[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GUNPLA/PLAMO GENERAL: Shitpost Butterfly Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 387
Thread images: 91

File: gpg.png (1MB, 718x960px) Image search: [Google]
gpg.png
1MB, 718x960px
***READ THE GUIDE***

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1Tr8UyF2Xg5Ojqw0sxcO7oIG7IIsJPes3lMO5pHZKu5o

***READ THE GUIDE***

DO NOT REPLY TO SHITPOST-KUN POSTS
DO NOT POST IN SHITPOST-KUN THREADS
DO NOT BE A NEEDY TRIPFAGGOT

For those new to gunpla/plamo or even just new to this thread; please read the guide. Please read it before asking questions, as there is a chance it has already been answered there.
For those unfamiliar, "plamo" is a shortened form of "plastic model". If it's made of plastic, someone can probably help you here!
If you're new, you're gonna fuck up. Don't worry! If you're experienced, don't make the new people worry!
>Why won't anyone answer my question?
Try being specific, especially about your materials and process. Post pictures whenever possible; even if the kit/part looks bad, you are more likely to get help posting pictures.

>Links
A guide to other types of plamo:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/1vf1aw7v91pz5pa/Airfix%20Model%20World%20Specia%20-By-Step
Kawaguchi Gunpla tips:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJV1h9xQ7Hx-SoCOivVEHNDOl16VWLB3A
Gundam Lineart:
http://seesaawiki.jp/nuriesozai/lite/d/MenuBar1
https://gundma.imgur.com/
Another gunpla guide:
http://funakatown.com/images/Building_Gunpla_Final.pdf

October Restock: http://bandai-hobby.net/site/schedule_images/nouhin.pdf (untranslated)

>IRC Channel
>Server
Rizon
>Channel
#gunpla

Old Thread: >>14835151
>>
File: Fa-010s.jpg (197KB, 376x476px) Image search: [Google]
Fa-010s.jpg
197KB, 376x476px
How is there no HGUC Full Armor ZZ/FAZZ yet?
>>
More PGs when?
Are PGs discontinued or something?
>>
>>14846134

The ZZ and its derivatives get very little love as it is, and the FAZZ probably doesn't have enough of a following to justify the excessive extra plastic it would require. It'd be quite a hard sell, I think, given it would be rather expensive HG-wise.

Now that the ZZ won the Ver Ka contest, though, we may be seeing some renewed interest in the future.
>>
File: wsc-at.jpg (384KB, 800x663px) Image search: [Google]
wsc-at.jpg
384KB, 800x663px
I know there are plastic kits out there, but what's a good FSS resin kit I could jump into? From what I've heard all the plastic kits are just as hard to build as the resin ones, and the resin ones have more variety too.

I'm looking at GK Hobby recasts right now and they all look nice and affordable, but the selection they have is too small, so is there a better alternative that isn't E2046?
>>
>>14846135
PGs tend to only be developed for things that are sure-fire sellers, since it's a big investment to make. Nothing that's fresh in the fandom's mind really meets that at the moment, my money would have been on the Barbatos (current series, Lupus is a baller design, requires less plastic than the average mobile suit) but the Hi-Def kit sold like baked shit so I wouldn't count on it anymore.

We'll see how IBO goes. I kind of enjoy it but recognise its many problems, and in the admittedly unlikely event that it pulled itself together into a broadly liked show overall I could see a PG Barbatos with parts for the Lupus being a thing.
>>
>>14846135
What does it matter, PG's have nothing new to offer that MG and RG can't do.
>>
>>14846134
>no HGUC Full Armor ZZ/FAZZ yet?

I'm surprised Bandai didn't pull a P-Bandai release with the FAZZ, like they are doing with the C1 Zetaplus.

They already have the base HGUC ZZ kit, all they need to do is make the FA armor and the BFG
>>
Full Armor makes any Gundam better.
Bandai should just release Full Armor Option Kits for every Gundam.
>>
>>14846148
PGs are center piece kits.
That is something MGs and RGs can't do well
>>
>>14846148
Have you built any PG's?

Admittedly I've only built the Unicorn, which yes, does feel like a hueg MG, but I have an Mk.II in the backlog and holy shit, the RG may look better but it can't hold a candle to the PG.
>>
>Unicorn with LEDs
Can the PG Unicorn be made in Unicorn mode and not Destroy mode?
>>
>>14846181
Yes, you can freely transform it.
>>
>>14846140
They bungled the marketing for Hi-Res Barbatos, though. Hardly anyone even knows about it, and those that do probably think it's just an "extra finish" version of the 1/100.

But if you release a "PG Barbatos" everyone instantly knows what you mean.
>>
>>14846183
Neat. When you say freely, is it a significant amount of effort changing out pieces or is it actually so free that I can assemble the kit, rig up the LEDs and then just slide it back into Unicorn mode for regular display?
>>
>>14846189
I doubt they'll do a PG until IBO ends, the HGs sell like hotcakes, but I'm not sure on the 1/100 NGs.
>>
>>14846190
Well, check Dalong for the manual to be sure, but there's no parts changing, it's all just sliding and popping things into place, and it's kind of easy, except some stuff can snap, gotta be very careful. You assemble it and put the LEDs in during or after assembly, and it's no hinderance.
>>
>>14846201
Yeah, HLJ has a video I'm watching. Looks pretty cool, $400~ is a lot to justify but I'll probably end up getting one because it'd make a gorgeous centerpiece.
>>
>>14846201
Honestly the only issue I ever have with it is the side panels on the head popping off and the Vfin being a bit hard to get positioned correctly to slide forward. Other than that it's fine, just some parts feel/sound like they'll break.
>>
>>14846208
If you do commit, spring for the aftermarket clear psycho frame so you can run different color LED lights on a toggle.
>>
File: IronGundam_01_2-490x276[1].jpg (31KB, 490x276px) Image search: [Google]
IronGundam_01_2-490x276[1].jpg
31KB, 490x276px
>>14846130
>***READ THE GUIDE***
>DO NOT REPLY TO SHITPOST-KUN POSTS
>DO NOT POST IN SHITPOST-KUN THREADS
>DO NOT BE A NEEDY TRIPFAGGOT

Maximum kek
>>
Where's the PG Sinanju so my PG Unicorn can fight against Full Facial?
>>
File: stuck on the boat.jpg (37KB, 283x343px) Image search: [Google]
stuck on the boat.jpg
37KB, 283x343px
>one month for Barbados Form 6 to arrive by post
>>
>>14846280
I could drive for a few minutes and pick one up just to rub it in your face but I won't. 1/100 or HG?
>>
Wait, is the group build over? I thought we had till the end of the month?
>>
>>14846282
1/100.
>>
>>14846270
I think you mean Half Facial
>>
File: 51u3fAC0ZtL._SY400_.jpg (56KB, 500x316px) Image search: [Google]
51u3fAC0ZtL._SY400_.jpg
56KB, 500x316px
So I just finished the build for this guy. Got than panel lining done and seam welded. I weathered it too. For the decals I want it to look like some kid found it and did a shitty job spread painting them on. Any suggestions on how to get that look? I tried hand painting but I can't really get that rough texture.
>>
>>14846344
>I want it to look like ass
No you're just covering for skill. Nobody wants their mech to look bad on purpose unless it's a joke. Why waste the effort?
>>
>>14846354
>Unless it's a joke
Fuck, that reminds me I wanted to mash up a Dom and the F2000 in to the most debilitatingly-ugly-to-look-at monstrosity ever.
>>
>>14846354
He doesn't mean a kid found the model, he means graffiti on a mobile suit.
>>
>>14846354
I want it to look like it was scrapped and some kid found it
>>
>>14846379
Thank you
>>
== ACE PILOT GROUP BUILD ==

Starting September 1st, you have two months to build, customize, and paint a mobile suit of your choice into your own personal design. This can range from just a repainted Zaku to a kitbashed Gundam loaded with any spare rifles and Rocket Launchers you can find. Any suit from any series is fair game, just stick to 1/144 kits and you're good. When you're done feel free to post it in the thread, but also send pics to [email protected] so that all the entries can be judged/posted at once when the group build is over (If you don't want to be judged for the contest just feel free to mention it when you send in your pics).

