[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what did the creator meant by this? I apologize for not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

what did the creator meant by this?

I apologize for not being fluent in engrish
>>
>>14835429
It's just technobabble engrish. All of the Semi;Colon works have a blurb like that. They're pretty much meaningless.
>>
>>14835438
is any of it decipherable? specially that second line, I don't know what is the subject in that bastardization of english
>>
>>14835487
They generally have something to do with the theme of the work
>>
>>14835487
Taken from Steiner:

>Chaos;Head Noah:
>If you were a God and your delusions could become reality... what kind of delusions would you desire?
>A world of earthly pleasure? A despotic dystopia? Absolute destruction? Or...

>Steins;Gate:
>The universe has a beginning, but it has no end. -- Infinite.
>Stars too have a beginning, but are by their own power destroyed. -- Finite.
>History teaches that those who hold wisdom are often the most foolish.
>The fish in the sea know not the land. If they too hold wisdom, then they too would be destroyed.
>It is more ridiculous for man to exceed light speed than for fish to live ashore.
>This may also be called God's final warning to those who rebel.

>Robotics;Notes:
>As far as science goes, there may be negative outcomes.
>But one must never forget that all things have a scientific side.
>What's important is recognizing that.
>I am the Master of my fate, I am the Captain of my soul.
>>
>>14835530
I would kiss you in the cheek anon, thank you
>>
Why is Engrish still a thing? it can't be that difficult for these people to find someone who can translate their shit properly in this day and age.
>>
>>14835550
it's the language of the kokoro
>>
If you thought those were bad.
>>
>>14835530
>As far as science goes, there may be negative outcomes.
>But one must never forget that all things have a scientific side.
>What's important is recognizing that.
>I am the Master of my fate, I am the Captain of my soul.

Yeah, fuck you Walt Whitman.
>>
>>14835429
"Invictus" is a short Victorian poem by the English poet William Ernest Henley

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeoning of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul
>>
>>14835550
Its pretty inconsistent even today. Even in older shows youll see some random perfect English and then in another show from the same year youll see some HE IS A CHAR
Even in 2016. I think its almost a running joke over there or something. Considering how much English one can actually encounter in Japan
>>
>>14835550
Honestly I find stilted engrish prose to have a poetic sort of quality to it when it's the "technically makes sense but reads really weird" sort.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.