[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zeta Gundam fucked up newtypes. It completely failed to capitalize

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: 20160930_094830.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160930_094830.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Zeta Gundam fucked up newtypes. It completely failed to capitalize on spiritual aspect
>>
File: 73.jpg (124KB, 640x402px) Image search: [Google]
73.jpg
124KB, 640x402px
>>14850162
>Pumpkin spice twinkies
Are you kidding me? The twinkie is the last junk food snack I'd consider for a seasonal variant, and it's a shitty flavor at that.
Honestly if you seriously need worthless junk food for the fall season, pick up a box of those little debbie's brownies that are shaped like jack-o'-lanterns, that shit's good if only because little debbie's brownies are good regardless of whatever bullshit holiday they're based on.

But yeah totally, Zeta did drop the ball on newtypes. Cyber newtypes were a mistake.
>>
>>14850162
This is a nice concept, but did it have to look like tuna?
>>
>>14850348
I'm waiting for Spicy Tuna Twinkies
>>
>>14850467

Would eat
>>
File: 1476542375775.jpg (924KB, 1360x2304px) Image search: [Google]
1476542375775.jpg
924KB, 1360x2304px
>>14850162
Another general Zetahater thread
>>
>>14850345
>Little Debbie brownies
I don't know how I was able to eat those as a kid. Those things give me horrible gas.
>>
>>14850467
Real talk I have been in the market for savory meat snacks for a while now and Slim Jims are no longer cutting it.

And jerkey is fucking expensive.

I'm at the "someone should've invented meat flavored chewing gum years ago" phase of my life, please send help.
>>
>>14853511
bacon bits
other brands of beef stick
dried beef
pepperoni
get a jerky machine
>>
>Zeta Gundam fucked up literally everything. It completely failed as a show in every single aspect

ftfy
>>
Not to be that one fucker who says "But it was MEANT to be terrible, you guys didn't get it!" but wasn't that the point? Both sides in the One Year War ignored the spiritual implications of Deikun's Newtype theory actually happening, Zeon just used it as part of their spacenoid supremacist propaganda machine with little thought of the actual scientific tenets of Newtypism, the federation just used it as a shorthand for "Ace Pilo" regardless of actual Newtype phenomenon exhibited by subjects. Both sides tried to turn Newtypes solely towards military operations, and by the Gryps conflict Deikun's dream of a race of Cosmic Flower Children was long since dead, resulting in a series of brainwashed child soldiers created in a lab on Earth and burnt out shellshocked veterans.

If you're talking about how Zeta and ZZ dropped most of that's 70s ESPer mysticism and atmosphere in favor of Shonen power level style MY NEWTYPE AUTISM IS GREATER THAN YOURS, I WIN THIS DUEL superpowers, than yeah you've got a point.
>>
>>14850345
Debbie's Pumpkin Delights or w/e they are are pretty gud. They're basically big soft gingerbread cookies with pumpkin flavor.
>>
>>14850345
>I hate pumpkin spice am I counter culture yet?
>>
Pumpkin spice is the fucking worst seasonal flavor for anything.
>>
>>14855984
It's gross anon. Especially when mixed with anything sugary like snack cakes or iced coffee.
>>
>>14856003
>>14856009
Never had it in a drink before. How is it compared to something like pumpkin bread?
>>
>>14852320
Another zetafag reply that fails to recognize criticism
>>
>>14850162
I now realize both the Zeta Gundam and the Ivo Shandor building posses both the same function
They are both big twinkies
>>
>>14856277
Also the OP kinda sounds like the Ghostbusters theme
>>
>>14853546
Yeah, Zeta and 0079 both have flaws, but the newtype thing I think was pretty intentional. Sort of a mirror to how after WWII there was this conception among some about how "This was the worst war, surely after this we can move forward and work together" only to have the next couple decades be full of proxy wars and nuclear proliferation. Which isn't to say that Zeta is some masterpiece meditation on post WWII geopolitics or anything, just that it in many ways was making an effort to subvert certain expectations about a 0079 sequel
>>
Zeta was enjoyable but the whole concept of newtypes was never appealing to me. It's just a bunch of vague psychic space magic that adds nothing to the setting, and downplays any actual skill and experience, deflating tension in battles since newtype characters can just "feel" incoming attacks. All in all, what could've been an interesting look into "the next step of human evolution" just came off as half assed.
>>
I wish they'd gone even more all-in on how that whole "newtype is the next step of human evolution" shit didn't change human nature. Like it was neat that Kamile got jaded about it because even with newtype connection with Haman or Paptimus, where he'd know they could 100% understand him, they still plotted evil shit and were manipulating a war that'd claim thousands of lives for their own gain.
>>
File: glizeo.png (163KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
glizeo.png
163KB, 400x400px
>>14853545
>>14853546
>>14856257
Another samefagging shitposter who will deny being an obvious samefag
>>
>>14859034
Why am I in there, I put actual effort into my post rather than ZETA IS SHIT ad hominem. Zeta isn't shit, Zeta is mixed.
>>
>>14850162
But OP, that was the point.
>>
>>14856048
It tastes nothing like pumpkin, lets start from there. Its like if someone vomited into your cup and then tried to cover it up by dumping sugar and coffee into it, and when you asked about the funny smell they said "that's the spices!".
>>
Newtypes were never good.

Tomino has some strange ideas.
>>
File: The O.jpg (148KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
The O.jpg
148KB, 800x800px
>>14858491
Finally, The O does look like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man
>>
>>14859034
>Another faggot who cant recognize multiple people sharing similar opinions
FTFY DIPSHIT
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.