[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would Luke Skywalker make a good mobile suit pilot? What would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 9

File: Luke-Skywalker_dd9c9f9b.jpg (68KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
Luke-Skywalker_dd9c9f9b.jpg
68KB, 768x432px
Would Luke Skywalker make a good mobile suit pilot?

What would he pilot? Would he be better than armuro?
>>
>>14806073
I don't think he'd pilot a mobile suit. He'd kick ass in a Variable Fighter instead.
>>
>>14806073
Isn't he basically a newtype?
>>
>>14806125

A VF with Ghosts.
>>
>>14806129
Newtypes are the UC equivalent of Force-sensitive individuals.
>>
>>14806073
If nothing else he'd be able to pilot a core fighter like a champ.
>>
Weren't a lot of early MS pilots former fighter pilots? I think he'd do fine, not to mention his Force powers and all that.
>>
He'd beat amuro easy
The force literally tells you what to do and guides you. That trumps Newtype intuition
>>
>>14806129
Kamille is literally Luke
Anyone have that image? You know the one
>>
>>14806627
Jedi have dealing with people who aren't part of their force, as seen with the yuuzhan vong
>>
>>14806181Transitioning between fighters and MS piloting seems to be no issue in UC. Many Characters do it all the time
>>
>>14806631
>As seen with {Not Canon lameshit}
I guess CDA is canon too huh
>>
>>14806073
He would star in Wing and pilot the X.
I'm not even sorry.
>>
>>14806154
I sure hope Sunrise won't try to rationalize Newtypes with something as lame as midi-chlorian
>>
>>14806637
Star In X and pilot the Wing.
>>
>>14806631

The Vong were also removed from the Force at some point in their history despite originally being Force Sensitive and their absence is a notably un-natural occurrence. There's no real reason to suppose Amuro or humans in general wouldn't be within the Force, especially if you're talking about human Newtypes,who are essentially knock off Force users.

There's also the fact Luke didn't have as much trouble with the Vong as other Jedi from what I recall, so if it's a question about him in particular it's not a strong point regardless.
>>
>>14806073
>armuro

I sure hope he's better than your spelling is.
>>
>>14806073
Luke would be a pretty good mobile suit pilot but then a soft-reboot would make it so everything he worked for was for nothing.
>>
>>14806796
Almost every show with EFSF ends in this way. The colonial problem isn't solved, so the Zeon rises again
>>
>>14806633
It is quite literally the same cockpit.
>>
>>14806706
The problem is that the Vong don't 'show up' in the force- So you can't force pull/push them, but you can pull their weapons, push things on them, etc.

It throws the jedi off because they're essentially nulls.

Luke gets round it in EU by looking for the empty spots where they are.

The Vong are fucking stupid as shit though and only created to be edgy as fuck and give the Jedi an enemy they couldn't hurt, when the better story is that there's too few of them to really change the galaxy on their own.
>>
>>14806636
>liking new Disney shit-canon
>not admiring the real Star Wars
>>
>>14807165
Most of the EU is fucking garbage even when it was canon. Literally all that matters is the original trilogy and MAYBE shadows of the empire.
>>
>>14807144
>the better story is that there's too few of them to really change the galaxy on their own

I do hope that Episode VIII will touch on this in some detail. Luke's gotta have his own arc about failing to train the next generation, but I wonder if part of that is going to deal with being alone against the universe, about idealism versus cynicism and all that noir-esque jazz.
>>
>>14807176
I actually hope it's the opposite- That he was energized because he trained a new generation, and then Kylo, his nephew, became such a little bitch and fucked everything up.

Then again the canon for the new movies is all sorts of fucked, because they have to explain why things are sorta-similar after such a wide time gap.

The problem is all the expanded universe stuff, including the new movies, try to make Jedis-as-galaxy-changers because the original trilogy had Luke making hte deciding attack on the death star. When it forgets that Luke is the tip of a spear crafted out of the entire rebel alliance.

