[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Gundam IBO didn't even get 10k average >Macross Delta

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 7

>Gundam IBO didn't even get 10k average
>Macross Delta won't even get 10k average
Is TV mecha anime dying? Seems like the only thing that still sells is UC Gundam OVAs.
>>
>forgetting to count the stream views
>or the torrents

No wonder they prefer to base success on merchandise sales, you can't just pirate a model kit.

inb4 3d printers.
>>
>>14862600
both series were utter trash
>>
>>14862600
After the gigantic flop that was reconguista they are playing save with the budget. That's why IBO doesn't sell. The animation and quality is too shitty.
>>
>>14862675
reported
>>
>>14862675
>After the gigantic flop that was reconguista they are playing save with the budget. That's why IBO doesn't sell. The animation and quality is too shitty.

So with G-Reco
>put effort into show
>is critically panned by every single audience group
>doesn't sell any BDs/DVDs or any gunpla
>ends Tomino's career

then IBO
>put no effort into show
>is critically panned by every single audience group
>doesn't sell any BDs/DVDs
>but sells lots of Gunpla

What is Bandai looking to achieve with this?
>>
>>14862683
>IBO
>panned by every single audience group

Man what? Everywhere I go, I see a ton of praise for IBO. /m/ is just full of tryhard contrarians (see reaction to Zeta for the last few years), so of course there's a lot of hate for it here.
>>
File: some chart with sales.png (64KB, 1095x805px) Image search: [Google]
some chart with sales.png
64KB, 1095x805px
>>14862683
>doesn't sell any BDs/DVDs or any gunpla
False
>>14862701
Define "everywhere"
>>
>>14862707
Exodus was the best mecha series in decades
>>
>>14862683
>What is Bandai looking to achieve with this?
see
>>14862683
>>but sells lots of Gunpla
>>
>>14862675
> High ratings for it's 2am timeslot
> Got a review full of praise in one of Japan's largest papers.
> Urobutcher praised the shit out of it.
> Outsold Cross Ange, Aldnoah Zero, and it's later volumes sold more than their IBO counterparts
> Bandai called it a success when announcing IBO.
> Despite this, there was relatively little marketing for it in Japan.

> Guys really, it's a flop.
>>
>>14862835
And still sold worse than IBO
>>
>>14862707
>G-Reco is outselling IBO at any point
This is like freaking witchcraft. How did that happen?

Was late series IBO THAT bad?
>>
>>14862870
and will still get a sequel done by a staff who loves it

gundamfags are the worse
>>
>>14862871
Tominofags bought up as many copies as they could.
>>
>>14862871

IBO isn't that popular in Japan. The guy who was translating the sidestory manga was living in Japan at the time, and in the notes for chapter one he mentions it wasn't "terribly popular".
>>
>>14862875
>and will still get whored out as decreed by the yakuza boss whose pachinko parlor really needs a new machine

You can tell Tow was out of ideas with the baby ending. Bet the reason he beat his wife had to do with her finding out he's a hack.
>>
>>14862869
>Obviously cost loads more to make than IBO due to the huge amount of hand animation
>Still sells less than a show with a much lower production budget
Also try to remember that we're talking about a publicly traded company with shareholders who are going to be pissed if they openly admit anything was a failure from a sales standpoint. The only time they're going to admit anything went wrong is when they announce a company or division wide loss and even then it's out of necessity.

Still, if there's anything that's sure it's that we won't be seeing more shows with production budgets like G-rekt unless there's a wholesale change of management at bandai...
>>
>>14862871
>Was late series IBO THAT bad?
IBO was bad in general, it just took longer for most to come to terms with it
>>
>>14862884
cry more faggot, Fafner franchise is awesome
>>
>>14862893
>21st century
>still festumposting

Are (you) there
>>
FACTS below:
-IBO sucks hard but is selling plastic
-G-Reco was a huge success since Sunrise/Bandai set it to fail since the beginning
-Exodus was an awesome direct sequel, something Sunrise has never achieved and probably never will
>>
>>14862887
Not really. You have to look at the various factors at play here.

1) Budget =/= animation quality. Just because a show has money doesn't mean it will have good animation. Each episode of SEED cost 2.5-3x that of the average show at the time. One Punch Man had a normal budget, but the staff put a lot of care into the work. Tomino is notorious for his standards when it comes to animation, and there were guys who really wanted to work with him on G-Reco.

