[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What caused the decline and corruption of the Earth Federation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg (64KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg
64KB, 600x800px
What caused the decline and corruption of the Earth Federation? By Gundam F91, it seems like that the government has become useless, and the high command have become fucking pansies that run away once trouble starts. Not only that, but the military seems to have gotten a lot crueler and disregard citizen casualties and even try to use them as meat shields.
>>
>>14850875
The same thing that happened to Rome--it was barbarized.

Only instead of hairy Teutons the Federation was destroyed by from within by filthy spacenoid conscripts that reproduced like plague rats inside their floating space ghettos.
>>
>>14850875
it was already in a state of decline at the start of First
direct democracy gave them horrible ideas like capitals in loopooland and HUEHUEHUE and had been slowly running everything into shit
>>
File: Zeek in the nutshell - 2.png (454KB, 544x960px) Image search: [Google]
Zeek in the nutshell - 2.png
454KB, 544x960px
>>14850875
spacenoids keep declare war again & again, not to mention countless guerrilla warfare by them.

spacenoid zeeks never win a single war by themselves, but for sure it did crippled or even mindfucked EF with their constant war declaration.
>>
>>14850940
Fuck off, /pol/
>>
>>14850875
The government was already all of those things in ZZ.

On to the question, it's a really tough one to answer, mostly because they've already been shitty and incompetent since 0079, and their continued degradation is just that, continued. Continued from something before 0079 that we know nothing about
>>
>>14850875
Watching Gundam Unicorn should give you the basic idea
>>
>>14850875
When I first watched F91, I got the impression that the Earth Federation had seen relative peace ever since the effective end of Zeon during CCA. Partially because nobody brought any previous wars up, and partially because Newtypes, and the Gundam itself, had become something of a forgotten legend to F91's characters.

I figured that was why the EFSF seemed so inept and careless in F91. They'd forgotten the urgency of and need for war. Peace made them soft. And politically speaking, without a major astropolitical rival like Zeon, there was nothing for the Federation government to have to compete with. They could be as inept and corrupt as they wanted, and the people would have no real alternative.

Before the production of F91, Tomino gave us to other looks at the post-Zeon Universal Century, Gaia Gear and Hathaway's Flash. I've listened to 80% of the GG radio drama, and haven't read HF. GG and HF seem to be in continuity with each other, with HF portraying the seeds of MaHA, since "man-hunting" is a big deal. Tomino probably left GG's continuity behind when he made F91 and then Victory, but GG might still tell us about his general attitude towards the Late UC EF anyway.

In the radio drama, the EF is once again weak and lazy. There doesn't seem to be much talk of conflict between CCA and UC 0205. The villain blames the Federation's weakness on space, pointing out that everything is controlled in a space colony, like the weather. Earth looks stable, but it's brittle. I think GG reinforces my "peace breeds softness" idea.

I'm betting that HF can give us a clue to the EF's decline. What was Mufti opposing? Maybe whatever it was was a crossroads of history. Maybe the EF wouldn't have declined if it hadn't passed that law. The Wikis just say something about "a provision which would strengthen the Federation's already considerable powers." Perhaps that overreach in UC 0105 set them on a path to decline which they couldn't escape.
>>
>>14850875
it's run by whites
>>
>>14850875
Countless war and new rebel popping out like mushroom will eventually destroyed a very strong industrial state easy.

Beside they finally get their shit together by V. Knowing they will eventually died out but rather curled up and die they dediced to tear Zanscare Empire a new asshole and fuck it with a rusty dildo
>>
>>14851618
Make quite sense if you consider G-Reco is after Turn A

Peace made us weak and feeble. Peace turn us into a herbivore culture where this no danger and the need to survive gone.

