[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what are the cables on its body for? Seems like the Zaku

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

File: ms-06f.jpg (60KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
ms-06f.jpg
60KB, 400x400px
So what are the cables on its body for?

Seems like the Zaku II doesn't suffer any if one or more of them gets cut or severed.
>>
>>14814963
IIRC they're energy cables, aren't they?
>>
>>14814963
I thought they were coolant tubes. Like if you cut a few it's fine, but give it ten minutes and it's too hot to trot
>>
>>14815052
considering that ragtag team of Zakus in the 08th MSteam, sounds unlikely. That shit took place Southeastern Asia.
>>
>>14814997
That seems to be the angle Bandai is going with now.
>>
>>14814963
weekly zaku cables thread?
>>
>>14814997
This.

If they get cut, the Zaku loses the ability to sprint/jump/etc.
>>
>>14816003
So why place them outside?
Are Zeeks dumb?
>>
>>14816014
It somehow allows the Zaku II to have better performance than the Zaku I and i dont fucking know what fetid cheese dreams run through the heads of Zeonic's engineers that somehow justifies exposing key power lines as a good idea.
>>
>>14816014
A E S T H E T I C S
>>
>>14816014
Probably there is no room to fit them inside. The frame and armor occupy all internal space.

They are bypassing a knee joint after all.
>>
File: RX-78-2.jpg (109KB, 799x1005px) Image search: [Google]
RX-78-2.jpg
109KB, 799x1005px
>>14816038
wwww, dumb spacenoids
>>
>>14816026
> Zeonic's engineers that somehow justifies exposing key power lines as a good idea.
They aren't key. The Zaku II can still function without them, it just allows for more strength in the legs for things like kicking.

See the new trailer for The Origin, the Bugu has leg cables and it's capable of jumping higher and running way faster than the Zaku I. Also he kicks the shit out of a dude.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4wefyn_gundam-the-origin-iv-eve-of-destiny-pv-theme-song-ver_tv
>>
>>14816054
Its made out of a super advanced alloy which is more durable and lighter than super hardened steel, which is what the zaku II is made of. There is more internal space with the same or greater protection.
>>
File: BUGU.jpg (3MB, 1660x2173px) Image search: [Google]
BUGU.jpg
3MB, 1660x2173px
>>14816061
>the Bugu has leg cables
No it doesn't, you nerd
:^)
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (80KB, 250x420px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
80KB, 250x420px
>>14816220
dohohoho
>>
>>14816220

That's a very detailed line art for a crappy design made for 90s CG processing power
>>
Because it looks cool you pleb
Autistic in-universe explanations atent necessary
>>
>>14816014
The Zaku II was made to fight things like tanks since it was an early MS. Not other mobile suits that could reach out to grab them, cut them with beam sabers (tho in that case it wouldn't matter if they were inside or not), etc.
>>
File: CCMS-03_Bugu.jpg (177KB, 814x1084px) Image search: [Google]
CCMS-03_Bugu.jpg
177KB, 814x1084px
>>14816235
sheesh they even look similar, mainly the chest section

>>14816258
Okiwara did pretty good with them. The Bugu is my favorite Zak.
>>
>>14816310
But tanks could just shoot the cables with coaxial guns or cannons.
>>
>>14816432
That is really, really hard.

It's also round, and is somewhat flexible. I think a 120mm would glace off, and it would be sufficiently armored against small arms. Even a .50 or 20mm would have an insignificant chance , you would be better off picking easier (torso, skirt, joints) or softer (cameras) targets than going for a hail mary type of shot that wont even 100% disable it
>>
>>14816054
What he >>14816068 He say

In space you have limited resources, we all know the reason the federation could manufacture better suits is because of the resources Earth give then.
>>
>>14816432
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJaXTioSVCI

try shooting a chain with bullets and see what happens.
>>
>>14816432
Bulletproof cables.

I mean come on, where did you get your gundam engineering degree?
>>
>>14816454
a better comparison would be someone trying to shoot a garden hose.
>>
>>14816471
Except the cables are clearly armored. Have you not assembled the RG Zaku II?

A better comparison would be someone shooting at a chain with composite armor surrounding it.
>>
>>14816481
cables are not chains, and would not react the same.
>>
>>14816500
Now add segmented tank armor around it and you are starting to get close.
>>
>>14816061
So? Losing them is still detrimental to performance which can kill, and Zeon stopped using exposed power cables on mp suits after the Gouf (with the exception of MUH ZAKUS and only likely because the Zaku design offered little in the way of compromise for power supply) so obviously they realized it was a dumb idea at some point particularly because the cables are very exposed to melee attack from enemy mobile suits.
>>
>>14819872
Obviously it isn't an ideal situation, and non exposed cables are better, but it's a great way to add extra performance to a model which would otherwise be limited by armor, weight and internal space constraints.

