kids! Same probably with her being in front of a future city, people would be confused if it was an old building cause she is a robot! Make a future city but don't get too stylish with it as that puts people off, just throw some holograms up. Also they'll set that chase scene to some high octane track, can't have something slow and atmospheric to set it all up.

Then there is the acting badass face. The original just has more subtlety to it, the major just has those cold robotic eyes. It is uncanny and kinda creepy which makes her intriguing, but that confuses people. I wouldn't mind if they did a different of her cause there are a few but just generic action woman black widow but Mokoto can fuck off.
>>
>>14916190
>more subtlety
No, movie Motoko has the "I've seen some shit" face throughout the entire fucking movie except when she's tearing off her own arms.

They didn't even need an actress who can act.

They just needed an actress who looks hot, athletic, and has fluffy hair.
>>
>>14915352
I've seen worse
>>
>>14916190
>Then there is the acting badass face.

Yeah, that's the thing. ScarJo showed that she can totally do "cold, unfeeling creeper" really well with Under the Skin, and her performance there is the one thing that makes me thing that *maybe* her performance here has a possible chance of working out. I won't judge her face here because for all we know, this could be happening within a totally different context character-arc wise, so the vibe could be different on purpose. But on the other hand

>It's like they knew what the scene was and what was in it but they didn't get how it works together, so just throw in all the same elements and change a few pieces around so it is their version.

Yeah, this. The original scene worked so well because it felt so sparse and empty, and the cuts flowed together well. This feels visually noisy and cluttered, and that sudden cut to the guy spinning in mid-air doesn't flow well, it's a striking image but the cut itself feels awkward and disconnected.
>>
>>14916197
We've all seen Dragonball: Evolution.

So that doesn't mean much.

But that being said, I would kind of prefer if it was DB:E levels of retarded betrayal. At least it would be funny.
>>
>>14915671
The type of body Motoko has in the manga only existed in the American bodybuilding/fitness/swimsuit model scene of the late 70s and 80s.

I'm afraid the increase in the accessibility of steroids, plastic surgery, and a variety of economical changes has basically made the type of woman the Major is based on into an obsolete existence.
>>
>>14916204
Again, being able to act like a slab of concrete is just a small part of imitating Movie Motoko.

Most of it is being sexy and athletic. Scarjo doesn't have that anymore.

In Under The Skin her physique works because there's the implication that she's actually a lump of alien goo in a girl costume, so being kinda "ample" is appropriate.

Motoko is literally armored. Hardbody as fuck.
>>
>>14916207
I watched both DB:E and the Avatar movie and found DB:E to be rewatchable myself.
>>
>>14916195
>Motoko has the "I've seen some shit" face throughout the entire fucking movie
That is more subtle that Mokoto Widow

>fluffy hair.
America will never accept the floof, just pray they never attempt Bubblegum Crisis

>>14916204
>this could be happening within a totally different context character-arc wise, so the vibe could be different on purpose.
I would be down for a more manga Mokoto, I just don't see that happening
>>
>>14916218
>obsolete
"obsolete" means "not needed anymore"

we need girls with that physique more and more with every year that passes.
>>
>>14916226
>Motoko Widow
Scarjor
NOToko KUSOnagi
>>
>>14915418
be prepared for the to butcher the plot of season 2, and make it about muh refugees
>>
>>14916231

>Not Shitnagi

I don't know why this is making me kek so hard
>>
>>14916237
no, each name is supposed to be read separately
>not motoko
>shitnagi
>>
File: 02-04.jpg (55KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
02-04.jpg
55KB, 1280x720px
>>14916225
>Avatar movie

You shut your mouth, The Last Airbender is a comedy classic

>mfw near the end when Iroh loses it and becomes death for all of 10 seconds and accomplishes nothing
>>
>>14916231
Worstoko
>>
File: htht.png (504KB, 784x385px) Image search: [Google]
htht.png
504KB, 784x385px
It's interesting to compare the cities

We have very plain vs can you tell this is the future yet we stuck up a green light?
>>
>>14915801
Let's not try and pretend that Hollywood doesn't completely fuck over Asian Actors

Not even Bruce Lee can get a fucking movie about him, it has to be a fucking white guy.
>>
File: 071_Daruma21_ID1_Dumb_Barter.jpg (864KB, 1280x1811px) Image search: [Google]
071_Daruma21_ID1_Dumb_Barter.jpg
864KB, 1280x1811px
>>14916245
If only they tried to make it look like the manga.

