[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a chance that we'll ever get another fully hand-drawn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: PBTgL.gif (1009KB, 500x288px) Image search: [Google]
PBTgL.gif
1009KB, 500x288px
Is there a chance that we'll ever get another fully hand-drawn high-budget /m/ movie that won't have CGI mecha or be part of Gundam?
>>
File: 1409242631400.png (138KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1409242631400.png
138KB, 375x375px
>>14871486
Tomino is making one right now. With fantasy mecha, and hookers.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-09-25/gundam-tomino-discusses-2d-fantasy-robot-anime-plans/.93321
>>
>>14871486
>fully hand-drawn high-budget /m/ movie
No, there's no way it would be possible to do in the current industry and mecha is incredibly unpopular these days so absolutely no one would see it if it weren't part of a franchise.
There's also quite literally no demand for it either because of that, and thus no reason for any studio to even consider it.
>>
Gothicmade when/if it finally comes to DVD or Bluray
>>
>>14871486
Break Blade was really good, though it was more than one OVA
>>
>>14871498
>and hookers
sold
>>
>>14871486
It's 2016.
>>
>>14871550
Gothicmade is the passion project of one very insane man, so I doubt it would qualify as "high budget".
>>
>>14871498
Old fart's gonna die before he even makes the first G-Reco compilation movie.
>>
>>14871523
>mecha is incredibly unpopular these days

That's bullshit and you know it.

Only problem is that pretty much every mecha anime being made is CGI. You can count the number of hand-drawn mecha shows in the past five years with your hands.
>>
>>14872794
>G-Reco compilation movie.
the least the series need is condensing the plot even further
>>
>>14872803
so 10?
alright, let's see
>Sidonia
>Buddy Complex
>Riding Dirty
>Regalia
>GReco
>Build Fighters
>Does Unicorn count?
>Build Figthers Try
>Iron Blooded Orphans
>Aldnoah Zero
>Gargantia

there, 10. Probably even more.
I proved you wrong.
>>
>>14872833

I'm fairly sure by CGI, he may have also meant shows where the mechs are CGI even if characters are hand-drawn, so that immediately discounts Aldnoah and Gargantia, and I don't even know why you listed Sidonia because the entire show is computer-animated.
>>
>>14872833
>You can count the number of hand-drawn mecha shows in the past five years with your hands.
>hand drawn mecha

The only thing you proved is that you are a retard with no reading comprehension.
>>
>>14872840
I forgot Cross Ange, look how hand drawn it is.
>>
>>14872833
Venus Project Climax had hand-drawn robots with all the quality you can eat.
>>
>>14872833
>Sidonia
Is this some kind of bait? You fucked up on your first one anon, how could anyone forget that 3D CGI shitfest that was sidonia.
>>
>>14872803
>That's bullshit and you know it.
Fuck you, if mecha were actually popular we'd get more than 1 fucking show per season. And those shows would sell more than the 1000 BD copies on average that modern mecha generally sell.

I mean FFS, name a mecha show from the past 6 years that has sold more than 15k average BD copies.

There's no hype around mecha, especially the big franchises, at all anymore. G-Reco, Build Fighters, BFT, IBO and Macross Delta all have ABYSMAL sales, viewership ratings and overall popularity.
>>
>>14872958
>G-Reco, Build Fighters, BFT, IBO and Macross Delta all have ABYSMAL sales, viewership ratings and overall popularity.

God, not this meme again.
>>
>2d hand drawn

hand drawn is dead op... seriously dead.
>>
>>14872833
>I can't tell if this anon is actually mentally retarded or bait
>>
Well there's Redline, if that counts...
>>
>>14871486

Japan is completely incapable of making nice animation right now.
>>
>>14874806
Not /m/ but Flipflappers just proved you wrong with episode 03 going ham for funzies.
https://twitter.com/XlRHGPOxhgGhbNc/status/789759012573032448

There was two Symphogear references however.
>>
File: 1407008997157.jpg (131KB, 500x612px) Image search: [Google]
1407008997157.jpg
131KB, 500x612px
>>14874845
>There was two Symphogear references however
Those weren't referencing Symphogear.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.