[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your guys' opinions on Gunbuster and then resultantly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 541236.jpg (382KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
541236.jpg
382KB, 1920x1080px
What are your guys' opinions on Gunbuster and then resultantly Diebuster. I haven't seen either but I've heard some mixed reactions, ultimately positive from what I can gather. What do you guys have to say about it as a whole?
>>
>>14819798
why the fuck do you ask anything before watching it? they're both short and can be watched in a single day
>>
>>14819798

Make your own opinion you dumb

It's actually one of my favorite pieces of media if that means anything
>>
I am of the opinion that you may like them but I make no promises.

If you're interested I suggest watching Gunbuster, FLCL as a buffer, then Diebuster.

However I've heard people say that watching episodes of Gunbuster and Diebuster back to back's pretty good. Maybe it's more of a rewatch thing.
>>
>>14819798
Why do you care? Watch it and form your own opinions. It's literally only 12 episodes. Think for yourself, man.
>>
File: Nono.(Gunbuster).full.673269.jpg (185KB, 550x699px) Image search: [Google]
Nono.(Gunbuster).full.673269.jpg
185KB, 550x699px
>>14819798
I loved them both.

I knew I'd love Diebuster because of the whole fun energetic feeling but everyone said you need to watch Gunbuster to understand it so I reluctantly started that up.

Still, after the so-so first episode, even Gunbuster totally captivated me to the end and I'm happy I had decided to watch both.

Definitely recommended.
>>
>>14819798
Gunbuster is the best Mecha Gianax has made.
Diebuster is mediocre at best and kinda fucks up as a sequel. Still there's some cool action and is probably worth watching to know what's up with it.
>>
File: SLIDE_A_034.png (107KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
SLIDE_A_034.png
107KB, 640x480px
>>14819931
>Diebuster is mediocre at best and kinda fucks up as a sequel.

I only felt like Diebuster fucking up as a sequel in the end. In Gunbuster you can infer that Jung told everyone the legend of noriko and kazumi and welcomed them back as heroes of the past but in diebuster its L'Arc doing a thing for her gf.
>>
>Gunbuster
Shamless otaku cash-grab for shallow waifufags.

>Diebuster
le epic randumb shit that appeals to autists

Both represent the only two kinds of cancer Gainax produces.
>>
>>14819798

It's fuckin' great.
>>
>>14820160

3/10 made me reply
>>
Gunbuster is better directed, but Anno was really new at the time and its not perfect. The first four episodes can be pretty boring at times, and Noriko was irritating.

Diebuster is overall a better production, but it doesn't have Anno's genius directing. It also follows the same pattern as Gunbuster, so it doesn't feel very original.

Both pretty good though.
>>
The one thing that bugged me about Diebuster was how it was supposed to be a sequel to Gunbuster, but it had such a different aesthetic and was set so far in the future that it practically had nothing to do with it. Like, Gunbuster obviously got absolutely massive in scale but other than that it felt fairly grounded, like they put a decent effort into making it feel like a plausible sci-fi universe, and then the sequel has talking cats and space magic. The general course of the plot kind of mirrors Gunbuster, and obviously there was the ending, but otherwise it felt like there was nothing tying them together. It felt pretty jarring watching it right after I finished Gunbuster. Still a good series on its own merit, however.
>>
>>14820696
I honestly vastly prefer it that way.
>>
Similar to what >>14820609 said, the Noriko and the first half really spoils Gunbuster for me.

But yeah, it's not too long so watch it and form your own opinion.
>>
>>14819798
I liked Gunbuster but then i went into Diebuster immediately after and the change in designs and direction was jarring so initially i didnt like Diebuster. After rewatching Diebuster i thought it was mediocre but worth a watch since its only 6 eps long.
>>
File: view#2.png (1MB, 1008x720px) Image search: [Google]
view#2.png
1MB, 1008x720px
>>14819798
Gunbuster is my favorite anime, Diebuster one of my favorites. Because Anno is my favorite director and Yoji Enokido is one of my favorite writers. + Sadamoto is my favorite character designer. So this will be biased.

Gunbuster is way better but both are great. Gunbuster being better for the lack of disgusting CGI and better overall story. Gunbuster is a parody that turns into a unique masterpiece. Similar to things like Macross, Eva, Aim for the Ace. Diebuster is extremely different. Similar to TTGL, Re: Cutie Honey, Eva and extremely similar to FLCL. Gunbuster and FLCL are entirely unconnected but Diebuster is sort of a sequel to both. Watch that in between. Same staff on FLCL and Diebuster mostly.

With Diebuster, don't expect anything like a direct sequel. Or even something similar in tone. I like it for what it is, and the connections to gunbuster are actually not that well done

As for downloads go with [EG] and Kagura
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.