[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/m/, is it okay if I start getting pumped up for Kong and Pacific

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

/m/, is it okay if I start getting pumped up for Kong and Pacific Rim 2 now? Seeing Shin Godzilla made me get all kinds of fluttery for more new giant monster movies.
>>
I want a "Destroy all Monsters" movie for the Millennial generation.

Godzilla vs Kong. Epic battle to a standstill. New Jaegers led by Mecha-Godzilla come in and start beating them down hard with advanced new weaponry, until.... King Ghidrah and Rodan show up, and the Kaiju crew start wrecking Jaegers. Just when the Kaijus have the jaegers on the ropes, a flying object in the sky appears, it gets larger, and a voice over narration starts "The Jaeger Program has found the answer.... a new Jaeger, with the most advanced AI system ever created by man, with millions of calculations a second to counter every Kauji combat attack...."

"We call him.......Jet Jaeger"
>>
>>14843133
KAIJUVERSE
>>
Of course, get hyped.
>>
>>14843133
The Kong trailer didn't grab me myself, but it didn't show much. If you liked what you saw, absolutely get pumped up.
>>
>>14843133
how is anyone NOT pumped for Kong Skull Island
its cast is great, the concept is really cool, and if the the trailers are anything to go by its gonna be a old school Kaiju movie.
Kong hasn't gotten that treatment since King Kong Escapes
oh andlets not forget its a prelude to a modern GODZILLA VS KONG
>>
>>14843133
I'm dubious about it. If it's from the same people as Godzilla 2014, then I'm sure the kaiju action will be pretty good. But most of that film was about human characters I couldn't bring myself to care about, and I fear Kong might be the same.
>>
>>14847277
has it been confirmed that Kong is being written by the same folks as G 2014? I liked 2014 even if in review wasn't really a good movie.
>>14843133
I'm cautiously optimistic, if only to know that a Godzilla vs Kong is next.
>>
>>14847277
>>14847404
It is the same writer, but he's already come out and said that they aren't going to play "hide the monster" as much for further films in this universe.
>>
File: london.gif (2MB, 200x280px) Image search: [Google]
london.gif
2MB, 200x280px
>>14843133
But....but Shin Godzilla was fucking terrible.

Fuck America the movie. Complete with purely Japanese McGuffin to save the day without violence when they could've just shot him at his second PokeEvolution and saved everyone but stopped because one fucking civilian.
>>
>>14843133
It's good to enjoy things. Shin makes me want to see 2014 again.

>>14847277
Depending on one's perspective, Ford's problem was either not enough character or too much screentime. I don't think there were any bad characters. It's just that the others (not just Joe) are underutilised.

2014's theme is really hype, so Kong better match up.
>>
>>14847474
god this is such bait, but i cant help myself.
did you not watch the movie? the whole thing was SUPER critical of the Japanese government and their position in the film and America though initially an invasive intervening force are ultimately viewed as comrades to those trying to fight against Godzilla, first sending their envoy who later stands with her Japanese roots, then sending artillery when Godzilla first fights, and them having the government officials over all on Japans side saying they were given an unfair deadline and supporting them with the request for an extension
that and the JSDF is VERY harshly judged both my the Japanese public at large and the UN so any civilian death would have been a huge blow to their credibility, which anyone with a basic knowledge of world history and fucking CONTEXT could have figured out
>>
>>14843189
>Jet Jaeger
KINO
>>
>>14848267
I don't know how anyone can't see that the movie is practically screaming for a Japanese political reform. Even without precursory knowledge of Japanese politics the movie makes it obvious that having the military run the government and the compartmentalizing of all the factions of government into competing businesses where only seniority matters is fucking stupid and crippling the country. Anno even KILLS the entire central cabinet and shows that a simple small department secretary is a better fit to run things because he was willing show humility and abandoned the whole stupidity that is Japanese pride is worth more than lives.

Maybe they couldn't think because the subtitles were too distracting and hurt their walnut brains, since they couldn't understand the theme that isn't subtle at all.
>>
>>14848328
they're too busy getting distracted by godzilla's laser light show
>>
>kong
>no king (yet) because godzilla
I'm dumb.
>>
>>14848328
(((The Movie)))
>>
>>14848328
>because he was willing show humility and abandoned the whole stupidity that is Japanese pride is worth more than lives.
I think you have it backwards, actually. The Anti-Godzilla department was more willing to lose lives in collateral damage than the pussy-footing old guard. They were the ones to forgo humility, by bending international politics to their will and throwing the treaties and laws to the wind.
>>
>>14851220
so you haven't seen the movie either huh?
The Anti Godzilla team got to where they got to was by working with other countries and departments without concerns about seniority and department niceties.
>>
>>14848328
>that having the military run the government
Nigger what the fuck is going on?
>>
>>14848267
Actually, most of the conflict of the movie would be solved by having the military run the government.

You realize the JSDF is ineffective because it's crippled and not a real military force right?
>>
>>14847474
Just got out of watching it, how the fuck do you come to this conclusion? America's actions are depicted as probably necessary, what's depicted as bad is Japans helpless underling position to the US, being unable to make any decisions themselves about things happening on their own ground.
>>
>>14851220
Except the anti-godzilla department risks everything for their plan because it wouldn't endanger civilians. They also only succeed because they're willing to cooperate internationally from the very start.
>>
>>14851894
They kill off the main cabinet and military brass leading to the second half where the government runs the military rather than the military running the government. You would have understood if you saw the movie.
>>
>>14852030
>the military running the government
At no point in the movie is this ever true.
>>
>>14852030
>>14852107
Oh, also, the only leading "military" person killed as far as I recall is the Minister of Defense. Who's not actually military. The JSDF guy who she was working with in the first half is still around in the second half, as are the other JSDF leaders.

How you got the Japanese government being run by the military is ludicrous, considering there's several scenes showing how tied up the JSDF is the government's red tape and all those shots of them having to pass questions up the chain of command to PM and back down it.
>>
>>14849929
What monster will bring the electric light orchestra for the sequel?
>>
Godzilla
>>
>>14854690
Yes
>>
>>14852115
>Shin Godzilla 2: Seven Days of Fire
>soundtrack by Jeff Lynne
Do want.
>>
>>14854690
There goes tokyo
>>
>>14854690
GOJIRA
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>14854690
Fredzilla!
>>
File: gojeeruh.jpg (52KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
gojeeruh.jpg
52KB, 720x480px
>>14854690
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.