Prizes include:
>1st Place: Any HG kit under $25 + an Action Base 2
>2nd Place: Any HG kit under $15
>3rd Place: An Action Base 2
(Note: Shipping is to USA and Canada only)

Group build ends on October 31st, lets gunpla!

(Strawpoll for possible week extension, voting ends after this thread www.strawpoll.me/11428916/)
>>
>>14846394
Do you guys archive the entries somewhere ?
I'd like to see how past contests panned out.
>>
>>14846280
>Barbados
Someone should make a pirate Barbatos already, with a pegleg and beard.
>>
File: 1476714537349.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1476714537349.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Another hugbox aside, whats everyone working on right now?
>>
>>14846584
I want to see someone having made a Gump first.
>>
>>14846601
Primed my Origin Zaku II today, planning on giving it desert colors and adding paint splotches and posing it with my Powered GM. 0083 the best
>>
>>14846610

Gelgoog was supposed to have been primed already but I ran out of primer. Got some on order and an extra kit.
>>
>>14846624
Nice
>>
>>14846601
Hopefully starting the mg jesta today
>>
Hey friends, tried to get into gunpla a year ago, built 3 kits, MGs were definitely the most fun to build, but it was very basic, no top coats or panel lining, just the kit, not even the stickers.

I want to get back into building gunpla, I have a RG Zaku II Charr version laying around, but my bigger concern has been making sure the build comes out ok. Everytime I've built a kit, I get obsessive and spend 5-6 hours in one sitting completing it and now my bigger question is what is your process for building gunpla? I just go step by step in the instruction manual, slicing parts and putting them in, but I end up with a lot of nubs that I cant seem to shave down. Whats the process for applying a top coat? And how do you reach a good medium for panel lining? Mine is either nonexistant or way too dark.
>>
>>14846708
For nubs, do you nip them a few centimeters away from the peice or directly on? Direct pressure on the part gives some nasty stress nubs.
>>
>>14846708
HI and welcome to the community! I'm by no means an expert but I have slightly more experience and hopefully I can help. My process for building a kit is laying out all of the runners and going through step by step and building it. Get a good pair of nippers, exacto knife and personally I like using files instead of sandpaper. To cut a piece out use the nippers and cut far away from the piece once and a bit closer to the pice for the second cut. Use an exacto knife if you can to remove the big nub. Then use sand paper or a file to get rid of the remaining nub. If done correctly you should see any marks or very little marks. Do this to each piece before assembling the part because nubs can affect how well they go together. For panel lining there's panel washing where you take the color you want and a fuck ton of paint thinner. You stick a small brush in it and touch it to where you want to panel line and the paint just fills up the line. I haven't done top costing yet because I'm currently in a dorm and have no place to spray paint. Definitely get an airbrush though for painting. If you're doing a mg you can find water slide version of the decals for most kits and the look way better than stickers and are fairly easy to put on. You can find those on amazon from any range between 5 and 20 (although some kits like the sinanju mg cost 65 just for the decals). Put the top coat on after the decals to help theme stay on
>>
File: IMG_1440.jpg (292KB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1440.jpg
292KB, 2400x1600px
>>14846553
This is the first one /m/'s done in a while, and they weren't really organized all too great/cataloged anywhere. The ones on /toy/ are posted here though (Pic related is my entry from the GM group build

https://gelgoogguy.wordpress.com/
>>
>>14846708
>>14846711
Pretty sure this is covered in the guide, but

Nubs: Snip far away, trim, then sand
Topcoat: Spray head, limbs, and torso separably, with male-female sockets masked off. Alternative, spray each piece separately and then assemble. Also see falldog's guide
Panel lining: If using markers: black for dark colours, browns for reds, grey for light colours. Line, then go over with a q-tip to get any excess ink after a minute or two. Repeat if necessary. If doing panel wash, youtube videos will do a better job explaining than I can.
>>
File: turnag2.jpg (2MB, 2464x3752px) Image search: [Google]
turnag2.jpg
2MB, 2464x3752px
My panel lines are looking pretty good now on actual grooves, but does anyone have any tips for making them look good when trying to line in a spot that's just a raised ridge and not an actual groove? They always end up being either way too huge and smudgy, or mostly nonexistent from the Q-tip pulling too much of the ink off

Like HG Turn A's shin region just has ridges going down it instead of full double-walled grooves, but you need panel lines there for it to look right, and mine just ended up looking like shit, gonna have to touch them up again later
>>
>>14846344
Try making a small card stock template with a sticker. This should give a sort of stencil effect with a spray can..
>>
>>14846711
>>14846740

I just have a little hobby knife and I kind of shave twice and then saw the last part off, but I always get some kind of mark leftover, especially when sanding.

My bigger concern is the pre-build stuff. One friend that does a lot of good stuff told me they lay out all their pieces, trim them, and get them ready for paint all before they assemble and I'm just assuming I'm doing things wrong.

>>14846733
Yeah thats probably where I'm fucking up. I would snip twice, and then just asemble and worry about nubs later.
>>
Anyone know if I can equip the RG aile pack to the RG freedom? Not a wing guy.
>>
>>14846739
What's the base model for that?
>>
>>14846801
Powered GM.
>>
>>14846739
why did you only partially panel line that?
>>
>>14846806
Really? The rest of it doesn't look nearly as old. Neat.
>>
File: IMG_1446.jpg (241KB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1446.jpg
241KB, 2400x1600px
>>14846801
Powered GM Cardigan torso with the rest coming from a GM Type C. Rifle and missiles were from the EZ-SR Backpack.

>>14846809
Other than the head I actually didn't panel line it. I probably should get on that come to think of it
>>
>>14846817
Neat, are the Powered/Cardigan's chest just compatible by default with the other limbs, or did you need to do some extra modifications?
Never owned either model
>>
>>14846772
Get Tamiya hobby swaba, they're stiff and sharp and let you be more accurate.
>>
>>14846270
PG Neo Zeong when
>>
>>14846899
What do you want a human-sized Neo Zeong for? It can't love you back.
>>
>>14846601
Gonna be spray painting the Graze Ritter white to make a Templar Graze.
>>
>>14846905
Wouldn't it be over 5-6 feet?
That's taller than the average female
>>
>>14846921
Googling tells me the Neo Zeong is 116 meters tall. In 1/60 that would be 1.93 meters, so over easily 6 ft.
>>
File: 1410929586684.jpg (67KB, 783x520px) Image search: [Google]
1410929586684.jpg
67KB, 783x520px
>>14846921
>>
>>14846955
Oh shit, they're remaking the F90? It doesn't look like it's compatible with the old parts, but hey.
>>
>>14846130

>fucking up the OP with your autism
>>
>>14846976
No you fucking idiot, it's old-ass spam.
>>
>>14846978
Between this and that F90 my dick is harder than Phase Shift.
>>
>>14846982
put on the trip snap shit
>>
>>14846932
So it's big enough to dress up?
I'd kill to do that.
>>
>>14846920
>filename
uhhh...
>>
>>14847048
>>14846990
>falling for old ass bait
>>
>>14846135
The wait between the Pg strike and the pg red frame was like 5 years and the wait between the pg strike freedom and the unicorn was 4 years.

