[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was The Origins' point to make Char an unlikable psychopath?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

File: vlcsnap-2015-03-03-12h10m23s66.png (518KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-03-03-12h10m23s66.png
518KB, 1280x720px
Was The Origins' point to make Char an unlikable psychopath?

inb4
>we always was an unlikable psychopath

I enjoyed the Zabis and Rals but Char was insufferable.
>>
I thought Char was pretty cool in this. Though I wish he was a bit more socially charismatic.
>>
>>14867157
>unlikable psychopath
Stop forcing this tvtropes idea. He's not a psychopath. He's alone in the world ruled by hostile elites, who want to kill him and his sister.
He acts like an undercover agent - by playing a role and removing unreliable people.
>>
>people say The Origin and only mean the anime
The point of the fucking Origin was to remake 0079
Honestly doing this arc first was fucking idiotic on Banrise's part, because now we have people like OP
Yas helped create Gundam. This is THE Char whether you like it or not.
>>
>>14867525
Yeah anime fans are autistic and Char has Unusually subtle character development for an anime character so its no wonder they bitch about Origin and CCA. Their brains cant process it because he doesnt just blurt out his feelings for the viewers convenience
>>
>>14867157
>Was The Origins' point to make Char an unlikable psychopath?
No. Remember, this is Gundam. It justifies what made Char do the things he does to the zabis in the original series.
>>
File: 598465416548416.jpg (46KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
598465416548416.jpg
46KB, 480x480px
>>14867157
If you've watched the Charmuro trilogy, you'd have known that Char was already a sociopath. I mean, this is the same guy who thought it was a good idea to kill all life on Earth.
>>
Daily reminder that the Zabis were right.

Zeon should be renamed as Zabi desu
>>
>>14867851
shit that one where he betray real Char hurt the most
>>
>>14867157

Are there really likeable psycopaths ?
>>
>>14867525
I would accept your premise, if Anime Origin Char didn't have a rape face every other scene.
>>
>>14867970
>rape face
Oh, come on. Everybody makes faces
>>
>>14867157
>asshole who betrays everyone and tries to drop an asteroid on earth is shown to be an asshole
Yeah I think it was intentional
>>
>>14868138
Why did Lalah fell for such an asshole?
>>
>>14868141
Because being a slave prostitute sucks
>>
File: canvas.png (404KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
canvas.png
404KB, 500x707px
>>14868141
>Why did Lalah fell for such an asshole?

Because poorly-written forced anime romance.
>>
>>14867949

There is Asuka in NGE
>>
>>14868198
Would anyone fall for Lalah itt?
>>
>>14867949
Halleluja?
>>
>>14867157
lets not forget that char acted like a Mary sue during episode 3 of origins
>>
>>14867949
Strangelove
>>
File: 598465416548416.jpg (29KB, 360x280px) Image search: [Google]
598465416548416.jpg
29KB, 360x280px
>>14868210
>liking Asuka

I bet you are into some weird femdom fetishes.
>>
>>14867525
You'd have a point if he felt any kind of remorse for all the terrible things he does. Instead he smirks like a smug asshole everytime he betrays people who were his friends or trusted him.

>>14867846
It diesn't justify shit. Sayla had just as shit a life as Char but she remains a fundamentally decent person who just wants to live a normal life. Char is just all sorts of fucked in the head.
>>
>>14868347
He had his little remorse moment in 0079.
Actually, silencing the feelings and pretending that nothing happens, while you're about to get killed, is a huge stress, so improper reactions might be the sign of it.
>>
>>14868263
Asuka isn't even a decent dominatrix
people who like her aren't into femdom so much as they're just into self-degradation
>>
>>14867157
It was to provide backstory and explore a mostly vague part of UC in the middle of a retelling and being able to get away with writing it however Yas wanted because its a retelling and not a straigjt adaptation.
>>
>>14868141

Because love knows no bounds, and newtype bull...
>>
>>14868210
>There is Asuka in NGE

Asuka ? No, she's no psycopath.
She's a broken girl after the angel mind raped her. Until that point she was the most normal of all the EVA pilots.
>>
>>14868362
If you've read the manga he really is a straight up psychopath in Origin. His whole deal with Lalah (and to a lesser extent his sister) is that she's one of the only people in the world he feels a connection to and cares about and the first one to do so in a long time. That's why he fucking loses it when she dies. Until her he didn't care about anyone except his own family.