One of the reason Colonel Cumpa started his ruse. He believe if humanity embraces war once again, we will become human once again
>>
>>14850875

The Gryps Conflict and subsequent Neo Zeon wars was a huge blow financially. Corruption also grew within the Federation, and by F91 and Victory Gundam, people started believing in them less and less. They saw the Federation as a league of oldtype bureaucrats. This was why Char and others fought the Federation, because they refused to change and adapt to the changing world around them. With each new uprising, people began accepting the space factions more and more. When the Crossbone Vanguard started invading colonies, the UC mainstream media said that it was no big deal and will just fizzle out. People began looking to the colonies for fresh new leadership.
>>
File: anti-frank.png (1MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
anti-frank.png
1MB, 960x720px
>>14851512
Bad answer. F91 and Victory were both made long before Unicorn was conceived, so we should look to those and what had been released before to figure out why the staff portrayed the EF the way they did back in F91 and Victory.

>>14851632
Damn Tuareg separatists! I Googled "gundam tuareg" to find a picture of the Blue Team. Apparently there's a mosque-filled town called Gundam near Timbuktu. Someone should show them the African arcs in Zeta and ZZ, maybe they'll build a robot statue.

>>14851637
But OP asked why they were as corrupt as they were by the time of F91. I don't think there were any major wars between CCA and F91 (until Unicorn and its derivatives came out, but those all seem to have ended by UC 0096 or a few years after). There was Mars Zeon, but they were a fly to swat away. Same with Mufti, it sounds like. There was a Zeon remnant in Silhouette Formula, but they just wanted to hide away in peace. Then there was Moon Crisis, but that's in its own separate continuity.
>>
>>14850875
The frontier colonies in F91 are basically out in the sticks in terms of colonies. It's why they're still using older Jegans as the bulk of their ms forces with only a handful of newer heavyguns and the like.

I would imagine they shuffled a lot of their inept and I incompetant forces out there to get them out of the way.
>>
>>14850875
At least for F91, it can be blamed on the Frontier colonies that Cosmo Babylonia invaded being so far out of the way the Federation just didn't care. Doesn't explain why they took so long to respond in Victory though.
>>
>>14851639
I disagree, I was only talking about the specific circumstance of the Earth Federation, where peace went hand-in-hand with uncontested authority. The peace in Turn A worked pretty well for both Earth and the Moonrace. The only reason it devolved into war so quickly was because humanity had forgotten the lessons of history. It's reasonable to think the post-Turn A era was something of a pastoral golden age, with peace and the Dark History revealed.

If G-Reco occurs after Turn A, we might expect that something horrible happened, to trigger the invention of the Ag-Tech taboo. (Maybe Guin tried to kickstart and industrial revolution outside of Ameria.) It's hard to decide if the "collapse of the Universal Century" they talk about refers to the UC we know, or the Dark History, or some collapse after the end of Turn A. If the first or second possibility, where were the Kuntala during Turn A? Some Earth land other than Ameria? Correct Century India, maybe? Did they remember the cannibalism even though so many other cultures forgot about the specifics of the Dark History?

But I kind of think that G-Reco had always been intended to occur after Victory/Gaia Gear/G-Saviour and before the Moonlight Butterfly and Turn A, and Tomino said otherwise just to be provocative.
>>
>>14851663
In Victory the EF is in extreme economic trouble. If they declared and committed to a war with zanscar they would collapse financially so they left each space colony to defend itself and secretly supplied militia groups with things like contacts, transport, etc without directly providing money or weapons while they worked on their money issues. Towards the end of the series they've fixed themselves up enough to fully engage in the war.

Essentially, by victory the EF is in extreme decline with more power shifted to the colonies and no serious threat to fight for years until zanscar formed.
>>
The EF was getting its shit pushed in plenty of times and was only saved because of Deus Ex Machina like Psychoframe or lol Glemy Toto's rebellion.

They are absolutely shit and Tomino only made them better by writing their opponents worse.

