[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I didn't even realize this was starting today until like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 268
Thread images: 48

File: 1467355909362.jpg (172KB, 1000x1077px) Image search: [Google]
1467355909362.jpg
172KB, 1000x1077px
I didn't even realize this was starting today until like an hour ago.

How did it turn out?
>>
It was shit, as expected.
>>
File: ah yeah.jpg (468KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ah yeah.jpg
468KB, 1024x768px
>>14795250
it was meh, But i'll admit that Barbatos entrance at the end of the episode was pretty hype
>>
it was pretty good. nice balance of exposition and mech action. I've noticed Sunrise is trying to appeal Gundam more to people who are turned off by robots yet still having them in there.
>>
>>14795250
Pretty good, Barbatos Lupis' entrance was great, Dust of Rage is stuck in my head
>>
It really painted the events of the first season in a far worse light. Because of Tekkadan, people begin using child soldiers more and the number of Human Debris has increased. Because Gjallarhorn's influence has waned, more conflicts and terrorist attacks have happened. Meanwhile, kids are joining/ want to join Tekkadan because they think they're cool and say so in front of Biscuit's sisters. Some of them even want the AV implants because of how powerful it makes them rather than regular piloting.

Tekkadan, on the other hand, only care about ensuring their own happiness. Orga wants to go completely legit someday, but is continuing down the merc/mafia path because it's the fastest way to that goal. Kudelia and her company are also tied to the mafia now.

And Atra may be beginning to see how fucked up Mika really is.
>>
>>14795337
>it was pretty good. nice balance of exposition and mech action.
>I've noticed Sunrise is trying to appeal Gundam more to people who are turned off by robots yet still having them in there.
God damn, anon, how do you not read this and think "wow I'm defending the casualization of Gundam"?
>>
>>14795476

How do you type that and not realize that it could easily just be because he doesn't care? There's nothing inherently wrong with the casualization of Gundam. Especially since it's a pretty casual thing by design and was always meant to be.
>>
>>14795490
>There's nothing inherently wrong with the casualization of Gundam.
SEED, SEED Destiny, BF Try and IBO beg to differ, anon.
>>
>>14795461
V HAS COME TO
>>
>>14795503

I don't think you understand the meaning of the word inherently. Or that those were no more casual than G, Wing, X or even a lot of Tomino's output. They were newer, but they weren't aimed at more of a casual audience than previous Gundam shows. They might have gotten more of an audience (though going by ratings that isn't true either, even if the audience total was lower then), but again, getting more people doesn't mean you aimed for more than previous shows.
>>
>>14795569
Wait, what happened on Friday?
>>
I didn't hate it, but wasn't as good as I had hoped it to be.

Still, seems pretty clear that the G-Rektfags are once again going to be raging over how shit it is and how everyone who doesn't hate it is retarded like they've done with everything /m/ related since people concluded that G-Rekt was shit.
>>
>>14795621
...wow, it's fucking nothing!
>>
>>14795569
>>14795593
>>14795593
>>14795610
>>14795636
>all of this pathetic samefagging
>>
File: 1444556678933.jpg (511KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1444556678933.jpg
511KB, 1366x768px
>>14795461
Pretty much my thoughts. Overall it was a pretty good episode. If it keeps up this pace and what not, I'll take back all the mean things I said about it.

Maybe. I'm not holding my breath or anything. New designs look good though.
>>
>>14795636
Nah its just autism.

Also /m/'s insistence on taking credit for it despite us having disowned duel for being a shit is just the most garbage bullshit.

Like seriously how the fuck does that work. This is some alt-memer levels of narrative crafting.
>>
>>14795621
>Some autists on /m/ criticize someone for doing something they think was really shitty
Really? By that logic tumblr snowflakes "rek" people they don't like on a daily basis.
>>
>>14795646
>implying I give a shit about internet drama
It's just obvious that you're the one who made all of these shitty image macros.
>>
>Autist keeps posting pictutes boasting about how /m/ somehow rekt ANN
>Literally just a number of people calling out a single mod for doing something shitty
Boy do you people have really low standards...
>>
>>14795663
And what third parties see is an autist trying to attention whore on an anonymous image board.
>>
>>14795335
>But i'll admit that Barbatos entrance at the end of the episode was pretty hype

Nearly as good a dynamic entry as Expelled from Paradise.
>>
>>14795663
>>14795632

Great Duel is now going to shitpost here on /m/. At least ANN was a containment for him now we have to deal with his shitty image macros.
>>
>>14795664
>/m/ is an arrogant cesspool that just says things that further its arbitrary agendas

fixed.

This is seriously already worse than valvrager's shitfit years. Congratulations /m/ you found a way to be even worse than an autist who'd flood boards about shit he didn't like on top of derailing any and every mention of said show to spew vitriol at it and then pretend as if everyone already agreed with him.

Now you just feel the need to stick your dick where it doesn't belong and "educate" people who don't agree with your beliefs.

Fucking millenial-age shitposters, can't fucking tolerate a difference of opinion in either direction. Just get it over with and kill me now.
>>
File: IBOfags versus G-Recofags.jpg (39KB, 500x562px) Image search: [Google]
IBOfags versus G-Recofags.jpg
39KB, 500x562px
>>14795594
>Nobody cares about IBO
>Blame another fanbase
>>
>>14795586
In hindsight, I regret having asked that question. What a pathetic display.
>>
>>14795683
>"Nobody cares about IBO"
>Shitloads of threads when the first season ran
>More threads in between the seasons
>Just had two first page threads at peak hours
Yes, keep telling yourself that nobody cares...

