[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Memes aside, Zeta is not good. It's too random and makes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: zeta-gundam-620x.jpg (34KB, 620x300px) Image search: [Google]
zeta-gundam-620x.jpg
34KB, 620x300px
Memes aside, Zeta is not good. It's too random and makes no sense. I don't understand how people think it's one of the best Gundam ever, when its writing isn't any different from Tomino's other Gundam or non Gundam series.

It seems that people force themselves to like it because it's an 80s anime and muh "war drama", even though its "war drama" aspects are borderline hilarious and retarded.

So I think Zeta fanboys are the real memes here. When you compare Zeta to something that came out around the same time like Takahashi's Layzner, the latter was far more cohesive and actually relatable, despite being cancelled.
>>
Zeta and Layzner are both shit.
>>
>>14833684
>It's too random and makes no sense
Maybe if you suffer from some manner of brain disorder
>>
File: 57687733_p0.jpg (343KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
57687733_p0.jpg
343KB, 1600x900px
How many of these threads do we need?????
>>
>>14833684
Go back to your seasonal garbage that is written for 8 year olds

Clearly UC is too difficult for you to comprehend
>>
>>14833692
Or maybe Tomino does
>>
>>14833733
Not even arguing it's good or not, but if you can't follow that plot you're some kind of less than functional retard
>>
File: zgundam1.jpg (438KB, 1236x1707px) Image search: [Google]
zgundam1.jpg
438KB, 1236x1707px
>>14833684
>It seems that people force themselves to like

Why would someone "force themselves" to like it?

I can understand forcing yourself to like eating vegetables, or forcing yourself to like exercise, because of their beneficial value, but watching anime has no beneficial value, you cannot force yourself to enjoy something, enjoyment is not forced.

Your argument is flawed and based on bad logic.
>>
I agree op , tominos cynical portrayal of females annoyed me. Dunbine was the better show
>>
>>14833747
>you cannot force yourself to enjoy something,
Yes you can.

Zeta was hailed as the epitome of 80s anime before anyone other than a handful had actually seen it. They built up the myth that Zeta was good.
>>
>>14833684
Yes, people have been forcing themselves to like it since the 80's, good job anon you figured it out.

Do we really need this thread up 24/7? I'm part of the problem as well, I need to stop replying.
>>
>>14833759
>you cannot force yourself to enjoy something,
>Yes you can.
>because....my opinions

Wow, you are really backing up your argument with solid proof there.
>>
https://youtube.com/watch?v=vVp_jCwhFB0

Great opening theme at least.
>>
File: 1473743592904.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1473743592904.png
1MB, 1600x900px
Between the vocal minority of zeta haters, the autistic ANNfag, and the spicposter, /m/ is just going down the shitter lately.
We need a colony drop.
>>
>>14833770
Pain is pleasure, so yeah you can force yourself to enjoy anything.
>>
File: Dwg2-char-aznable.jpg (26KB, 300x433px) Image search: [Google]
Dwg2-char-aznable.jpg
26KB, 300x433px
>>14833858

Is Char Aznable saying to let the purge begin?
>>
>>14833684

The problem with Gundam series is that everyone expresses absolute judgements. Best series ever, worse series ever. And then end up opening themselves to ridicule because of this. Zeta Gundam is neither the absolute best nor the absolute worst of Gundam series. It really is a mediocre show. There are some good parts in it, the character design for one. Even the mecha design in parts is quite good, although the transformable Gundam has been a disease in the franchise since then. Some parts are quite sci-fi friendly like the aerobraking scenes ( 2010 also had analogous scenes at it came out at the same time. Coincidence ? Maybe, maybe not...)
As for the story, it is quite a mess. Not only because recurring characters do negate their own history (cfr Char and Amuro) but also the whole politics is not serious at all. I mean you've got a magic man from Jupiter that appears just like that and ends up having more power than the Titans themselves, let alone his "Trump-power" over all characters having a vagina. The Titans want to take over the Earth sphere hunting the Zeons but at the same time making alliances with the Zeon. Parts of the story are repeated (Four and Rosamia) making a good 10 episodes completely irrelevant and boring to watch. Being an 80s show doesn't excuse the mistakes in it. Dougram that predates Zeta Gundam by a couple of years is much longer and yet has a more coherent and dramatic storyline than Zeta Gundam.
I think people cling to Zeta Gundam like a tick clings to its host. By desperation really.
>>
>>14834337
Alright, from now on when I make Zeta threads I'll make sure to put ITT: mediocre shows instead of ITT: shit shows. Thanks for clearing the air anon this'll really help the quality of our board.
>>
>>14833684
Tomino's writing is just garbage. It just so happens that Zeta is the best of his abilities.
>>
>>14834372
>Tomino's writing is just garbage. It just so happens that Zeta is the best of his abilities.