His life growing up may have made him a psychopath, but he's still a psychopath.
>>
>>14868347
>You'd have a point if he felt any kind of remorse for all the terrible things he does. Instead he smirks like a smug asshole everytime he betrays people who were his friends or trusted him.

Correct. For Char to just be doing what he's been doing for the sake of survival, he would naturally feel remorse. Someone else died such that he could live-on.

The absence of these feelings indicate psychotic tendencies. Yes, the lack of empathy, sympathy or remorse all point towards a psychotic mentality.

There is a subtle difference between regret and remorse. I think Char regrets nothing- I also think he lacks any and all remorse for his actions.
>>
>>14867851
> One does not care to acknowledge the mistakes of one's youth
http://charaznable.ytmnd.com/
>>
>creator gives character a one or two remorse moments
>what a pussy!
>no remorse episodes
>Call da polis, der's a madman around
>>
>>14867525
He isn't a psychopath, he's just kind of an idiot and a terrible person. He has reason behind it but it's mainly because he's a political idealist.

He's far from unlikable though, he's quite likeable in spite of his many MANY faults particularly due to his charisma.
>>
>>14867501

What weirds me out is how, here, Char is literally responsible for everything. He's not just a Captain, he's actually the driving force behind a lot of things. He does his best to keep Garma alive, he fights in the uprising, he pilots the first Zakus, and so on. He's basically one of the founding figures of Zeon.

And the part with the 'real' Char Aznable, who happens to look identical to him? What the fuck was up with that?

>>14867846

What, you mean like when he got his friend - who was completely supporting him, and even gave him his mask - killed, because he was afraid the guy would blow his cover? And he did it by putting him in a tank that was blown apart by RPGs? That was a dick move!
>>
>>14867157
> he's just kind of an idiot and a terrible person.
Would you call an undercover cop or an uncaught spy an idiot? I don't think so. A bad person - maybe.
>He has reason behind it but it's mainly because he's a political idealist.
No, it's mainly because he's dangerous for Zabi regime.
And don't mix believer and idealist. Char was pretty flexible in the sense of beliefs
>>
>>14868691
>>14868661
>>
It's like a soap opera borrowing fame from a previously established series.

>oh here's character x and y from this show you loved
>now let's see them do random dramatic shit
>wow much lore such deep story very rich character amrite
>>
>>14868691
In execution of his plans he is brilliant, but I consider his undying belief in his ideals which are inherently faulty makes him an idiot. Not to mention his plan to make people leave earth to let it heal he wants to kick off by dropping a fucking colony and ravaging the surface.

I consider him an idealist like Che Guevara who i feel was likely the biggest influence to Char. Unlike his higher ups who mask corrupt actions with some political ideal, he genuinely believes in it and has never had to experience the realistic negative conferences. He's so high on the idea he cannot logically look at it and realize fault or issue with it despite them being glaringly obvious. Because of this he is a powerful tool to his superiors that serves as this symbol for the people to really behind as their hero and his charisma/skill brings new followers while getting the job done. But he is also very dangerous because he believes all the crazy shit they say, meaning that their corrupt bullshit won't fly by him and he won't take issue continuing to fight under the political ideal's name and overthrow them if it came to it.
>>
>>14867157
>>14867525
>>14868605

OP you can't "inb4" the actual answer to your stupid question. Read the Origin manga, if anything he's worse there.

Sociopaths are very capable liars, yes, and another common thing is that they revel in the deception, something that is often referred to with the corny term "duper's delight."

I feel like literally almost every scene with Char in the Origin manga involves him grinning this evil ass shit-eating grin to himself. I just finished the Garma arc and they really hammer in the idea that Char is this fucking psycho, meanwhile Garma is if anything kind of a sympathetic character. Yeah he's kind of a rich kid, not very competent, bit of a homo, but he's not a terrible person and he genuinely thinks Char is his friend. Meanwhile Char is just getting a boner the entire time at the idea of killing him in almost every scene they're together.

Char is only really a sympathetic character when he's a little kid, and maybe after 0079 in Zeta, but during the OYW he's a pretty big douche asshole.
>>
>>14868688
I agree with the similarities, they pretty much asspulled that.
>>
>>14867157
Yas is a homo with a fetish for psychopaths. He self-inserts in Garma and wants Char to rape him in his sleep. This is the one true answer.
>>
File: beaten up.jpg (986KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
beaten up.jpg
986KB, 1920x1080px
>>14868141
He's sexy, smart, has cool voice and he's a newtype. Pretty weak one, though.
So, how about making this a Lalah thread?
>>
You type all these words to explain something really simple
Sayla = can let go
Char = cant let go
Reason Why: Char was older and. Can remember Zeon Deikun and what happened
Sayla was a toddler
>>
>>14868532
If you ignore her mommy issues then sure, she's the most normal.
>>
File: tmp_502-manson414844268.jpg (13KB, 300x322px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_502-manson414844268.jpg
13KB, 300x322px
>>14868141
Psychopaths can be charismatic anon.