The point of the prequel trilogy, which is one of the few things I like about it, was to show that the Jedi are incapable of controlling the galaxy. They're too small. They're meant to be wandering sages and peace-keepers.
>>
>>14807181
>I actually hope it's the opposite

Oh yeah, that's what I meant, as well. Luke has to deal with his idealistic vision being shattered by stark reality, and he undoubtedly blames himself for failing to keep Ben on a proper leash.
>>
>>14806629
nope. luke is not autistic
>>
>>14807171
>MAYBE shadows of the empire
>not the Thrawn trilogy
If you're gonna cherrypick, at least take the best.
>>
>>14807206
Thrawn didn't tell anything that needed to be told, it was just fluff. I say shadows maybe because it helps bridge the gap between New Hope and Empire but I say only maybe because honestly you don't really NEED anything more than what the movies provide.
>>
>>14807206

He didn't cherrypick Shadows of the Empire, he included it as a possibility since Lucas had a direct hand in it's creation, coming up with the new characters and plot from what I know. Really The Clone Wars should be in if you're including something on those grounds though.
>>
>>14806073
The Force would make him one.
And by "the Force" I mean microscopic blood parasites.
>>
Yes,he would. Seeing as he figured out the X-Wing super quickly and had an insane knack for piloting. I think he`d probably pilot a psycoframe-equipped MS and use the frame to do Force attacks with his MS.
>>
>>14807144
>there's too few of them to really change the galaxy on their own
Except for that whole significant part of the movies where they changed the galaxy on their own.
Arguably twice.
>>
>>14807165
>bringing up the Vong as an appealing alternative

what's it like having shit taste?
Vong were garbage, they can stay uncanon
>>
>Force newtype hax
>good fighter pilot skills
Moebius Zero suits him well.
>>
>>14807165
>EU fanfic garbage
>Real star wars
I would punch you the fuck out if you said this to me irl you fuckin faggot manchild
Getting rid of that fucking idiotic collection of books literally written with a middle achool aged audience in mind was the BEST thing Disney has done in years
Eat shit, not even Thrawn is worth saving
>>
>>14807764
show us on the doll where the book touched you
>>
>>14807181
Even in that there were too many jedi
>>
>>14807191
>>14806629
LITERALLY
LUKE
>>
>>14806073
He would be terrible
>>
>>14810398

Got any particular reason why?
>>
>>14807795

If only Mark Hamill could have voiced Kamille when he was younger
>>
>>14807795
MFW when A CHAR is growling
...also Fa is not cute enough.
>>
>>14807795
Not extreme enough.
>>
Not sure. He'd be fucking amazing in Macross though
>>
>>14807795
threw up in my mouth a little bit tbqh
>>
File: Primetheengine.jpg (185KB, 1296x972px) Image search: [Google]
Primetheengine.jpg
185KB, 1296x972px
Donno about luke but I did find Han's Mobilesuit.
>>
>>14811883

Han would pilot a ship, not a suit.
>>
>>14806073
Amuro IS basically an anime Luke Skywalker. You can completely transplant them in their respective universes and still have effectively the same story.
>>
He's a whiny psychic teenager

There's literally no way he could be more qualified, other than maybe having a more stupid name
>>
>>14812328
At least Luke doesn't have a girl's name.
>>
>>14812318
>Luke getting slapped by Noa
I need this.
>>
>>14807764
The Thrawn Trilogy is on par with the original movies, though.
>>
>>14811883
Oh fuck, that looks amazing, even if it weren't related to the falcon, that is a fucking cool looking Gundam. I love all the square panels and added kickbacks, as well as the color scheme and star wars "used universe" feel.
>>
File: GoaYF-21-620x.jpg (86KB, 620x443px) Image search: [Google]
GoaYF-21-620x.jpg
86KB, 620x443px
>>14806073
>>
File: jion-06.jpg (555KB, 3020x2133px) Image search: [Google]
jion-06.jpg
555KB, 3020x2133px
>>14810399
Luke pilots an X-Wing very much the same way in space as he would on Earth. Star Wars seems to operate on different laws of physics.

