[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's been a few months since it ended. What do you expect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1465820927407.jpg (286KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1465820927407.jpg
286KB, 1200x1200px
It's been a few months since it ended.

What do you expect from Season 2?

Also who do you think was in the right, Jin or Haruka?
>>
I'm amazed how in 10 minutes of the final episode they managed to completely kill my sympathy for Haruka.
>>
File: 1467289827629.jpg (213KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1467289827629.jpg
213KB, 750x750px
>>14863989
Haruka and Jin both embodied what being a Rider is like in different ways. Despite being a bit spineless, Haruka is good-natured and does come to the conclusion that he wants to protect everyone, Amazons included. While he is more blunt about not doing it for justice, Jin fights for what he thinks is right and has a strong will and resolve to see it through.

However neither is truly a "good" Rider because they ultimately do what they do for selfish reasons.

Jin feels guilt for what happened with the Amazons so he's doing it out of his own interest rather than something altruistic and is borderline obsessive to the point of not caring for collateral.

Haruka doesn't know where he belongs in terms of whether he's a human or Amazon and spends a lot of time thinking of what he wants rather than what others want, this includes both the humans and the Amazons. He comes to a resolve to protect everyone at the expense of everyone at the same time, showing he's still on the fence about what he should do and doesn't show much concern for who gets hurt so long as the bad ones know their place.

Either way, neither of them is a good guy though personally I'd like to see Haruka get brought down and actually understand what he's doing while Jin learns to become more humble.
>>
>>14864005
Spot on about Haruka. Though I disagree about how he represents Riders. When it really came down to it, he acts like a coward. When Jin behaved selfishly, no one got hurt and he did his best to focus on the Amazons and what he set out to do. When Haruka behaved selfishly, everyone paid for it because he doesn't know what he wants.
>>
>>14864005
This. The main reason why Haruka is less likable and reasonable than Jin is simply because of one thing: consequence.

Haruka has absolutely nothing to lose in this fight to protect or defeat humans/Amazons, because he constantly switches sides and implants his own ideologies of being right based on his own selfish needs. The show has tried to portray him as a loose cannon at times (the spike scene in the tunnel that nearly killed everyone, including Mizuki), but they sadly don't explore more into those and make Haruka think about what he is risking by saving people blindly or hurting others instead. That's why I base my enjoyment of S2 mainly on whether or how much Haruka suffers from his decisions and actions.

As for Jin, while he did not get as much screentime as Haruka, he has shown a sense of loss and still keeps doing what he wants despite losing further. The Amazons were not ideal to what he wants and he feels it is his duty alone to clean his mess, even if it means transforming into that very monster and eventually ending himself. The last scene at the beach with Nanaha really highlights how lonely he feels when he fights against a world full of illogical people who would naively protect Amazons and who do not see the dangerous potential they fully possess. This doesn't really excuse his character from being insane enough to use the "I'm protecting humanity!" card as an excuse to fulfill his own desires, but I do think that his losses are going to keep piling up and it would be great to see some results of him trying to gain something beneficial for once.

tl;dr: Both characters are horrible riders, but Jin is so far not as horrible as Haruka.
>>
Jin was 100% in the right until he protected a fucking serial killer just because he was human.
>>
>>14864009
>When Jin behaved selfishly, no one got hurt
You mean like when he forced the whole rain plan to go through and amazons started exploding and murdering in the streets?
>>
File: 1468132468793.jpg (139KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
1468132468793.jpg
139KB, 722x349px
>>14863989
Jin was right, human need protection too

but Haruka also right, the amazons are also living being, instead of hunting them until extinct, why don't try to make a cure or something

also if there's no outbreak and the company planning to take over the world, Jin is very likely against them
>>
All Amazons will eventually go feral. That's an unavoidable, proven fact. No matter how nice and personable they might be in their human guises, when that armlet runs out of drugs, they'll be chowing down on people in no time. Haruka wants to shelter them and protect them until that time, which is naive because eventually that means he'll have to kill every single one of them. Jin just wants to kill them no matter what, which seems fine in the long term, but the problem lies in the fact that Amazons are sentient, so before they awaken, it would be no different from killing a human.

The best course of action would be to track down and contain the dormant Amazons (possible considering even blue armlets have trackers) and try to find a way to stabilize them permanently. That way, they could get to live some kind of life without the possibility of becoming a monster down the line.
>>
I hope they don't revert to status quo by killing Haruka's Amazon pack and have Haruka and Jin grudgingly team up against greater evil. That will be boring.

Haruka turn into anti-villainy was pretty interesting.
>>
I get rock hard whenever Haruka yells out amazon.
>>
>>14865343

His actor is awful whenever he has to be be submissive and brooding, but really shines whenever he needs to be determined or wild.
>>
>>14864988
>All Amazons will eventually go feral. That's an unavoidable, proven fact.

Except Jin, but that's probably because he's merged with his Amazon cells symbiotically.
>>
>>14866645
It's because he's like Deadpool, he regenerates his human cells by eating protein as fast as the amazon cells devour them. That and he's the genetic template for all amazon cells so he's basically a walking amazon to begin with.
>>
>>14864928
Jin has a simple but extremely strict moral code. Kill all Amazons, don't hurt humans. He didn't think they had the right to kill humans no matter what. No getting to pick and choose, because then your moral code starts slipping.

It's a very simple moral code that plenty of more morally white heroes have despite the obvious consequences of their actions. It's just less sympathetic here because it was a fucking serial killer and it didn't try to create a scenario that sugar-coats his actions.

It's not like they wouldn't have called the police to deal with it anyway.
>>
I expect the show to end with Haruka keeping his ability to transform but all the primal parts to it are fixed.
This way they can use him for crossovers.
>>
The real moral is that they were both wrong. Haruka for harboring potential ticking time bombs, and Jin for becoming a psycho murderer. And that was the beauty of the show. There was no good guy. There is no morality in the fight for survival.

>>14867260
Alpha and Omega are playable in the new All Rider game. Take that as you will.
>>
>>14867409
Being in a game is a bit different to appearing in a kids movie alongside other, not overly violent, Riders.
>>
>>14867095
>don't hurt humans
More don't kill humans directly, letting a murder go or tlaloc will get more people killed but he didn't pull the trigger so he is fine with it
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.