2) IBO has had a shitload more advertising in Japan. You think it's timeslot comes cheap? It's one of the most expensive ones in Japan. Covering subway stations and cars with IBO ads also takes money.

>>14862891
It's worth noting that the ratings in Japan are equal to the KIO parts of AGE. You know, after the show bottomed out.
>>
>>14862900
>Reco is a success only because the goalpost was moved so low it can't possibly fail
>meanwhile let's keep raising the goalpost for IBO because it has all these implicit standards to meet that Reco was exempted from!

Let's just face it Bamco doesn't want to tarnish Tomino's legacy, that's why they won't come out and admit it was a flop. Better to believe a convenient lie than an inconvenient truth I guess.
>>
>>14862900
Zeta is better than Shitsodus.
>>
>>14862882
>>14862891
Oh thank heavens. The IBO defenders on /m/ and on youtube gave me the impression that it was being enjoyed far more than I thought it should have been.
>>
>>14862911
>staff put a lot of care into the work.
OPM looked like trash though
>>
>>14862916
it isn't as good and not technically a direct sequel, ZZ is a direct sequel to Z
>>
>>14862916
Wrong
>>14862917
It doesn't help that places like MAHQ, ANN, and Anime Suki are okay with banning and restricting people from giving unpopular/"negative" opinions, was Lightning Count banned from Mecha Talk after disagreeing with the hivemind?
>>
>>14862615
Blame Japanese torrentors and streamers.

We have no other choice because shows won't get licensed.
>>
>>14862911
>Budget != Animation quality
I never said that, just that hand animation like the stuff used in G-rekt is really expensive to make. There's really no going around the enormous amount of man hours needed to make a 20-something episode show like G-rekt as animators don't work for free. SEED was so expensive because of the extensive use of expensive VAs and licensed music, nether of which were used in ether G-Rekt or IBO.

Also, you do realize that when anime studios buy time slots, they fully buy them and get the ad space as well? An expensive time slot comes with expensive ad slots to offset the cost.

I know this may be a question of personal pride, but G-rekt did not do particularly well and it's pretty clear that we're not going to see a show like it in some time.
>>
>>14862923
>Muh hive mind

>PEOPLE SHOULD BE GRATEFUL THAT I INVADE EVERY THREAD TO TELL THEM THEY'RE STUPID FUCKS WITH ZERO TASTE FOR LIKING A SHOW I DON'T LIKE, I'M DOING THE WORLD A FAVOR AND NOT ACTING LIKE A COMPLETE ASSHOLE BY BEING THE TASTE POLICE

Yknow, we had a person who got to do what you wish to do without mod intervention.

You know what he did?

He flooded /m/ every day for 2 years running about how much he hated Valvrave, how it should be banned from /m/ and how you're a shit taste liar for not falling lock step with his campaign of hatred.

Quite honestly, the world can do with less of those types, so to you I say "cry more, faggot."
>>
>>14862953
cool mouth, does it talk with dialogue?
>>
>>14862962
Become a flower!
>>
>>14862953
liking a bad show is fine, saying it's good is different

writing/directing/art design/choreography/budget/etc can all be objectively mensured
>>
File: cut the iron.png (36KB, 650x700px) Image search: [Google]
cut the iron.png
36KB, 650x700px
have our sempais at futaba heard our proses?
>>
File: 1474378695436.gif (2MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1474378695436.gif
2MB, 300x169px
>>14862967
>writing/directing/art design/choreography/budget/etc can all be objectively mensured
>>
>>14862972
yes, you have bad taste anon
>>
File: 2chan chime.png (33KB, 654x497px) Image search: [Google]
2chan chime.png
33KB, 654x497px
>>14862971
I like the classic
>>
>>14862975
Irrelevant.
Stick to the topic at hand instead of trying cheap bait, you only get so many (you)s doing this.
>>
File: horror of barbatos.png (445KB, 900x1296px) Image search: [Google]
horror of barbatos.png
445KB, 900x1296px
>Where there is treasure, crap rules and trash reigns
>Yet by the blade of autism, nerdom was given hope
>SLASH
>>
File: 1472704470554.jpg (68KB, 612x610px)
1472704470554.jpg
68KB, 612x610px
>>14862967
>writing/directing/art design/choreography/budget/etc can all be objectively mensured
>>
>>14862987
you have shit taste, anon

