[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you still long for the return of Amuro and Char, /m/? Or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

File: 99b.jpg (235KB, 1280x851px) Image search: [Google]
99b.jpg
235KB, 1280x851px
Do you still long for the return of Amuro and Char, /m/?

Or should they stay dead?
>>
How would you feel if The Origin did well enough that they did a full on remake of Mobile Suit Gundam
>>
>>14818507
I want char to return and finish the job of destroying the feds. Amuro can burn in hell though
>>
Well that whole "are they dead or not?" thing from CCA's vague ending is now sealed by both of their ghosts being at the end of Unicorn, so you could really only bring them back between 0093 and 0096.

I'm fine with them staying dead. The franchise needs new stories that aren't shoehorned into the OYW. If it were up to me to pick a character to bring back for more stories, it would be Seabook or Garrod.
>>
>>14818514
I'd vote for it on one condition:
Amuro gets the Alex for A Baoa Qu because 0080 doesn't happen and Bernie gets a happy ending.
Okay, that's two conditions. Whatever.
>>
>>14818514
It'd probably fucking suck, let's face it.
The Origin is already really weak, and I'd rather gouge my fucking eyes out than watch a watered down CG mecha version of 0079
>>
>>14818507
Dead. I feel like 0079, Zeta, and CCA showed all they needed to show for Char and Amuro. Bringing them back again would just feel lame. I would be much more interested in new characters.
>>
>>14818514
>not animating the novel versions
>>
Dead.
I want an OVA about Amuro fucking up Titans while in his Djeh though.
>>
>>14818507
Char is an overrated shit.
In OYW he has completely lost it to a kid who only had 3 month of MS piloting experience.
Char should never ever come back.
>>
>>14818604
he is essentially beaten by gundam rainmans

its not his fault they have space hax
>>
File: 178946946.png (239KB, 409x399px) Image search: [Google]
178946946.png
239KB, 409x399px
I want them back, as MS AI.
Seriously gimme Late UC instead, I'm fucking tired of early UC stuff.
>>
>>14818632
This.
>>
>implying they ded
>>
>>14818507
The story for them is done. What else can you really do? Have char drop a super nuke? a colony full of nukes?

Besides they are NEWTYPE GHOSTS now
>>
>>14819008
Have them do comentary for later gundam shows as newtype ghosts.
You could even have them see through time and commentate on their own stories.
>>
>>14819049
>mystery newtype ghost theater 3000
I'd watch it
>>
>>14819049
A show where the Newtype ghosts comment on all the events after becoming space itselfto judge for themselves if humanity gotten any better once they disappeared. Maybe indirectly or directly control certain newtypes to do their bidding if they must.

That would be interesting I guess.
>>
>>14818514
That's actually what Sunrise is hoping to do in the long term, if Origin does well enough.

>>14818541
Oh please, faggot; the manga's actually one of the better versions of MSG, certainly better than the TV series and about on par with the movies (and the timeline of events is a lot more sensible, at that.)
>>
>>14819086
yes, I certainly like a timeline where the main hero fucking dies to a mook halfway through so the rival can literally take his place

oh and hayato dies too. guy just cant catch a break
>>
>>14819348
I haven't read the origin but amuro dies in it?
>>
>>14819358
not the origin, no, but in the novelization of msg he does
>>
No, CCA was a great sendoff and end to their stories. Amuro pushing Axis is one of my favorite scenes in the whole series and it'd feel pretty dumb and underwhelming to bring either of them back after that.
>>
Mockmentury of them giving their opinion of the UC events from unicorn to g reco
>>
>>14818507
I'm down for more vague ghost appearances. But I'm talking even more vague than the ending of the Unicorn OVA. Like in the Gaia Gear audio drama, the flowery intro makes it sound like the original Char's soul is still floating around through the cosmos, subtly affecting Affranchi's journey.

