[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Interviewer: So we're planning a page for fans who don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: itano.jpg (16KB, 210x277px) Image search: [Google]
itano.jpg
16KB, 210x277px
Interviewer: So we're planning a page for fans who don't know you (Itano) or the original Macross.

Itano: Macross Ace (the magazine this is in) is a damned bishoujo character magazine isn't it? I call it "retarded", though. Retarded character moe magazine. I think Macross (the original) was popular because of its balance, 1/3 each of cute girls, robots, and songs. But now they say mecha won't sell, robots won't sell, so they turn it into a character-based anime AND they want the fujoshi. I hate the stench of that sort of thing and so actually don't want to be in any magazine articles related to that bullshit, but I said I'd cooperate if they let me badmouth shit and here I am.

Interviewer: I... see... (tears)

Itano: I DID watch all of Macross F. It's not fair to badmouth something without seeing it (chuckle).
So, like, there's one bit where a sniper in space mounts himself on an asteroid, right? But by doing so half his field of vision is gone. And asteroids aren't stationary so his aim is going to be really unstable. And then they use sniper rifles at point blank range? I notice this sort of stuff, you know.
It's well-drawn for a TV show and they were trying, but the relationships were half-assed and the heart of the drama is way too messy. Last time we had Minmei become a human failure, but this time it was the main character (laugh). People who like this rubbish have a totally different sense from me, so I'd really be happier if they didn't know who I was at all (laugh).
>>
>>14820373
Seen it.
>>
>>14820373
>>
>>14820373
Got a source or is this just typical /a/-/m/ hearsay?
>>
>>14820373
Sup Moononymous, still pedaling this faggotry like your usual self, I see.
>>
>>14820373
>Interviewer: I... see... (tears)
This never ever fails to crack me up
>>
>>14820373
Has this faggot done anything good in the last 20 years?
>>
File: 1474522188504.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1474522188504.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>14820373
Every fuking time
>>
>>14820744
http://blog.livedoor.jp/ranamoneud/archives/65328965.html

マクロスエースって言ってもほとんどが美少女キャラ本じゃないですか。自分は「ゆとり」って言ってるんですけどね。「ゆとり」のキャラ萌え。
> Macross Ace (the magazine this is in) is a damned bishoujo character magazine isn't it? I call it "retarded", though. Retarded character moe magazine

そのへんの臭さが嫌いなので、本当はこういう雑誌関係に記事は乗っけたくないんですよ。で、悪口を乗っけてもいいなら協力しようと。
> I hate the stench of that sort of thing and so actually don't want to be in any magazine articles related to that bullshit, but I said I'd cooperate if they let me badmouth shit and here I am.

そのFが好きな人は感性が違うんで、自分のことなんか知らなくていいですよ(笑)
>People who like this rubbish have a totally different sense from me, so I'd really be happier if they didn't know who I was at all (laugh).
>>
File: LaYuBpG.jpg (37KB, 350x517px) Image search: [Google]
LaYuBpG.jpg
37KB, 350x517px
>>14821273
He worked on PLastic little which was garbage and all what he says there apply to it.
>>
>>14821570
>He worked on PLastic little
...as a key animator that is. I don't think he cared much about that project other than for the money anyways. On the bright side for him, he did some stuff for Macross Plus around the same time so it evens out eventually.
>>
>>14821628
I hope it wasn't the
>nearly get himself and his backseater killed while doing flight training to learn about what it's like to fly

Itano is one of the most fucked up people in the industry. I mean literally the guy ain't right in the head with how he approaches stuff.
>>

Poor guy
>>
It's satisfying to see him roast the fuck out of Frontier when all Macross fans seem to suck that show's dick.
>>
>>14820373
Fucking based Itano. Fujo & moeshit pandering can rot in hell while I laugh from my throne in the heavens of /m/.
>>
>>14821737
He would roast the shit out of Delta too, faggot.
>>
>>14820373
Itano actually did a dogfight with Kawamori and beat him at the Top Gun school in America.
Sure they were sub-sonic fighters, still nice for an ANIMATOR.
>>
>>14821756
>implying I wouldn't want to see that
>>
>>14821570
At least it had lovely animated BARE TITS, which is more than anything I can say for Macross F.
>>
>>14821737