it's fine just don't try to defend it
>>
>>14862971
>>14862976
>>14862982
Can a Japanese anon give this to 2chan?
>>
>>14862994
Stop replying to yourself
>>
>>14862992
I don't like Zeta much either, but my taste doesn't make what you said any less retarded.
>>
>>14863000
are you saying high/low budgets, good/bad pace, idle mooks shooting/mooks actually put up a fight, etc. don't exist?
>>
>>14862913
>>14862939
I knew right!? How dare them to trust a professional who knows their market and numbers more than some anon on the internet who speak out of their ass.
>>
>>14862998
talk abut a cherry ice cream mouth
>>
we need better songs
>>
>>14863008
Evidently not since everyone has a vary opinion on each series regardless of budget/pacing.

Someone might enjoy a slow-burning show as opposed to one that is moderately paced or is rushing through itself, what you consider a perfect pace isn't what everyone else considers a perfect pace, even on a show to show basis.
Budget doesn't even necessarily matter either. A series with better animation isn't necessarily better than a series with very strong visual direction- it's just a matter of preference.

That's why what you said was retarded, anon.
>>
>>14863040
good pace is writing 101, again you enjoying bad things is fine
>>
>>14863038
Sounds the gong!

This flaming rage is scorching in our stomachs...
So as we depart for war we must join hands and forge a vow...
Taking off into the night sky before the dawn rises...
So please remember our legacy on the Earth!
Remember the good! Do not expose weakness!
WE GOT THE POWER OF LOVE! Into the bright future!
Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! The bells tolm!
Run into this fight, oh fated geeks!
With your autism strike down this fail!
Oh minds of steel who dream of glory!
Believe in your passion and the bright tomorrow you must set!
Today! Today!
>>
>>14862887
>>Obviously cost loads more to make than IBO due to the huge amount of hand animation
>>Still sells less than a show with a much lower production budget
Not necessarily.

Remember, G-Reco probably saved tons of money by

1) Hiring fresh talent for voice actors who did a decent job all in all. Most studios cast expensive industry veterans for their main cast and it costs a lot. Animators are dime a dozen in comparison
2) Very few licensed Jpop and maybe like one insert song I can recall. Other animes license songs from popular bands as a selling point and again, it's not cheap. Case in point for points 1 and 2, Gundam SEED Destiny, which spent all its money on insert songs, pop song OP and ED from popular bands, and known VAs.

G-Reco was expected to a non-hit, more of an ego piece for Bandai and Tomino. Instead it had some popularity, but by the time Bandai realized this the show had already passed, at which point it's pointless to try and peddle new merch given it was a 2-cour seasonal anime that'd soon be replaced by the next one.
>>
>>14862600
While mecha anime is becoming more niche at times, it's not quite dying. There are plenty of factors contributing to the dropping of numbers these recent years.

First is the saturation of anime. More and more anime is being made nowadays compared to SEED's time, each one hoping to be the next big thing with nerds. It's a more competitive time for the industry, and why volume one extras are such a big thing to give shows an edge.

Just look at the various averages of other shows recently.

Second, Japan's economy isn't in the best shape. Hasn't been for a long time, and in August it was reported it was barely growing. Hell, Yakuza have been required to do exams in order to weed out liabilites within the organizations for the last couple of years. It's been noted that DVD/BD sales are down all around.

Finally people are getting sick of the whole volumes thing. It's a holdover from the days of VHS, but Japanese companies are notoriously resistant to change. If you want the whole series it's a pretty major commitment that OVAs don't have as much of a problem with due to their shorter length/greater production time. This issue is why we are seeing smaller shows more now and Streaming, while not as widespread as in the West, is still growing.
>>
>>14862707
>Valvrave and Cross Ange are down there
cool
>Fafner sells as well as series with lots of money behind them
cool
>>
>>14863049
>good pace is writing 101
No it isn't.
>>
>>14863051
You can do better....

I don't need consensus.
Mere talk is useless.
We'll take back our mecha and bots.
Twisted by iron and blood nearing orphaning!
The end of this is unknown to us!
Hey! Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa!
CYBER OTAKU FIGHTING TONIGHT!
Just smashing down boredom with thunderous fire!
ROLING THE SHOW TIME! HERE IS THE SITUATION!
Tomorrow is uncertain.
All we can do is keep fighting.
LOVE DEFEAT THEM ALL!
This rage is pumping in my vains!
FLY INTO THE STORMY SKY I HAVE A ROLLING MIND!
LOVE DEFEAT THEM ALL!
Until our genre falls...
SOMEBODY GIVE US A VOICE!
>>
>>14863086
>Yakuza numbers
>meaning anything

It still sold worse than IBO.
>>
>>14863095
IBO only had 9 DVDs, Fafner had 12, Fafner actually sold more total than IBO.

