[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If the "big 4" of heavy metal are Metallica, Megadeth,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

File: Nobuteru Yuki.jpg (1MB, 1280x1666px) Image search: [Google]
Nobuteru Yuki.jpg
1MB, 1280x1666px
If the "big 4" of heavy metal are Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax and Pantera, who are the big four of character designers?

Mikimoto, Kenichi Sonoda, YAS and Nobuteru Yuki?
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (89KB, 500x349px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
89KB, 500x349px
>>14847864
>big 4
>Pantera
You fucked up.

The big four of thrash metal includes Slayer, Pantera not being thrash (or good). A big four of heavy metal in general would not include Anthrax or Megadeth, they're just not THAT big.

DO YOU EVEN METAL?
>>
File: nadia.jpg (348KB, 750x1049px) Image search: [Google]
nadia.jpg
348KB, 750x1049px
>>14847864
>Nobuteru Yuki

Does he even have a design aesthetic other than *insert big nose*? Almost all of his designs were based heavily on others' preexisting art.

Replace him with Sadamoto and we're good.
>>
>>14848720
>Does he even have a design aesthetic other than *insert big nose*? Almost all of his designs were based heavily on others' preexisting art.

Lodoss War is all him and it's one of the best looking things out there.
Not even any big noses.
>>
>>14848763
>>
>>14848720
I still can't get over the fact that her face and Shinji's are the same, anyone got that picture ?
>>
>>14848766
>>
The Big 4 refers to the Big 4 of Thrash metal. Metallica Slayer Anthrax and Megadeth. And most actual Metal fanatics agree Exodus should replace Anthrax. Theres also the German big 3: Kreator, Sodom, & Destruction
Pantera is for stupid rednecks. Its radio Rock music
So I guess, for your pleb ass, the equivalents would be Anno and whoever did the the designs for Big O, Gurren Lagann, and whatever else Toonami kids like
>>
>>14848796
>And most actual Metal fanatics agree Exodus should replace Anthrax.
It's about popularity, not quality. Anthrax made it big, Exodus didn't. It's the 'big' four, not the most awesome four.
>>
80s original design would be Yas, Mikimoto and Kogawa, a big four would be arbitrary unless someone else has an idea.
>Yas refused so let's give Kitazume a chance
>The original Southern Cross guy (can't remember the name) fell through so let's turn to Kogawa, even though fans begrudge a Super Dimensional series without Mikimoto
Then they mostly retire and you have to create a new big numeral because there are too many designers, but you can't just have Yas and Mikimoto and some other two guys.
I personally like Akemi Takada outside of them, though she did a lot of adapted designs.
>>
>>14847864
>Big 4 of Heavy Metal
>No Judas
>No Maiden
>No understanding of metal sub-genres and instead listing an incorrect Big Four of Thrash Metal.

It's not that important, because the thread's not about metal but it does make you look a bit silly.
>>
File: e06317001.jpg (153KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
e06317001.jpg
153KB, 1024x768px
>>14848875
I meant thrash really,and like >>14848706 said, I got Slayer and Pantera mixed up.

Anyway, this is now a heavy metal thread. Pic related.
>>
>>14848796
>someone who likes garbage like metal music calling someone else a pleb

top ironing
>>
>>14848957
>Metal
>Garbage

Your subjective taste is excellent and everyone else has poor taste, amirite?
>>
>>14848720
>*insert big nose*
And that's a problem how?
>>
>>14847864
>Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax and Pantera
>big 4
>>
For /m/ characters?
Yas,Kogawa,Sonoda,Mikimoto
>>
>>14848796
>Exodus should replace Anthrax

I would say Exodus, Testament, Overkill, or Nuclear Assault.
>>
File: 1475554524640.jpg (120KB, 392x495px)
1475554524640.jpg
120KB, 392x495px
>>
>>14847864
>pantera
Wrong, it's Slayer you retard.

And it's the big 4 of Thrash Metal, not heavy metal.
Pantera played glam metal and then groove metal.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.