[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>was told this was a love letter to tokusatsu stuff >decent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 7

>was told this was a love letter to tokusatsu stuff
>decent first ep
>then talking
>and talking
>and more talking
>followed by more talking
>continues with talking
>loaded with talking
>contains even more talking

Remember when /m/ shows conserved their dialogue and were, you know, visual? I admit I took potshots at IBO, but how come nobody declared this boring as fuck too?
>>
This show won't work unless you are in your 30s.
>>
>>14849473
All you just said points out how much of a ADHD jackass you are, if that was your aim congratulations
>>
>>14849494
CR is loaded with a lot of pointless dialogue on top of slow pacing, bad music, an uninteresting cast, no plot direction, and being tone deaf (not Cross Ange tone deaf, I mean real "what is our tone just mix things together without transition or consistency" tone deaf). I mean fuck, take away the toku refs and it is a subpar mystery anime.
>>
>>14849501
Except you can't take away the toku references because they are built into the story, just because you have the attention span of a fucking toddler and only want the pretty lights to flash you don't actually give a shit about the story, especially since they don't just info dump everything but rather build the world, but please keep repeating your inane bullshit like its right, maybe someone as retarded as you out there will listen to you, better yet, go to MAL or something since I don't doubt for a second they also hate this
>>
>>14849512
>all this vulgar gibbering
let me know if you ever develop a point
>>
>>14849501

It's not just toku references, it's also 60s and early 70s anime and political references, and it's all often tied into the plot in ways that you can't remove them without changing the plot itself.

This show has a lot of dialogue, but I didn't feel like the exposition was badly done (like they usually had a reason to actually give exposition, rather than the characters talking about stuff they should know already).

It just seems like you were looking forward to a purely action based series and is disappointed by it not focusing just on that (even though there are still action packed episodes too).

Although I was pretty surprised by /m/ criticizing IBO for its lack of action too. I thought /m/'s general consensus was that the obligatory battles in the older series were often to their detriment?
>>
>>14849536
>I thought /m/'s general consensus was that the obligatory battles in the older series were often to their detriment?
you're confusing /m/ with snobs
>>
>>14849473
>toku fan having the mentality of a child
Shocking
>>
>>14849536
>it's also 60s and early 70s anime and political references
Which audiences this day and age would be lost on, brilliant!
>>14849546
Cool mouth, does it talk with dialogue?
>>
>>14849544
>>14849546

This is a pretty fun post combo.
>>
>ignore ChannelAwesome's propaganda they said
Well we did and look where it got us
>>
>>14849544
>not being a brain dead retard who enjoys pointless, predictable stock footage filled battles = snob
rly makes u thnk
>>
what a garbage thread
>>
>>14849585
Coming from someone that can't spell correctly.
>>
>>14849581
Ignore what now?
>>
>>14849512
>PAY ATTENTION MEME
>>
File: 1460772517701.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1460772517701.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>No more Jiro running around acting like a Justice tard.

I miss this show.
>>
was this anime designed for people with a talking fetish? Like they use their mouth to masturbate? (IE mouthturbate)
>>
>>14849646
typical tokufag intelligence level

go! go! power rangers!
>>
>>14849652
>I can't grasp the idea of noise pollution in muh fikshun
>>
>>14849512
This board keeps on bashing on Eva and Eva fans for deflecting every criticism with "you didnt understand the story lolol go watch something like hello kitty" yet a group of people here do the exact same fucking meme talk with people who dislike shows like G-Reco or any fucking anime that allows them to pretend being some next level intellectual beings and tell others to "PAY ATTENTION XDXDD"

When is something that y'all agree it's "cool" to like it's ok to be pretentious elitists twats.
>>
File: 1451279368086.jpg (373KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1451279368086.jpg
373KB, 1280x720px
If you're looking to shitpost you couldn't have picked a worse series. By the end only like 8 people were actually watching this and one thread would last from one episode to the next weeks episode they moved so slowly.
>>
>>14849680
There is no shitposting on OP's part, it really is that boring.
>>
>>14849684
I wanted to drop the first, but I just kept forcing myself to watch it
I like the 2nd half a lot better than the first though
>>
>>14849473
>Remember when /m/ shows conserved their dialogue and were, you know, visual?

This has literally never been true. /m/ shows have been exposition-heavy from the beginning, even shows that are praised here largely for ditching exposition(i.e. Reconguista) pad their runtime with silly shit and character interactions. Enjoy your (You).
>>
File: 1280.jpg (142KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1280.jpg
142KB, 1280x720px
Peace?
Freedom?
Justice?

Whyt is your choice /a/?
>>
>>14849700
OPs don't get (you)s
>>
>making toku homages more boring than Clannad
That is a hell of a feat.
>>
>>14849722
Bio Planet WoO, Daimajin Kanon, and Kamen Rider Kabuto were very fucking awful though, you can have toku worse than whinad.
>>
Really /m/? Now you're shitposting ConRevo?

