[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Full Metal Panic! IV to be produced by XEBEC. https://twitt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: fmp.jpg (344KB, 1000x1076px) Image search: [Google]
fmp.jpg
344KB, 1000x1076px
Full Metal Panic! IV to be produced by XEBEC.

https://twitter.com/xebec_info/status/789701366725812224
>>
Yeah, Xebec with that staff list will do fine, pretty happy with that choice.

I guess it's news that they're skipping one of the novels as far as the new anime goes but it's the one that makes sense to skip
>>
>>14860845
I don't know what this means.
How's the track record for XEBEC?
>>
>>14860882
They have worked on Negima, Zoids, Fafner, Dai-Guard, Nadesico, Flower of Rinne and Yamato 2199 among others

Pretty decent
>>
File: CvWJfSZUAAAsp3s.jpg (256KB, 850x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CvWJfSZUAAAsp3s.jpg
256KB, 850x1200px
>>14860845
Maybe try to post EVERYTHING?
>>
File: ArgevollenAction1.webm (3MB, 832x468px) Image search: [Google]
ArgevollenAction1.webm
3MB, 832x468px
>>14860890
Let's not forget Break Blade (in conjunction with IG), Argevollen, Heroic Age, Rockman.EXE, and others.

Their track record for mecha is very solid.

And on the animation side, if we're lucky, we get 2D mecha. If we're slightly less lucky, they hire Orange to do the mecha like they did for Fafner. Worst case scenario we get the Argevollen team, who did a pretty decent job in that show.
>>
>>14860890

Huh, for some reason I didn't know they did Negima.

Either way XEBEC has generally had a solid record and I've enjoyed most of their productions.
>>
>>14860932
Xebec did the first Negima adaption, when the manga itself was still only in the very early stages. I don't think it had even gone full shounen yet, so it was harem Negima era.

It was done by a sub-studio (Xebec M2 if I remember right) and had a pretty shaky production. Combine that with an anime-original ending which was pretty ill conceived - the final episode opens with all the characters miserable and crying at a funeral, after Asuna literally dropped dead the previous episode - so it's generally just not remembered, or remembered positively.
>>
From Gonzo to Kyoani to Xebec.
How many more studios will be needed to reach the end of the story?
>>
>>14860959

Well we never let Madhouse have a crack at it
>>
>>14860959
Sunrise hopefully.
>>
「フルメタル・パニック! IV」2017年秋 放送決定
シリーズ構成・全話脚本:賀東招二
キャラクターデザイン・総作画監督:堀内修
作画監督:山本彩
銃器デザイン:吉岡毅
メカニックデザイン:海老原兼武・渭原敏明
監督:中山勝一
アニメーション制作:XEBEC

Series composition and scripts for all episodes by Gato himself.

Horiuchi handling not just character designs but also going to be sakuga director.

Director is Nakayama Katsuichi whose most notable directorial job is this year's Planetarian.
>>
>>14860849
It's not Dancing Very Merry Christmas is it?
>>
>>14860931
The author said he managed to guarantee hand drawn. Digital, but CG has still been ruled out for the robots.
>>
>>14860971
If we did, S4 wouldn't be happening.
>>
>>14861160

It is, yeah. They're only doing a drama cd for that.
>>
File: 1448053058401.jpg (66KB, 605x529px) Image search: [Google]
1448053058401.jpg
66KB, 605x529px
>>14860905
>metal build Arbalest
The time has come, it shall be my crowning jewel.Laevatein is cool and all, but this is the OG pussy destroyer

>>14861165
W-will it at least get dubbed?
>>
Based Xebec they are on a roll lately
>>
>>14860931
>wanting Orange to animate Arm Slaves

Gross
>>
>>14861695
FMP is reaching the point where everything is pure Lambda nonsense.
>>
>>14861695
Orange is god
>>
>>14861715
Something something sky boxes something something spin
>>
>>14861724
>/m/ - spin 2 win
>>
they are starting with Continuing on my own, so it's going to be action packed: Sousuke VS Leonard in Japan and Mithril VS Behemoths on the island

Then it's Burning One Force Man with AS doing gladiator combat, can't wait for Savage VS M9

I wonder if it will be enough to cover until the last novel
>>
>>14861738
>Behemoths
>plural
I guess I should go read the manga
>>
>>14861749
Yeah, I think there's like three of them.
>>
>>14861172
I don't think there's EVER been a dubbed Drama CD. At best you'll get a fan translated script.
>>
>>14860845
>Xebec

That's actually a good choice. They can do mecha, and harem/fanservice/sliceoflive/etc shenanigans.
>>
>>14861864
There's no more light hearted romance/slice of life to adapt out of this though. All the story going forward is serious mecha action and military intrigue.
>>
File: 1469408216383.jpg (39KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1469408216383.jpg
39KB, 500x281px
>>14860845
>XEBEC
That's quite the downgrade from KyoAni. Most of their good works were done with assistance from another studio or were passion projects.
>>
>more garbage that will create even more cancer on /m/
Nice
>>
>>14860845
>XEBEC
This means we won't be getting another Fafner because of this. Fuck you!
>>
>>14861887
It was already confirmed over.
>>
>>14861887
We've got four or five more years until another Fafner, anon.
It's all good.
>>
>>14861715
>Orange is godawful
Fixed
>>
>>14861922
I suppose there's no accounting for taste.
>>
>>14861846
It's funny how in the early chapters of FMP there was only one Behemoth and it's supposed to be this special one of a kind monstrosity, and engaging multiple units of them in the future was supposed to be breath taking.

Then in games like SRW they show up in packs as the "beefed up grunt of this series" piloted by no name grunts.
>>
>>14862111
I guess it's because the half-working Behemoth shows up and gets taken down so early on?
>>
>>14862111
>Then in games like SRW they show up in packs as the "beefed up grunt of this series" piloted by no name grunts.

That's literally what happens by the end of the series where Sousuke is just oneshotting them along the way, though.

But yeah, three COMPLETED ones showing up on the initial assault on the island was supposed to be a "holy shit" moment but SRW fucked that up because "hurrrr only anime mechs allowed so here's the shitty incomplete version with only a stick for a weapon mass produced".
>>
>>14862111
in Another there's a Behemoth based unit that can stand without Lamda Drive
>>
>>14862147
Another is garbage fanfiction written by a high schooler.
>>
>>14862153
it will get animated eventually and you will watch it anyway
>>
>>14862158
And I'll complain about it the whole time!
>>
>>14862158
>and you will watch it anyway
Don't be so sure.
>>
>>14861876
What do you think this is to them?
>>
>>14862135
>"hurrrr only anime mechs allowed so here's the shitty incomplete version with only a stick for a weapon mass produced"

Anime-only mechs isn't an issue (Laevatein, Belial, Crossbow). It's just that they were looking for every reason to recycle sprites and animations, considering that they already had a Behomoth sprite already done.

They still completely fucked up the FMP novels in Tengoku, though, so don't get me wrong.
>>
I wonder if the Eligors will be just recolors of the red Venom
>>
>>14860845
>implying the very first second of the show won't be the arbalest jobbing so they don't have to bother animating it ever again
>>
>>14861887
The Fafner staff isn't on this project, plus they're announcing something on christmas, they've probably started on the next project
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.