[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In case anyone still hasn't got it, Chroma Squad is part

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: chroma squad.jpg (227KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
chroma squad.jpg
227KB, 1280x720px
In case anyone still hasn't got it, Chroma Squad is part of the current Humble Bundle at the $1 tier.

>Chroma Squad is a tactical RPG about five stunt actors who decide to quit their jobs and start their own Power Rangers-inspired TV show! Cast actors, purchase equipment and upgrades for your studio, craft weapons and giant Mechas out of cardboard and duct tape. Once the cameras are rolling, you will control your cast of five colored-jumpsuit-clad warriors in dramatic, turn-based battles!
>Customize your TV studio: hire actors, upgrade your gear, do marketing, craft weapons, costumes and giant cardboard robots!
>Tactical RPG combat with a twist: combine your heroes’ abilities with Teamwork maneuvers!
>In-Depth RPG systems with skill trees, random equipment, crafting, and branching storyline with 3 different endings!
>Giant Mecha combat – destroy the city to save the city!
>A love letter to Power Rangers, Tokusatsu and the Japanese series of our childhoods!
>Deliciously-animated pixel art and a chiptune soundtrack that shines like justice!
>>
It's a fun game and worth the price. About 13 hours, and you will probably end up upgrading everything. 3 endings, so train your Assault. Mecha bits are fun, but by the end you are OP, until the last boss.
>>
>>14873667
Played it last year and it was okay. Starts out charming, but it gets boring after a while and the comedy is pretty lame. The final battle was hype though.
>>
File: 1460338605816.jpg (157KB, 792x892px) Image search: [Google]
1460338605816.jpg
157KB, 792x892px
>>14873667

>inspired by Sabans Power Rangers
>>
>>14873667
>that early unironically SJW mission

No thanks.
>>
>>14874692
Came here to post the same thing

>Hey we need some extras, my cousins free so we'll ask her
>HOLD UP THERE YOU SEXIST PIG
>WHAT ABOUT THE TROUPE THAT ONLY WOMEN NEED SAVING?
>WE SHOULD SAVE A MAN INSTEAD
>Yea!
>Yes!
>Great idea!
>Gyrl power!

Yea, no. It's very shallow and preaches shit at you where it doesn't belong. Wouldn't recommend it even pirated if you're already invested in games with depth.
>>
>>14874685
That wasn't there until Saban threatened legal action because apparenlty Saban thinks they invented Sentai.
>>
Fun game, definitely worth picking up at such a low price. A lot of little things that sentai or toku fans in general will appreciate - I particularly enjoyed the big Gavan reference
Also the devs seem like nice people and one of them chatted to me about God Hand so they're fine by me
>>
It was okay.

That mission with the tree-man villain was fucking stupid though.
>>
I hate that crappy minimalistic pixel art. Why do indie devs keep doing that?
>>
>>14874871
Because it's way easier than learning how to 3D model and then putting effort into making a game in full 3D
>>
>>14874878
Sure, but there's beautiful spritework on retro consoles even with heavy limitations. The people making the graphics for these games are hacks.
>>
>>14874879
I completely agree
>>
>>14874879
>>14874883
Evidently, people trying to do meatier designs are in the minority. Pixel Noir, Cryamore, Ghost Police, now those are examples of prospective projects with big/decent sprites. Hell, Pixel Noir even has isometric 3-D like Chroma Squad does, so you'd think more elaborate sprites would become more of the norm.

But nah, most folks need smaller sprites so that their games can come out faster, so this is bullshit.
>>
>>14875024
Noice, I remember Ghost Police due to the delicious brown girl and I hadn't heard of the other 2.
The indie game I'm looking forward the most is the full release of CrossCode. I already own the game, just waiting for a full release before getting into it.
>>
It's a fun game, definitely worth trying. Though I'm glad they toned down the memeage from the initial release.
>It's Collins Bear!
Who?

>>14874705
>I have a cousin whose dream is to be on a show like this!
>Your cousin's dreams are sexist and cliche! We'll rescue a guy!
I'm off the opinion they should have had a choice given, and maybe rescuing the guy gives you a fan boost and choosing the girl has an angry fan send you a letter telling you to pack up, your show isn't going to last (and it gives you a cardboard box)
>>
I'm still waiting on that DLC they said would come out a few month after launch.
>>
>>14875058
>and I hadn't heard of the other 2.
I don't blame you, many Kikestarter projects fall under the cracks between higher-profile stuff. Even the insane-looking Douglas Circumstance got ignored (though at least the project is still going despite lack of funds: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/331328470/douglas-circumstance-monster-extermination-company-0/posts/1666999).
>The indie game I'm looking forward the most is the full release of CrossCode. I already own the game, just waiting for a full release before getting into it.
Oh yeah, forgot about that one. It seems tight.
>>
>>14874685
Beta tester here. Half way through its prolonged development, Saban came in with some legal action. The Devs were very hush hush about it, but from what they changed/added, it was something to do with the art assets that were similar to the Power Rangers/Zyuranger. Saban also made them add the "Inspired by" part in the title screen to appease Saban's cabal of lawyers.

There was some debate whether or not they had a chance to contest them in court, seeing how they did not invent sentai etc. but since it was a small studio with like 6 dudes in it, they kinda backed down. It wasn't there in early versions of the game. I also find it super odd because the whole game super takes the piss out of Saban.
>>
>>14875475
You mean the Solo Rider DLC? Its in the game. Its an alternate path for chapter 5 where you play as just the assault.
>>
>>14877148
>>14874705
I remember trying to convince the devs that this mission was trying too hard. I think we sorta got them to tone it down a notch but its still there. Its sorta the odd man out in this respect, as none of the other missions pander like that. Its just that its like the 3rd mission so it sticks out.
>>
>>14877196

Being subtle isn't how that clique rolls.
>>
>>14874705
When you look at it now, it seems more like a joke against SJW logic even if it was not intended.
>>
>>14874109
Honestly, by the final mecha battle, I was ready for the game to end.

And then that turned out to be the hypest shit.
>>
>>14873667
At least I'm not forced to use Steam this time around.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.