[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Playing ZOE2 for the first time >Have watched the trailer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: vmzoehd1.jpg (28KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
vmzoehd1.jpg
28KB, 640x360px
>Playing ZOE2 for the first time
>Have watched the trailer and some gameplay before, along with Idolo
>Always thought Dingo was just a tan white dude
>Realize that he's really, really dark in a lot of the cutscenes
>Wait
>Dingo Egret
>Mars is like the Outback
>Holy shit he's an Australian aboriginal (at least partly)
>Probably the only one to serve as a main character in a vidya ever
Why are the Nips so much better about having realistic diversity in their scifi?
>>
>>14904093
>Why are the Nips so much better about having realistic diversity in their scifi?
apart from ZOE can you name more?
>>
>>14904093
Samurai Shodown has Ainu in it
>>
>>14904099

Well 0079 had a Canadian (Amuro) and a Mexican (Ryu Jose) along with Japanese in the cast, and several others were unlikely to be Japanese given their names and/or designs, like Bright and Sleggar. SDF had a fairly multi-cultural staff too, with Claudia LaSalle presumably being of French-African descent, Roy Focker (could be anything really, but unlikely to be Japanese), and Global among others all likely to not be Japanese. I'm trying to remember if the ethnicities of the cast of Vifam, Dougram etc. are ever specified, but a lot of them have casts that don't come across as Japanese either due to their names or their designs.
>>
>>14904099
You'll be surprised how much tanned pilots exist in gundams (even in the originals there was spics, nips, burgers, jerries, cheekies and maybe some bongs running around, and there's even a nigger general in the later ovas).
>>
>>14904141
>I'm trying to remember if the ethnicities of the cast of Vifam, Dougram etc

The cast are deloyerans.
>>
In the future everybody is a Japanese half or quarter-breed
>>
>>14904141
>Mexican (Ryu Jose)
I thought Ryu was BR

Also Kai is Puerto Rican meaning an ancestor is from PR and he's from Florida/NYC/Space
>>
I still can't get over his name being fucking Dingo.
>>
Anything that isn't Japanese is exotic to them
>>
It's just because they think it's cool, no real reason.

You want something actually rare? There's tons of Japanese media where a foreign woman falls in love with a Japanese guy, but how many cases can you think of where it's a foreign man the Japanese girl loves? Because nothing makes an otaku's blood boil more than that.
>>
>>14904141
I believe in some versions Amuro is also Mexican. Frau is obviously German, Job John could be any of a number of things (including Middle Eastern). And Claudia was African-American, from one of the areas where they would have taken French names as Freedmen (Louisiana or the Northeast).

But basically, yeah, every Gundam is exceedingly diverse as a rule, as well as the earlier Macross series.

>>14904099
Um... Most of the scifi that ran on Toonami/AS (Blue Sub Six, Cyborg 009, IGPX, Eureka Seven etc.). Planetes.
>>
>>14904301
Didn't that happen in Getter Robo Go (I think)? There was this one super racist American guy who hated the Japanese, but he started a romance with this Japanese girl and that cured him of his race prejudice.
>>
File: UNDERSTANDING.jpg (27KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
UNDERSTANDING.jpg
27KB, 500x282px
>>14904359
>super racist American guy who hated the Japanese, but he started a romance with this Japanese girl and that cured him of his race prejudice.
That's what I call racial relations.

Also I think most real robot stories take place in a universe where old racial lines have been blurred by disasters or space migration. Imagine when you and people of another race are in space and pussy/dick is low. You're gonna want to stick it in/be stuck with someone. So there's bound to be new racial identites popping up. hell you see it in countries with large amounts of diaspora.
>>
File: 1403584754013.gif (971KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1403584754013.gif
971KB, 500x300px
>>14904267
Dingo's a rad fucking name. Like being called Hunter, Joe or Ace.
>>
File: Milf_bridges[1].jpg (551KB, 1093x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Milf_bridges[1].jpg
551KB, 1093x1600px
>>14904301
>You wouldn't knock up an American woman with your Jap halfbreed then refuse to take responsibility
>>
>>14904492
>Ace
what a guy
>>
>>14904498
Yeah, I wouldn't knock up an American woman

I like white women, not brown women
>>
>>14904336
Amuro is hispano american in the novels if i recall.
>>
>>14904301
Plenty in shoujo. Especially if its a school setting.
>>
File: img000019.png (251KB, 810x1300px) Image search: [Google]
img000019.png
251KB, 810x1300px
>>14904490
>That's what I call racial relations.
To top it off the reason he hated them was because he had family who died in Pearl Harbor and in WW2. Schwartz was comically racist, but still acknowledged as one of the best pilots. The Russian representative pilot was also a large lesbian.
>>
>>14905699
For some reason i thought of godannar reading that.
>>
File: 100189.jpg (106KB, 704x770px) Image search: [Google]
100189.jpg
106KB, 704x770px
>>14905699
>The Russian representative pilot was also a large lesbian.
She was definitely 'large' in a lot of ways
>>
>>14905701
There also were Canadian twins who looked like bear hugger from punch out, huge fat bumpkins.

>>14905709
I'm pretty sure in the manga she was really butch looking, but maybe I'm remembering wrong. She did have some huge tits tho like most Russian women.
>>
>>14904093
Because they don't do it to be topical and diverse. It's organic.
>>
>>14904093
But Abo doesn't have white hair.
>>
>>14904093
Japs don't even kown that abos exist.
Hes just tan
>>
How is it diverse if he's the only dark skinned guy and everybody else is white?
>>
>>14908768
Ahman is too fucking white even, he's like a fucking albino.
>>
Ken fat cat tats
>>
>>14908772

Metatron's a hell of a drug
>>
File: 1447651614573[1].png (222KB, 553x484px) Image search: [Google]
1447651614573[1].png
222KB, 553x484px
>>14908928
>>
>>14904218
>In the future everybody is a Japanese half or quarter-breed

RICED.com
>>
>>14904099
Every Kojima game pretty much
>>
>>14904301

There's the black guy Mack in the Yakuza series who has a Japanese wife and no one in the setting seems to be bothered by that. He's just a comic relief more than anything.
>>
>>14904359
Yeah, Schwartz.

For reference, his grandfather died at the Pearl Harbor attack, and his father killed suicide after his auto business was ruined by Japanese competition. So he hated all Japs, but Sho was just too hot for him and it broke through his hate.
>>
>>14904301
Funnily I had been reading about some live polling taken of college age students in Japan on their opinion of whether or not they'd date a foreigner. Some said no but the pretty big majority said yes, and for the women a lot of them said something in the area of "well sure if I loved him".

Also from said poll, it was unanimously the guys, not the girls who answered yes that their parents would probably disapprove.
>>
>>14904530
I'm not picky, I just want to find real love.
>>
>>14908747

There's never been an Abbo in space, so how do we know space doesn;t do that to them?
>>
>>14910153
committed suicide*
Killing suicide is badass though
>>
>>14905691
Well most shoujo is written by women for women so that isn't exactly a surprise.

>>14910195
>Also from said poll, it was unanimously the guys, not the girls who answered yes that their parents would probably disapprove.
More expectation of them. That and the whole it's the father's blood that counts thing.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.