But oh wait, that would have required them to cast a hot, funny girl in the main role and make her wear a high-cut bikini body armor.
>>
>>14916250
They would have never looked as good as Shirow's art.
>>
>>14916250
People know the movie too well, you'd never convince a board of execs to go for the lesser known less popular manga

I also don't believe the whole it will be like the second series thing, stinks of F4tastic failure will be like the ultimate comics. I'm willing to bet it is script that was passed around a lot with license stuck on top and a few references glued on
>>
>>14916228
Oh, don't get me wrong.

You and I may want it, but the companies that promote the products in that industry have moved on to other "goal bodies" to pimp out to the young and old.

To them, it is more than obsolete.

Unless one of us is secretly in charge of a major supplement and fitness corporation, it's just not happening.
>>
>>14916257
It's obvious as fuck.

The sex dolls in the script are built by Hanka Precision Instruments (like in the manga) but look like super-creepy kabuki dolls (like in Innocence)
And then there's the Laughing Man shoehorned in it, allegedly.
And it's supposed to be Oshii Major

It's gonna be a fucking chimera made of all the least interesting aspects of each entry of the franchise.
>>
>>14916266
Oshii Major, but ugly like Arise Major.

So she doesn't have a relatable personality, and she doesn't have super-model looks.
>>
>>14916259
it could be the new dank retro styles
remix the old stuff so it's vaporjuicing
>>
>>14916282
that would be fucking neat as fuck.

But, again, they'd need attractive actors and actresses.
>>
>>14916282
I'd love to see it, especially in the male bodybuilding world.

A lot of the bodybuilders in the 90s and back had some amazing proportions and a focus on symmetry as opposed to just getting the bigger muscle.

I have a poster of Frank Zane I hung up over my bed that I make out with every night before I go to sleep.
>>
Well this Hollywood shit got me to watch the 95 movie again so there's that.

I fucking love 90s anime.
>>
One thing I like about the 95 movie is that the major is a cold, autistic professional who carries out orders for a somewhat shady black ops government agency with minimal oversight.

I just know Hollywood is going to fuck that up for normalfag audiences.
>>
>>14916226
>America will never accept the floof, just pray they never attempt Bubblegum Crisis
They were the kings of floof in the 80's though.
>>
>>14916430
And no one liked it.
>>
Let's see the full trailer before throwing stones.

I think it might be a too big to fail movie.
>>
>>14916419
Every incarnation of Motoko is extremely unprofessional and she goes rogue all the fucking time.
She makes up for it with tactical know-how but that doesn't prevent her from acting like a retarded hothead supercop all the time. It's just that she bosses everyone around so she fools them into thinking she's a no-bullshit operator. Except Aramaki, who knows better.

I fucking wish Hollywood directors/writers would portray her as a Lethal Weapon kind of loose cannon, but super-serious expressionless autistic operators operating tactically in tactical operations has been the standard for about two decades now.
>>
>>14916446
oh come on.
>>
File: 1476919518158.png (306KB, 724x479px) Image search: [Google]
1476919518158.png
306KB, 724x479px
>>14916446
>I think it might be a too big to fail movie.
>>
>>14915855
Not him but I did, no I did not pay to see it.