Wait another 5 years before you call the pg line dead.
>>
>>14846817
doing the panel lining on some of the blue parts may look good in the same colour you sorta panel lined the feet in(the metalic grey colour). i kind of want to see how it would look.
>>
>>14846135
PG Releases have always been sparse and in-between asides from the early years where they were about 4-5 months apart, and even then it became a yearly thing around the time of the GP01/Strike.

This isn't comparable to the faltering of the MG line, where it goes from ~9-13 new regular releases a year to three regular releases a year (But 19 P-Bandai exclusive MGs in 2016 alone)
>>
File: IMG_1447.png (1008KB, 1524x1473px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1447.png
1008KB, 1524x1473px
So I am planning to make a sd size of arsene (picture). Do you guys have any thoughts what kit I can use as a base? I could only think of sd legilis.
>>
>>14847188
The O's head could work.
>>
So will the RE Bawoo's MP colors be normal release, not at all, or P-Bandai?

My money's on P-Bandai
>>
>>14847243

>HG MP bawoo is P-bandai
>Efreet variant was P-bandai

I mean
>>
>>14847243

Efreet Schneid was P-Bandai and that required them to mold some shit and make stickers. MP Bawoo is literally Bawoo with less.

It will be P-Bandai for sure.
>>
>>14847251
HG MP Bawoo is a normal release actually. You're thinking of the ReBawoo.
>>14847253
Don't you just love how much sense that makes? Making the mass-production version that people might actually WANT to get multiples of and making it P-Bandai?
>>
>>14847261

Yeah, it is not like Glemmy is even a popular character. It's genuinely baffling.
>>
>>14846137
Is there something wrong with E2046? That's where I get all my resin kits from and lately I've been hearing people say to avoid them but why?
>>
>>14847278

Poor quality in general and inconsistent quality. Some tell me they've gotten better, but others say they are still shit.
>>
>>14847270
I bet it's because of the red Char colors.

Sucks, too, I really fucking love the Bawoo.
>>
>>14847278
I got a mazinkaiser resin kit from them and it was fine.
>>
File: siren f.jpg (274KB, 684x831px) Image search: [Google]
siren f.jpg
274KB, 684x831px
>>14846137
No man, the Volks plamo are excellent. Great parts separation and fairly easy to put together. The newer releases are almost Bandai-tier in how easy they are to put together. Prices are pretty much the same as any resin recaster too.

If you really want some resins, get the designs that don't have Volks plastic models yet, or the ones in 1/144 which barely have any decent plamo. Check out GK Hobby and GK Model, GK Hobby is a bit more expensive but they have more variety and generally higher quality casts.

My personal recommendation is GK Model's 1/144 Siren F. Extremely detailed, pretty easy to pin together, not much masking is needed, is roughly the size of an MG Wing kit, and costs like only $60 shipped. It's an Aida A+ recast too which means that the quality is like almost identical to the original. It's also one of those older more obscure FSS designs that Volks will likely never make a kit of.

http://toyspress.co.jp/tani/01-sierenf/01.htm

>>14847278
E2046 is consistently terrible, their casts are usually deformed/warped and the resin they use smells like dead skin. This is especially noticeable for kits with complex surface details like FSS or all those Makoto Kobayashi kits. The only reason to even buy from them is that they have a wide variety of kits and are fairly cheap- but you get what you pay for.
>>
>>14847328
>GK Hobby is a bit more expensive but they have more variety and generally higher quality casts.

GK Model, I meant.
>>
>>14846962
That exists officially now.
>>
File: DSCN0260.jpg (1MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0260.jpg
1MB, 2816x2112px
>>14846601
This zaku. Gave it a pilebunker. Im gonna give it a back mounted missile barrage as well.
>>
>>14847328
Why is Nagano so insistent on making all his designs into expensive and hard to put together GKs? Bandai could have easily made this a plastic kit.
>>
File: 1017161714.png (1MB, 821x822px) Image search: [Google]
1017161714.png
1MB, 821x822px
Finished painting my first custom. Zaku I sniper sans the backpack, since I'm not a fan of it. Probably going to cover the hole up with plaplate as my first foray into that.
>>
>>14847457
I would have seam welded the shoulders and head, but other than that, looks pretty good
>>
File: 20161017_151024.jpg (3MB, 2002x2305px) Image search: [Google]
20161017_151024.jpg
3MB, 2002x2305px
>>14846601
Snapped together a MG Accguy

Trying to decide on posing and things. Maybe get him beating up R79 GM
>>
File: IMG_7447.jpg (391KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7447.jpg
391KB, 1200x1600px
>>14846601
resin stuff
>>
>>14847261
>That moment when you get upgraded from a potential Revive kit to a full on RE/100 kit
>>
File: 1.jpg (546KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
546KB, 1024x768px
oh look, my barbatos is 初回限定同梱
>>
>>14847685
>Revolver_Jegan
>Implying he would come back to this shithole without being anonymous
>>
File: 2.jpg (663KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
663KB, 1024x768px
>>14847741

just a bunch of printed leaflets and two arcade cards
>>
>>14847251
>>14847270
The red version has the most screen time and most relevance in the series. The mp version mostly just shows up in the background of the civil war at the end iirc.
>>
>>14846958
omg is this real??
>>
>>14847428
You the fucker that put spikes on both shoulders?
>>
>>14847505
HE'S SO BIG
>>
>>14847911
For you.
>>
>>14847916
Your plan, of course, what's next, crashing plane.
There, now fuck off Snapshit.
>>
Have you ever given up building a kit out of boredom? What was it?
>>
>>14847924
I haven't been building as of late because I was building kits at the rate of one a week. Burned me out a little bit but I'll be back.
>>
>>14847919
No fear, wreckage brother, fire, rises.

There now it's done.
>>
>>14847868
as real as your wit
>>
>>14847924
I've got an RG Destiny that I bought when I watched through Try and thought it was a sweet suit with cool gimmicks and a good battle, but right now I can't be arsed to build it.

Maybe once I get better I'll go at it.
>>
File: Char.gif (142KB, 472x640px) Image search: [Google]
Char.gif
142KB, 472x640px
>>14847916
Nobody knew who I was until I put on the mask
>>
>>14847906
No, that sounds pretty cool though.
>>
>>14847752
Who is Revolver Jegan? Another one of snap's friends?
>>
File: sticker mask test.jpg (224KB, 500x618px) Image search: [Google]
sticker mask test.jpg
224KB, 500x618px
operation sticker mask was a resounding success, prepare for MSV stripes

>>14848033
he's been around longer than snap by far
>>
>>14846934
>>14846932
>>14846921
>>14846905
>>14846899
Does anyone in Singapore want to sell their HG Neo Zeong? Hell, I'll take one, my last resorts are Mandarake and HLJ.
>>
>>14847924
I don't really feel like putting this bootleg Infinite Justice together. WHich is a shame because I like the kit.
>>
>>14848133
Why a bootleg? It has an MG. i might be interested in this
>>
>>14848205
Yeah, it's a Gaogao MG Infinite Justice. The thing is that I'm 80% through it but the crap bootleg molding is starting to wear on me. I'm honestly wondering if I should just buy a proper MG instead, because the rest of it is great even though the plastic and part quality isn't.
>>
File: 2016-10-17 19.34.39.jpg (2MB, 2261x1271px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-17 19.34.39.jpg
2MB, 2261x1271px
Is it typical for older MG's to be a bit flimsy in places? My Kampfer's right knee is floppy.

