[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some terms used to define the way mecha transform or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

What are some terms used to define the way mecha transform or combine? The only two I can think of is Parts-former and Shell-former.
>>
There's also clusterfuck gattai for when a bunch of disparate parts combine into a giant heap of nonsense.

Like, imagine the bizarreness of Ginguiser mixed with the vehicle count of Dairugger. That's where clusterfuck kicks in.
>>
There's Scramble City for the G1 combiners, I guess It's Combiner Wars now.
>>14867473
Or Mugenbine.
>>
SYMMETRICAL DOCKINGU
>>
Mass-conserving transformations/combinations. Or not mass-conserving as the case may be.
>>
File: mugenbine.jpg (293KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
mugenbine.jpg
293KB, 1200x1000px
>>14867473
>>14867482

mugenbine is like Lego but robot parts, everything is part swap, no pure transformation
>>
Is there a term for those simole transformers whose transformation is literally just
>It lays down and bends at the waist
>>
>>14867554
it's called 'sits up'
>>
File: transformers-grandus-toy.jpg (56KB, 582x317px) Image search: [Google]
transformers-grandus-toy.jpg
56KB, 582x317px
>>14867554
it was pretty unique for toys back in 80's because it's basically glorified playset

now it's a norm for sentai final mecha
>>
>>14867496
How big is that combo of clusterfucky goodness?
>>
>>14867482
>There's Scramble City for the G1 combiners, I guess It's Combiner Wars now.

Sometimes called "Free Combiners"

And then there's "Integrators" for things like Headmasters.

And there's "morphing" for things that cheat on their transformations, like the Getters and the TFs from the live-action movies.
>>
>>14867494
>Mass-conserving transformations/combinations. Or not mass-conserving as the case may be.

Also known as "Expanding Plasma" (per the Mekton Zeta RPG)
>>
>>14867554

A lot of of the Mobile Suits in Gundam that are "transformable" follow this method. (Outside of the Z/ZZ era.)
>>
And then there's the kind of combination where, to form the super robot, a lot of parts have to be added on that just don't go anywhere on the individual parts.

I'm looking at you, Devastator!
>>
>>14867731
>Getters

Speaking of which, that's a relatively rare kind of gattai/transformation -- where the component robots can "stack" in multiple orders.

Getters
Albegas
Aquarion
Transformers Go! Swordbots
Twinzam V (from KikaiOh/Tech Romancer)
etc
>>
File: Gogglecaesar.jpg (49KB, 750x375px) Image search: [Google]
Gogglecaesar.jpg
49KB, 750x375px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp6FsydogVU
>>
>>14867744
I hate that. I wish more robots would have their spare parts become something.
>>
>>14867496
Is this the most parts in a single robot?

Or is there something even more monstrous out there?
>>
>>14867465
Combiners
>>
>>14867465
>What are some terms used to define the way mecha transform or combine?
You mean Gattai?
>>
>>14867465
gestalt
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.