We established that the people who constantly keep going "WAAAHHH!!! SERIES-WHICH-ISN'T G-REKT IS SHIT!!1" about every series that isn't G-Rekt are in fact the fanboys of the show before IBO even started airing.
>>
>>14795683
it's because we know that one faggot Duel is doing it only because he has a hatebonner for ANN giving G-Reco a negative review in story even though it got A ratings in everything else
>>
File: 1463445762622.png (2MB, 1280x968px) Image search: [Google]
1463445762622.png
2MB, 1280x968px
I liked IBO and season 2 looks good so far.

I also like G-Reco and AGE. Fight me irl.

The only gundam I have any problems with is SEED Destiny.
>>
I'm just hoping they learned from the pacing problems from the first season and it doesn't take them 3/4 of the season to get the simplest things done this time around.
>>
>>14795731
I'm pretty sure Tumblr is a fair bit larger than ANN...
>>
>>14795769
Contrary to what some people believe, there's nothing wrong with just liking something, but the problem is when you become an insufferable cunt like a lot of G-Rekt fags are and attack anyone who doesn't like G-Rekt or like a recent show that isn't G-Rekt.
>>
>>14795601
Because of Kudelia, more children are becoming child soldiers and forced into slavery. Nations are gearing up for war and terrorist attacks are becoming a more common occurrence.

Define Sugoi.
>>
File: (84KB, 554x460px) Image search: [Google]
84KB, 554x460px
>>14795706
>Shitloads of threads when the first season ran
>More threads in between the seasons
>Just had two first page threads at peak hours
>>
>>14795814
As a G-Reco fan, this. Fuck them for being assholes, they should stick to AZ.
>>
>>14795769
>>14795814
>>14795854
Fanboyism is a fucking terrible mindset. More news at 11.
>>
File: rv0SYgGh.jpg (29KB, 1024x741px) Image search: [Google]
rv0SYgGh.jpg
29KB, 1024x741px
>>14795706
>IBO
>shitloads of threads
You mean the show that had so little discussion as it went on that people started wondering if it was still on do to how fucking boring and predictable it was? The first episode of the second just aired and we had no livewatch thread and only two discussion threads that has not even maxed out yet even after subs are out compared to that shitty ass GBF Try OVA that had two maxed out live threads and a plethora of discussion after subs came out? Do you motherfuckers live in some sort of alternate reality when IBO was this huge success that got everyone back into Gundam and not a boring snoozefest that most people dropped?
>>
>>14795769

I thought season 1 was okay. It had some interesting ideas, but the problem was that it didn't follow through with them in a satisfying way. Plus the pacing was fucking awful.
>>
>>14795843
>If I can ignore something means that it's not happening!!1
Seriously, every single episode had at least one thread dedicated to it with threads being posted daily (which is a lot of a slow board like /m/). The fact that you've tried to ignore it because you hated it for not being G-Rekt doesn't mean that it was somehow ignored by /m/ as a whole.
>>
was pretty good imo

maybe my expectations are just lower after the pos that was delta
>>
>>14795873
>No livewatch thread
>Somehow means that a show was ignored
The fact that a show isn't huge doesn't mean that it's being ignored and nobody's ever claimed IBO was huge so you can just stop trying to strawman.
>>
>>14795882
How can you ignore something that's not even there?
>>
>>14795554
>They were newer, but they weren't aimed at more of a casual audience than previous Gundam shows
Except they were.
>>
>>14795894
>What do you mean I ignored threads about a show where I ignored all the threads about it?
As I said, IBO certainly wasn't ignored by /m/. It may not have been huge with livewatch threads for every episode, but it certainly wasn't ignored.
>>
>ein survived

OH SHIT
>>
>>14795882
>Seriously, every single episode had at least one thread dedicated to it with threads being posted daily
Well you weren't here obviously. IBO would have a livewatch thread and then a discussion thread once the episode was out as it went on this became less frequent and livewatches were relegated to /a/ and we would have the same episode discussion that would only go throughout the day not the week.
>which is a lot of a slow board like /m
G-Reco and TRY had frequent on the clock general discussion that went until the next episode while IBO was mostly regulated to Sundays because there was nothing worth discussing after the episode ended.
>>
I think the worst thing the episode did was it made me not want to buy the HG Barbatos Lupis kit. Like, it pisses me off the arm-guns are sold separately despite being part of the suits initial loadout. Then we have it being shown with the mini-maces at the end, and those are sold separately with the arm-guns and extra Barbatos hands.

You could have had a really great kit there Bandai, but you had to break it up to keep that price down.
>>
>>14795892
>The fact that a show isn't huge doesn't mean that it's being ignored
You do fucking realize that IBO is a GUNDAM ANIME right? The fact that Thunderbolt had more constant discussions than IBO kinda shows how very little people gave a shit about it.
>>14795910
>IBO certainly wasn't ignored by /m/.
Kinda was actually.
>>
File: gali gali.png (996KB, 1017x575px) Image search: [Google]
gali gali.png
996KB, 1017x575px
>>14795912
>>
Tell me /m/

Why do we have 2nd Season of IBO but no 2nd Season of G-Reco?

