[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I haven't watched a good mecha anime in a while (apart from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

File: Iron_Blooded_Orphans.jpg (328KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Iron_Blooded_Orphans.jpg
328KB, 1920x1200px
I haven't watched a good mecha anime in a while (apart from Gurren Lagann, which I re-watched recently). What's /m/'s opinion of Iron Blooded Orphans? Is it at least as good as 00 Season 1?
>>
>apart from Gurren Lagann
Stopped reading there.

Thread discarded.
>>
>>14909282
Don't be a troll.
>>
>>14909264
>ttgl
>00
>IBO
>good
Back to MAL
>>
>>14909264
worst entry in the franchise, even SEED, Destiny, 00, Age, and G-Reco haters admit it's total shit. Japan is virtually disinterested in it including the fujoshis.
>>
>>14909282
>>14909317
>>14909318
Back to Red dit with you
>>
>>14909264
Personally? I don't like it. It's boring and the characters are flat and uninteresting. The plot moves at a glaciers pace. There's barely any fights, which would be acceptable if they used the time saved to develop people or advance the story. But they don't they dump exposition on you to tell you things you already know.

It's a shame, because the idea of a melee combat focused show, and the concept of centering it around a band of mercernies, is pretty cool.

Normalfags seem to like it though, so give it a shot. I hate it, but it's best to go in with an open mind.
>>
>>14909264
How bad do you wanna spend half a season watching people on a spaceship giving exposition dumps to stuff you've known since the third episode?
>>
So everyone here is giving it a hard time but I thought it was pretty good at least the first season. Just watch it and be your own judge stop asking others for their approval before you watch something
>>
I dropped it about 5 episodes in, tried extremely hard to like it because the designs are good and the kits have been fun so far. Its just too fucking boring, pretty much every criticism in this thread is spot on. Awful boring characters spouting exposition you have already heard, with surprisingly little action. That said, watch a few episodes and form your own opinion, as its decently popular outside of /m/ so maybe it will click with you.
>>
File: 1427995764370.jpg (35KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
1427995764370.jpg
35KB, 500x353px
>>14909264
I think its great
>>
>>14909731
I think you're great.
>>
>>14909264
Pointless exposition dumps aside, it's good. Maybe 00 season 2 good.
>>
00 S1 good? No, but it most certainly wasn't as bad as a bunch of butthurt G-reco fanboys who still haven't been able to get over people not liking G-Reco long after the show stopped airing keep trying to portray it as.

If I had to describe it using one word I'd call it "decent", it's not super great, but it definitely has it's moments and conversely also has it's faults.
>>
>>14909264
IBO is best watched marathoned so you're in luck. It's okay but the animation and pacing really kill it. Not a big fan of it myself. The show has great mechanical designs, an interesting setting and a world fleshed out enough to give rise to a myriad of potential side stories along with a political climate that works fairly well for giving rise to completely different stories within the same universe.

S1 of 00 is much better than S1 of IBO but they both feel kinda similar in the sense that the first half of each are fairly slow paced also the overall plot is much, much weaker.

Some of the characters are really "fake-deep" in the sense they talk a lot about things to seem profound and smart but the show just doesn't explore them very deeply aside from really cliche stuff. Also they pass the idiot ball around one or two times to remind the audience of stuff.

The most refreshing aspects about it are that there are no beam weapons and the main characters are notably 'darker' than previous Gundam protagonists. It also has a fairly interesting setting that kinda feels like Gundam X.

Don't listen to /m/ and participate in silly fanbase wars, it's all a ruse to aid in the continued degradation of the board.
>>
>>14909657
t. Guilherme Lizeo
>>
File: 1478307749114.jpg (951KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1478307749114.jpg
951KB, 1280x1024px
>>
>>14909657
I never use reddit and I kinda agree with that guy.
IBO is the worst entry level series for normies to catch on Gundam.

Worst storyline
Worst Characterization
Worst Mobile Suit Design
Worst Animation
Boring Plot

what now faggot?
>>
>>14909790
No one here talking about G-reco but you. Only retards who have brain aneurysm think IBO is better than G-reco

Beautiful Animation G-Reco
Fun and vibrant character G-Reco
Good Story G-reco does it better than IBO

The only redeeming nature of IBO is muppet atra.
>>
>>14909676
>the concept of centering it around a band of mercernies
considering they moslty fight the same people for the same person they might as well not be mercenaries.
>>
>>14911726
>considering they moslty fight the same people for the same person they might as well not be mercenaries.
Well this is why Season 2 is probably such a great improvement; Mars Tekkadan does PMC Security for Kudella, then goes Mobster on the Pirates AND the guy that hired them to bump off Kudella, while EARTH Tekkadan is working as Military Advisers and supplementary forces for Arbrau.
>>
>>14909264
So far I'd say it's better than SEED but worse than 00 (all of it), in my opinion. While I don't know the circumstances behind its production, IBO feels like a mishmash of disconnected ideas with nothing to say and a overly reactionary response to people complaining that AGE, BF and G-Reco were too "kiddy" or "not hardcore enough" for them.

Unfortunately its attempts to be edgy often comes across as laughable rather than serious, and the characters don't a good enough job of selling the story.
>>
IBO needs to be renamed to Iron Blooded Ovaries, makes more sense than Iron Menstruation.
>>
Don't reply to Guilherme Lizeo. He thinks IBO is the best Gundam since Turn A.
>>
welp, /a/'s mod is confirmed for censoring any criticism toward Iron Menstruation
>>
>>14911869
ANN and Anime Suki have become part of the site staff and are trying to make this cancer look good
>>
>>14911869
>mods do their job
>shitposter complains that they can't shitpost

Cool story bro, now check em.
>>
>>14911869
>>14911874
Guys post a link next time.