Also post thicc mobile suits
>>
>>14848285

Post a pic.
>>
File: 7.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>14848294

Zeon fat best fat
>>
>>14848294
>s it typical for older MG's to be a bit flimsy in places?
You mean they STOPPED being flimsy and floppy at some point?

The entire reason I stopped building and haven't touched an MG for like ten years is because the arms never held up their own weapons and the legs were always bending at the knee under their own weight.
>>
>>14848317
if you havent built an mg in 10 years how would you know anything about them besides hear say?
>>
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
BANDAI WERE IS MY GOLD SUMO MG, ILL EVEN SUCK KATOKI'S DICK AND PAY P BANDAI PRICE
>>
>>14848317

They have gotten better in the past decade.
>>
>>14848061
sticker mask?
>>
>>14848446
I'm assuming that he masked the piece such that when he painted it, it looks like the sticker that comes with the kit.

Hence, sticker mask
>>
>>14848479
He painted the piece the color of the sticker, put on the sticker he meant to mimick, and then painted it the proper color using the actual sticker as the masking tape
>>
>>14848446
>>14848479

I used the sticker like masking tape so it looks like the sticker, but is painted
>>
>>14848479

honey, I shrunk the zaku

ba dum tsh
>>
File: char what are you doing here.jpg (291KB, 1103x779px) Image search: [Google]
char what are you doing here.jpg
291KB, 1103x779px
>>14848493
>>14848491
Haha, noice.
>mfw thinking about all the cool shit I want to with painting my gunpla once I get all the proper gear together in a couple years, most likely
>>
(Repost)

I'm selling/trading away a MG Sinanju Ver. Ka. Only thing missing is the beam rifle, but everything else is still sealed up. I'm up for offers, but I'm looking for mostly is a Zaku II 2.0 or a MG Gelgoog.

E-mail's: [email protected]
>>
Between HGUC Zaku II and the 08th MS team J-type, which would be preferable to build?

in b4 repainting Origin or getting RG

Also, besides Beargguys, what kits would be alright for a first-time handpainting challenge? in b4 Draken-E from the GM Sniper II kit
>>
>>14848536

If you want to paint get some IBO kit. 10 bucks, half the kit is frame so you just have to paint already separated armor parts, shit is easy as fuck.

Also the HGUC Zaku II is really old and bad, get the newer one. If you are that lazy get the Zaku + Big Gun Thunderbolt kit and just not build the big gun.
>>
>>14848549

>If you are that lazy get the Zaku + Big Gun Thunderbolt kit and just not build the big gun.

what the fuck is this terrible advice, pay 40 dollars for an HG zaku?
>>
File: mg97_175.jpg (104KB, 700x517px) Image search: [Google]
mg97_175.jpg
104KB, 700x517px
post spacefriends
>>
File: this hurts you.jpg (94KB, 646x550px) Image search: [Google]
this hurts you.jpg
94KB, 646x550px
>>14848725
Zaku II 2.0 is best boy
>>
File: 20161016_205153_001.jpg (1006KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161016_205153_001.jpg
1006KB, 3264x1836px
>>14848732
high mobility zaku is best zaku.
>>
How badly has the HG Z'gok aged?
>>
>>14848748
the rg exists. just get that.
>>
File: 1476451411663.gif (467KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
1476451411663.gif
467KB, 550x400px
>>14848752
>All those greebly details
>RGs in general

You jest.
>>
>>14848757
Put your fucking trip back on snapshit. I can't filter you if you don't.
>>
>>14848759

likewise, airbrush
>>
File: I did a dream.jpg (27KB, 624x480px) Image search: [Google]
I did a dream.jpg
27KB, 624x480px
>>14848759
I just prefer the simplicity of the original Z'gok.
>>
>>14846601
Figuring out a color scheme for a Barbatos and how to do the LEDs
>>
>>14847457
If I remember right standard zaku backpack could work on it easily. Then just make the normal zaku a mobile worker as it has no need for thrusters.
>>
>>14848725
Being 1995 MG Zaku II is suffering.
>>
>>14848033
No. I was Gunpla Satan.
>>
>>14847911
he's really big. Makes the Gelgoog look he's been dieting and the Gelgoog makes GMs look Auschwitz mode
>>
>>14848725
>tfw you dont have a zaku yet

trying to decide if I should get the captured Earth aggressor unit zaku MG
>>
mg gn-x restock when
>>
>>14849202
Some time this month i guess.
Don't think there is enough to go around tho.
>>
>>14848768
that doesnt make any sense anon
>>
>>14848779
then you should be worried about the quality of the hg, if you prefer simplicity.
>>
>>14848732

What's with japanese kids putting their fingers up one another's asses?
>>
>>14849315
It's a joke.
Don't tell me your friends didn't do that. Once I even sucked one guy off as a joke. He was so embarrassed lol.
>>
>>14849316
>>14849315

Yeah once me and a friend also spitroasted a nerd behind the school as a joke. No homo.
>>
File: sangokuden chou sen qubeley.jpg (620KB, 749x975px) Image search: [Google]
sangokuden chou sen qubeley.jpg
620KB, 749x975px
Anyone have any idea where I can get my hands on this?

Or any version of this? Bootleg, resin, I don't care.
>>
>>14849316
>>14849319

I remember one time as a joke I let this gay dude fuck me in the ass. He was totally embarrassed when I told him I'm actually straight.
>>
>>14849321

Probably Taobao or something, if you can't get it there all is lost.

Also on this note
>Sonshouko Gerbera now 70 dollars on Amazon

The thirst is real.
>>
>>14849097
Get the blue one if the green one isn't to your liking
>>
File: received_1654861438137647.jpg (41KB, 666x1184px) Image search: [Google]
received_1654861438137647.jpg
41KB, 666x1184px
Out of my way, im here to party!
>>
File: received_1654861304804327.jpg (54KB, 666x1184px) Image search: [Google]
received_1654861304804327.jpg
54KB, 666x1184px
>>14849389
>>
>>14849087
He'll be in the household come Christmas
>>
>>14849389
>>14849393
star wars shit doesn't belong in this thread
>>
File: 1469635942022.jpg (39KB, 475x318px) Image search: [Google]
1469635942022.jpg
39KB, 475x318px
>>14849459
are you what they call an "ironic retard"
>>
>>14847868
i hope so
>>
File: van artist.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
van artist.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>14849463
I call myself a performance artist
>>
>>14849389
I've always wanted to get like 10 of the HG 2-ball kits and just have an army of testiclebots take up their own shelf
>>
>>14848519
Would you ship it to Canada?
>>
Epic return of shitposters
@14849531
>>
>>14849468
Fuck you
>>
Why is the Dijeh more expensive than other RE/100s? Is there something special about it? Does it come with more shit? Does it have some hidden extreme amount of plastic?
>>
>>14849579
Cause they know it's the best.
>>
>>14849579
It's not?
>>
>>14848536
J-type is newer and looks better imo
For hand-painting, hi-mock or literally any other cheap kit
>>
>>14848536
>in b4 Draken-E
K9 from GM Sniper K9 kit.
>>
@14849655
Here's your (You) :D
>>
>>14848725
How are the 0083 MG Zakus? As badly dated as the original MG?
>>
>>14849783
Not bad, but still completely outclassed by the 2.0
>>
File: kbyp-149_0.jpg (50KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
kbyp-149_0.jpg
50KB, 600x450px
Has anyone used the HIPS Joints II from Kotobukiya? Do they fit on 1/144 kits?