And we'll problably get moar Gundam wing next year, yuup-iei
>>
>>14795892
>>14795910
Just so you know IBO is a Gundam series not some relatively low key mecha anime like Kuromukuro, M3, or Argevollen that or a few anons jack off to. The fact that it was low key throughout its run here is bad espeically after G-Reco.
>>
File: giphy.gif (974KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
974KB, 500x281px
>>14795814
>there's nothing wrong with just liking something
>continues to bring up one group of fans who haven't even posted in this thread yet

You fags sure are staved for attention.
>>
>>14795461
>And Atra may be beginning to see how fucked up Mika really is.

???

She was oblivious as ever
>>
File: 1472700002856.jpg (324KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472700002856.jpg
324KB, 1280x720px
>IBO is shit because it doesn't have as many shitty threads as past gendums have had at any given time

'k.
>>
>>14795936

Because G-Reco ended with absolutely no material for a second season and Tomino never does second seasons anyway.
>>
>>14795936
>Why do we have 2nd Season of IBO but no 2nd Season of G-Reco?
IBO was originally planned to be a 2 season anime since it's cheaper to split animes up per season nowadays than to make a proper 50 episode season.
>>
File: goodbye and goodnight.gif (1MB, 498x279px) Image search: [Google]
goodbye and goodnight.gif
1MB, 498x279px
>ditched ibo when it started dropping the ball hard
>kept up with discussion on /m/ the whole run and learned i missed pretty much nothing
>season 2 of this shitshow starts up, better check it out
>it's nothing special

I didn't even like G-Reco, but at least it was entertaining. Call me when the next Build Fighters OVA is out.
>>
File: moving_goalposts.jpg (431KB, 1600x1064px) Image search: [Google]
moving_goalposts.jpg
431KB, 1600x1064px
>>14795915
>>14795926
>>14795938
>IBO is a gundam show so it needs to constantly be on the first page while it's running or it's being ignored
Picture related is what you're trying to do right now.
>>
>>14795963
>Tomino never does second seasons
>all his shows are 50 or almost 50 episodes long
>All that fucking material that could be covered

It amounted to nothing.

At least it had superb animation.
>>
We are getting the final episode of Gundam Origin this month right?

Think we'll get more Thunderbolt and a proper anime of Origin?
>>
>>14795958
>Posting about fanboys that have been a constant nuisance for almost two years at this point is somehow bad unless they're shitting up the thread you're posting in
>>
>>14795974
>>All that fucking material that could be covered
everything that needed to be covered was covered
>>
File: I give up.gif (2MB, 400x336px) Image search: [Google]
I give up.gif
2MB, 400x336px
>>14795968
>When GBF was airing it was everywhere on /m/
>When G-Reco was airing it was everyhwere on /m/
>When TRY was airing it was everywhere on /m/
>When IBO was airing we would have a thread on Sunday and MAYBE sometime during the week if we were lucky
>When Delta was airing it was everywhere on /m/

Its almost like franchise are suppose to attract huge disc ussion. So I wonder why IBO is an exemption?
>>
>>14795984
>Posting about fanboys that's not even here to begin with
Are you done son? Look your thread is finally moving because we're discussing something other than IBO but there's no need to drag down others to it.
>>
>>14795959
I thought she was surprised by him pulling the gun, but I remembered it wrong. Just really tired today after catering a party yesterday.

>>14795974
How much faith do you think Bandai had in G-Reco? Like really? They set IBO up to be their next cornerstone of the franchise, so of course it getting a second season was most likely always on the table.
>>
File: 1473437804137.jpg (47KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1473437804137.jpg
47KB, 1024x576px
>>14795968
>People point out that IBO had an unusually low post count here and everywhere else while it was airing despite it being pushed as A GUNDAM FOR A NEW GENERATION with worldwide streaming and an English dub
>S-s-s-s-s-shut up! It wasn't ignored at all! I'll just ignore the evidence
>>
>>14796000
>Delta
>"Everywhere on /m/ when it was airing"
How about no...

IBO wasn't as popular as many other Gundam shows, but no matter how many times you try to claim it was somehow ignored, it's wasn't ignored. If a show isn't huge doesn't mean that it's being ignored and there's quite a lot of space between being huge and ignored.

Also,
>Caring this much about how much a board on 4chan posts about a show
>>
>>14796018
>IT WAS TOTALLY BEING IGNORED!!1
>Ok... It wasn't totally ignored but because it's a gundam show it should have been huge and because it wasn't huge it's being ignored!!!1
Nope. We're not talking about how popular IBO was compared to other shows in the franchise. You said it was ignored and now you're defending that incorrect assertion by trying to move the goalposts.

>>14796005
>Getting this assblasted about someone posting about the most annoying fanboys on /m/
>>
>>14796020
>How about no...
Except it was. We had livewatch threads for and discussion as well. Definitely wasn't as big as Frontier but it had more of a presence than IBO did.
>but no matter how many times you try to claim it was somehow ignored, it's wasn't ignored.
But it was ignored. The very fact that iy didn't even get a general like GBF, GBF thread and G-Reco did is proof enough of that also the fact that people can clearly remember the drought of discussion it had during the second half is clear as day. Not sure what your definition of "ignored" is suppose to mean.

