[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Movie fans pay respects on the 12-year memorial service of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1GhaglBh9fGDJ9RkvfFKHNJwGZy.jpg (872KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1GhaglBh9fGDJ9RkvfFKHNJwGZy.jpg
872KB, 1280x1920px
http://en.rocketnews24.com/2016/10/11/movie-fans-pay-respects-on-the-12-year-memorial-service-of-the-live-action-devilman-film/

I wasn't a Devilman fan back in 2004, and I'm glad I wasn't. This movie would have probably scarred me forever. Hopefully Nagai got over it by now and is willing to trust people again to do the manga justice.
>>
>>14850556
Oh, and the director died the following year, after fans wished him dead.
>>
>>14850556
>Of course hoping for industry improvements hasn’t worked as bad live-action films based on manga and anime have been regularly spat out by Japanese studios, but Devilman a special low point. Anytime the stench of a terrible adaptation crosses our noses, you can always count on someone online giving it the dubious honor of “it’s still better than Devilman.”

ouch
>>
File: fat black man gets shot.webm (1011KB, 444x330px) Image search: [Google]
fat black man gets shot.webm
1011KB, 444x330px
Is it that bad?
>>
>>14852754
eat shit xpearse
>>
It is not any worse than a typical Go Nagai manga. The funny thing is if Go Nagai made a manga that was exactly the same as the Devilman movie, his army of dickriders would call it a work of genius. The backlash against the movie just shows how much higher the standards for movies are and manga is the only medium where Go Nagai's shit writing is accepted. It is to accept that liking Go Nagai is and has always been just an ironic meme.
>>
File: 1476336871432.jpg (501KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1476336871432.jpg
501KB, 960x1280px
>>14852813
>muh hateboner
Hi, babyman. Grow up.

>>14852839
Except the movie doesn't even adapt it right or do justice to the manga.
>>
>>14852839
>Pablo: the post
>>
It was bad because the actors, the cgi were bad. Ironic that the only good thing about this movie was the ending which they got right by adapting the manga.
>>
>>14852839
>sirene fully clothed
>completely different
I know you're a spic but the movie had no trace of any of Nagai. The plot is even different.
>>
One of the best scene in the manga was the hippies. It's completely left out. It's beyond awful. It's a mystery why anno was left out of it. Honey wasn't his style and he would have made a pretty good Devilman movie. Maybe he saw who were they casting. They basically took boy models and then wonder why everyone thought the acting was atrocious. They never acted before.
>>
>>14852839
By your logic, Tomino is even worse because G Savior exists.
>>
>>14852926
>wonder why everyone thought the acting was atrocious
Average Japanese acting is not very good, anyway.
>>
Reminder that Noboru Iguchi has been making nothing but Go Nagai-style movies for a while now.

>>14852926
The Hippies were way too sixties though. Today they'd probably have to rip off the techno party scene in Blade 1 or something.
>>
>>14853393
This is different.

They didn't even get Japanese actors. They got MODELS.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.