It doesn't even matter though, since I guarantee they didn't throw as much money at Fafner yet it was a good show and sold well. So hopefully that means that we keep getting good new shows and not only cash cows.
>>
>>14863120
Exodus ended with a setup for a sequel so it will happen eventually
>>
>>14862600
Streaming is becoming super popular in Japan, and ratings numbers don't take it into account.

Just like in America.
>>
>>14863077

>G-Reco
>fresh talent

Near as I can recall, the only 'fresh' VA was Bellri's. Everyone else of note has been in the industry for at least five years, using Klim's VA as a metric.
>>
I'm looking forward to January.
>>
We need a Gunleon knockoff theme

/m/ /m/ anon /m/ anon
/m/ /m/ anon /m/ anon
/m/ /m/ anon....
>>
>>14862871
This chart takes numbers straight from someanithing's site which takes them from oricon. All G-reco and few early IBO volumes use extended oricon rankings. Later IBO volumes are without extended rankings. So it's not entirely correct comparison.
>>
>>14862923
Wait are you Duel-something? You got banned from Animesuki as you were a troll and a bad debater. You weren't banned because of negative opinion. I don't know why you were banned in Mecha Talk but if you pulled the same shit there well it is understandable. Heck you even put it in your signature.
>>
>>14863311
Is the 'land crasher' bit now SHIT POSTER?
>>
>>14864428
I read his posts there, that wasn't trolling. Plus the admins flat out admit sometimes they don't bother to look at content. AS isn't a great place all things considered
>>
>>14864428
Nope, but thanks for making yourself known, Ozy.
>>
>>14863088
in hindsight this wasn't a good idea
>>
>>14864428
>troll
That word has lost all meaning, anyone can be classified as a troll just for triggering someone, go back to tumblr.
>>
>>14864428
>defending AS
>>
This thread is fucking pathetic. It went from people shitting on shows they don't like for somewhat good reasons to a circlejerk about trolling 12 year olds in some cringey anime forums.

/m/ just stop please
>>
>>14864615
So what are you going to do about it? No really, /m/ doesn't like these places that push us around, what are you going to do about it?
>>
>>14864632
Nothing.

/m/ is full of numale cuckolds.
>>
>>14864632

You don't speak for the entirety of /m/. I don't personally participate in animesuki discussions and don't see why any of you would waste your time trolling there.

If you don't like those other fora, the solution is not to troll people there, just simply don't go there.
>>
>>14864654
What are you going to do about animesuki, MAL, mecha Talk and leddit people coming here though?
>>
>>14864654
Nobody is trolling ya dingus, least of all me.
>>
>>14864668
Talk to them, and if needed engage them in debate. It's a no-brainer.
>>
>>14864765
So nothing?
>>
>>14864797
Don't shit up their place, act with dignity when they come to visit. If their reasons for liking the show are that shallow or ill-informed, they won't stand a chance. It could make for some solid debate if it goes the other way.
>>
>>14864845
They come here to spread their own shit, they are not here to act nice or debate.
>>
>>14864849
Then be the bigger person. Make them look like the immature ones.
>>
>>14864880
They don't care if they look immature, holy shit, they are from Animesuki, MAL, Mecha Talk and leddit.

Some are kids.
>>
>>14864883
Then compile screenshots and use them to fight back.
>>
>>14864891
How do you fight back?
>>
G-Reco and IBO are like Capitalism vs. Communism on /m/.

Rampant paranoia and everything.
>>
>>14865004
and I wish you'd stop spamming in every thread as if your new made up nickname actually triggered people. It's a cute attempt, but a bit too underage for me.
>>
>>14865037
Cool mouth, does it talk with dialogue?
>>
>>14865040
>Actually thinking anyone would do anything except laugh at your attempt to trigger people by spamming your new "iron menstruation" nickname in every first page thread on /m/
Nice going famfam, you can now head back to /a/
>>
>>14865040
What does that even mean?
>>
>>14862918
>I am a fucking retard
please just go back to /a/
>>
>>14865278
he's right though
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.