>Caring this much about how much a board on 4chan posts about a show

Yeah bro why should I care that a series in the most popular and celebrated mecha franchises of all time that was largely involved in the creation of the board doesn't have everyone talking about it like previous entries? You're fighting a losing battle kid.
>>
>>14796046
this reads like someone on the spectrum can't do normal human interaction and the community is tired of them

its not making them look bad, you should probably not post that as 'evidence'
>>
>>14796051
Where the fuck did I back down in saying IBO wasn't ignored? It was very much ignored and I'm sticking by that statement you still haven't proved otherwise even after admitting that it wasn't as discussed as previous entries. Also popularity is relative to discussion, if IBO didn't have the Gundam moniker to it I doubt you would be so adamant to defend it.
>>
File: 802.jpg (45KB, 500x680px) Image search: [Google]
802.jpg
45KB, 500x680px
>>14796051
And not a single G-Recofag have posted in this thread.
>>
>>14796105
I think you read it backwards or have become so contrarian that you're defending ANN to look cool for some reason.
>>
according to MAHQ this is acceptable.
>>
>>14795926
I don't know, whenever a new episode would come out and I would head to /m/ as I watched it there was usually a thread on the first page. Hell, even earlier on and towards the end of the season if I was to head onto /m/ a couple of days late there would still be an IBO thread on the first page.

Things only seemed to slow down during the middle of the season around the pirate arc, which makes sense because that is when the pacing went to shit. However, there seemed to always be at least one IBO thread up, at the very least, whenever I was on. It also always seemed to be rather active, be it shitposting or not.

I'd say that IBO wasn't really ignored by /m/, but that it was just wasn't as well liked as something like GBF or GBF:Try (during the beginning of the series)
>>
>>14795250
>random pirate group gets the bulky notGM that we'll probably never see again

>tekkadan has a bunch of ugly MP mechs besides the rodi's or whatever they captured

shit 0/10
>>
It was alright.
>>
>>14796109
>Go from claiming that IBO was straight up ignored to claiming that IBO was ignored because it had less discussion about it than other shows in the franchise
As I already said, you're trying to move the goalposts and I can see straight trough it so it's not working. You had to re-define being "ignored" to a low post count for a particular franchise to be able to keep making the argument.

>>14796067
>Loads of talk about how little talk there was
>About as many live watch threads as IBO S1 had
>It was totally huge amarite!!??

Once again, nice try but no cigar on the attempt at re-defining the definition of a show being ignored. You're defending the assertion that IBO was flat out ignored, not that it had a low post count for a gundam show.

>>14796109
>G-Rekt fanboys in this thread shitting on IBO trying to use post counts as some kind of measure of how good a show is or how successful it was
>"And not a single G-Recofag have posted in this thread."
>>
>>14796181
I really like Tekkadan's mobile suits, they have this simplistic training suit design that I've always loved.

Along with that their halberd/long sword weapon is pretty cool and I really like how it's a dull edge. Instead of just slicing and dicing things, they're just smashing other mobile suits with a hard stick.
>>
>>14796147
>Judging animation based on stills from shots with loads of movement
>Being this huge of a sperglord
>>
>>14796147
Granted, the entire scene didn't look spectacular, but it still looked pretty nice in movement. The only rough parts that I had with this episode were at the very beginning with Mika and Orga standing around the grave. I thought they would put more work/effort into the scene, especially considering that it's the start of their second season.
>>
>>14796147
But this isn't.

Then I got banned
>>
File: Everyone-I-Don-t-Like-is-Hitler.jpg (83KB, 600x726px) Image search: [Google]
Everyone-I-Don-t-Like-is-Hitler.jpg
83KB, 600x726px
>>14796231
Picture related
>>
What did they mean by this???
>>
>>14796231
That tinfoil hat is cooking your brain, duel.

I'll give you the smallest benefit of the doubt, I once got cocked over by a mod who ran a site that honestly was just a cult of personality built around said mod's ego, but it doesn't make it come off any less autistic circling every other line as evidence of a corrupt system inflicting abuses on you.
>>
>>14796246
>I once got cocked over by a mod who ran a site that honestly was just a cult of personality built around said mod's ego
That sounds an awful lot like NeoGaf. Specially when you remember that they've spent the last couple of years banning people for simply not drinking the cool-aid.
>>
File: thisthread.png (16KB, 342x84px) Image search: [Google]
thisthread.png
16KB, 342x84px
This thread is awful, you're all awful people. Both sides are awful.

>Waahhh how dare someone enjoy something I don't
>My taste is superior to yours, let me tell you why.
>>
>Matured quality Atra
>>
>>14796277
is that a fucking RX-3
>>
>>14796305
Yeah
>>
File: Mazda-rx3-1st-generation01.jpg (707KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
Mazda-rx3-1st-generation01.jpg
707KB, 2272x1704px
>>14796305
Its similar yes, it could be
>>
>yfw no IBO themed spinoff of Yakuza
>>
>>14795726
How can you reasonably say these aren't by the same guy

>>14795681
>>14795677
>>14795663
>>14795636
>>14795632
>>14795621
>>14795610
>>14795600
>>14795593
>>14795569
>>14795294
>>
>>14796242
Also she weirdly resembles Atra with a different haircut.