Also no I did not see the trailers beforehand.
>>
>>14916446
You're too far in the bubble if you don't realize how niche anime is.
>>
Maybe it'll pull an Edge of Tomorrow and actually be good, r-right?
>>
>>14916633
Oh yeah Edge of Tomorrow was actually somewhat decent.
>>
>>14915352
>not naked
Dropped
>>
>>14916642
This isn't the 80s anymore, son. Even suggesting a nipple in this day and age gets you an R-rating, and we can't have that. Got to make sure you can take your average 10-year old so he can sleep through it!
>>
>>14916633
I'm more concerned if the writers will try to quip it up.

I think movies these days are a bit prone to overusing witty semi-self aware dialog.
>>
>>14916652
That is why I am hoping to god that it gets a nice hard R rating.
>>
>>14916642
>>14916652
Major was never naked in that chase. Stealthsuit.
>>
>>14916653
The worst part is that the manga does have a good share of comedic bits and lines, but it's not Whedon quips.
>>
>>14916446
>b-movie tier hollywood adaption of an anime
>"to big to fail"
ghost in the shell may be critically acclaimed by many, but to hollywood execs and suits, it's just another cartoon they can cash in on.
They won't do it justice.
>>
>>14915806
She is not white, she is a jew.
>>
File: GITS_SITE_1920_AT_37.jpg (194KB, 1920x817px) Image search: [Google]
GITS_SITE_1920_AT_37.jpg
194KB, 1920x817px
>>14915352
>This instead of Ash Thorp's Project 2501
Way to go Paramount & Dreamworks. You've got dozens of extremely talented people who already want to make a GITS movie and instead you hired the snore squad.
>>
>>14915423
Yea def latter tier slap comps , doesn't really graded either. They got more work to do .
>>
>>14917141
He's not gonna get hired over WETA sorry bro :(
>>
>>14917160
kek

they do hire total nobodies to direct the biggest movies doe. maybe on day
>>
>>14916234
I'm fairly certain it was about Refugees > Gohda treachery > individual 11 shit spread amongst all of the plotlines > Motoko backstory > Kuze > pedophelic urges
>>
>>14916226
We already know how she's going to play the role, no need to compare it to Black Widow. We're basically getting another Lucy movie.
>>
>>14915352
A weapon to surpass Metal Gear

But in all honesty that movie is gonna ruin Ghost in the Shell
>>
>>14917362
>New [thing] is going to ruin [franchise]
No it wont. The films and SAC will always be there. Are you such an autist that the quality of this movie will change how you feel about the source material?
>>
>>14915825
That's what people said about the new Ghost Busters movie. Which people talked about more before it came out.
>>
>>14917419
GitS has been ruined countless times by now and it wasn't that great of a manga to begin with.
>>
>>14917455
>GitS has been ruined countless times by now

Fucking
>>14917455
>and it wasn't that great of a manga to begin with.
retard.
>>
I have an important cyborg ethics question, do cyborgs and androids have pubes?
>>
>>14917469
It's an optional. How close to the real thing do you want to get? Give money.
>>
>>14917419
This is a good point.

Let's face it, the last movie I went to was last Christmas. I don't do social media and I'm pretty adept at filtering out normalfags and their entertainment.
One ear in the other ear out as they say in Dutch.

None of this shit matters.
>>
>>14915352
>>14915671
>>14915806
I don't get it. Scarjo looked fine in The Avengers and Lucy, but she looks horrible in OP's picture.
Did Marvel have better costume/photoshop magic?

>>14917357
This. Seriously, if you want a preview of what this movie is going to be like, just watch Lucy.
>>
>>14917582
ScarJo in the MCU is a function of who's doing wardrobe and makeup. She looks like an old hag in Winter Soldier for reasons I'll never understand.
>>
>>14915352
>It's the future so we need LEDs on every building
Fuck this
>>
>>14917734
I don't think we're quite ready for a society where advertisements are posted on quadrotor drones, so you'll have to deal with good old neon signage using energy efficient lighting.
>>
I just can't see her as the Major. why can't they make her eyes a least robotic?
>>
>>14917762
Because it's watered down by Hollywood for the masses. Don't expect even a fraction of the artistic value the GITS movie has.