But Tomino cannot run away from the truth, the EF is obsolete the moment the colonies are finished, it's only held together by the sheer will of Tomino's shitty writings.
>>
Reminder thatuso could've gassed zanscare back to the stone age TWICE AND DIDN'T DO IT
>>
>>14851765
Usso is a honorable man, but so is a lot of Zanscare.
>>
>>14851739
Axis never would've attained power if the AEUG and the Titans hadn't both vied for an alliance with them, and the Federation hadn't given them Side 3. So Tomino's shitty writings prop up both the Federation and the Neo Zeon movements.

As for Toto's rebellion, we can't know for sure that the Federation would've lost a head-on battle with Haman's Neo Zeon. It just would've been a lot more costly to the Federation, in terms of lives and ships lost.

>>14851810
Friends, Feddies, countrymen, lend me your ears;
>>
>>14851827
Char's plan of dropping the Axis onto Earth and completely decimating the Earth would have been successful if not for psychoframe.
>>
>>14851856
What's your point? However corrupt the EF was at the time of CCA, it's clearly in a different, much weaker state in F91, Crossbone, and Victory, and that's what OP wanted us to explain.

It had already been established that Newtype powers could achieve "miracles". The White Base crew escaping A Baoa Qu, Kamille defeating Scirocco (and Yazan?) by summoning Newtype ghosts. It was appropriate to place the protagonists under insurmountable odds, and then save the day with a hope-fueled miracle. It's a little schmaltzy, but it's still good storytelling. Next you'll tell me that Giygas should've obliterated the Chosen Four and plunged the universe into chaos.

If you're saying "the EF only won because Tomino rescued them through convoluted writing", like >>14851739 does, well, Char would never have gotten as far as he did with Axis if Tomino didn't write the EF to be unrealistically incompetent, giving Char a giant space rock after he just successfully hurled one to Earth. If you can't credit the EF with defeating Haman's Neo Zeon because of the stupidity of the Toto rebellion, then you can't credit Char with almost defeating the EF because of the stupidity of the deal struck at... Londenion, I think.
>>
File: 1444714588806.jpg (308KB, 1205x1032px) Image search: [Google]
1444714588806.jpg
308KB, 1205x1032px
>>14853234
>>
>>14851653
Are the Heavyguns supposed to be better than the Jegans? There was a conversation in the movie where a pilot is asked why he was using the Heavygun and he said there just weren't enough Jegans, so it seems like pilots prefer the Jegan over the Heavygun.
>>
>>14853587
Not sure what you mean to say with that pic. Unless you clarify it, I'm just going to assume you agree with me.
>>
>>14854038
Madara was so stupidly overpowered that it was impossible for the heroes to beat him without a bunch of powerups Kishimoto completely pulled out of his ass. It was incredibly retarded and Naruto is regularly considered to be one of the worst manga to reach a state of great popularity. Not only was it schmaltzy, it was terrible storytelling. Deus ex machinas are blind optimism based completely outside reality and make for uninspiring fiction. With that said, the Axis Shock wasn't so much a miracle as a plot device as it was a dramatized visualization of Amuro's influence. All the grunts who helped Amuro fight Axis are the important part of the scene.
>>
File: effkyujuichi-01.jpg (1MB, 3025x2144px) Image search: [Google]
effkyujuichi-01.jpg
1MB, 3025x2144px
>>14853681
Heavyguns are supposed to be newer and better, especially for mobility. I can see pilots preferring the old and proven, though. Jegans having been around for that long, pilots are probably used to them and were trained on them.
>>
File: Ms-06ms.jpg (22KB, 260x340px) Image search: [Google]
Ms-06ms.jpg
22KB, 260x340px
>>
>>14851667
No

Moonlight occurs first. Its pretty clear
>>
>>14853234
My point is the EF only gets so far because it is shitty writing, just that Zeon faces even shittier writing and some downright deus ex machina shit.
>>
>>14855057
It is a miracle, none of the grunts matter jackshit and only Amuro was pushing it at the end.

If Axis landed, the EF would be fucked.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.