Oh god, is Atra playing both sides?
Is she the true Chocolate man?
>>
>>14796579
it's a forced meme only one person thinks is funny
>>
>>14796201
>I really like Tekkadan's mobile suits, they have this simplistic training suit design that I've always loved.
>anything from IBO
>simplistic and not overdesigned as fuck
>actually liking melee weapons that don't make any fucking sense
>>
File: 1449852175765.png (523KB, 689x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449852175765.png
523KB, 689x720px
>>14796194
>Literally "NO U" the post
>>
File: 31GNtEj3B4L.jpg (8KB, 400x265px) Image search: [Google]
31GNtEj3B4L.jpg
8KB, 400x265px
>>14796623
It's a stick that gets long with the Mobile Suit equivalent of one of these stuck to the end; it's kind of funny. And in terms of IBO it's a simplistic design.

It's kind of like how Age had the Clanche or Adele which could seem over designed in other series, but in Age seemed pretty simple and clean
>>
>>14796650
m8 melee weapons for mobile suits are fucking stupid. They'd have to be harder than the armor the mobile suits use which begs the question why not fucking armor the mobile suits with the same material as the weapons?
>>
>>14796664
they do

you might as well be asking why don't knights from the middle ages armor themselves with the same material they make their weapons out of
>>
>>14796679
>you might as well be asking why don't knights from the middle ages armor themselves with the same material they make their weapons out of
Except I wouldn't be asking that because A. they were made of the same material as most weapons and B. you couldn't penetrate plate armor most of the time with handheld weapons. You just proved my fucking point.
>>
>>14796664
>m8 guns for mobile suits are fucking stupid. The bullets would have to be harder than the armor the mobile suits use which begs the question why not fucking armor the mobile suits with the same material as the bullets?
>>
>>14796686
>you couldn't penetrate plate armor most of the time with handheld weapons. You just proved my fucking point.
that's why they use blunt weapons most of the time, to crush arnor rather than penetrating it
>>
>>14796686
Are the mobile suits and the weapons they used made out of different materials? And in the case of the weapons used, wouldn't it be about crushing and not penetrating?
>>
>>14796698
Anon did you flunk high school physics or something or did you forget 1/2*m*v^2 and the fact that even today we make munitions for tanks that are purely kinetic energy projectiles but are usually high mass due to amounts of depleted uranium and tungsten carbide? Keep digging your hole, you stupid fucking moron.

>>14796702
Yeah great, but this falls apart when talking about mobile suit sized weapons since you now require more energy to swing your weapon in order to even be able to crush the armor of a mobile suit, more energy and torque than what the mechanics of the mobile suit's arms would be able to handle, which means you'd be breaking your arms every time you swung something with that mass at a high velocity.
>>
File: 59283748_p0.jpg (107KB, 561x551px) Image search: [Google]
59283748_p0.jpg
107KB, 561x551px
>>14795250
As for the reaction thread, you might want to peruse >>14786163.
>>
>>14796726
>Yeah great, but this falls apart when talking about mobile suit sized weapons since you now require more energy to swing your weapon in order to even be able to crush the armor of a mobile suit, more energy and torque than what the mechanics of the mobile suit's arms would be able to handle, which means you'd be breaking your arms every time you swung something with that mass at a high velocity.
what's the mass of the weapon and the upper force limit of the arms?
>>
>>14796726
>g-g-g-guns are ok because they has mass and force behind them!
What exactly the fuck do you think the melee weapons are made out of, marshmallows and good intentions?
>>
>>14796741
How do you expect me to know? It's not like IBO has any actual hard science behind its background. They don't even explain in any side materials how Ahab Reactors work.
>>
File: 1475145070263.png (1MB, 768x1282px) Image search: [Google]
1475145070263.png
1MB, 768x1282px
>>14796731
/a/ had a pretty decent one.
>>
>>14796760
You know the moment they do is the moment the shitposting amps up.

Better to say JUST BECAUSE than to hope your made up nonsense can be retooled into plausible science by an MIT alum.
>>
>>14796753
Please explain to me how you think the velocity of a swinging mobile suit arm is somehow faster than a projectile that's probably almost the same mass going at probably Mach 3+ (even higher if in a vacuum). Go ahead, I'm dying to hear what you greentext next.
>>
>>14796760
that would probably because those books aren't out yet. even 00's side materials which covered the differences between the GN Drive types didn't come out until after s2 ended. Most of the material is in the instruction manuals anyway.
>>
>>14796771
Slower speed (and at the tip of the weapon not as slow than you'd think), but much, MUCH more mass. F=ma, if you haven't forgotten.
>>
>>14796760
well fuck how do you expect me to believe you have realistically concluded that the arms can't handle the stress of swinging the weapon then?

>>14796771
why the fuck would the arm need to go that fast? It just needs to crush the armor, not penetrate it
>>
>>14796769
Well considering UC went a bit in-depth with how Minvosky driven nuclear fusion worked (it basically being real world theoretical muon catalyzed fusion but with Minovsky magic particles applied) and how those reactors fit in the universe and that 00 also did some explaining in side materials as to the basis of how GN drives work (baryonic decay) there's no reason IBO shouldn't do it too. Even SEED went a bit overboard with it a lot of times.
>>
>>14796771
>Shoot someone in armour with a gun
>They drop
>Hit someone with a really hard metal stick while they're in armour
>You crush a bit of their armour and probably damage them

Isn't it kind of like that? But in this case if you manage to crush a bit of the armour then the mobile suit might not be able to use that part anymore?