Ever heard of Charles Manson?

Lalah got snake charmed. She was a young vulnerable woman looking for a daddy figure.
>>
>>14869568
You're talking about Quess. Lalah looks smarter than her.
>>
Isn't part of this knowing the whole Char story ahead of time?

It's really just Zeta where he isn't a shit person
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 610x406px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 610x406px
>>14868776
What ideals are you talking about? It's only in CCA that he acts according to "ideals", literally at the end of his character arc. In Origin and 0079, his only aim is get revenge on the Zabis. I wouldn't exactly call that a high ideal.

He is completely aimless after completing his goal and losing the only person that cared about, Lalah. In Zeta, he only happens to be on the right side of the war because the only thing he knew what to do is fight. Here, he starts devloping an ideal, but it's only after seeing the constant destruction of Earth after the One Year War, the Gryps Conflict and the 1st Neo Zeon War that he finally gets the drive to act on his beilef that the Earth must be left alone by humans by any means necessary, ASAP.

You somehow completely fucked the motives of Char in your head into something that does not exist. simply put Char takes no half-measures and sometimes does things impulsively because as you've seen but no doubt misunderstood, the scene where he takes control of a Guntank at 8 years old encased and established Char's personality. Not that hard to understand Vietnamese moving textiles
>>
>>14867851
I watched 0079 mind you and although he has some issues he was never this full of himself.

He felt a bit bad after killing Garma, had a "normal" relation with Lalah, still cared for his sister and soldiers under his command. Sure, he wanted to kill the Zabis and pulled some questionable shit, but he wasn't completely batshit, that's why people liked him I guess and saw him as kind of a tragic character in a way. He could be relatable.

In Origins (anime, don't know or care about the manga) he just doesn't giving a fuck. I know he is younger than in 0079 and people changes, but he doesn't look like the guy that helped his -unknowingly- rival change the flat of his car.

For me, Origins transformed the vengeance-driven, with questionable morals Char, into an unlikeable psycho.
>>
>>14869966
>I watched 0079
>He felt a bit bad after killing Garma
>"because he was a spoiled brat."
>He felt a bit bad
We must've watched different 0079s then.
>>
File: the laughing comet.gif (317KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
the laughing comet.gif
317KB, 500x375px
>>14869966
>He felt a bit bad after killing Garma

He was literally smiling and laughing as Garma died.
>>
>>14868375
What if I like Asuka mostly for the idea of breaking her?
>>
>>14869966

Remember that when Char says he has some 'regrets' about killing Garma, it's when he's revealing his identity to Kycillia. It's highly likely that he's lying his ass off to stay in Kycillia's good graces, because unlike Origin Kycillia (who's just a scheming bitch), 0079 Kycillia actually does care about her family and acting all smug about how you screwed over her little brother is just inviting getting a bullet in your head.
>>
File: 598465416548416.jpg (103KB, 888x672px) Image search: [Google]
598465416548416.jpg
103KB, 888x672px
>>14870302
>0079 Kycillia actually does care about her family
>>
>>14870226

Then you probably need therapy.
>>
>>14867157

Origin Char really does comes across as being on a whole different level of psychopathy than normal Char.

Normal Char was an asshole, but he still came across as human. Origin Char comes across as being a notch below Dexter.
>>
>>14871530
Only after finding out he ordered the death of their father.
>>
>>14869962
Oh, see.An expert.
>>
>>14871530
Gihren killed his own dad without remorse. Why would you think there woul d be any warm feelings between him and the rest of his family.
Kycilia respected her father, adored Garma, the baby of the family, and got along with Dozle just fine, even if she didn't think he was the brightest tool in the shed. She was a hard woman but she wasn't incapable of tender feelings. She was even fond of Char of all people. Still she hated Gihren, her very own brother, with all her heart. The way I see it the problem is not with her but with Gihren. I am not sure if there was anyone who knew him personally that actually liked him as a person and he definitely never gave anyone a reason to like him.
>>
>>14867157
>Takes origin to make him think the guy who wanted to drop an asteroid on earth is an unlikable psychopath.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.