This show isn't as popular or as shit as to deserve it.
>>
>>14849739
Do you know what shitposting even is?
>>
>>14849739
Probably just bashing Aikawa's works, even the ones that turn out good.
>>
>>14849747
>Aikawa
literally who?
>>
>>14849747
>knowing who makes things
Only a snob would care
>>
>>14849781
Considering how many authors get regularly bashed on here, I guess there's plenty of snobs around here.
>>
>>14849745
Yeah, it's this:
>>14849473
>>14849501
>>14849523
>>14849610
>>14849684
>>
>>14849807
No, those are complaints, not shitposts
>>
>>14849810
Sup OP
>>
>pays attention
>still shit

I'm having Anime Suki flashbacks.
>>
What are most of the refs anyway? It feels like a bunch of random ass shit.
>>
>>14849923
I have all the comparative charts made back in the /a/ thread here in my pc, but they are really big and my pc is slow today, so let's wait another kind soul post them here for you.

what I can say is that all references are very specific, even more the ones related to real life events, that are more present in the first season. Many events of the series "Shinka" era are directed linked to the real life Showa era. A example: The series first beast attack in Tokyo when Jiro was a kid, in november Shinka 29 overlaps with november of Showa 29 (1954) when the first Godzilla movie was released, commencing the Kaiju era. The same with other incidents of the series that overlap with real life incidents in the equivalent month and year, like protests, train acidents, bomb attacks and so on.

Resuming: You would really need to be a japanese man older than 30-40 years to understand all references without help. But with was nice to accompany the series with the /a/ threads and spot the references together.
>>
File: 1306345352227.jpg (10KB, 205x199px) Image search: [Google]
1306345352227.jpg
10KB, 205x199px
>>14849660
Ther is w world of difference to paying attention to what the anime is slowly explaining to you through the stories of each episode and simply fabricating whole new meanings to the anime by dissecting what the author has said in on a interview, you are essentially comparing evageeks who are powered purely on fanwank to simply paying attention to what the anime slowly shows us, something that G-Reco failed to do at times, it either went full blast at something with the characters stopping to infodump or they stopped being characters and just acted in inhuman ways so the plot follows along.

Did you forget that Tomino himself said he cut down the anime fro m50 episodes to 26 because he said he was too old to direct that? What do you think happened to the build up for plots?

Also since fucking when is the ability to actually pay attention to what is being shown in the anime a meme? What the fuck man
>>
>>14849923
If you search the archive you will see a chart we made for each episode enumerating each and every refence or cameo
>>
>>14850007
>something that G-Reco failed to do at times, it either went full blast at something with the characters stopping to infodump or they stopped being characters and just acted in inhuman ways so the plot follows along.

Yeah, you admit that, but the other wankers like to excuse every fucking criticism with "u didnt understand pay more atenshun and go back to AZ" and think Tomino made a mess of a show on purpouse to make a point about paying attention and spoonfeeding or some shit like that. I want to clarify that I did like G-Reco, ConRevo and even Eva, I just despise retarded fandom elitism even in things I actually like. With the meme part I meant that "pay attention" became a stock response.
>>
File: 1366780111437.jpg (1023KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1366780111437.jpg
1023KB, 2000x2000px
>>14850013
>>
File: 1476481775894.png (14KB, 937x107px) Image search: [Google]
1476481775894.png
14KB, 937x107px
>>14850049
"Pay attention" being a stock response doesn't necessarily make it incorrect. In this case, it is fairly invalid as ConRevo is a historical series that would appeal to a small minority - not tokushit - however keeping that in mind and being inquisitive WHY things are done the way they are as opposed to dismissing it as bad is a step in the right direction. That's normally what the defense for G-Reco is based in, and understandably so considering how many idiots it unearthed and the abundance of dialogue referencing the very themes people address is often ignored in the mess the show is. This very well could've been intentional considering the subject matter and direction style, although at the same time it does get swept up in terrible pacing, loose plot threads, and inconsistent characterization: the things that really do make no sense. The strengths people defend of series like G-Reco, ConRevo, and the like I would describe as """modern art""", but considering the concepts of definable literary conventions are often made up by real pretentious high-brow idiots who think all artists know what they're doing or hold anything to particular standards, such as, "all romance novels have to have a sex scene or I'M NOT PUBLISHING IT," or, "this doesn't have the Tokushit cliches I wanted so it's SHIIIIT."

In other words, go back to MAL, retarded shitposter.
>>
>>14849923

There are some image charts compiled by /a/ - although this site has basically most things with relevant descriptions and comparisons, although it's all in Japanese.

http://matomame.jp/user/FrenchToast/bbfd03af5e4496430bc9
http://matomame.jp/user/FrenchToast/d8920088e2724b2c554b?page=1