Actually no, Tomino can do much better than Zeta Gundam and has actually done better. Before and after Zeta Gundam. You just have to look beyond the Gundam franchise.
>>
>>14834393
>You just have to look beyond the Gundam franchise.

You don't even have to do that, 0079 was far superior to Zeta, and Victory and Turn A were both much better as well.
>>
>>14833747
This. Anyone that thinks Zeta is widely known and acclaimed has /m/ tunnel vision. 90% of the stuff people talk about on /m/ is beyond obscure for anime fandom as a whole.
>>
>>14834337
>The Titans want to take over the Earth sphere hunting the Zeons but at the same time making alliances with the Zeon

It's been a while since I've seen Zeta. but I assumed that the Titans got away with it by just lying about it.
>>
>>14834337

> Not only because recurring characters do negate their own history (cfr Char and Amuro)

Where does this happen ? I see no contradictions between Char and Amuro's accounts of what happened in MSG and what happened in MSG. Unless you mean that they managed to set aside their differences for a time to work towards a common goal. I don't see how that would be a problem for anyone though. Zeta happens years later and the politics have changed enough to warrant old enemies being on the same side.

> I mean you've got a magic man from Jupiter that appears just like that and ends up having more power than the Titans themselves

Newtypes were already established in the cannon and Scirrico didn't just randomly get power, he had mobile suits and his own huge ass war ship to bring into the fold and was an incredibly OP pilot, he also schemed his way to more power and was slowly taking over from the first space arc, until he becomes the central figure in the Titans 35 or so episodes later. We watch his plotting get him there, it does'nt just randomly happen.

> let alone his "Trump-power" over all characters having a vagina.

Haman was not affected,and neither was Mour. Your account is wrong. He was charismatic and treated Sarah kindly so she followed him like the dumb kid she was, And Reccoca was the right kind of fucked up to get manipulated by a guy like Scirroco.

>The Titans want to take over the Earth sphere hunting the Zeons but at the same time making alliances with the Zeon.

Only once the AEUG becomes a threat to their power do they do that. It shows us how corrupt they really are, enough so to entirely abandon their founding principles. It definitively exposes that they really just care about maintaining their power.

1/2
>>
>>14835146

>Parts of the story are repeated (Four and Rosamia) making a good 10 episodes completely irrelevant and boring to watch.

The Four arc is there so Kamille has a newtype experience that he believes is a romance. The Rosamia arc is for Kamille to experience the newtype connection without any facade of romance attached to it.

Kamille expresses that his experience with Rosamia lets him realize that him and Four were not in love, since his relationship with Rosamia is the same but there is no facade of romance. This opens the path for him and the viewers to clarify that Newtype connections like what Amuro had with Lalah are not romances. This is an incredibly important detail for UC Gundam's central concept ( newtypes) that is realized through the two arcs.

Seriously, Anti-Zeta posters on /m/ are almost always just plain wrong about what actually happened in the show they criticize.

I get when this happens with a show like G-Reco, because it really does take allot of paying attention to follow everything that is going on. But understanding basic plot points in Zeta should not be this difficult for people.

2/2
>>
Zeta is fucking garbage, G-Reco is ten times better.
>>
Tomino is the kind of writer where maybe a third to half of the ideas in there are quite good, but he bungles the execution and the rest is shit. And then when Tomino gets a chance to clean up his shit and add some polish, like with ANT, he somehow fucks it up even more because he is a goddamn retard and has to push his dumb old man ideals into everything.

I had to force myself to sit through Zeta because the Four/Kamille romance is one of the dumbest romances in history, and then you have to deal with it twice, so that when the series actually gets to something that could have been more poignant like the Rosamia arc you feel like you've already seen this two times before and it loses any impact it might have had.

