[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>thy settled the Stars Wars vs Gundam debate that never happened

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

>thy settled the Stars Wars vs Gundam debate that never happened
Where did this TIE Bomber come from, anyways?
>>
>>14909418

I assume that's something like an Oggo - a civilian mobile worker pod, that maybe was retrofitted as a weapon. There have actually been Star Wars versus Gundam debates before though.
>>
>>14909429
>There have actually been Star Wars versus Gundam debates before though.
Wish I could have seen some of them go down.

If you know, ballpark estimate, who usually wins in those arguments? Star Wars? Gundam?
>>
>>14909431

Star Wars. It's not even really a close contest, since Star Wars uses more advanced versions of almost everything Gundam has. They have better ships, better beams, better shields and better space magicians. The only things Gundam does have is psycofields, which are heavily limited in numbers and contextual in use, and Minovsky particles - which are kind of worthless when even a regular Star Destroyer can put out enough beams to glass a planet and just make do with saturation fire even if the accuracy of any individual beam is questionable. On the other hand Star Wars has multiple doomsday weapons, most of which can flat out destroy a planet and some of which can do it from the other side of the universe or destroy whole systems.

The general opinion is that it's a pretty bad match up and that Macross v Star Wars is more interesting. Or Gunbuster. There's probably other good things to put against it too.
>>
>>14909418
In PlaMoKyo there's an X wing vs core booster fight.
>>
File: 124.jpg (272KB, 1569x1199px) Image search: [Google]
124.jpg
272KB, 1569x1199px
Sure.
>>
>>14909431
>Star Wars
>Empires with billions of planets
>Planet busting space ships
>their own brand of newtypes with the force

Star Wars wins by a landslide. You could just park the death star outside of the solar system, nuke earth,send a few star destroyers to blow some holes in the colonies, and then pop back in time for lunch.
>>
>>14909464
the shields alone would be a gamebreaker
>>
Gundam's lack of FTL would be a crippling weakness against any of the many universes that have them. One second of FTL and you're out of reach. They're be totally outmaneuvered at every turn.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.