Was thinking of getting some to give better articulation to some of my other kits.
>>
File: cutiecomplete1.jpg (374KB, 1200x866px) Image search: [Google]
cutiecomplete1.jpg
374KB, 1200x866px
>>14849382

worth
>>
>>14849895
>Tfw I just want Guan Yu
>>
File: Kakouton Giros Sangokuden.jpg (70KB, 600x563px) Image search: [Google]
Kakouton Giros Sangokuden.jpg
70KB, 600x563px
>>14849950

They are fun designs, but a ton of work to paint nicely. In general I would rather spend the time on something I could do more plastic work on and less paint work. I always liked pic but realize I will never like it enough to justify the time.
>>
File: outdoor1.jpg (532KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
outdoor1.jpg
532KB, 1024x768px
>>14849994

吴国 a best
>>
>>14850088
>Literally Wu
>>
>>14849410
More like he'll become the household, amirite?
>>
Are there any kits other than the Alex and GM Cardigan that have those hidden forearm guns? I was thinking of doing a up armored GM Custom or Type C and want to bolt a bunch of guns to it.
>>
>>14850130
Pretty sure there are builder parts that fit what you need.
>>
File: 20161018_171658.jpg (486KB, 2988x3984px) Image search: [Google]
20161018_171658.jpg
486KB, 2988x3984px
>>14846601
This monstrosity of a kitbash
>>
>>14850130
Dreissen
>>
File: ij.jpg (172KB, 577x864px) Image search: [Google]
ij.jpg
172KB, 577x864px
>>14847437
Because Bandai's mecha model kit philosophy is to go off-model from the lineart in favor of adding more gimmicks and articulation instead of being an actual representation of the original design. Just look at the Hyaku Shiki 2.0, it's a totally different design than the original lineart. They use the original design as a reference note, not a base.
>>
>>14850130

you can just grab the bf custom kit for forearm gatlings

http://www.dalong.net/review/bf/bc14/bc14_i.htm
>>
>>14850134
Gusion MK. II in AEUG colors?

That's actually super cool. It's almost like if all the Zeta suits followed the design philosophy of the Lightning Zeta.
>>
>>14850149
Yeah that's kinda where Im at right now, I'm just deciding on legs and shoulders, whether or not I should keep it as is before I paint
>>
>>14850142
They also go off-model in order to make space for their PC joints.
>>
>>14850182

they also go off model because it makes releases a lot more interesting, and they are fictional so there is no true version to replicate
>>
File: hg-ibo-vidar-1-300x300.jpg (20KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
hg-ibo-vidar-1-300x300.jpg
20KB, 300x300px
Anyone know of a place that sells kits in new Brunswick? Or even Bangor?
>>
They also make kits skinnier or fatter at will. Sometimes it works. Sometimes not.
>>
File: hsgk_kog.jpg (234KB, 733x667px) Image search: [Google]
hsgk_kog.jpg
234KB, 733x667px
>>14850142
I don't really see what's wrong with that for FSS models. They deviate just as much from the lineart too. The original design for this has different proportions and no heels.
>>
>>14850142
That green accents looks pretty cool, too bad I hate SEED and most SEED designs with a passion. Maybe I'll do something like it for a GN Archer or something.
>>
File: kog-lineart.jpg (161KB, 396x660px) Image search: [Google]
kog-lineart.jpg
161KB, 396x660px
>>14850221
For comparison. Really no different than how Bandai modifies all of Okawara's original drawings.
>>
File: m190_104.jpg (63KB, 559x600px) Image search: [Google]
m190_104.jpg
63KB, 559x600px
>>14850221
Maybe they do, but since they're all static kits the intent isn't to turn them into yoga models like Bandai kits. So many Gunpla "modellers" bitch and whine when a kit's knees don't go 180 or can't do full splits. Just look at the Origin MG, so many people are praising it as the best MG EVAR just because of how well it poses, nevermind how it looks almost nothing like the original design and has pathetic amount of actual mechanical detail.
>>
>>14850250

How much mechanical detail do you expect from Grandpa Gundam?
>>
File: m111_133.jpg (74KB, 393x700px) Image search: [Google]
m111_133.jpg
74KB, 393x700px
>>14850251
Back when Bandai still cared about details.
>>
>>14850254

But you're never going to see that shit.
>>
>>14850256
Then stop buying MGs and go build some HGs.
>>
>>14850250
>nevermind how it looks almost nothing like the original design

To clarify, I meant that the proportions are all fucked up because Bandai wants this kit to be able to pose like a stripper.
>>
>>14850261

So let me get this straight, your problem is that Bandai would rather concentrate on letting you pose your kit with more freedom rather than focusing on adding detail to shit you're never going to see?
>>
>>14850266
My problem is that Bandai is more focused on making their kits more like toys than actual models, yes.
>>
>>14850269

Do you also get upset that the average 1/35 tank model which costs as much as an MG and often more doesn't have realistic reproductions of the tank cabin or a fully modeled engine?
>>
>>14850275
Not really, considering most of them make a decent attempt at replicating those kinds of details. The only reason MGs even have frames anymore is to give them more structural stability when they're being manhandled like toys.
>>
>>14850207
Nah man you're fucked
>>
What do you guys think of having a Handpainting Challenge (sans masking/decals/primer/topcoat) for the next group build topic, maybe?
>>
>>14850463

How about no.
>>
>>14850464

don't be retarded
>>
>>14850134
It looked better with the Astaroth head
>>
>>14850519
Yeahhhh, I'm still farming around with it, I prefer the mk 2 design. But the astaroth fits better
>>
>>14850463

i remember there was some sort of no-paint challenge where japs sanded/polished gunpla pieces into different textures,

i still have yet to see a CNC router working on gunpla customization

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAEvmUsHtc8
>>
>>14850641

I think 3D printers and other programmable machines like CNC will/could give good results, but take away some of the skill behind making things. It's inevitable but lame.
>>
>>14850840
>implying regular scale modellers would ever allow this to take over their hobby

Also, the problem with technology like that is getting a high enough resolution, and that they take a lot more material (and therefore higher costs)
>>
>>14850840
>>14850867
>>14850641

CNC does seem to be too big of an investment for the average modeler
3D printing on the other hand is relatively more affordable and ive heard of of people already using it for making custom parts
>>
>>14850641
POM is one of the few plastics that won't deform/fracture or melt during the process. It's difficult to glue
>>
>>14850891
If you're 3D printing parts, your going to need putty and sandpaper. The surface of 3D printed stuff is rarely smooth, and as I've pointed out before, the printer usually lacks the resolution for fine details. Not saying that you couldn't get good results from a 3D printer, but the time spent on modelling, printing, and then perfecting the piece might be more than the time to just build it from scratch
>>
>>14850287
Frames are counterproductive for manhandling. Less parts = more solid. That's why old HGUCs are more solid than new MGs.