For example, you mention the eyes, this one I can see them talking "Oh but she needs to be expressive, to ACT, or else Joe Blow from the midwest or Ping Ping Pong in Hong Kong won't connect with the characters, the story" shit like that.
>>
>>14917776
Do the Chinese like ScarJo?
>>
>>14917782
Who cares what they like, cinematically-speaking they are at the level of a kid with downs.
>>
So gentlemen, now that Scarjo officially is Worstoko Kusonagi it's time to review the tiers for animated Tokos

>Bestoko GOATanagi Tier
GiTS: Megatech Body
>Moetoko Musclenagi
GiTS
>Motoko Okaynagi Tier
GiTS: SAC/2nd Gig
>Mehtoko Sosonagi Tier
GiTS: SSS
>Whatoko Thefucknagi Tier
Innocence
Arise
>Worstoko Kusonagi Tier
GiTS LA

I also say that we create a special type of award, the Oily Horsecock©, and gift it to the worthiest Toko.
>>
>>14917997
>something-toko

i urge you to stop forcing this meme asap
>>
File: 1337443466419.jpg (331KB, 1255x2021px) Image search: [Google]
1337443466419.jpg
331KB, 1255x2021px
Reminder that Shirow Masamune original manga had some seriously questionable aesthetic and character design.

I'm quite happy a GitS adaption isn't a 1:1 adaptation.
I do hope it fare better than Edge of Tomorrow though
>>
>>14917997

I am enjoying this new meme.
>>
>>14917997

>Motoko gets home after a long day of busting asses both literally and figuratively

>finds a weird, soggy package with "AWARD" scrawled on it in gold sharpie

>shotgun traps: activated
>>
>>14917776
>he unironically believes GitS's wooden character interactions are "artistic"
>>
>>14918100
>implying the GITS movie isn't an artistic achievement in anime

Your words are worthless.
>>
>>14918100

>being that one guy who insists that all styles of dialogue/characterization have to be to his subjective taste in order to be good
>>
Hmm, wonder if shirow will actually comment on the movie?

Has he said anything about the older ones?
>>
>>14918139
>Hmm, wonder if shirow will actually comment on the movie?

3 things could happen.

They could bribe him to make him say "This is the real GITS movie"

He badmouths the movie after release calling the studio that made it "white slavers"

Or he could remain indifferent and just mind his own business.
>>
>>14916446
>I think it might be a too big to fail movie.
I'm legitimately wondering how popular you think Ghost in the Shell actually is
>>
>>14916458
>>14916482
>>14916554
>>14916884
>>14918297
No, he's completely right. It IS too big to fail. It has nothing to do with its subject matter (GitS/anime) like you clods may think. It's too big to fail because of the staff involved and amount of money being pumped into it. It will turn a profit.
>>
>>14918358
>clods
I'm disregarding your entire post right now, you pathetic autist.
>>
>>14918041
Shirow has spent the last 10 years drawing ero art and rolling in GitS royalties. All he really wants to do is draw naked girls.
>>
>>14918373
Reads like the reaction of an abused child.
>>
>>14918399
Enjoy your autism.
>>
>>14918358
The last two years are seeing more high budget bombs than ever. Something similar happen in 2004, but the money invested is exponential (even accounting for inflation) compared to then. I rather it not bomb, and I'd withhold saying "Oh it's going to!" since we're only seeing a 5 second teaser, but anime don't jive in the big scene.
>>
Yeah, well, it's all you fuckers' problem now. I probably won't be around to see it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs5_JQeJPbU
>>
>>14918108
>implying it is anything more than a decent 90s ova
Jin Roh is way better than GITS, hell GITS2 is better than the first. Not seeing this "artistic" wankery.
>>
>>14918482
>jumping in. doing a DEEP dive.

FUCCK THIS
>>
File: 1437909443830.gif (344KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
1437909443830.gif
344KB, 256x192px
Eh, I look forwards to this more than the new Star Wars movies at least.