Nothing in fiction is ever a 100% representation of how things would actuallyl work, but say what you want about Gundam; it at least makes some effort to acknowledge acceleration/deceleration/inertia in a Zero G vacuum, which is something that Star Wars, to my knowledge, has never done in any real capacity. I like to imagine that he'd keep the acceleration foot pedal pressed down and wonder why he isn't slowing down when he removes his foot.

Basically, space combat in Gundam would blow Luke Skywalker's mind.
>>
File: 1471733905358.jpg (280KB, 1627x2236px) Image search: [Google]
1471733905358.jpg
280KB, 1627x2236px
>>14815126
>Star Wars seems to operate on different laws of physics.

Nah, it's just that they're so far ahead tech-wise that a lot of stuff no longer applies. Some of the EU books touch on how the various craft perform differently in atmosphere vs space (the standard TIE fighter sucks ass in atmosphere but actually outmaneuvers an X-Wing in space), but in all cases the craft have some sort of tech handwave to get away with performing to the levels they do. It's literally just how stuff works in Star Wars.

In your scenario, with Luke transplanted from one universe to another an left to fend for his own, he'd probably be a little confused initially, but he'd settle into the new restrictions just fine. Keep in mind, he got his start flying what was basically Star Wars' version of a shitty crop duster--he knows how flight dynamics work.
>>
>>14807795
They really should have added Sting as Yazan.
>>
>>14815257
What do you mean.

Sting isn't Yazan?
>>
>>14815171
Skyhoppers aren't that shitty.

Hell back in the old EU they were good enough all the way up to military duty as a trainer craft.

Honestly Luke had it pretty cushy back in the day, it's just that the life of a moisture farmer is MIND NUMBINGLY BORING.
>>
>>14815171
>Nah, it's just that they're so far ahead tech-wise that a lot of stuff no longer applies.
>but in all cases the craft have some sort of tech handwave to get away with performing to the levels they do. It's literally just how stuff works in Star Wars.
I'd love to know what they are, because in 25 years of me bring privy to Star Wars, I've never seen any explanation as why an X-Wing fucking yaws in space, or how they slow down without any visible means of deceleration, for example.

Tech manuals and cutaway diagrams have been entirely unhelpful in this regard. They seem to ignore the issue just as thoroughly as the films/games/novels do.
>>
>>14815349

The Force.
>>
>>14807206
>Luuke
>Luuuke
>>
>>14806073
>Would Luke Skywalker make a good mobile suit pilot?
Of course. He's a newtype and he's already skilled with a beam saber..
>What would he pilot?
Force Impulse.
I shouldn't have to explain why.
Would he be better than armuro?
No.
>>
>>14815126

> it at least makes some effort to acknowledge acceleration/deceleration/inertia in a Zero G vacuum

In most entries yes. The original Gundam though, written about the same time as Star Wars, and it's movie trilogy don't make any such effort. Certainly the original Gundam design has no visible maneuvering thrusters on the animation model (some gunpla do I think) but speeds up and slows down in space all the same. As do all other units, from Balls, to Doms to Salamises. All the units have their main thrusters on constantly when moving too, as if they're in atmosphere.

The difference between Star Wars and Gundam is that Gundam moved on from 1979/0079 and successive entries featured new technology in new designs. Star Wars is basically stuck with the same thing it's had since Episode IV though, and while there have been new designs, the originals became iconic and everything had to do what the originals did, for better or worse. So you couldn't introduce new X-Wings with maneuvering thrusters and have them act more realistically. Not that many even wanted to most likely. Rebels had Vader use realistic physics in one of the opening episodes of season 2 and there's probably one or two other instances of it, but while both were originally written and made in the late 70s with more simple physics in mind, Gundam moved on and Star Wars didn't.

>>14815349

I'd assume the unit automatically increases thrust in two of the engines while decreasing thrust in the other two engines so as to create movement along whatever axis he desired, be it pitch, yaw or roll. The astromech could be the one doing it, but it's more likely the unit itself that's doing it.
>>
>>14806129
He's more powerful then any Newtype. Force-Users are what Newtypes wish they could be.
>>
>>14806073
>Would Luke Skywalker make a good mobile suit pilot?

