[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just finished 0083 and I was extremely impressed with the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

File: scrnshot-00002.png (2MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
scrnshot-00002.png
2MB, 1920x1090px
So I just finished 0083 and I was extremely impressed with the direction and writing.

>Not a single mention of newtypes
>Each individual character feels relatable in some fashion
>The plot is actually fairly non linear and has some interesting twists with the whole espionage angle
>Kou isn't really super special in any particular way and his crewmates are actually reliable
>Gato is the most based mecha antagonist I've seen

Supposedly Zeta is even better which I hope is true because I now have high expectations for it.
>>
File: 1422589486610.jpg (7KB, 255x220px) Image search: [Google]
1422589486610.jpg
7KB, 255x220px
are you chronologically watching uc gundam
>>
I NEED THE MAGIC
>>
File: 1420173467550.png (259KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
1420173467550.png
259KB, 550x413px
>>14846138
>that aspect ratio
>>
>>14846138

>Forgetting to mention the KICKASS opening theme
>>
File: scrnshot-00003.png (2MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
scrnshot-00003.png
2MB, 1920x1090px
>>14846146
Of course nigga, it's been comfy so far.
>>
>>14846138
I agree but my main problem (I know it's subjective) is that gp01 and 03 are too generic
>>
File: scrnshot-00004.png (3MB, 2581x1090px) Image search: [Google]
scrnshot-00004.png
3MB, 2581x1090px
>>14846154
The black bars on the side distract me too much when I'm watching 4:3.
I could be even worse and watch it with cinema style horizontal letterboxing with a super squashed image.
>>
File: scrnshot-00002.png (2MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
scrnshot-00002.png
2MB, 1920x1090px
>>14846168
That's another thing I enjoyed about it.
The gundams weren't completely invincible and instead were just higher spec machines
Also the Zephyranthes had a sleeker Zeta look than the Dendrobium's more classical blocky style
>>
>>14846138
>Not a single mention of newtypes
>pro
You you stop watching Gundam now and Stick to A/Z.
>>
>no newtype is a good thing meme
Why does no one say this about The Force? Huh? HUH
>>
>>14846146
Whats wrong with that? Especially when 0083 is a literal prequel. I watched Gundam the same way, only got Victory to go once I buy it.
>>
>>14846205
They do. People are clamoring for the Han Solo movie because they want something not focusing on Jedi and The Force.
>>
>>14846210
did you need to know that Vader was a whiny fag who hates sand to watch Star Wars A New Hope
>>
>>14846213
It's funny you mention Anakin being a bitch when the Clone Wars show actually makes his character not shit.
>>
>>14846205
Because nostalgia, and the fact that we were more accepting of plot-bending magical superpowers as children.
>>
>>14846222
Personally I have to credit the Republic comic series and ROTS novel for doing the character justice before the Clone Wars tv show existed.
>>
>>14846210
Aren't you a little bit confused as to why the feddies are purposefully allowing Gatos shenanagins? It's assumed you know who the titans are from Zeta.

>>14846138
Kou was a wet blanket. The scene where he fails to ask floopyhair to thr movies infuriates me. He sorta grew on me near the end though. He went through so much shit that I couldn't not emphasise with him. Overall though I just didn't find Kou to be very memorable or interesting.
Nina is an annoying cunt and I was expecting Kou to back hand her at the very end.
You're right about Gato though, he was fucking great.
>>
>>14846138