The suits after the gouf were all made out of titanium ceramic instead of steel, this allowed them greater freedom with their internal frames without weakening the structure. The steel zaku needed every bit of reinforcement, especially in the knees.
>>
>>14814963

Septic Tank
>>
The cables are a part of the fluid pulse system
They arent required to be external but they make the suit move faster than smaller internal versions

This is why they put them on the outside for zaku II but Zaku I had them hidden under the armor
>>
the cables are filled with flour and air and pop to look like you've done some serious damage, when in fact they are vestigial and exist solely to throw you off

that's the power of Zeon engineering
>>
File: 44125.png (2MB, 1775x810px) Image search: [Google]
44125.png
2MB, 1775x810px
>>14816235
>>14816358

It really is a Bugu (not Zaku).
>>
>>14823160
That's no Zaku I, boy. No Zaku I.
>>
>>14819872
lol, a stray bullet is way more likely to be hitting those wires than a melee attack. but yes the wires are for the fluid pulse system. the bugu has too many wires but it's got better performance (power output, speed etc.) as a result. the zaku I put the wires inside but it performs very mediocre because of it. So they rolled out the Zaku II design which is right between those two models.

MS are really not designed to be taking a bajillion rounds like a Battletech mech. Losing those powerlines is relatively unlikely, doesn't kill them, and is ostensibly worth the penalty to survivability for MS of that tech tier.
>>
>>14825805
All fine and good until some Austistic Ginger in a Gundam goes Optimus Prime on your Zaku's face.
>>
>>14825822
>ginger

don't associate that fuck with us
>>
>>14825857
>Implying i wasn't using a joke reference to how people get Amuro's hair color wrong
Good god you people are so fucking dense sometimes
>>
>>14826089
He was joking too and your joke was really bad and full of dumb buzzwords
>>
あなた達はGセイバーをアメリカで映画化したいのか?色々無理があると思うぞカメラ映りが悪いと当時ハリウッド制作人がぼやいてた、人間との対比がトランスフォーマーやTitanfallぐらいがちょうどいいと落ち着いた雰囲気あるのに大きくするなら対比を考えないpacificrimぐらいの全長100メートルぐらいになる18メートルはアメリカでは中途半端なんだ
>>
File: The_Blazing_Shadow_Mechanics2.jpg (195KB, 939x1429px) Image search: [Google]
The_Blazing_Shadow_Mechanics2.jpg
195KB, 939x1429px
Supposedly, the cables are for better transferring reactor heat to the rest of the mobile suit, which is used for igniting propellant more efficiently.

Later Zeon mobile suits mostly had this as well with some exceptions, but their increase in size let them work it into the actual frame.

>>14826566
And a ching chong nip nong to you too, young man!
>>
I'm confused about some Zaku II nomenclature, there is the MS-06F the standard Zaku II for most of the OYW. There's also the Fs which is a commander version, and a S which is another commander version? Then there are also F types with a commander's antenna, so what's the difference between a Fs (Garma's personal Zaku was a Fs) and a S type commander?
>>
>>14816270
this

I really don't know why /m/ still ask shit like this
>>
>>14826501
>good jokes
>on 4chan
Anon I...
>>
>>14831125
FS had four 40mm guns mounted in the head
>>
>>14831178
But the performance was the same as a F-type? 4 40mm vulcans hardly seems worth noting as a deviation of the standard.
>>
>>14831125
FS was a further modification and limited production
S type could be converted directly from F type, no differences
You run into similar problems in ground suits.
The F was the primary all-terrain suit.
The J was a much more efficient ground-only type.
The JC was a modified limited production ground type originally codified due to performance specs discrepancies with 08th MS Team's included literature.
The D type refers to two models of desert-specialized Zaku II.
>>
>>14831125
The FS and S are both command types, but the S type is newer. In the beginning there was no separate/specific command model Zaku, so customized/modified F type Zakus were given to commanders and officers and called the FS type. The FS type machines probably would have been a field conversion and refit of an existing F type. Some had vulcans added and were given improved thrusters. Later on factories produced the improved S type specifically to fill that command role. S types had even better engine performance and were built that way from the beginning as opposed to being modified F type machines.

http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=15005
>>
>>14814963
There is no way in hell the creator thought about that. He just thought "this looks good enough to sell toys"
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.