The frame is for parts separation for painting and for scratchbuilders to have something to build onto so they can have a custom shape that isn't always bulkier than the original (see resin convo kits). You're a scrub, so you probably don't understand it anyway.
>>
File: cnc.jpg (843KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cnc.jpg
843KB, 1600x1200px
>>14850891

actually they are just the same, i think our current gunpla molds are already fabricated with some sort of cncs type machinery.

but hell, as a humble owner of a simple 3 axis cnc miller, shit ain't easy like building gunpla. rhinoceros + grasshopper + rhinocam + shitload of plugins.
>>
ok, I'll be blunt here

I want to host an event for my college anime club, an event where in by people would assemble and paint their own Gundam Models.

is it possible to pick up 30-40 models, at under 2000yen a piece?
>>
>>14850941
yeah, there's a boatload of models for much less than that, and if you go older you can get some for as cheap as 500 yen, maybe even less
>>
>>14850941

Are you in the US?
>>
>>14850941

There are Petit Bearguys.
>>
>>14850926

doubt you'd need putties in 3d printing as the printer already takes care of molding the basic form/shape of the part

also consistent results when making multiple and mirror copies of a part along with the ability to print multiple copies in one go is going to cut the work time significantly
>>
>>14850949
yes
>>
>>14850975
go to hlj, search just gundam, then filter to 0-2000 yen, or whatever, and there's over 400 kits to choose from, ranging from stuff that came out this year to stuff that came out decades ago. take your pick, although i can't say what shipping will be like on an order that big
>>
>>14851008
>>14850941

once the big zam is mass produced...
>>
>>14850964
The reason I say putty is because of inconsistent surface texture. You do have a point about multiple copies/mirrors however
>>
>>14850941
Go for Victory era kits, they're pretty good for how cheap they are.
That, or Revive RX-78-2s.
>>
>>14850930
Old HGUCs are more solid because almost nothing moves. They're bricks. MGs nowadays are designed for action gimmicks and posing. Try making something like the MG Gundam 3.0 without an inner frame and see how quickly it explodes in your hands.
>>
>>14848296
The head parts are shittily molded and don't fit together properly. Flash everywhere and I have to sand and cut much more than with a bandai kit.
>>
File: 20161018_210829-1.jpg (441KB, 1694x1714px) Image search: [Google]
20161018_210829-1.jpg
441KB, 1694x1714px
>>14851134
Derp forgot mah pic.
>>
File: 20161018_210929-1.jpg (860KB, 1936x2582px) Image search: [Google]
20161018_210929-1.jpg
860KB, 1936x2582px
>>14851138
The v fin also falls out constantly and so does the left shoulder joint.

The Fatum-01 won't assemble properly due to peg-slot misalignment and the back of the leg has pretty bad molding which looks like it melted lower down.
>>
>>14851138
>>14851148
Why does the plastic look so rubbery?
Also, you still never answered why you got the bootleg of this when there exists an official one.
WHY
>>
>>14850975

it might be worth contacting bluefin if you are ordering that many kits
>>
File: P1320902.jpg (436KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
P1320902.jpg
436KB, 2048x1536px
>>14851138
>>14851148
looks terrible desu
I'm also building the MG Infinite Justice, while it is not a bad kit per se, going into this right after the Freedom 2.0 just really shows how much bandai has improved in terms of engineering these things
>>
>>14851213

Maybe it was really cheap.
>>
>>14849382
what? It should only be like 25 bucks.
>>
>>14851226
But he's already said he's considering just buying the Bandai kit. He obviously has the dosh.
>>
>>14851224
I'm getting this in Christmas. Keep up with the posts
>>
>>14851233

it's just 3rd party sellers jacking the price up whenever a kit has been out of print for awhile, you see this all the time on amazon with low volume stuff
>>
>>14851243
Yeah, but I recently bought it. I also just checked it. What the shit
>>
>>14851246

when the normal sellers run out, anyone with a kit can just post a price so you see them go sky high

you probably bought one of the last few from a normal seller and now there's only scalpers basically

it will go down again as soon as a real seller gets new stock

instead of just saying backordered or whatever, this is like a "so you REALLY want this kit?" price by 3rd party sellers. It's an outlier.
>>
>>14851224
What the fuck is up with that thing's giant ass head sensor holy shit?
>>
>>14851272

seedfriends like to sit on top with that up their tushes
>>
>>14851272
its actually the feature I like the most out of the Aegis and the Justice
I dunno, the big head sensor thing is supposed to be a commander's unit antenna or something like that
>>
>>14850941
What makes you assume that anyone would even be interested
>>
>>14851271
We talking about the same kit?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003FG64V0/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=
>>
File: ?.png (602KB, 963x720px) Image search: [Google]
?.png
602KB, 963x720px
>>14849296
why do you think I asked about it
>>
>>14851310
Check Dalong.
>>
>>14851295
there's actually a triumvirate at my school, where I've noticed the anime,video game, and MTG/40K crowd all kind of intermingle, though the anime club draws the shorter end of the stick in terms of people actually partaking of the club.

I think this is a good bridge between all 3 groups
>>
>>14851323
>>14850941
I hope you've already discussed this event with the rest of the club though, it'd suck for you look into buying all these kits only for the planning to fall through. I would go with what another anon said and pick up a lot of Revive RX-78's.

On another note, how big are these clubs? Pretty small, I'd assume. I'm not even sure if my university has a 40k club.

Anime is another thing though.
>tfw it feels like everyone in my dorm watches anime
>literally 3 of them have heard of gundam, and only one of them have actually watched any.
>mfw the one that has only watched SEED and Unicorn
I'm not even mad, I'm just surprised someone else has even watched this shit.
>>
>>14851213
Because it was marginally cheaper than buying locally or importing and I had food experiences with Daban and Dragon Momoko kits.

Well, I learned my lesson. Bought a Bandai Infinite Justice and Sengoku Astray MG.

>>14851224
The Infinite Justice has good engineering, the bootleg just fucked it all up.
>>
>>14851246
Show us the kit, and the invoice showing when you bought it.
>>
>>14851290
I kind of like it. It looked goofy to me at first but now it reminds me of a cockatiel.
>>
>>14850941
>trying to buy friends with gunpla

You'll just waste your money. Just get 200GSM paper, a printer and print out some Gundam papercraft if you're that desperate.
>>
>>14851389

because their not goofy
>>
>>14851383
The majority of my club refuses to watch Mecha and there is probably only one or two guys that have even watched Gundam and even then it's only like IBO.
>>
>>14851453
Why do you want to buy them kits then?
>>
>>14851453
You should just buy your own kits and build them well in front of others.

I did that in reservist (RG Qanta) and I got a couple of people into the hobby.
>>
File: f.jpg (28KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
28KB, 400x400px
I have always wondered what the hell this plastic blade is used for.
I have seen so many dudes using it, but never quite understood what for.
>>
>>14851487
>>14851511
I'm not that guy, I was just making a statement
>>
>>14851541
looks like a part separator?
>>
>>14851541
Its a ceramic knife. They have longer lifespan than metal blades. Good for masking tape and putty application not for plastic.
>>
File: JobberKing.jpg (68KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
JobberKing.jpg
68KB, 600x750px
Any good sites to order theater exclusive Gunpla, like the Leader version of the Origin Guncannon? Really want my squad of jobbers to have their king hella badly.
>>
File: 343078abs.jpg (72KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
343078abs.jpg
72KB, 640x512px
>HG F91 Harrison Maddin version going out of print
>Prices inflating like crazy

While it's still a sticker fest, I actually kind of wanted it...
>>
File: IMG_8957.jpg (226KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8957.jpg
226KB, 1200x1600px
>>14850177
The legs fit well, but I would work with side skirts that are a bit shorter.

As for shoulders, the Rebake's are kinda stubbish. They look like the MK.II's but they need to be wider to fit a similar profile. The MK.II always look bulky and buff because of those shoulders.
>>
>>14851657
>Get a 10 dollar F91
>paint it blue and yellow
I don't see what the problem is.
>>
>>14848061
Dude, I had the same idea for my dom test prototype (using the stickers as masks.) Lemme guess, now you're gonna paint it to be more like the original prototype dom or the gouf test prototype? Because I was gonna do one of those two as well.
>>
File: TOY-SCL2-07441.jpg (71KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
TOY-SCL2-07441.jpg
71KB, 600x600px
Been buiding Gunpla for around 2 years, I'm considering getitng a Koto Frame Arms kit or an Armored Core kit and was wondering if /m/ has any recommendations or if they are even worth it compared to Gunpla as i have no idea what to expect in quality

considering attached Pic or it's white equivalent.
>>
>2 years later and still haven't finished the Unicorn Master Grade
>>
>>14851747

they are fine unless you just snapshit together. plastics a bit brittle and they need a bit of work to look nice but so does anything bandai.

