[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i finished NGE about a week or so ago EOE and all but it was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: neon-genesis-evangelion.jpg (878KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
neon-genesis-evangelion.jpg
878KB, 1280x1024px
So i finished NGE about a week or so ago EOE and all but it was just meh. The animation and score were pretty good and i liked how it wasnt generic " Angsty teen pilots the mech and is a hero" but a few things bothered me. Towards the end the pacing just got real awkward and im not talking about episodes 24-26 i mean like 19 to the end. I also feel that they didnt bother explaining much until the filler/flashback episode and especially when it came to them talking about the impacts, and the ending with the lilum and Rei stuff. Like was rei an angel. EoE also bothered me in the sense that shinji had the chance to rebuild the world in whatever way he wanted but just chose to have it back to normal but chose the weird lcl thing and finishing on Asuka. Also were the Evas also real people? Like was 01 Shinjis mom or was it something to do with her being desolved into it. So am i just crazy/not getting it?
>>
>>14847381
also felt the shit with toji and kawura was just rushed and awkward
>>
>>14847381
>Also were the Evas also real people? Like was 01 Shinjis mom or was it something to do with her being desolved into it.
it's a clone of Ultraman with shinji's mom's soul running it
>>
Also were the hologram guys from the first few episodes the same as seele?
>>
File: 465481654357654.jpg (84KB, 377x414px) Image search: [Google]
465481654357654.jpg
84KB, 377x414px
>>14847381
>Like was rei an angel
Yes and No. She was created by Gendo using material taken from Lillith and given the face of Shinji's mother. In effect the Rei line were vessels for Lillith's soul. When it was time for Third Impact occured in EoE, the giant Rei was an amalgamation of Rei, Lillith, and Adam.

>were the Evas also real people?
No. Without getting too deep in the background lore, they're basically man-made Angels.

> was 01 Shinjis mom or was it something to do with her being desolved into it.
It's the latter. Unit-01 was infused with Shinji's mother's soul when she dissolved in it -- It is not Shinji's mother herself.

>So am i just crazy/not getting it?
Nah, you're not. The show is an 8 out of 10. It's got a meandering narrative and a vague plot construction. There are some good ideas at work, though, and the animation was '90s good for the most part. The show is meant to appeal to young boys who are supposed to be too enthralled by the visuals and dream fulfillment when they self-insert as Shinji to care about the faults within the story. They are expected to just go with the flow and not question it (as most of us did). It doesn't hold up nearly as well when you watch it with adult rationale as some flawed elements become more obvious and the story can get pretty fucking dumb at times. At the same time, watching it as an adult, you can really appreciate the things that the show does well, too.
>>
>>14847412
yeah
at some point they changed it because 2001 is cool
>>
>>14847381
>Towards the end the pacing just got real awkward and im not talking about episodes 24-26 i mean like 19 to the end.

because they ran out of money at the end, its a constant theme with Gainax. might have wanted to watch Death and Rebirth before EoE, its most a clipshow movie but it fills in a few tiny gaps and is a good reminder of everything that happened leading up to EoE.
>>
File: 1443625401218.jpg (350KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1443625401218.jpg
350KB, 1920x1080px
>>14847594
>The show is meant to appeal to young boys who are supposed to be too enthralled by the visuals and dream fulfillment when they self-insert as Shinji to care about the faults within the story.

last time i checked a consistent theme with the original EVA was that dream fulfillment and self-inserting as an anime character is fucking stupid because Shinji's life was a constant torrent of physically and emotionally crippling situations, just like real life.

everybody wants to be Hikaru or Amuro, nobody wants to live Shinji's life in Toyko 3.
>>
>>14847704
>last time i checked a consistent theme with the original EVA was that dream fulfillment and self-inserting as an anime character is fucking stupid

You're right.

And NGE handled it poorly.
>>
>>14847704
>Amuro

I think that Amuro had it worse than Shinji.
>>
>>14847934
I agree. Amuro was just able to handle the shit thrown at him much better than Shinji was.
>>
>>14847704
"Relatable" characters suck ass. I don't watch anime to revel in how shit reality is.
>>
>>14847956
Seconded.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.