I'd like to see a far-future, perhaps beyond the Regild Century, where Newtypes have finally outnumbered Oldtypes. I'd imagine that their society would include the "dead" as well as the living in its decision-making process, kind of like the Martians in Heinlein's Stranger in a Strange Land. I can imagine a sort of "Newtype Grand Council" where all living Newtypes mind-meld and come to some consensus, but the input of particularly respected Newtypes are given preference, as well as ancient ghosts who have chosen to remain. And perhaps some of the greats from the Universal Century would be among the latter.
>>
File: 1475614747379.jpg (44KB, 392x495px) Image search: [Google]
1475614747379.jpg
44KB, 392x495px
>>14819348
>yes, I certainly like a timeline where the main hero fucking dies to a mook halfway through so the rival can literally take his place
That's the Third novel in Tomino's Awakening, Escalation, Confrontation trilogy, you mercilessly retarded cunt, and even then, Amuro dies near the end. Char doesn't replace him midway through the story. You've somehow managed to confuse a Gihren's Greed what-if scenario with a misinterpreted version of the novel events and interpreted them as being from a work to which they are completely foreign.

Origin ends very much the same way as the TV series, with some added bonuses with Sayla that I don't want to spoil.
>>
>>14818514
I would love this on the condition that characters like Kamille, that are obviously still around during CCA-Unicorn, get some fucking screen time as to what the hell they are up to.
Judau left and all but Bandai seems to have Kamiru amnesia.
>>
>>14819987
Didn't Kamille retire to be a doctor and Judau went to Jupiter with Roux? I think they didn't want to be get involved on more war shit anymore.
>>
>>14819086
>the manga's actually one of the better versions of MSG
You're just trying to justify the money you spent on it you stupid cunt.
>>
>>14819086
>certainly better than the TV series and about on par with the movies

TV series is better than the movie trilogy you newfag.
>>
File: 212039.jpg (29KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
212039.jpg
29KB, 225x350px
>>14819086
>liking the movies over the original series
>liking origin over the movies

Holy shit, I don't even have to try to make fun of you.

Go sit in the corner and think about what you've just said
>>
>>14820027
Not him, but it's really not.
>>
>>14818507
Them coming back as ghosts in Unicorn was bad enough. Just let the good shows be good and stop milking them. If only sunrise was good enough to make good gundam anymore.
>>
>>14820007
That's only in a manga that follows the ANT storyline where he never got retarded.
The last time we see him in canon universe he's still retarded and frolicking on a beach with Fa at the end of ZZ.
>>
>>14820088
This. The fact that they appeared at all was to finally give closure to Char, who finally let go and left it in the hands of the current generation. Should be glad that they didn't appear fully as newtype ghosts to guide Banana.
>>
>>14820030
THIS.
So much THIS.

Yes, it's true that MSG series was cancelled, but not because of failure of the story. It was killed by sponsors because it wasn't selling toys and Tomino had refused to placate the toy copanies.
It's true that the franchise initially gained steam through re-showings of the compilation movie trilogy, and that Tomino did omit the most toyetic thing from the series (the G-Armor) on purpose, but it also omitted over half of the story for time constraints.
>but MOBILE ARMOR OF THE WEEK
There are only like a half-dozen in the entire 42 episode series
>but SALT EPISODE
It's actually "Sayla's Agony" and 90% of it made it into the movie. Only the three minutes or so that actually discuss the salt shortage was cut. You can even still see the map in M'Quve's office showing the White Base changing course toward the lake.
>>
>>14820129

> it wasn't selling toys and Tomino had refused to placate the toy copanies.

I'm curious what he refused to do and how you know this, because he certainly placated the toy companies in numerous ways during 0079, including the designs of the lead units being changed and inclusion of minor units to help increase variety and numbers.
>>
>>14820134
At the end of the day, you still need your paycheck, even if you are an artist. Not everyone can try and bend execs to their will like Bill Watterson did, lest they lose their job, so the best thing is to try and improvise with the tools you're stuck with.
>>
>>14820299

I don't fault him for doing it. He managed to make a good show despite having to placate them in my opinion. I'm just curious what he thinks Tomino refused to do or if he has proof of it.
>>
File: _DSC1113.jpg (108KB, 1600x1062px) Image search: [Google]
_DSC1113.jpg
108KB, 1600x1062px
>>14820134
>what he refused to do
One of the supposed strengths of the three Project V mobile suits was the fact that the Core Block System allowed the to interchange upper and lower parts (Gundam top with Guntank bottom, Guntank top with Guncannon legs, etc) and Tomino just left that out of the show. The Gundam combining with the G-Armor made it in under protest, but Tomino kind of retconned it out of existence when the films were made.
>>
>>14818507
As much as we love watching Amuro and Char go at it, I think that we can all agree that they are legendary characters who need to be put to rest so we can move on to something new.
In a way I think that was apart of Unicorn's message, we need to let go of Zeon and move into the later Universal Century.