It's more satisfying to see the bitterness and hypocrisy of someone pointing out that Frontier is bad because snipers use moving platforms to stabilize shots and he can notice that that's unrealistic you know - while recalling that this person worked on SDF Frontier where planes transformed in to robots and then lit cigarettes or put on uniforms as a disguise.
>>
>>14821782
I think he's just incredibly bitter he's dirt poor now and hasn't directed anything worth mentioning.
>>
File: 1378640573340.png (74KB, 718x586px) Image search: [Google]
1378640573340.png
74KB, 718x586px
>>14820373
>People who like this rubbish have a totally different sense from me, so I'd really be happier if they didn't know who I was at all (laugh).
>>
One day Itano will make his own Macross, period.
>>
>>14822000
hahahaa
>>
>>14822000

Will it have blackjack and hookers too? Or will he just say screw it to the Macriss part and blow what he has on blackjack and hookers? And can we substitute blackjack with pachinko?

His Macross would probably turn out just as bad as Kawamori's though frankly,looking at his career. Just because he's a good animator doesn't make him a good writer or director. No more than being a good designer makes Kawamori good at those things.
>>
>>14822012
but Kawamori gets other people to write and direct.
>>
>>14822015

Not all his shows. He's written or directed several of them.
>>
>>14821957
Man who implicitly hates moe shit and cutesey idol's has not directed anything animated in a while >INSPECTOR SHERLOCK, I DO BELIEVE WE HAVE THE FINAL PIECE OF THE PUZZLE
>>
>>14822012
Yep, just like at Itano's other directorial works and you'll see how awful and tasteless he is.
>>
>>14822165

Hold in there Sherlock, I think you're simplifying the matter to support a narrative when looking at the body of his work over the last 20 years gives a different answer: none of it was good. Critically or commercially. Just because he doesn't like moe doesn't make him an automatic failure, since Urobutchi and others who don't generally touch moe still succeed. His work slowed down because he didn't create anything good or popular, not because he disliked moe.
>>
>>14822195
>urobochi
>don't generally touch moe
>>
>>14822012
It doesn't matter whether he has done shit or not.

His criticism of Frontier is equally valid as that of a viewer.
>>
>>14822843
No its not, because Macross isn't aiming to be realistic.
>>
>>14820373
That's fucked. Poor interviewer.
>>
>>14822847
>Macross isn't aiming to be realistic.
That's irrelevant.

It's one thing to aim for realism, and it's actually another to aim for no realism.

In this case, Frontier fucked up, since the show didn't make it aware that we're breaking a realism rule. It's just a retarded mistake by the staff.

Also, says who? Please quote the director saying that he wasn't aiming for realism.
>>
>>14821782
No, you shut up. That's different.
>>
>>14822843

It's not a silly criticism because he's fallen out of favor, it's a silly criticism because he's guilty of the same lack of realise himself and the show was never going for realism anyways as >>14822847 says. His comment regarding the drama is equally toothless considering that Minmei ended the show happy and friends with both Hikaru and Misa. And that Ranka largely mirrors that arc.
>>
>>14822867
>the show was never going for realism anyways as >>14822847
Quote someone on the staff who says that realism was never part of Macross.

>His comment regarding the drama is equally toothless
>relationships were half-assed and the heart of the drama is way too messy
He's 100% right.

People who like Frontier have terrible tastes.
>>
>>14822847
>No its not, because Macross isn't aiming to be realistic.
it is, just only in certain areas.
If macross truly let go of all realism then the VFs would start looking more like mobile armors instead of planes
>>
> think Macross (the original) was popular because of its balance, 1/3 each of cute girls, robots, and songs. But now they say mecha won't sell, robots won't sell, so they turn it into a character-based anime AND they want the fujoshi.
The most damning statement.

Everything he said is on mark. Fuck the fujoshit.
>>
>>14822870

Why would I need a quote to show that planes that transform in to robots and use guns as lighters isn't trying to be 100% realistic and takes liberties in combat for the sake of entertainment or drama? Also, if Ranka was messy drama, then so was Minmei since she went through much the same arc.
>>
>>14822872
VF's only look like planes because Kawamori has a hardon for them.
>>
File: cc5.jpg (143KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
cc5.jpg
143KB, 1280x1024px
>>14821570
Oh boy, I was ever wondering if and if so from where Crime Cities took that from.
>>
>>14821737

i hated frontier a lot
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.