Why are we arguing about this?
>>
>>14796771
>a projectile that's probably almost the same mass
If you honestly think those rounds they were firing off were anywhere near the same mass as the melee weapons then you need your fucking eyes checked.

There, there's your greentext so you can pretend it doesn't count, shitposter-kun.
>>
>>14796792
Why do you think any of the melee weapons in IBO have higher mass than the mobile suits and armor of said suits? Also if these weapons are a higher mass then that also could mean the weapons are made of a material the armor isn't made of, which again begs the question: why not use the weapon material as armor?
>>
File: 1475431957305.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1475431957305.gif
2MB, 480x270px
Wow, so nobody talks about the episode besides "i liked season 2 so far" in this thread? Even the plot progresssion?
>>
>>14796818
>nobody
>what is literally the sixth reply in the thread
>>
>>14796806
>Shoot someone in armour with a gun
>They drop
>Hit someone with a really hard metal stick while they're in armour
>You crush a bit of their armour and probably damage them

You actually have that horribly backwards. Melee involves a lot more force than projectiles, the core difference is how much energy is expended and how concentrated the impact is. It's a hell of a lot easier to pierce through with a smaller impact area but as far as knocking people over guns don't do that very often at all. People's reaction to being shot? Sure. But the actual impact? Fuck no.
>>
>>14796816
I think he meant the weapon in relation to the projectile

>>14796818
I thought it was a decent re-entry into the world of IBO. I liked the animation quality and feel that it has gone up overall compared to season 1. Granted that it's the first episode of a season and that there were still a couple of mishaps in the animation. I also like that they gave the twins two distinct personalities post time-skip; they could have had more of a personality in season 1, but I haven't watched since it aired, so I might be forgetting it.

I'm also a fan of how they teased a lot of what's going on with gjallarhorn, but didn't give us enough to know what would be going down. It was a nice set up
>>
>>14796793
>well fuck how do you expect me to believe you have realistically concluded that the arms can't handle the stress of swinging the weapon then?
Because the preposition was that the weapons were only for crushing, not slicing, which means they need a higher mass and mass per unit volume than the armor of the mobile suit.

>why the fuck would the arm need to go that fast? It just needs to crush the armor, not penetrate it
Because that's how kinetic energy works? And if you spread kinetic energy over a wider area it loses energy? In fact crushing something requires more energy than just penetrating it, or the need to target something with less mass, which again begs my question.
>>
>>14796826
Sorry, I was using slang. By "drop" I meant that they die and their body drops.
>>
>>14796834
>I think he meant the weapon in relation to the projectile
I know what he meant, but the speed of the tip of the melee weapon would be insignificant compared to the speed of the projectile weapon, and thus the mass differences between the two wouldn't make much of a difference since it's the velocity doing most of the work.
>>
>>14796834
>I liked the animation quality and feel that it has gone up overall compared to season 1.
It didn't. They pulled the same "lets hide most of the action in dust clouds so we don't have to deal with the inbetween frames as much" that most of the fights in S1 (especially the first episode) did.
>>
>>14796816
>Why do you think any of the melee weapons in IBO have higher mass than the mobile suits and armor of said suits?
the weapon doesn't need to have higher mass than the MS and all of its armor, that's like saying that the maces, hammers, and blunt swords that medieval knights carry have to be heavier than the knight itself. all it needs is enough mass swung at a reasonable speed to allow enough force to bash in the piece of armor that it's hitting.

>Also if these weapons are a higher mass then that also could mean the weapons are made of a material the armor isn't made of
the armor isn't the same thickness as the weapon itself. armor by necessity is wide and thinner than the weapon striking it. speed/acceleration does the rest of the work. knights didn't need to swing their weapons at supersonic speed to bash in armor.
>>
>>14796861
That's actually very true and is something that I never noticed until you pointed it out. I hope that the animation quality improves with further episodes then; this show has great potential for amazing fight scenes.
>>
>>14796861
...so? When Majestic Prince does that spastic camerawork to obfuscate the reduced level of detail in the CGI animation people praise it, why is it inherently wrong for IBO to take shortcuts where it can?
>>
>>14796869
>that's like saying that the maces, hammers, and blunt swords that medieval knights carry have to be heavier than the knight itself
No, it isn't, since you're not attempting to break through the entire person with those weapons, but one section of plate armor that isn't a part of the person themselves and that has a lower mass and is also thin.

>all it needs is enough mass swung at a reasonable speed to allow enough force to bash in the piece of armor that it's hitting.
And what I'm saying is that nothing but something with more mass than the armor that the mobile suit is armored in would be needed to do that. How about this anon: what would happen if you tried to bash a piece of depleted uranium with a steel hammer? Considering the steel hammer isn't harder than the DU and is less mass you'd only end up scuffing up your hammer.

>the armor isn't the same thickness as the weapon itself. armor by necessity is wide and thinner than the weapon striking it
But it shouldn't be less mass per volume than the weapon striking it.

