[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of stuff would you recommend to someone who liked Gurren

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: gurren.jpg (221KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
gurren.jpg
221KB, 640x960px
What kind of stuff would you recommend to someone who liked Gurren Lagann, Eureka Seven, and NGE? I don't care if the plot is fairly standard so long as its enjoyable through and through.
>>
Within the realm of /m/ I feel like those shows are pretty far separated from each other, but flash is clearly important to you

Try Godannar
>>
Legend of the Blue Wolves
>>
Gunbuster
>>
The Getter OVAs. There's three sets, none of them are related to each other or much else. I'd start with New Getter Robo since it feels like it actually has a proper introduction.
>>
File: Mecha Chart.jpg (514KB, 1279x1047px) Image search: [Google]
Mecha Chart.jpg
514KB, 1279x1047px
I don't know. You've listed pretty average series that fucking relied on animation over substance for the most part.

Which means you might not even be a mecha fan, which means you won't watch a show that's good because it doesn't have a fucking expensive budget or wastes all it's resources on it.

I dunno, try fucking Dai-Guard
>>
File: Anime tip fedora.png (92KB, 463x469px) Image search: [Google]
Anime tip fedora.png
92KB, 463x469px
>>14890778
>>14890789
>>14890811
>>14890823
>>
>>14890739
> recommend to someone who liked Gurren Lagann and NGE?

death
>>
>>14890739
Try to come up with a reason for why you liked this or that show.

Like, Gurren Lagann is mostly about the endless adrenaline so Kill la Kill or Getter Robo Armageddon are good picks.
But if you were into it more because of the growing up message, then you'd be more into super-robo stuff like Diebuster, Gunbuster,...

Eureka Seven was also split.
If you liked the animation, the art style and world presentation, then you should go with Xam'd Lost Memories, Overman King Gainer and G-Reco. All of them have a good soundtrack, nice animation and a pretty complicated world they try to show you in-medias-res as the story progresses.
If you were more into the romance, then you should instead go with stuff like Escaflowne or Full Metal Panic.

Hope this helps, OP.
>>
>>14890823
Gurren Lagann is rated pretty highly among the elitists though and so is Evangelion even if many don't consider it a mecha anime. Eureka Seven is probably the only show that relied on animation and wasted its storytelling opportunity. Some of the favored mecha shows are harder to get into than others that's why I recommend series that have acceptable visuals like 00.
>>
>>14892291
>Gurren Lagann is rated pretty highly among the elitists
What elitists are you talking about? Because no one who has watched a considerably large amount of anime and are very critical of the medium consider TTGL pretty highly rated.
>>
I can recommend a few shows myself if you have some patience but if you don't like them then you can drop them.

Like the other poster, I also recommend FMP and Xam'd if you liked those shows and Big O if you don't mind the visuals though I think they're still decent for the show. I would also recommend Code Geass for its entertainment value if you don't mind some of the over the top stuff.
>>
>>14892308
Some sites like MAL have a group of viewers claiming they know what shows should be considered great and noteworthy. I agree with them in some cases but not all.
>>
>>14892361
MAL are the worst kind of elitists, aka the kind that knows fucking nothing. They have seen pathetic amounts and think they are some defining voice.

Case in point they use MAL which has so much wrong information it hurts, New Getter has Go Nagai listed as original creator and there is no mention of Ken Ishikawa and when he is included he doesn't get top billing for his own series. MAL is one of the absolute worst sites because it has an underserved elitist attitude and spreads misinformation.

MAL not only knows fuck all about anime, they know even less about Mecha in specific.
>>
For gundam, 00 and the original are good starting points. For other series, read the original getter saga and watch the ova's. Then read the original mazinger and watch kaiser and shin.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.