[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, will I get crucified if I say that Faiz is my favorite Kamen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: kaixaxfaizxdelta.jpg (306KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
kaixaxfaizxdelta.jpg
306KB, 1024x768px
So, will I get crucified if I say that Faiz is my favorite Kamen Rider series, followed by Gaim and Fourze?
>>
>>14864293
there IS a lot to like to it, it's just that the brand of storytelling isn't that popular here and there are some story holes that are unacceptable in the places where you see it discussed. Hell, I'd argue that there's plenty of merit to it and there are shows that are "hated" here more. Even here people are quick to point out the redeeming aspects of the show, because it does exist

I remember, early in the tokusatsu fandom days, that Faiz was well-respected in some of the toku discussion circles, and part of that can be attributed to the overlap between J-drama watchers and people who saw this. For example, people here are drawn to toku most likely because of the same reason kids are - flashy action, cool suits, and the rest are take it or leave it.

tl;dr it's completely understandable why someone would like Faiz
>>
File: INOUE.webm (1MB, 740x493px) Image search: [Google]
INOUE.webm
1MB, 740x493px
It has a lot of neat ideas but I think it was executed poorly.
>>
>>14864293
I thought Faiz was /m/'s favourite Rider?

That said, /m/ is a place where anything goes. You can like any Rider here.
Except Wizard.
>>
>>14864337
What about Kiva?
>>
>>14864293
Faiz is breddy gudd except for that botched final arc. Also has best designs in the franchise for both riders and monsters.
>>
>>14864337
>Except Kiva
FTFY
>>
I just like Faiz the most for its darker and more mature tone and themes, alongside some of the coolest Kamen Rider designs. I'm even able to put up with all the communication problems in the show, since communication is one of the major themes of the story.

Heck, Gaim is my second favorite partly because it was heavily influenced by Faiz.
>>
>>14864293
Those are my favorites too. They might not be as flawless as Kuuga but they're more interesting in my opinion.

Faiz and Gaim have a level of cynicism that is unreal for a show for 4 year olds.
>>
File: 10thAnniversaryRiders.jpg (71KB, 622x460px) Image search: [Google]
10thAnniversaryRiders.jpg
71KB, 622x460px
>>14864337

You get more bang for your buck by liking Decade as your favorite. By choosing Decade, you automatically get 9 other main riders with him.
>>
>>14864293
Somehow i saw Faiz as a Kamen Rider equivalent of Gundam Seed

> Both filled with shout out to original series
> Both have teen-drama tier storytelling
> Both reviled and hated by /m/
>>
I don't want to hate Faiz. I love the parts when it's actually doing tokusatsu things and Takumi's a great MC

I just hate the rest of the cast and the show feels like it wants to be more of a J-Drama than a toku full of retarded misunderstandings.
>>
>>14864578
And yet, both have mecha designs that are adored.
>>
File: Faiz.png (83KB, 250x404px) Image search: [Google]
Faiz.png
83KB, 250x404px
>>14864634
Yep, I agree with you. Faiz has the best mech aesthetics compared to other Heisei Series IMO. I mean it has minimalistc vibe compared to edgy and shiny designs of other heisei series.
>>
>>14864293
Nah, it's in my top 5 too.
>>
Faiz is my jam, but that's probably because I watch it as a j-dorama that occasionally lapses into toy commercial rather than the other way around.

Dorama can be a very divisive thing here, but if you're in the market for it, Faiz has it.

Past that I primarily like Skyrider if only because I lose my shit every time he crashes through a wall.
>>
Faiz would be at the top of my to watch list if there were decent subs for it.
>>
>>14864393
>Gaim is my second favorite partly because it was heavily influenced by Faiz
Except conflicts in Gaim existed because their characters actually had different mindsets while in Faiz they existed because they couldnt talk to each other and always assumed the worst possible scenario on everything they saw.
>>
>>14866919
> I watch it as a j-dorama that occasionally lapses into toy commercial rather than the other way around.
Thing is, it's supposed to be the other way around.
>>
Faiz had great atmosphere, likable characters, realistically dangerous villains and some of the leanest suit designs in KR. But what I love the most about it is the movie.

Holy shit, I can't get enough of Paradise Lost. My brother, who can't stand toku, stayed around to watch it. Post-apocalyptic shit and KR go so well together.
>>
File: 26e0b3472ecf6f80fa6f976f226e815e.jpg (198KB, 800x1044px) Image search: [Google]
26e0b3472ecf6f80fa6f976f226e815e.jpg
198KB, 800x1044px
>>14864634
>>14864742
It also feels the most legitimately mechanical outside of, like, G-3. Belt gets hauled around in a case and has to be assembled, the upgrades are just additional pieces of equipment that don't change the suit so much as unlock dormant features. And that belt voice, man...
>>
>>14864293
No
>>
>>14868705
STANDING BY.......

DUN,DUN,DUN,DUN,DUN

COMPLETE
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.