>knights didn't need to swing their weapons at supersonic speed to bash in armor.
Because the weapons they used were the same material as the armor they used. In IBO we see melee weapons tearing apart mobile suits like knives through butter, without any special tech to help them. This wouldn't be able to be done without the weapons being a MUCH higher mass material, which begs my question.
>>
>>14796900
>When Majestic Prince does that spastic camerawork to obfuscate the reduced level of detail in the CGI animation people praise it,
Well considering I hate CGI and Majestic Prince doesn't look good you're talking to the wrong people.
>>
File: Rx-78-2-morishita.jpg (80KB, 470x640px) Image search: [Google]
Rx-78-2-morishita.jpg
80KB, 470x640px
>>14795250
It was pretty good if you liked the 1st season, I have some expectations for what's to come.

Also, I see the memes finally overun this place. Guess it was expected.
>>
>>14796947
>It was pretty good if you liked the 1st season
Which is a problem: S1 was garbage
>>
>>14796961
I liked it
>>
File: 14754412997120.jpg (191KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
14754412997120.jpg
191KB, 1280x738px
Since Fumitan is dead, Amida is the sexiest female in the show.
>>
>>14796987
>Not thinking season 2 Hime-sama is the sexiest female

She's pretty thicc
>>
File: 542539e8c8c03de2492aabe90855f0da.jpg (226KB, 1048x696px) Image search: [Google]
542539e8c8c03de2492aabe90855f0da.jpg
226KB, 1048x696px
>>14795974

STOP
>>
>>14797001
I can't understand any fans of Kudelia and Merrybit.
But the new Kudelia outfit is fine. Finally she decided to wear a dress with a jacket, not the shorts like in the 1 season
>>
File: 17601l.jpg (67KB, 342x450px) Image search: [Google]
17601l.jpg
67KB, 342x450px
>>14797012
BEING
>>
>>14795461
So who's betting on Orga dying at the end?
How about Mika?
Their sins only go up from here.
>>
>>14796926
Well then.

It's still a valid tactic, better to obscure the low detail than to be transparent about it.

If these animators are novices, at least they're learning tricks of the trade. They'll make men of them yet.
>>
File: 18535.jpg (51KB, 225x319px) Image search: [Google]
18535.jpg
51KB, 225x319px
>>14797025
RETARDED

Also there's Garzey's Wing and Wings of Rean, but those are OVAs and don't really count.
>>
>>14795974
>>
>>14797028

My bet is Mika overclocks Barbatos so much he can't move his body outside of the machine. Seeing what has happened to his friend, and how Mika can't fulfill his dream of being a farmer, Orga decides he has to take Mika to the happy place he promised as a kid.

With a bullet to the head.
>>
>>14795632
>>14795621
>>14795610
>>14795593
>>14795569
>>14795677
>>14795663
>>14795681
>>14795692

October 2nd 2016, when one autistic faggot just wouldn't stop samefagging /m/ threads constantly with shit no one cares about.

Oh wait, that isn't worth remembering.
>>
>>14797049
This has been what I was thinking since the end of S1, don't think they'll have the balls to do it though.
>>
>>14797025
Yes but his other point stands: We didn't get Brain Powerd 2: Brain Powerder
>>
>>14797053
b-b-but he totally owned some random fag on the internet for teh lolz!!!111
>>
>revolutionary maiden Kudelia
>instead of starting a war on independence went to Earth to get support of the Earth capitalists and make some reforms
>Mars isi still economically dependant from Earth and the idea of child soldiers have become more popular after Tekkadan's victory
>so we may assume that the wealth of the martians and other colonists haven't increased
So where is the revolution?
>>
>>14797068
What and have IBO actually be interesting and worth watching?
>>
>>14797057
Barbatos-Mikazuki then for the last battle, which Tekkadan loses?
>>
>>14797057
>Of Mice and Men, Child Soldiers edition.
>>
>>14797068
It seems more of a "fuck da space police" than a revolution at this point.
>>
>>14797085
> Who should I fight Orga?
> You know what Mika? Fuck you. Seriously, fuck you. Our teammates die and you want to put the rest of them in greater danger just so you can feel good about yourself. Your revenge won't bring back Biscuit, nothing can. You keep saying it's all for the greater good of the family, but it's all about you and that stupid farm you want someday. That's the problem here Mika, family cares about each other. You, Mikazuki Augus, only care about yourself and getting what you want. Kill me if you want, I'm done being afraid of a psycho little manlet with a girly bracelet.
>>
>>14797101
It's more like Kudelia acts like the followers of the real Bernstein. Instead of taking what is needed and desired, she makes agreements and compromises with the hostile power - the Earth.
>>
>>14797068
>orphans are now a hot commodity
>also half metal is fucking boss

If anything its more that Mars now has a better position to leverage itself in the inner planet community, as it's a goldmine for in demand resources. Impressionable youth, mobile weapons technology, and halfmetal are all you need to get a slice of the PMC pie these days.

Everyone wants to be space Big Boss with a dash of space Kazuma Kiryu, and Mars is the place to be that kind of person as long as you don't end up as Debris.
>>
>>14797131
you're making this sound more interesting than how it's actually going to play out
>>
>>14797084
Yeah, I feel like Tekkadan needs to lose the final battle and it needs to end HORRIBLY for them. I just don't know who would die at the end. It could possibly be a bloodbath though, but I highly doubt they'd do that
>>
>>14797154
Eh it has its moments.