Remakes are alright if done sparsely, like every 10-15 years, but to bring them from the grave would be stupid.
>>
How do we prove that Char was right and his enemies have only worsen the situation for humanity?
>>
>>14819055
>Char criticises Amuro
>Lalah is teasing Char and friendzoning Amuro
>>
>>14820008
Can't blame him, it's money well spent after all. Considering this is /m/ though we must hate popular thing and director as is the case with all the hate Tomino and others have been getting lately
>>
>>14820008
>>14820030
>Hurr Origin hatetrain hurr
i can understand being a nostalgiafag but the origin Manga is objectively as good as the movies while clearing up or changing many of the plot details that made little sense in the TV series without someone having to go into a long winded argument to try and justify them, its hardly a reskinned MSG so much as it is something of its own (the SEED Manga that's on hiatus because the artist(?) died is a similar case) and anyone who cant see that is a fucking dipshit who's not worth the time or effort required to commit to an argument.

>>14820453
>we need to let go of Zeon
Good luck getting the Zeonfags to do so.
>>
>>14820608
>implying it isn't Char who ends up friendzoned
>Honey I'm home!
>Char, what did we say about dropping giant asteroids in this household?
>>
>>14818565
Allow me to reveal Banco's Long Term Plan

Decades have passed since the original 79 aired, so they know they can now re-intro early UC to a new generation. Thus, we're now slowly transitioning to the Origins manga adaptations.

After that, once several more decades have passed and the current generations have moved on/grown old, it's time to adapt the novels to re-re-introduce UC to yet another new generation.
>>
>>14818586
Mah nigga
>>
>>14820030
>>14820008
Fuck off newfags, when the Origin manga was being released in the states /m/ was giddy about each release like a kid on Christmas morning. Do you even know who wrote it? YAS, dammit. Hes every bit as important to Gundam as Tomino and frankly hes a more coherent storyteller, although I adore Tomino as well
>>14820027
Youre just fucking delusional. Read any interview about Gundam Nostalgia with people in the in the industry, its all about the movies in japan, everyone knows the original show has alotta problems and overly goofy super robot stuff and a rushed ending. Fuckin misguided weeb shitter
Yeah the show should most definitely be seen but dont put it on a Holy Pedestal
No one cares about the Gyan
Chars Counter Attack flashback is the movie, not the show, in a scene where things were changed! The implications to canon should be very obvious.
>>
I'm fine with them saying dead, or ascended into Newtype Land or whatever it is they are
I kinda wish Amuro had survived to go on and have a peaceful life though, he deserved it
>>
File: ness.gif (481KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
ness.gif
481KB, 225x225px
>>14820027
>>14820030
>is better than the movies
>Does not have YES MY SWEETEST

Choose one, and fuck off Noahposter
>>
File: Rx-93-v-2.jpg (746KB, 967x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Rx-93-v-2.jpg
746KB, 967x1067px
Hi-Nu > Nu
>>
>>14820129

>making fun of salt

dude, you haven't lived a life in agony before you've tried to go without salt for a few weeks
>>
>>14818507
I'd like them to stay dead, and just let their legacy remain where it is. The idea that despite their fight (mostly Char's fault) dragging in the entire well-being of Earth, and the world can move on with out them is great. At the end, everyone realizes what a mistake it the battle was, and everyone helps push Axis back, Federation and Zeon alike. Honestly, if we're ever going to have some form of Zeon hang up their hats, this is that moment.

But no, gotta get those Gundam bucks. Banana's special Gundam has the Power of God, and he can block a colony shot by himself! There's a guy that looks and sounds just like Char! Is it really him?
If you're going to pull off shit like Full Frontal, you may as well just bring Char back. For fuck's sake.
>>
>>14823763
>if we're ever going to have some form of Zeon hang up their hats, this is that moment.

This. The whole Axis Shock moment was to prove that mankind willing to put aside their differences when mother earth was under threat.

Maybe Char's philosophy are correct maybe they aren't but the main point of CCA is that mankind will always killing each other off and newtype being used as a weapon in a new war but mankind will persevere and united when humanity itself was threaten.