Some references are purely visual, but many are actually plot/event related.
>>
>>14850419
But unlike ConRevo G-Reco was tolerable
>>
>>14849558
sounds like you just want a pander fest. why would you pick out bones for pandering most there shows have a lot of slow pacing.
>70s anime and political references lost
>in a show with toku referenses
>implying cartoons have to stick to only modern ideas
>"audiences this day and age would be lost"
how do you function where you don't understand setting. you sound like you completely don't know what the fuck historical exposition is. it honestly sounds like historical fiction would trigger you by just the thought.
>Cool mouth, does it talk with dialogue?
>unironically using the most fedora tipping fag line in existence
like pottery
>>
>>14849581
what does channel awesome have to do with this. also no one fucking watches them anymore.
>>14849629
i miss it too. though not as much as samurai flamenco.
>>
>>14849739
this. its like the m3 shitposting threads. only 6 people saw m3 all the way through.
>>
>>14850501
>sounds like you just want a pander fest. why would you pick out bones for pandering most there shows have a lot of slow pacing.
Because nobody cares who made this be it staff or studio, I sure as hell don't bother because it has no effect.
>you completely don't know what the fuck historical exposition is
They make up shit like "Shineka" era, sounds like luxury sushi or some shit.
>>
>>14850511
>what does channel awesome have to do with this
they are among the tastemakers that encourage arbitrary storytelling "rules"
>>
>>14850522
I liked M3, but it was a mess
>>
>>14849660
depends on the person you get actual details on what happened if you question a specific thing but if OP can't even deconstruct a specific point of which to debate then a majority of posters regardless of fanbase will critisize your opinion. because at that point your just blogposting your general opinion on something you may not actual understand. if op wants honest replies he should put fourth more thought into his post.
>>14849810
2 of them aren't even complaints.
>>14849523 (actual shitposting)
>>14849610
others are debatable also >>14849473
really showing how new you are to the genre here cause there are a fuck ton of 80s and 90s mecha that are heavy on dialogue.
>>14849698
slow burn. if OP had asked when it picks up the thread quality would have been a lot better than this.
>>
>>14850557
>if op wants honest replies he should put fourth more thought into his post.
Well I am only 4 episodes in so that might be a factor
>really showing how new you are to the genre here cause there are a fuck ton of 80s and 90s mecha that are heavy on dialogue.
I've seen the entirety of the Ultra franchise, Kamen Rider franchise, Gamera franchise, Godzilla franchise, most of sentai, and a good chunk of kaiju movies and toku superhero series, new I am not.
>>
>>14850501
Bones made classics like Captain Earth, E7, Star Driver, Heroman, RahXephon, Lagrange, Soul Eater, and lots of other things
>>
>>14850581
they make the most adorable mascots, maybe Concrete needed a piece of adorable concrete to make it more tolerable!
>>
>>14850585
Bones can get out of bankruptcy by making a CE spinoff about Pitz parodying mecha anime
>>
>>14849473
It's simple. Toku is shit, therefore a "love letter" to it will be shit.
>>
>>14850539
>no body cares about staff
thats completely wrong unless your a person that just picks up what ever going in completely blind. directors and companies have their own spin on what they create.
>They make up shit like "Shineka" era
because its somewhat of historical fiction. historical fiction takes real events and then reworks them towards a more dramatized telling or use it to create a world based off an era just diverged in tech and events. just because you think the name is silly doesn't make it bad in a story telling perspective especially when tone is a factor.
>>14850547
according to whom?
>>14850552
a lot of slow burn shows start off pretty scatter brained. it wasn't to an extent where it hurt showing character motivation in m3 but it could have been ordered a little better. it stands up on its own when it got moving but there a lot of minor things that were just kind of there at the start.
>>
>>14850561
i was speaking about mecha anime not toku shows. 80s-90s mecha anime there are quite a few slow burn shows heavy on dialogue. and then there are shows that try to jam action every ep while also meaning heavy on dialogue these are remembered more fondly.
>>
Jesus Christ. Why is nearly everybody in this thread barely literate when it comes to writing coherent posts?
>>
>>14850684
Average attention span of a poster doesn't warrant the effort to make a thought out and intelligent post unless you enjoy your (you)s in the form of "didn't read your wall of text lol!"
>>
>>14850601
>according to whom?
Anon have you met anyone under 20 in the past couple of years? They literally eat everything up that comes from that place.
>>
>>14849476
I was 24 when it aired and it worked for me.

>>14849473
>was told this was a love letter to tokusatsu stuff
It's a love letter to every fantasy genre with superhumans, including toku. tokufags want to shove toku into anything.

And I agree, a tv show should be visual.

Conrevo is not an example of it doing it wrong since it also has action and drama though.
>>
>>14849501
>take away the toku refs
You'd still have the american super hero, mecha, shonen, fairy tales, folk tales and real life references.
>>
>>14849722
Clannad had toku homages?
>>
>>14849595
Fits the show, really
>>
>>14850684
Most of that was just OP being a faggot though.
>>
the title of this makes no sense, where is the concrete and how is it revolutionary?
>>
>>14849473
confusing plot
>>
>>14849473
Jiro best dude
>>
>>14849473

This show had a weirdly anticlimatic ending. Like, what was the point of all that?

If you're shaping up to a final confrontation between the hero and the just-revealed villain, let the two of them fight. Don't just have all of the hero's friends jump in and ruin the battle, especially since it seemed fairly even until Jiro started getting his shit pushed in.

Did he even accomplish anything besides declaring himself a superhuman?
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.