I'm hoping that Martian/Interstellar has learned Hollywood that you can make a profit of "smart" movies as well, and that we get a "smart" GITS and not something dumbed down like the Star Trek movies.

I actually agree with the choice of ScarJo as the Major. She's like the only good female action movie actress (and I sort of suspect that a large reason why this movie even got off the ground was BECAUSE of ScarJo, because they knew that she's like the only female actress who could actually carry a role like this and pull an audience)
>>
>>14918564
The Martian is pretty by the books. I don't know what you're on about. It's not even very smart either, unless you count Donald Glover knocking about making an absolute tit of himself smart.
>>
>>14918573

Anything that doesn't have an explosion every 15 minutes or some funny romantic hijinks every 10 minutes is by the definition a smart movie.
>>
>>14918578
I'd just call them normal movies.
>>
>>14918578
> Anything that doesn't have an explosion every 15 minutes or some funny romantic hijinks every 10 minutes is by the definition a smart movie.
By American standard those movie are pretentious intellectual bullshit, just like having a female character who don't want to be an obedient housewives make a movie a SJW feminist propaganda.
I'm joking, Disney had some surprisingly independent princess recently, and Ghostbuster did get made
>>
>>14917842

>who cares what they like

Hollywood. Immensely. China is always a key audience they try to appeal to because China brings in ridiculous bank.
>>
>>14920069
There's also that movie Arrival that everyone is apparently dicksucking pretty hard.

I mean the source material is pretty good and gets you thinking about some really cerebral stuff (essentially it's linguistic relativism, the idea that language shapes our ability to conceptualize the world around us, taken to a non-dystopian extreme.), and consequently the movie is being hailed as a resounding success for thoughtful sci-fi films.

I really need a word to describe my opinion of Story of your Life. It's in this camp of happysad meets bittersweet, if that makes any sense.
>>
File: 1408266697709.jpg (27KB, 300x470px) Image search: [Google]
1408266697709.jpg
27KB, 300x470px
>>14915352
>that weak fucking punch sending a anything flying
>>
>>14918564
>Martian/Interstellar has learned Hollywood that you can make a profit of 'smart' movies as well
I'd prefer never-ending retardation over what passes for 'smart' in pop sci-fi circles. Despite all the shit it got might make you think I'd recommend watching 'Prometheus' if you haven't seen it. It's probably the closest we've come to 'smart' science-fiction from Hollywood in a long time.

>>14920744
I didn't care for 'Story of your Life' at all. It reads like a sterile explanation of teleology first and a story second. Like a longer version of some short example paragraph in a high school mathematics book which explains the new chapter's concept to you; 'John drives ten km down this road then turns right and travels five, to work out this distance as the crow flies we can...'

I don't think it'll be much of a success for thoughtful sci-fi films even though I haven't seen it. Genuinely thoughtful science-fiction is about as common as genuinely inspired film-making. Like the autist in >>14915983 points out Oshii's movie worked because he's a true film-maker who knows how to use the strengths of the medium to make a point. I don't consider Ted Chiang to be a great writer and I don't expect his work to translate into great film.

At least this'll have to be a step up from Interstellar if nothing else, what a joke that turned out to be.
>>
>>14915520
If this bombs they'll blame racist and sexist because of it, same as the new Ghostbusters, new FF and Annie movies did
>>
>>14924805
bump for what?
>>
>>14924819
Ghost in the Shell is cool.
>>
Video of poor Oshii with a gun to his head saying it's going to be great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmOlBqlpUP0
>>
>>14924897
You mean "money in the bank", no one can force the director from a 20 yr old anime to do anything for this piece of shit
>>
>>14924897
Why do they do this stuff still? It fools no one but people who already decided it would be good, and even they know it is just marketing
>>
File: 1477941853839.jpg (93KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1477941853839.jpg
93KB, 960x720px
>>14915352
Thread posts: 168
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.