I pity the alien who try to invade the UC universe.
>>
>>14823677
That's real fuckin' cute, kid
>>
>>14823763

> Honestly, if we're ever going to have some form of Zeon hang up their hats, this is that moment.

I disagree, because no-one besides Amuro ever realizes anything about Char or Zeon, nothing about Zeon as a cause is discussed and even in the finale only a handful of Zeon of pilots actually help Amuro while loads of Zeon ships sit in the background lamenting the loss of Char and the failure of his plan. CCA isn't a "Zeon hang up their hats" moment, it's a "Char is a loser" moment. And it's only a moment for the viewers, not for anyone besides Amuro within UC itself.

> and he can block a colony shot by himself!

No, he can't. Riddhe had to be there and even with his help the two of them were failing to stop it, only succeeding in the end because Marida got Banagher to power up. It was a three person effort, including one help from beyond the time.

Even in the Unicorn interviews pastebin (http://pastebin.com/eT7jMp7N) it says that Marida talks to Banagher and his will becomes one with the universe, her talk with him being necessary to guide him to that point.
>>
>>14823677
wrong thread
>>
>>14818534
>Bernie gets shot down in some random fight because there was no Alex for his team to steal
>>
We see one ms thruster trail leave axis before its pushed away. The only suit left at the time was the Nu Gundam. CCA was flawless and ended the rivalry pretty well. My guess is both parties parted ways and disappeared. Amuro probably became the family man Tomino originally wanted and Char went off on some soul searching or whatever.

Would I be ok with an adaptaion of Beltorchika's children? Sure if its an alternate universe.
>>
>>14828644
fuck off trip fag, go shit up the gunpla general
>>
>>14818507
katoki's design for these he used on the kits are the best versions of them.
>>
File: 1419985220815.png (60KB, 325x273px) Image search: [Google]
1419985220815.png
60KB, 325x273px
>>14828682
Says the faggot who's shitposting while the tripfag is actually on topic.
>>
>>14823659
But the film replaces 宇宙よ with YES MY SWEETEST.

Don't get me wrong, YES MY SWEETEST is god-tier, but I think they should've held it off till the credits begin. Nothing beats hearing Amuro putting off suicide for another day while (a version of) this beautiful tune plays:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvAqRcqplB0
>>
>>14823980
>CCA isn't a "Zeon hang up their hats" moment, it's a "Char is a loser" moment. And it's only a moment for the viewers, not for anyone besides Amuro within UC itself.

C'mon. It's not explicitly stated, but it doesn't need to be; that the whole Earth Sphere seeing a giant magical rainbow aura halo around the Earth makes people rethink their wish to go to war and fight and stuff. At least for quite a while.

Unicorn and some other little things (like F90) contradict that, but I'm talking about what we're supposed to be thinking back in '88 when we watched CCA in theaters and could've thought it was the very end of the saga.
>>
>>14818514
>full on remake of Mobile Suit Gundam
in full CG?
>>
>>14829915

Actually, I think it does need to be. Because even if you want to grant that everyone in the Earthsphere saw a miracle, that's no guarantee of peace. Or even that anyone would connect it to Zeon and lay down arms. It's just as likely that if everyone saw a miracle the very first thing they'd do is start fighting about what caused it. Or what it means. Or what should be done about it. Or whatever.

I don't think everyone saw a miracle though. Most of the Zeon personnel there were on ships and didn't care. Of them we only got Nanai's reaction, and she was just sad that Char died. The other bridge personnel there made no reaction to the Axis Shock at all, just commented that Char was gone. Most of the people on Earth just saw some light in the sky. Seeing light in the sky doesn't make you think "miracle". If you think it does you're a liar. What they thought was "what's that?", before moving on because it was just a weird thing they saw and meant nothing to them. It'd be like seeing the aurora and going "miracle". We don't see the reaction of anyone in the Colonies, but I doubt most of them saw or cared. They'd have to have been looking out at Earth for the hour or day it lasted to see it, and I doubt most of them were doing that given they had lives to live.

The only people who seem to have thought it a miracle were Bright and a few EF troops who were directly on the scene. And it's highly doubtful most people took their word about events at face value even if they saw it as a miracle and did try to spread the interpretation it should be a sign for peace.
>>
>>14823411
>No one cares about the Gyan

Yas certainly seemed to, seeing as he not only still found a way to keep it in Origin, he even wrote a sidestory which solidified its status as M'quve's personal MS.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.