[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is GR any good? I know it is apparently not as good as the Giant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: GR.jpg (34KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
GR.jpg
34KB, 480x480px
Is GR any good? I know it is apparently not as good as the Giant Robo OVA but I like Chiaki J Konaka's works a lot, Especially Big O, so I wanted to check it out, but it seems like it's not easy to find a subbed copy of (there are incomplete episodes on Youtube, so it must exist somewhere) and I'm wondering how worth searching for it is.
>>
File: subswhen.png (3MB, 1284x1504px) Image search: [Google]
subswhen.png
3MB, 1284x1504px
>>14815097
I've been wanting to watch it since apparently it's a more accurate adaption of the manga except with some female characters.

Same with the unfinished Mars OVA
>>
GR has been pinned by sub ninjas for years now.

Real shame because it looks several kinds of weird and interesting.
>>
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=311408

There's a torrent for raws here, and eps 1-3 are subbed on youtube somewhere, but that's all we've got.

I personally think that even if the show stinks, someone should still sub it if for no other reason than the short length and the pure curiosity about what it is. It's also one of the only mecha shows in the 2000s with no complete dub, or sub. Not even an HK set.
>>
>>14815311
Here's a shocker, maybe someone might even like the show.

I know my gut feeling well enough, and it tells me repeatedly to keep an eye on GR in case it gets subbed.
>>
>>14815316

I agree. I don't think it'll be Imagawa level, but I am interested in what the show has to offer.
>>
It's good. If you like Ultraman Gaia, Big O or Digimon Tamers, you will like it. But it's nothing like the manga at all and even have some references to the live action show.
>>
>>14815311
Alpha-Numbers wanted to set up a side project for this, but they got ninja'ed on their first project.
http://alphanumbers.big-metto.net/
>>
I'm so curious about this

I'm sure it's nothing like The Day the Earth Stood Still but I've wanted to watch it forever none the less.
>>
File: stop greentexting mars.png (2MB, 777x1194px) Image search: [Google]
stop greentexting mars.png
2MB, 777x1194px
>>14815266
>Same with the unfinished Mars OVA
???

That's an even less accurate adaptation than Shinseikiden. Other than the updated designs it's pretty fucking bad, not to mention ends on a cliffhanger.
>>
>>14815266
>>14816881
I didn't even know this was a thing. Where can I download it? I can only find Shin Seiki Den.
>>
>>14816900
The raws are up on nyaa I think. If you've read the manga you can pretty much follow the plot without subs.
>>
>>14816903
>no seeds
Fuck.
>>
>>14816908
If all else fails, Hokuto no Gun might have some DDLs on their site somewhere.
>>
>>14815311
One of the three episodes was taken down though which is a bit awkward.
>>
>>14816908
https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=840155

Works fine for me.
>>
>>14817182
Oh, thanks. I didn't see that.
>>
>>14816881
>Even less accurate
>can follow if read the manga

What did he mean by this
>>
I've had the full series of GR/2007 (raw) for a while now, and liked it's variant approach as a re-do revival. I've also seen a full set of covers for the HK release, which likely has poor English subs. Very hard to find on this side of the world.
>>
>>14820028
Could you upload to mega or something?

The nyaa in this thread has 1 seeder to 2 leechers.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.