Characters are introduced whose motivations are completely unclear and/or stupid and later explained as either "lel newtypes" or "you have to read background info" ie. stuff not in the show and you're simply supposed to accept this as proof of Tomino's skill, when when anyone else does it it's called being an asshole who can't put it in the show.

But that said, I still believe there is value in Zeta. But I am not going to discuss it, because /m/ is such a pile of shit at this point that I see nothing but futility in trying to have serious discussion. Zeta is neither a masterpiece, nor is it garbage. It is an ambitious and daring work that is bogged down by many flaws and the trappings of its creator. Let's leave it at that.

I'll see you all when /m/ gets mods who do their job.
>>
>>14835170

See

>>14835153

On that first point.

Could you give an example of the second point ?
>>
>>14835156
neither are good
>>
>>14835818
That's a funny way of spelling G-Reco is good
>>
>>14835156
Ten times zero is still zero.
>>
I really like Zeta. It was from a time when anime had more thought put into it. I think a lot of Millennials don't understand good anime like Zeta because they have been raised on current anime which is sub-par in comparison.
>>
>>14835879
>It was from a time when anime had more thought put into it.
Yeah really. Shows like MD Geist were the epitome of a thinking man's anime.

See
>>14833684
>It seems that people force themselves to like it because it's an 80s anime

>on current anime which is sub-par in comparison.
No. Zeta is subpar, even when compared to other 80s mecha shows.
>>
>>14835890
The only thing you got right in your post was the spelling of the word subpar.

The only thing I got wrong in my post was the spelling of the word subpar.
>>
>>14833759
But Zeta is good.
>>
>>14835926
I'll prove that wrong right now.

Around 50% of Zeta are fight scenes. The fight choreography in Zeta is unarguably garbage so that means that half of the show is garbage. Last time I checked 50/100 is an F.
>>
>>14835926
In what universe?
>>
>>14835890

You know, even when 80s OVAS lacked thought in character and story the creators really new what they were doing in terms of story boards, the color palette they chose, how to make evocative scenes and utilize the correct music, etc. The shows may have not always been intelligent per se, but the creators really did put a good amount of thought into how to make everything cool looking and sounding.

>>14835950
Zeta has maybe 5-10% dull fight scenes. Most of them are good to great though. How can you watch episode 26 when Kamille takes on Yazan and not think that that is good choreography ? It has everything you need, variation in battlefields and fighting styles, high tension, a surprising conclusion, memorable stand out moments ( Yazan almost taking out Kamille and Katz saving him with an old Gelgoog that blows up as he shoot's its rifle - on an old abandoned Zeon warship at that). There were some issues in the later episodes when they would fight out in empty space - but whenever there was a nice map to utilize Zeta was a treat to watch. Allot of cool stuff was shown: like Mark II getting boosted up on Hyaku Shiki's shoulder's,so to catch up to the Asshimar mid air, The Mark II surfing through Jaburo on it's waverider killing mooks left and right, Roberto chucking his rifle at an enemy and blowing it up on them, Kamille waverider crashing into Sctirroco, the Psycho-Gundam leveling Hong Kong with insane beam spam, Jerid and Kacricorn synching up their movements so to trick and blindside Kamille, etc. Zeta had allot of great fights, and the best part about them was the constant tension of the AEUG really struggling with every battle. Even their OP golden boy Kamille was often still getting bailed out by his teammates almost 50 episodes in. Pilots like Scirroco, Haman and Yazan were all legitimate and deadly foes.
>>
>Layzner, the latter was far more cohesive and actually relatable

lol layzner. aliens speak the same language and a terrible time skip filled with questions like why are eiji's crew free and not in prison, why are they able to run rebel operations under grados nose (the most suspicious of people are not even being watched 24/7). only antagonists die in the entire series, so relatable.
>>
>>14836060

I personally love both shows. Though Zeta is the better one due to some pacing issues and some boring antagonists in Layzner. Allot of the ideas Takahashi was trying to develop in that show were great, and aesthetically it is really nice, the battles are mostly great too.

Fuck all the negativity on /m/ , why can't we just all bask in the glory of 80s mecha anime and put petty shitposting and contrarianism aside ?
>>
>>14836060
I actually liked the timeskip more than the pre timeskip.

The shows plot reminds me of Ideon a little actually.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.