I personally have the white one of those, the ryuurai-kai I think and I want the white glint.

Frame arms are a relatively new line so there's nothing to really worry about except for what style you like. The compatibility with koto's line of msg weapons is a nice plus. You can always just check dalong if you want to know what it looks like oob.
>>
>>14851747
I've built 3 of the FA and they're alright. You need to use glue more than a bandai and the interchangeability between kits/parts isn't as good as I had hoped. But still there's some cool ones and they're fun to build when you can keep them together. they're a tiny bit smaller than a gundam MG.
>>
>>14851614
They don't sound like they'll rust, at least. Where can I get them?
>>
>>14851766
thanks! will def pick up one of these kits when I finish my Nu Ver. Ka.
>>
>>14851690
Maybe he doesn't paint, which is fine.
Gunpla is freedom.
>>
File: AToW.jpg (719KB, 608x1080px) Image search: [Google]
AToW.jpg
719KB, 608x1080px
>>14851747
I've been working on this AC recently.
It's been good fun and has pretty good detail.
>>
>>14851828

yeah dude, the freedom to restrict yourself, dipshit
>>
>>14851862
Stay mad paintshitter ;)
>>
>>14851861
Now that I think of it. You'll have a bit of seam line filling to do, the designers didn't even try to hide them.
>>
>>14851864
That's some really backwards shit right there. that's an 2/10
>>
>>14851867
;)
>>
>>14850941

>Anime club

Tell us stories about the cringy people in it. Every anime club has those.
>>
>>14851880
I recall a friend's club that I would tag along with had a goal to watch nothing but shitty anime and ironically praise it until they started believing their own hype.
>>
File: 20161019_062422.jpg (796KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20161019_062422.jpg
796KB, 2048x1152px
Post yer stuff guys!
>>
File: 1474174747138.png (745KB, 724x704px) Image search: [Google]
1474174747138.png
745KB, 724x704px
>>14851864

I could eat a box of gunpla parts and shit out a better model than you could ever build.
>>
>>14851956
Haha, sure.
>>
File: 1419504659641.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1419504659641.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
>>14850941
You sound like a gigantic norm desu, kill yourself
>>
File: 136029130926.png (150KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
136029130926.png
150KB, 500x500px
>>14851956
>bragging behind the cloak of anonymity.

Why not show us some of your stuff?
>>
>>14851989
posting with a trip is a sign of an inferiority complex
>>
File: 1476872778709.jpg (501KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1476872778709.jpg
501KB, 2048x1152px
>>14851989

sure thing dude
>>
>>14852009

see, the punchline is that I really did paint that gunpla
>>
>>14851880
without blogging too hard, basically I have noticed most of everyone who actually attends the meetings only has a mild interest in anime, or to put it more properly, anime is a gateway to being social.

They would rather go to cons, MTG events, or just hang, then actually discuss and share anime.
>>
>>14852184

Then your gunpla initiative seems unlikely to bear fruit.
>>
File: IMG_2081.jpg (328KB, 1600x2400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2081.jpg
328KB, 1600x2400px
>>14851989
I can't find any pictures of the Dougram I painted back in like June-ish, but there's this
>>
/m/ is so fucking stupid you can literally have "do not reply to shitposter" in the OP and people still reply.
>>
File: Plamo late 2015-2016.jpg (701KB, 2400x3200px) Image search: [Google]
Plamo late 2015-2016.jpg
701KB, 2400x3200px
>>14852216
Wait fuck, meant to post this because I didn't want to just spam a bunch of reposts in this thread. Tryon was my most recent so it gets the spotlight.

Also making this made me realize I need to paint more Zeekshit. Zaku Tank should remedy that though, but I probably should try working on that Rick Dom Stutzer resin conversion kit I have lying around.
>>
>>14852220
What's that Stargazer based on? looks cool
>>
>>14852236

Miku from Symphogear.
>>
File: 1456681230147.jpg (1MB, 1024x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1456681230147.jpg
1MB, 1024x1280px
>>14852236
What >>14852240 said, lesbian in power armor fueled by the power of love
>>
>>14850207
Hobbywave is the best ive seen.

Here in Winnipeg the mark up is almost 2 times Hobbywave prices with 18 dollar delivery makes any kit above the price of 18 dollars american, lets say 25 dollars Canadian.

So any order past a point is well worth
>>
>>14852220
Pretty bad, desu.
Also painting ruins a kit, OOB is the best look.
>>
>>14846934
Where do I get one
>>
File: proper kit.jpg (67KB, 675x600px) Image search: [Google]
proper kit.jpg
67KB, 675x600px
>>14852343
Yes, this is what all kits should look like.
>>
File: bait2.jpg (60KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
bait2.jpg
60KB, 375x523px
@14852343
No (you) for you
>>
File: h200_00a[1].jpg (68KB, 491x800px) Image search: [Google]
h200_00a[1].jpg
68KB, 491x800px
>>14852358
Kits have come a long ago.
Anyways, look at modern kits like this, no extra work needed.

>>14852359
XD so funny!
>>
File: Jupiter_Ascending.jpg (263KB, 733x804px) Image search: [Google]
Jupiter_Ascending.jpg
263KB, 733x804px
>>
>>14852364
Of course it needs more work. That gold isn't nearly tacky enough to be the Hyaku Shiki.
>>
>>14852364
Put your trip back on snapshit

Also, >liking that puke yellow
>>
>>14852375
>>14852385
No it doesn't.
STAY MAD~
>>
>>14852364
Can you please put your trip back on?
>>
>>14852375
That is the finest anti beam nanomantium coating

>>14852385
If i was puking that colour I would see a doctor
>>
>>14852397
>Thinking I'm snap

LOL XD
>>
Dalong just put out a review for Shia Qant. Apparently it keeps all the parts to make the regular 00Q head. I'm mainly into it for the chest/shoulders, but the weapon assortment is garbage compared to the regular 00Q. Kinda interested in getting both to see what kitbashing them together would be like.
>>
>>14852364
>Visible mold lines and plastic swirls even in the picture.
>Doesn't need work

No.
>>
>>14852416
Yes!
>>
File: 1+(2).jpg (136KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1+(2).jpg
136KB, 960x1280px
>Modern kits don't need painting.
>>
File: bf46_02.jpg (76KB, 555x800px) Image search: [Google]
bf46_02.jpg
76KB, 555x800px
>Modern kits don't need painting

Also when did Dalong stop taking photos of the kit OOB without stickers applied?
>>
>>14852421
I like this suit but that dark pink is pretty unflattering
>>
>>14852412

To be honest I never really liked the regular Qant's swordgun either. Although the Shia one's is just stupid.

Might just buy a Transient simply to give the Shia Qant the second spear.
>>
>>14852424

He does, it's just one pic at the bottom now.
>>
>>14852424
It's such a cool kit. Sadly the stickers are a massive turn off. Wish i was better at painting
>>
>>14852421
That was their fault.
You shouldn't buy it anyways.
>>
File: first result off google.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
first result off google.gif
2MB, 540x304px
>6th Form Barbatos doesn't come with the katana

Fuck, I guess 4th form barbietoes are cheap enough to get, plus there's kitbash potential with the kit itself
>>
File: Jio.jpg (81KB, 556x500px) Image search: [Google]
Jio.jpg
81KB, 556x500px
>>14852364
>no extra work needed.
JIO IS CRYING
>>
>>14852461
That's the most disgusting colour I've ever seen. I always thought it was supposed to be yellow
>>
>>14852507
It is, and there's supposed to be green in the thrusters.
>>
>>14852461
>Buying old kits
>>
>>14852519

>Released in 2002

It ain't that old, but I guess most snapshitters and shitposters weren't born at that time.
>>
>Amazon has the SUMO and Gold type SUMO 144 kits in stock for $14 and $16 respectively

Should I do it
>>
>>14852530
Is there actually a newer better looking version?

