[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Based on how much you faggots hyped it up, I was expecting IBO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: Man_Rodi_Gyoubu_2.jpg (98KB, 600x803px) Image search: [Google]
Man_Rodi_Gyoubu_2.jpg
98KB, 600x803px
Based on how much you faggots hyped it up, I was expecting IBO to be awful. But it's really not that bad. What don't you guys like about it?
>>
>>14847142
It's just pretty slow and the drama isn't handled exceptionally well. Plus some poor animation. I thought it was just average myself.
>>
my biggest complaint is that I don't care about any of the characters as individuals. They all seem kinda cardboard. The only strong thing about them is their character dynamics and what each person does for the group, but they suck as individual characters.

Other than that, I'm not a fan of the mecha designs, the poor animation quality, the love triangle + comedy, the ridiculous character designs for most of the antagonists, and the lack of any real consequences for Tekkadan.
>>
>>14847151
See I actually enjoy the fact the characters are only good in a group. It helps further the idea that these are people born into war, rather than people who've gotten the chance to actually be their own individual.
>>
File: savethisfranchise.png (21KB, 930x510px) Image search: [Google]
savethisfranchise.png
21KB, 930x510px
>>14847142
it does everything wrong and I want this franchise to be legitimately good again
>>
File: 1473261568746.jpg (136KB, 827x827px) Image search: [Google]
1473261568746.jpg
136KB, 827x827px
>>14847142
Listening to anything any of these fags have to say on 4chan is just bad policy. I happen to like IBO. It is always better to watch for yourself and make your own decision.
>>
File: Cs4QEk7UMAAFhjB.webm (271KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Cs4QEk7UMAAFhjB.webm
271KB, 640x480px
>>14847230
This is the right answer, everyone taste is different the correct choice is to watch it yourself and decide on your own
>>
At least characters in that show don't wait for events, they're the engine of what's happening. And no more Coordinator/Innovator crap with a fag explanation like "Next step of evolution" is a good turn.
>>
>>14847142
Like 90% of Okada shit, it's very mediocre.
It only gets hate because it's Gundam, and trying to please Gunota is impossible.
>>
>>14847142
The pacing when S1 was airing weekly was kind of anemic, but it's much better when you don't have to wait.
>>
>>14847142
action scenes aren't that great for a gundam, other than that not much i'm indifferent. i'd say action scenes are somewhere between seed and wing.
>>14847230
is that a reliant robin truck?
>>
>>14847476
same can be said for every gundam that isnt unicorn(partially), gbf, try, and 00.
>>
>>14847496
Yes, but since it wasn't a fight-an-episode series it really rankled the ADHD gunota.
>>
>>14847160
I feel like it would be better if it didnt have such a large cast. Alot of them feel kinda cliche and just fulfill a role. Most of them lack any real importance outside of their job. Akihiro got some attention with his whole brother arc, and so did Biscuit. I feel like if we saw more characters get taken out of commission, not necessarily die, and watch as Tekkadan has to figure out how to cover up their flaws, i would enjoy it more. Biscuit almost did that, but I didnt feel it was enough because he was such a prime member. I want to see what happens if the AV system takes too much out of Eugene and he has to be benched when Tekkadan has another major fleet battle.
>>
>>14847142
There are many things that make the show mediocre, they are more technical aspects and storytelling options that don't concern personal opinion.

On the technical aspects, there is the pace of the series, that feel awfully slow for this kind of series. The animation falls short, with lots of QUALITY moments, really alot, even in the battle scenes, combined with loose directing of scenes with fucked up angles, that is more aparent than your avarage gundam series.

In the story telling part, the construction of many of the characters is poor and there are many moments that looks like bullshit. They are poor, their lives are miserable, some of them are from a kind of slave caste, they are strugling for a better life, but I'm apathetic to that as viewer. You cant simply point to a hobo and say: "Look, he is poor and his life is miserable! Feel sorry for him!", it is not like that that things work in storytelling. You need to work the emotions of the viewer, show him, make him feel the impact of it, making him care. And the show does it poorly, because it simply says without showing real consequences.

"Oh look, our MC and other kids are illiterate because they lived a poor life only focused in fighting and working!" Do you really feel anything at all when they showed this? It lack impact or consequenses, like many other parts of the series, like the Dorts rebellion, where in no moment is shown their poor conditions that sparked the rioting.. A series that the main purpose was to show a greety and violent world, with child soldiers and a slave caste who fight and work to barely survives. Then, also ads here the excess of poor exposition for world building, and, what I find, personally the worst, because is like a punch in the viewer face, the use of the never mentioned long lost/distanced brother that will coincidently shows up in the episode where he is mentioned, twice.
>>
>>14847610
I would also add here something that is my personal opinion, but is shared by others in the board, that Mika is a terrible protagonist. Paraphrasing something that I read here: "He is a side character in his own show". He is totally bland and dont really have a personality, he only know how to breath and fight, putting the stoic character archetype in a new level. I'm totally sure we could swap him in the series for some random piece of house furniture and wouldn't change nothing in the show.

