[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-email s/emailid/12127 Should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/12127

Should we be ready to build giant robots for this?
>>
itstimeforanotherangrypoliticaldiscussionon/m/.jpg

Looking at the email, it seems kind of kooky (sent "on behalf" of an astronaut rather than from an astronaut himself), but I do wonder what that "zero point energy" stuff is. And I've heard that Catholics actually have some theology relating to aliens or something like that. I think in the Ender's Game sequels, the Catholic Church gave some thought to sending missionaries out to the piggie aliens.
>>
>KremlinLeaks
>Gunlord already in thread

Can't we discuss something more interesting?

Like the DDOS attack that apparently everyone but me has been experiencing?
>>
>>14861915
Is that a Graze?

I fucking knew it, the Clintons did IBO.
>>
>>14861946
I haven't noticed a DDOS attack either, actually. Have other people been complaining about one?
>>
>>14861963
It made it to national news.

A company providing DNS service to stuff ranging from Netflix to reddit to PayPal was hit by a botnet where some noninsignificant number of devices involved were Internet-of-Things appliances you might use around your house. The idea of charging up the ion cannons against a DNS isn't exactly a new thought, anyone who has taken a Networks course inevitably wonders what happens when you shut down all the DNS servers (it makes using the Internet kinda near impossible, long story short), but harnessing IOT devices highlights a security concern regarding how much easier it is to amass a large network of devices to DDOS, where normally you'd need either other people working with you in a coordinated effort or a botnet of zombified computers infected with malware.
>>
>>14861981
Oh shit, that sounds serious. I checked my Paypal earlier today and it seemed fine, so I hope that internet of things DDoS has blown over by now. But judging from what you've said, it seems like the whole 'internet of things' idea brings along a lot of problems and security concerns as well as its promise of convenience.
>>
>>14861988
Well if you know your LOIC-fu from way back, DDOS is essentially a bunch of shitters getting together to overwork a server with requests such that it can't get around to serving the requests of legit users. Since we now have all kinds of devices that connect to the internet, we can do that spam tactic without having to involve as many fleshbags (or their computers).

Now factor in those other fleshbags, their computers, and maybe even their own IOT devices, and your ability to DDOS begins to rapidly outpace what it'd look like back in the IMA FIRIN MAH LAZER age.

The DNS part is largely because, while normally designed in a distributed fashion to better service large request volumes, the role of a DNS is to connect people to websites when all that is known is the web address and not the IP. https://howdns.works is a nice summary of the process.

If you choke up a DNS server, it makes it impossible to resolve a HTTP address to its IP equivalent. If you don't know the IP, you can't go to your desired website. DNS is in a sense the point of failure for the Internet as a whole, and if you can get to the point where DDOSing a DNS is viable, you have entered the realm of "I can kill the internet for realsies."

And that is both scary and actually really cool.
>>
The funniest part of the email is that it implies there's a Catholic Air Force.
>>
>>14861915

>that leak
>Vatican astronomers
>communicating with ETI:s
>Zero energy
>tau particles

I...what?

This is exactly like in my animes.
>>
>>14861981

>false-flagging MUH Russian cyber-attack
>more interesting

I think Vatican fighting aliens are more interesting than that.
>>
>>14862036

Honestly, it sounds so absurd that I suspect that someone planted it in the wikileak for the lulz.
>>
>>14861931
>I do wonder what that "zero point energy" stuff is
Zero-point energy is the energy of the ground state of a quantum system. It's essentially useless for power generation, but is a favourite for conspiracy wonks because the idea of "energy at zero" or "energy of the vacuum" is unintuitive.
>>
>>14862036
You, sir, must have not studied computers at uni.

Unlike KremlinLeaks where "RUSSIA DID IT" is a narrative almost tailor made for it, even the most coordinated DDOS attack is at best petty Internet vandalism that even joe blow techbane from rural Crackerville can contribute to.

But the fact that joe blow can get to that point where before you needed coconspirators or unwitting pawns under your control? That's the interesting part.

KremlinLeaks is just nuggets of selective and inconvenient half-truths buried under garbage and gossip, even back when it was considered "legit," or at least more legit than it is now. It's just Assange jerking off to his own ego while the FSB uses his website as their personal gloryhole.
>>
>>14861931
>Looking at the email, it seems kind of kooky (sent "on behalf" of an astronaut rather than from an astronaut himself),
If you know who that astronaut is, there's little reason why it wouldn't actually be sent on his behalf. Edgar Mitchell was a full blown new age pseudoscience UFO nut. Convinced there was a huge goverment coverup despite the fact he saw zero evidence ever during his time at NASA. Or even saw a UFO for that matter.
>>
>>14862074

>You, sir, must have not studied computers at uni.

How about working in the industry for almost a decade? And honestly I don't even get your ramblings about the DDoS. Are trying to say it looks like it's from a state agent or not.

>KremlinLeaks is just nuggets of selective and inconvenient half-truths buried under garbage and gossip

Wikileaks just post what they get, even if the source were Russian. They could be selective, but it doesn't mean what they publish are false.
>>
>>14862036
Quite frankly anyone with the resources to just get a lot of bots to send at the DNS could do this.
>>
>>14862013
Vatican is its own country sure but i figure Italy would defend that patch of sky
>>
>>14862006
fuckek, imagine that there are plebs who don't use bitDomain in this thread RIGHT NOW.

Seriously, centralized DNS is only one of many ways to access the internet. You can decentralize by making smart usage of your host file or address systems like Bitdomain that don't necessarily rely on a single DNS server. If DNS goes down, it'll logistically destroy the internet, because most users don't know any other ways.

You don't want to be one of those people; you never want to be the one chump who can't get online. Protect yourself.

Also: LOIC and HOIC are literal malware. Download only if you enjoy being used as an accessory to teenaged "baby's first cyber crimes".
>>
>>14862106
I'm saying that a large scale DDOS, regardless of the identity and agenda of the attacking party, is more interesting than anything WikiLeaks related.
>>
>>14861915
So what happens if we meet an extraterrestrial race and they're intelligent and can communicate with us fine, but are also ISIS tier crazy cultists?
>>
>>14862144
>using buttcoin technologies
We should just develop AI to sift through server queries and drop the ones it can infer to be garbage.
>>
>>14862162
The answer seems pretty self-evident.
>>
>>14861963
Yesterday twitter was timing out.
>>
>>14861988
>the whole 'internet of things' idea brings along a lot of problems and security concerns as well as its promise of convenience.
Oh, man, you should star reading some of Matthew Garrett's post on the subject. They are so interesting.

https://mjg59.dreamwidth.org/45098.html
https://mjg59.dreamwidth.org/43722.html
https://mjg59.dreamwidth.org/43486.html
https://mjg59.dreamwidth.org/40505.html
>>
>>14862162

convert or die
>>
>>14862036
>Vatican fighting aliens
anime when?
>>14861915
Also why? According to this the ayys are helping humans with the energy thing
>>
>>14862034
Who knew Evangelion was actually expose?
>>
>>14862155
Thank you for Correcting the Record.
>>
>>14861946
How much are they paying you?
>>
File: 1429500906192.jpg (65KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1429500906192.jpg
65KB, 500x333px
>>14862036
>tfw the Vatican's archives are really for hiding Gundams.
>one of them is probably named Gundam Savior
>>
File: gendo.jpg (36KB, 346x327px) Image search: [Google]
gendo.jpg
36KB, 346x327px
As foretold in the dead sea scrolls
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.