>>14852550
If you want them then go for it man
>>
File: 1471398141364.png (42KB, 621x547px) Image search: [Google]
1471398141364.png
42KB, 621x547px
>>14852358
>kill me.jpg
>>
>>14852620
What are you talking about, Snapshit?
This is what you want. This is what you are. This is your soul.
Embrace it.
>>
>>14852620
how much money have you spent over the past 2 years just to try and troll this thread?
>>
>>14851541
It's not a knife blade, it's not sharp like an hobby knife. It is however very good to remove flash, and the aggregated putty after you seam line.
>>
File: 20161019_152451.jpg (859KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20161019_152451.jpg
859KB, 2048x1152px
The good news is it came early. The bad news is it's not a great kit. The good news is I love it anyways. I also built something else but I'll save it for the next thread <3{/spoiler].
>>
File: Gundog.jpg (157KB, 1024x833px) Image search: [Google]
Gundog.jpg
157KB, 1024x833px
I want to get an rx-79 and a zaku

which ones should I get?
>>
>>14853186
Assuming you mean RX-78
1/144 RX: Revive or 30th anniversary/starter pack 2
1/100 RX: 2.0, 3.0, origins, OYW ver.

1/144 Zaku: Origins
1/100 Zaku: 2.0
>>
>>14853186
Unless you mean either the RX-78 or the RGM-79 there's one option for you (two if you count the EZ-8)

Zakus give you more variety. If you want really good poseability grab any of the Origin kits, otherwise grab the Johnny Ridden/Shin Matsunaga Zakus released a few years back. Zaku FZ and Zaku II F2 are pretty good too, as well as the Zaku Amazing. I'm not really a big fan of the HGUC Zaku Sniper asides from the knee support, but it has it's perks.

If you're cool with MGs any Zaku II 2.0 remains one of the best MGs out there
>>
>>14853186
Get the mg scaled, specifically the 2.0. There is even a zaku II 2.0 J type to match the ground gundam.

I would suggest looking into getting some 1/100 builders parts or hobbybase hands to replace the rx-79's hands though.
>>
>>14852424
So are you trying to make a point for or against not painting? Besides the stickers of course the kit looks fine.
>>
>>14853412
Anon, please say that, in these exact words, the lance looks perfectly acceptable.
>>
>>14852220
Always makes me sad to see your Tryon 3 because I wanna paint mine when I get it, but I can only hand paint for the next few years.
>>
>>14851386
It's already wrapped up for Christmas, but this was the kit
>>14851309
>>
>>14852421
I actually like that dark pink, its the shit brown zak tubes and elbows that make me cry.
>>
>cut my thumb open denubbing
>cut is so deep the pain is spiking through my whole hand
>all I can think is "I hope blood doesn't get on the piece"

It's too late for me.
>>
>>14853764

superglue time
>>
>>14853764
MORE BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
>>
>>14853764
What did you learn?
>>
>>14853782

That blood didn't get on the piece so everything's fine.
>>
>>14853788
Alright, anon.
>>
Alright, so what's the recommended way to apply this stuff? I asked maybe a week ago and someone said they just use a squirt bottle, but I thought I'd get another opinion. Is a spray bottle fine, or should I use my airbrush? Should I dilute it with anything?
>>
>>14853822
you'll want to use a mop
>>
>>14853822

what are you planning on applying it to,for example are you going to use it as a gloss clear coat for a whole kit, or just on clear pieces
>>
>>14853831
Gloss topcoat for a whole kit for panel lining, followed by matte coat
>>
File: Pg10-11.jpg (2MB, 3299x2477px) Image search: [Google]
Pg10-11.jpg
2MB, 3299x2477px
>>14852220
>Anchovy CV33
Now I really need to build and paint my P40 for her.
Thanks for reminding me.
>>
File: working primer 1.jpg (88KB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
working primer 1.jpg
88KB, 1200x798px
>>14853904

I airbrush it for that, because you don't want it to gunk everything up. I typically will use a bit higher pressure like 20 psi or so because I feel like it likes to dry from air blast more, but you really have to trust the magic on this shit. As long as it's not pooling into drops on the piece (way too much) you just need to put it in a box overnight and leave it alone. For small areas like sealing decals you can even just handbrush it on and everything looks great in the end.

For canopies or other clear stuff you really can totally dunk them or coat them with squirt bottle, it works better. Make sure to shake drops off the piece before you let it sit though. Pooling of any kind is still bad.

If you see it get a little "milky" on a part don't freak out and try and fix it, just leave it alone and come back the next day.

You must TRUST the future. I totally dunked the canopy in this pic, shook it off, and left it in a box overnight.
>>
File: future canopy.jpg (157KB, 1200x851px) Image search: [Google]
future canopy.jpg
157KB, 1200x851px
>>14853927

It even had a shallow but large scratch on the right hand side and it was gone
>>
>>14851669
Couldn't tell why exactly but I'm thinking of using graze schwalbe shoulders. Maybe I'm just a suckered for thrusters though
>>
File: metalgear.jpg (581KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
metalgear.jpg
581KB, 1024x768px
neat-o
>>
>>14853927
>>14853931
Wow, that's pretty good stuff. Alright then, airbrush it shall be. Thanks
>>
>>14854027

god I love those feet, I need to remember to get that kit
>>
File: IMG_1567.jpg (3MB, 3456x2304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1567.jpg
3MB, 3456x2304px
>>14853924
Yeah, the CV33 is a cute. Get the 1/35 version if you do get one, 1/72 is tiny as fuck
>>
>>14854083
I buy all of my tanks in 1/35
Sure it costs me out the ass ($70 for the P40) but I couldn't work on any smaller of a scale.
>>
File: G_1790.jpg (246KB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
G_1790.jpg
246KB, 2400x1600px
>>14854095
I like em small, sadly. I have a 1/35 Tiger I painted up too, and probably should move onto 1/35 though.

Waiting on some chink anglerfish decals to finish this, since this was a Revell Kit.
>>
>>14854113
And yeah, that's nowhere near done. Gotta clear up the wheels, and the area around the decals along with the rest of the detail painting. The only thing that wasn't the base coat of brown was the painted treads black/gunmetal
>>
>>14854113
>I like em small
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
I'll let you play with my 1/16th King Tiger.
>>
but what if a Zeta Gundam in Titans colors?
>>
>>14853764
My thumb and index finger tips have developed calluses from cutting myself with the x-acto knife so many times
>>
File: dustcamouflage.jpg (692KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
dustcamouflage.jpg
692KB, 1024x768px
>>14854083

fuck yiss, CV33
>>
>>14853186
can you post the original picture?

also, MG Zudah when
>>
File: IMG_1139.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1139.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Finished a couple days ago.
Is this easy mode?
>>
>>14854359
>overwatch
>>
>>14854367
Harsh
>>
Anyone seen a custom build of The Monado?
The closest thing I can find to it is the weapons on Astaroth Origin.
>>
>>14854083
>>14854113
What scale are these, and what maker?
>>
>>14854401

please don't drink and post.
>>
>>14854359
Hi Geoff Keighley
>>
>>14847331
>GK Model has more variety
>>
File: 1476892891245.jpg (73KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1476892891245.jpg
73KB, 1080x1080px
Thread posts: 387
Thread images: 91

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.