Absolutely

>What would he pilot?
A Gundam.

>Would he be better than armuro?
Yes because Star Wars powerlevels are on another level.
>>
>>14807144
I don't really see what about the Vong make them hard for Jedi to hurt. Just sense for an empty spot in the force then chuck a big rock at them. Or hell, use the force to make sure a thermal detonator or their fucking lightsaber goes there to kill the edgy fucker.
>>
File: 1389411191250.png (231KB, 596x412px) Image search: [Google]
1389411191250.png
231KB, 596x412px
>>14807359
>that feel when the Vong were going to show up in Clone Wars and thus be canon but the show as canceled before it could happen
>>
>>14815171
Honestly Luke in any Gundam universe, even Turn A or whatever people say is the most advanced, would probably be confused due to have shit the tech is in comparison to his galaxy very far far away.

>It takes you months to move from one planet to another in the SAME SYSTEM? You people have never been outside your home system?

Fuck using The Force to become an MS pilot. He'd probably get a job at some company like Anaheim Electronics and use his knowledge of SW science to advance tech faster than it would have normally.
>>
>>14816574
If we go by EU, Luke was already pretty much a genius when it comes to engineering considering he built a replacement starship for Mara Jade on his own as well as customizing his own and others starships and starfighters.
>>
>>14816574
>>14816615
So would Luke do things like rewrite an MS' entire OS on the fly while it was in operation?
>>
>>14816630
That's more something an astromech would do. He was an accomplished mechanic though, maintaining both his skyhopper and antique landspeeder all on his own before he left Tatooine.
>>
>>14816538
Its what we call "bad writing"
>>
>>14816641
I don't really see how Luke could use all that tech and not learn at least a little bit about the code it all runs on.
>>
>>14812328
But star wars is where Tomino got the funny names from
Skywalker, Organa, Wedge, Biggs Darklighter, come on man its so obvious
>>
>>14816615
>If we go by EU
Lets not do that
Let it go, anon
EU Luke does retarded shit that isnt even in his movie personality. Also, his Force Hax get ridiculous and far beyond anything Lucas ever intended
This is like championing Ghost written Tom Clancy paperbacks. Please stop its pure cringe
>>
>Disney buys Bandai
>Luke in SRW
>Becomes Bros with Amuro
>Flirts with all the Peace Princesses
>Tells Shinji that he reeks of the Dark Side and should be more careful about his Feels
I want this
>>
>>14816714
>trench run on the Death Star goes bad for whatever reason
>so they try crashing Axis into the thing

>Mobile Suits landing on and fighting Star Destroyers with fucking Heat Hawks

>Chewie being a pilot you can put in anything really

>the Emperor upgrading the Death Star WITH THE HELP OF KIOJI!
>>
>>14806674
The two are completely different. The problem with midi-chlorians is that they take what was originally purely a spiritual concept and turn it into a biological concept. Newtypes were biological from the beginning, being the result of evolution. So Sunrise can't ruin newtypes the way Lucas did to The Force.
>>
>>14807764
>Getting rid of that fucking idiotic collection of books literally written with a middle achool aged audience

As opposed to the new movies which are aimed at prepubescent children in mind?
>>
>>14816705
>I have no idea what I'm talking about and type like a retard.
>"cringe"
Please kill yourself.
>>
>>14806073
Whatever mech he will pilot, it will have an X-wing-like core fighter with those wings with thrusters turning into backpack. Bonus: blue beam saber and "force frame"
>>
File: 1469351991512.jpg (315KB, 984x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469351991512.jpg
315KB, 984x720px
>>14816749
>upgrading the Death Star WITH THE HELP OF KIOJI!
That's no moon....IT'S A GUNDAM.
>>
>>14807165
>being this deluded

wew lad
>>
>>14816867
How are the new movies any different from the originals?
>>
>>14816867
>aimed at prepubescent children in mind
Like the original trilogy?
>>
>>14817255
You mean, he'll have a Crossbone Gundam?
>>
>>14817896
>>14817802
>these lies
>>
>>14818063
Even the guy that made the original movies calls them kid movies. New or old they're aimed at the same audience, the only difference would be how that audience and our perception of them has changed in the last 30-40 some odd years since the originals came out.
>>
>>14818131
Family movies ! = kids movies.
>>
>>14818134
>Family movies = kids movies.