It is because of the thematic of the series? An animalistic child who only lives to fight? Most certainly is, but again, it lack any impact. Could be shown him being ostracized by society and by other or more significant problems in his ability to social conviviality, because this kind of life. But no, the series simply suck his dick because he is a super pilot.

With all this on the table, I will also really never understand how they choose Nagai as the series director. A guy that his list of contributions as director to the anime industry is filled with animes like Idol Master, Chobits, Aoi Hana and others as such, and his only previous experience with a gundam show was directing the first ending sequence of Gundam AGE.

I really had no problem with Okada writing the script; writers can be more eclectic, and I think that choosing someone not so close to the Gundam world to write it, it was possible a more original world that is not just a copy of previous entries with another Space colonies vs Earth war.

But choosing a fucking director with no previous experience with action or mecha animes, to direct the new series from a popular and beloved franchise, you can only be fucking kidding me.
>>
>>14847610
>doesn't concern persoal opinion
>feel awfully slow
That's a personal opinion, anon. I stopped there because my personal opinion is that you're self-important about your opinions being objective facts.
I'm enjoying the show, and there's no way you're going to convince me that your personal opinion should override mine.
Have a nice day.
>>
>>14847718
Nice day to you too, anon.
>>
I just find there's a lot of problems with the execution of the show that just keeps pushing me away.

It's too-onesided, both in terms of battles and narrative, for my taste. I really think that with a group like Tekkadan, the show should have pushed for moral ambiguity more. You know, like Kudelia having some trouble accepting their actions as they go to more extreme lengths. While there is moments that really highlight how fucked up Tekkadan are, and if you think about how Mika's actions have affected others (like his kiss saving Kudelia's life), I always feel they weren't handled properly like they were an afterthought or something.

Season one became rather predictable in what would happen. You could see every twist coming a mile away, and they stretch it out so you begin thinking maybe it was all a ruse but then nope. Exactly as you thought. And it doesn't really help when it feels like the story is stretched so thin.

There's other stuff. I'm not really impressed with the show, but I don't hate it either. It's just bland, which is sad because it had some really good ideas that could have made for a much better viewing experience.

At least, in my opinion.
>>
File: 1476120211903.jpg (4MB, 3629x5204px) Image search: [Google]
1476120211903.jpg
4MB, 3629x5204px
>>14847142
It's:
A) The latest gundam, so unless it dramatically exceeds expectations, panders heavily, and has above average animation it will be shat on and shitposted.

B) It's writer and director are love em or hate em kind of people.

C) it has some legitimately bad writing and animation at parts (Fucking Dort arc)

D) It's slower paced and can go several episodes at a time without mecha action and a lot of the fights feel like tekkadan just stomping all over the opponent.
>>
>>14847142
Season one is pretty jarring. It starts off great. Then it spirals down into tedious. Too many badly written drama, Kudelia gets too much screentime and development compared to the rest and the finale is just kind of lacking.

But there's also a lot of things i like about it. I find the Tekkadan characters, while nothing special, is kinda comfy to watch on their daily lives. Like how they all have distinct traits that plays out among each other. Also that tavern scene. It's the small thing like that that makes a difference for me.

As for Mika, he's surprisingly entertaining to watch. Not because he's a good character or anything, but i like how robotic he is. He don't give a fuck when fighting but he did give some fucks when among his peers. Especially that part when he woke Orga up from depression. I dunno, it's just entertaining to see someone who don't give a fuck while caring at the same time.
>>
File: 1476611828317.jpg (218KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1476611828317.jpg
218KB, 500x500px
>>
>>14847835
God that shot makes me rock hard. Source?
>>
>>14847142
It's a middle of the road show but normalfags and entry level Mecha fags think it's some amazing entry for Gundam/Mecha. Whenever you overly praise something that's on the mediocre side of things it tends to have a negative reaction to those very knowledgeable in that field, case in point the reaction /m/ has to TTGL whenever people try to praise it as something significant.

Hearing someone yammer about something they don't know about and you know a lot about tends to have a negative and cynical effect on people.
>>
>>14847142
I like many of the concepts that went into making IBO, but there's nothing that actually stands out in the actual show. The characters and their interactions are unremarkable. The animation is mediocre and clearly on a tight budget, and the choreography is like that too.

There are no particularly well-constructed moments or scenes that they build up to. I just can't see much writing/directorial talent or passion going into any particular aspect of it. It's not an awful show, especially if you're 14 years old or something, but it's not good either.
>>
>>14847142
It's too slow and boring, especially in the second half.
>>
I thought Victory did the whole 'poor saps almost out of ammo on the run from a superior force' thing way better, taking the series from the bridge of a ship to the cabin of a fucking semi.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.