[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a list of every show you need to watch to get all of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Mecha Wallpaper 11.jpg (447KB, 2000x1075px) Image search: [Google]
Mecha Wallpaper 11.jpg
447KB, 2000x1075px
Is there a list of every show you need to watch to get all of the references in Turn A?
>>
>>14825346
gundam
>>
File: Mecha Wallpaper 10.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Mecha Wallpaper 10.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>14825346
>>
File: Mecha Wallpaper 6.jpg (876KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Mecha Wallpaper 6.jpg
876KB, 3840x2160px
>>14825347
All of them?
>>
The "references" are in literally one episode and it is seriously one of the lamest cop-outs I've ever seen.
>>
>>14825357
You have no idea what a cop-out is.
>>
>>14825346
I think that you ought to at least watch 0079, Z, ZZ, CCA, and F91 before it. You can watch Turn A without having seen any of those but you will appreciate the show's sentiment much more if you have.
>>
>>14825356
Turn A has naked drillhair twins? I have to watch it now
>>
>>14825362
your right
>>
>>14825367
Oh yeah almost forgot Victory
>>
>>14825357
>The "references" are in literally one episode

Er, no. There's numerous references all throughout the series, not just the Dark History scene.
>>
>>14825422
name three
>>
>>14825425
Kapools, Gallop, Borjarnons, Zssans.
>>
>>14825425

When Corin Nander sees the Turn-A for the first time, he recognizes it as the tv version Wing Gundam

Shortly after they've discovered the Willgem, Sid and the others are on it's bridge inspecting it's computers, and see schematics in it's databanks of mobile suits from G Gundam among other things.

One of the first times he has access to it's abilities, Gym recognizes that the Turn-X is equipped with the Shining Finger.

There's three, not including the obvious but non-specific ones that Barjarnon's are Zakus, Kapools, the weapons stockpile Loran finds that has a Gundam Hammer, etc.
>>
>>14825346
If you watch everything in production order (which is what you should be doing in the first place), you'll catch the references.
That said, you don't need to understand any of the references to get the point of the show. The references are entirely for fanservice.
>>
>>14825346
yeah it's called watch in production order, you tard
>>
>>14825346
When does this show get good? I'm like 8 episodes in and I'm not feeling the magic at all. Loran is such a grating main character.
>>
>>14825587
When you develop non-shit taste.
>>
>>14825587
If you're not feeling it now you're likely not going to later either.

Turn-A has no tone shift or changing conflict. What you see is what you get.
>>
There is a whole 0 shows you need to watch before Turn A
Know what a Gundam and Zaku are? Bam, all the knowledge needed right there
>>
>>14825597
Really? It's just this stupid Earth resettlement bullshit the whole time?
>>
>>14825357
>Cop out
Please know what words mean before you use them, thank you
There was no promises of any sort about that. Turn A is not a UC show
>>
>>14825371
Theyre literally the characters with the most screentime and theyre the focus of the plot
>>
Nothing really. Just treat it as another Gundam AU.
>>
>>14825346
All of Gundam up to that point.
But not for the references, but for you to get the mindset that was present when Turn A aired.
>>
>>14825623
A lot of it is. Later on they go into space and then you have the final battle but most of the show has the same tone. The show never has any major battle sequences as a main plot point is that most of the main cast are trying to avoid starting a war

Also if you find Loran grating you may struggle. Although I find one of the more likeable protagonists
>>
>>14825346
Since it doesn't seem like anyone is strictly just answering your question... MSG, ZZ, Victory, G Gundam, Gundam Wing. I believe that's it.

There is a part in the show where they literally show footage from previous Gundam shows. I wouldn't really count those as "references" tho.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.