That's correct.
>>
>>14818141
Wrong.
>>
>>14818147
Regardless of family movies and kids movies being the same thing or not. Lucas calls them "kiddie movies", I think his opinion has a bit more weight to it than some anon on a dying Japanese cartoon image board.
>>
>>14818134

You're the only one claiming they're family movies, not kids movies. As >>14818131, Lucas himself says that they're kids movies and were always intended to be.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/394542.stm

> "There is a group of fans for the films that doesn't like comic sidekicks. They want the films to be tough like Terminator, and they get very upset and opinionated about anything that has anything to do with being childlike.

> "The movies are for children but they don't want to admit that. In the first film they absolutely hated R2 and C3-PO. In the second film they didn't like Yoda and in the third one they hated the Ewoks... and now Jar Jar is getting accused of the same thing."

> The movies are for children
>>
>>14818161
>>14818166
Wrong.

>Lucas opinion so worthless he's not allowed to touch Sequels
Btfo, numale faggot.
>>
What kind of Mobile Suit would Luke design? Would he be able to make something akin to the Psycoframe but for the Force, a Force Frame?
>>
>>14818170

> The opinion of the guy who wrote a large chunk of the films and is responsible for their existence has no bearing on what he intended the films to be
> He and/or you are wrong simply because I say so
> I have no actual argument to back up my assertion
> Let me throw in some trashy name calling while I'm at it
> Oh, and completely misunderstand the reasons for Lucas' lack of involvement in sequels too
>>
>>14818188
Wrong.
>>
>>14818197

It is always comforting to see someone so desperate to get the last word in and be right they'll post anything.

Let me make your next post for you though.

> Wrong

There, I saved your a few seconds of your life.
>>
>>14818208
Wrong.
>>
>>14818211

Oh anon, didn't you want those few seconds? What a pity.
>>
>>14818218
Wrong.
>>
>>14818188
>the reasons for Lucas' lack of involvement in sequels too
He gave up. He literally said that since people were going to hate them no matter what he did, he didn't want to try anymore. After the sale to Di$ney there was mention of him possibly being willing to take a job, but Di$ney wanted drama-free creative control.
>>
>>14817276
Beautiful
>>
>>14818231

Yea, it's more that Disney just didn't want to have the hassle of dealing with someone else's vision of the film and wanted to simplify matters as much as possible than anything. It's certainly not because they just didn't like what he did with the previous films or the franchise as a whole. Lucas himself also just didn't want to commit to making another trilogy and devoting another decade or so of his life to the idea regardless of what people thought. It's why he gave up on the idea of making a new trilogy himself and sold to Disney in the first place.
>>
TFA is garbage through and through
>>
>>14815349
>The physics are unrealistic in this space opera
>>
I wonder if George Lucas likes Gundam.
>>
>>14818257

I don't get why someone would give Plinkett Reviews Stars Wars any credibility after the TFA review. He spent all of the prequel reviews putting the original on pedestal, and TFA shits more on what the original cast did in IV, V, and VI than the prequels ever did. But no, according to him, pointing that out is just "nitpicking" when he spent all his reviews nitpicking the prequels.

I hate how he's treated like a bible for when it comes to talking the prequels.
>>
>>14818870

What did he say about The Force Awakens then?
>>
>>14818887
That it was a solid action adventure film.
>>
>>14818870
Plinkett is a fat ass that people seem to like because they want to be contrarian to the fact that the Prequels are immensely popular with new Star Wars fans growing up in the 90s and 2000s. It is hilarious how people will defend him spending months making those videos picking apart the Prequels for flaws that the Originals share as well but ignoring them yet will have nerds rise up in arms if people point out his double standards with TFA and general hypocrisy.
>>
I think Luke would faire damn well in a unit like the Gundam MK III or a Zeta depending on what he would be up to something standard with a decent saber
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.