> Monsha
> reliable

Even his friends thought his jealous antics to get back at Kou went too far after a while. He nearly sank the ship and killed his crewmates because of it at one point, simply because he thought he deserved Nina and the Gundam.
>>
>>14846262
I'm not going to defend 0083's writing, there's a lot wrong with it, but I liked that Kou was really interested in the technical aspects of his machine. It's easy for a series to ignore it and have the protagonist just be the guy who pilots, but Kou knew about all of the algorithms that ran the suit, the macros available to run, etc.
>>
>>14846262
>Kou was a wet blanket. The scene where he fails to ask floopyhair to thr movies infuriates me.
What makes it so good though is that the show itself acknowledges this. Multiple times Keith and Mora basically tell him to quit being such a fag.
>Overall though I just didn't find Kou to be very memorable or interesting.
Kou was designed to be as normal as possible. He is just an average young man in the military who ended up getting involved in a serious debacle while still being responsible yet scared.
>Nina is an annoying cunt and I was expecting Kou to back hand her at the very end.
True she could have been written better but overall you have to remember she was merely a headstrong office girl who originally fell for a heartthrob guy then redirected that towards nerdy stuff like Gundam development.
For the way she was set up she could have been much worse.
>>
>>14846210
there's multiple points in 0083 that are supposed to make you go "oh fuck it's that one character they got keikaku-ed!"
Zeta is supposed to make you go "what the hell is going on why are things so different from First"

to continue star wars, 4 starts with "HOLY SHIT GIANT ROBOT FRANKENSTEIN SHAFT IS WRECKING EVERYTHING" not "oh hey annie guess you're still butthurt about your dead chick lol"
like how 2 at the end is supposed to make you go OH SHIT IMPERIAL MATCH but you wouldn't know that if you watch them in in-character order
>>
>>14846294
Considering that each UC Gundam show is mostly standalone there isn't really any harm in watching them in or out of order.
>>
Why the fuck did you watch the Zeta prequel before Zeta
What the fucking hell
>>
>>14846186
>zeta
>sleek

You've never seen the show right? The Zeta is a fat, blocky van of a MS
>>
>>14846323
Did we watch the same Zeta
You sure you're not missing a Z
>>
>>14846323
True the Zeta design is more fat than the traditional design but it feels like it was designed with aerodynamic formula one lines to it as opposed to humanoid muscle mimicry.
>>
>>14846323
>The Zeta is a fat

YEA DUDE, YOU PUT THE ZETA AND THE-O RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER, ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO TELL WHICH IS WHICH, RIGHT EPIC BRO?????
>>
>>14846205
Because the Force is what being a Jedi/Sith is about: it's what drives the Skywalkers' story. Newtype stuff usually comes out of left field and is a result (and not a cause) of Gundam's space theme.
>>
>>14846323
Do not bully the Zeta
>>
File: PAUNCH.gif (501KB, 252x168px) Image search: [Google]
PAUNCH.gif
501KB, 252x168px
>>14846138
Kou hates carrots because he has the same japanese voice actor as Vegeta
>fucking KAKKAROT
>>
File: newtype shenanigans.webm (943KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
newtype shenanigans.webm
943KB, 1024x768px
>>14846138
>no mention of newtypes is a bonus
>I have high expectations/looking forward to Zeta

do you not know what these shows are about
>>
>>14847249
I'm not going to be upset with the discussion of newtypes in Zeta, I was merely refreshed that they were able to present what they had without mentioning newtypes.
Even 08th MS team had some mentions of newtypes I think.
>>
>>14847443
I mean, it's not like the show has tonexpand upon Newtypes when they mention them offhand or whatever. Newtypes were a pretty big fucking ideological deal with Contolism. You don'y have to show newtypes but just mentioning them offhand or as something that Zeon has been working on isn't going to tank a show all by itself.
>>
>>14847443
I mean, the whole Newtypes as weapons thing Char and Amuro were arguing about in 0079 is front and centre here.
And by the end people start pulling NT phenomena out the ass.

ZZ has this times eleventy billion, to middling effect
By the end of either show, you will either think magic psychic powers are cool, or the worst thing ever. Basically ruining everything to come after it.
>>
>>14847195
Based accguy
>>
>>14846150
>everytime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP3TX47VK3k
>>
>>14847443
When did 08th talk about newtypes?!?!
>>
>>14846138
>tfw the 0083 and 08th cast both probably died in the Gryps conflict
>>
>>14850012
What, you can't possibly be implying that they made Shiro come out of hiding in the mountains with his infant son and a missing leg to fight in the Gryps conflict can you?
>>
>>14850017
No, Shiro coincidentally died of Malaria.
>>
>>14846146
>hur hur
>only plebs don't watch gundam in order of production
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.