>>>/a/149459219
>>>/a/149459219
>>>/a/149459219

But yes, /a/ is now censoring anyone that gives negative commentary to IBO.
>>
It's obviously something you shouldn't watch one episode per week, marathon wise it's pretty neat.

Action wise it's a nice change instead of your typical beam spam, it's fun to see Mika whack people to paste with his giant stick.
>>
>>14911770
In Japan, I've seen the show referred to as Orphans of Menstrual Blood, or as we would put it Menstrual Blooded Orphans.
>>
>>14911915
>Action wise it's a nice change instead of your typical beam spam
Not at all, beam spam at least looks pretty
>>
>>14911655
>G-Reco's story
>Better than IBO
I bet you think Ed Wood was a master script writer?
>>
>>14911935
I bet you're /a/ trying to censor /m/
>>
>>14911947
>Thinking that banning G-rekt shitposters wouldn't significantly improve the quality of the board
Seriously thou, there's criticism and then there's just shitposting. Spamming "REEEE!!! IRON MENSTRUATION SUCKSS!!!" like you people do falls into the latter category.
>>
>>14911935
>>14911959
I bet you don't have the balls to end your own life, Guilherme.
>>
>>14911967
>>
>>14911959
Better to ban IBO diehards like you
>>
>>14911987
But that's censorship, you hypocrite
>>
>>14911990
Nope, you're the shitposter
>>
I don't know what the fuck you guys are complaining about, you all act like this show was meant for die hard /m/ fans and because it doesn't meet any good expectations it's a shit show. Spoiler Alert: it's not meant for anyone who likes mecha or good gundam series it's meant to be an edgy anime for casuals and sell fucking model kits. As long as it makes money Bandai Sunrise will never make a show that can appeal to all Gundam fans. So stop acting like butt hurt fags who love UC and G Reco and take the shit show like a real fan. If not go re watch your favorite series or some shit and shut the hell up and let other people enjoy it you faux nostalgic critics
>>
>>14911987
>Don't hate the show's guts
>Must be an IBO diehard
Nice logic you've got there famfam...

Seriously thou, it's one thing to be critical of a show and another to take part in the "IRON MENSTRUATION SUXXX"-spam that has become way too common on /m/.
>>
>>14912031
>Seriously thou, it's one thing to be critical of a show and another to take part in the "IRON MENSTRUATION SUXXX"-spam that has become way too common on /m/.
Except next to none of that was present on that topic.
>>
File: 1475345401924.png (129KB, 360x406px) Image search: [Google]
1475345401924.png
129KB, 360x406px
I dont watch the shows, I just by the kits lol
>>
>>14911888
wow that is pretty fucking bad, censorship status is rising there!
>>
>>14912041
Seeing how criticism of IBO here on /m/ always ether degrades into that or then it starts off as that I have some serious doubts about it.
>>
File: CXzXUO5UkAALrwV.jpg (77KB, 440x640px) Image search: [Google]
CXzXUO5UkAALrwV.jpg
77KB, 440x640px
>>14912044
>loves Ippei unorthodox mech designs
>still doubt my self to buy gusion

i just dunno man, one thing i really like the urban toys like shape but i fucking hate to put any IBO stuff on the self
>>
Personally, I've honestly enjoyed watching it weekly, for both Seasons. I like the change of pace in its characters and plot, with the focus on the setting's politics and the scheming inherent to them. People are correct, in that there aren't the sort of fights you see in other Gundam shows, and really there's nothing wrong with that. Also the Barbatos is an excellent-looking machine, that feels unique, instead of being.... just another main Gundam. Admittedly I'm not someone who could be called a Gundam fan. I enjoyed 00 and G-Reco when I watched them, and my first Gundams were of course, Wing and G during their original US Airings. I liked both of those as well, with G and 00 still standing out as my favorites. Basically... it's at least worth giving IBO a chance.
>>
File: 1476892720921.jpg (60KB, 655x480px) Image search: [Google]
1476892720921.jpg
60KB, 655x480px
>>
>>14909318
0/10
>>
>>14911655
>thinking G-Reco has anything redeeming about it

And I bet you don't think Tomino is a hack.
>>
>>14911935
>IBO's story

What story? If this god awful plot ridden with exposition is a definition of a good story that's explain why your mind can't grasp G-Reco or any other media that needed an attention span of more than 5 minutes.

Stick to A/Z faggot
>>
>>14911888
Never trust /a/ when dealing with /m/echa anime.
Its a board full of normies and entry level faggot
>>
>>14911726
>considering they moslty fight the same people for the same person

I actually had the opposite problem with the earlier episodes, before dropping it
Switching who they were fighting, from Ghallajhorn to teiwaz to pirates, prevented me from really caring about or hating any of the villains.
>>
>>14909264
>Gurren Lagann
> 00
Like poetry.
>>
>>14911646
>Worst storyline
>Worst Characterization
>Worst Mobile Suit Design
>Worst Animation
>Boring Plot
You talking about 00, Seed, Wing, Destiny, AGE or what?
>>
>>14914214
Talkin aboot IBO senpai
>>
>>14911874
>>14911888
>>14911911
>muh ANN conspiracy
>>
The rating viewer in Japan received the worst lowest rating.
>>
>>14914238
Do you know the definition of "worst", mouth breather?
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.