IBO is weird because there's the story it wants to tell, and then the story it ultimately tells thanks to angry parents complaining about the imagery of the show.
>>
I don't care what anyone says, I enjoyed s1 and I'm hype for s2.
>>
>>14797338
This
>>
>>14797338
>>14797400
How long have you been on this board and what are your favorite anime and video games.
>>
>>14797396
The irony.
>>
Sometimes, I wish I would open up Manly Guys doing Manly Things to see an IBO comic. I'm just curious to see what the author would think of it. She likes manly stuff, but she does have her limits at times and calls out stupid crap.
>>
>>14797404
I've been regularly going on /m/ in particular for around 4/5 years now.

>Favourite anime in no particular order
Casshern Sins
Zeta Gundam
Michiko and Hatchin
Ghost in the Shell: SAC
Saint Seiya

(May not be my all time favourite, but at the moment is what I'm thinking of. I also read manga a lot more often than I watch anime)

>Favourite video games in no particular order
Demon's Souls
Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs Zeta Gundam
Tekken 3
Ninja Gaiden: Black
Final Fantasy 4

(Again, may not be my all time favourite, but what's coming to mind right now)

I'm 18 so most of my "favourites" have to do with how much fun I had with them as a kid and how fond the memories are of me and my older brother playing/watching a series
>>
>>14797466
>I'm 18
Found the giant elephant in the room: you're almost underaged which is why you like IBO.
>>
>>14797565
>you're almost underaged which is why you like IBO.
Not him, but this is strawmanning at its finest.
>>
>>14797565
I'm 29 and I like IBO. So what Gundam series do you like?
>>
>>14797572
>Not him, but this is strawmanning at its finest.
I suggest you look up what strawmanning means because it doesn't mean what you think it does.
>>
>>14795490
Remember anon aldnoah zero was a casual mecha and considering the track record of casualized mecha they tend to become major train wrecks at some point.
>>
>>14797616
AZ was a calculated attempt at selling to the masses with a focus tested checklist of must haves.

It wasn't so much casualized as it was formulated.
>>
>>14797605
Ok, look, I'm about to go to sleep and i'm very tired so I can't into english very well, but you still said that "you like IBO because you're young," which, to me, doesn't make any sense. I'm 22 and to me IBO is probably in the top 3 worst Gundam shows
>>
>>14795884
Maybe i should give ibo another try since i finished delta and there is a lack of /m/ shows this season.
>>
File: tiny head guy.png (763KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tiny head guy.png
763KB, 1280x720px
hot off the presses
>>
>>14797642
>AZ was a calculated attempt at selling to the masses with a focus tested checklist of must haves.
You mean like IBO?
>>
>>14795967
Pretty much this but i liked g reco for what it was though need to finish cause i got sidetracked by victory and newer /m/ shows
Then couldn't decide if i should watch turn a or continue g reco. I still don't know which i should finish the pacing feels the same.
Ibo felt like a show made for newfags. Shallow world building and characters, and kind of boring villains made me lose interest by ep 16.
>>
>>14797684
Cool mouth, does it talk with dialog?
>>
>>14797760
It has a u too, if you want to spell like a queer.
>>
>>14797466
I remember when i had taste like that in 2012 when i was 16 on /m/ and had similar favorites because it was a simpler slower board back before vvv. This board got me watching old mecha. Man my tastes have changed i like niche shit like gun parade, strain, and victory. You'll look back at somepoint and realise that you wasted your time on mainstream probably. Shows like ibo just bore me to tears. /M/ shows need to keep to interesting/odd concepts, hot bloodedness, and cheese.
>>
>>14797829
>tfw I've lost track of how long I've been here and my taste is still the same as it was day 1: bizarre, kinda experimental fringe bullshit that may or may not be considered cult classics in certain circles

I don't even pretend to know why it is what it is, I just go with my gut feeling every once in a blue moon when something old or new catches my attention.
>>
>>14797678
his head is hilariously tiny
>>
>after Tekkadan's victory of Gjallarhorn, child soldiers come into popularity

At first I thought it was retarded, but then I realized this retarded enough to happen in the real world if such a conflict were won by childrens. People might ACTUALLY be stupid enough to point to that as a factor and try it themselves.

Did Tekkadan do anything to benefit the world in 4 years besides create a few war jobs?

Is this a little too realistic where it takes forever for any meaningful progress to occur? Damn IBOS2 got me thinking senpai
>>
G-reco was garbage
>>
After all this talk about Teiwaz, I've been wanting to watch some yakuza movies. Anybody got any recommendations?
>>
>>14797678
He looks like Shemyakin's Peter the Great
>>
>>14795250
>After all this talk about Teiwaz, I've been wanting to watch some yakuza movies.
And I felt like I want to see some Godfather after Orga said something about making legal business.
>>
>>14797926

The thing was human debris child soldiers were ALREADY pretty popular.

The Earth just seemed content to ignore what was going on in the rest of the solar system, until the Tekkadan very publicly shit on the Gjallahorn on Terran soil.

That willful ignorance is what the Chocolate Man wanted to break, so he could get the taboo against R&D of GIANT ROBOTS lifted.
>>
>>14797926
>At first I thought it was retarded, but then I realized this retarded enough to happen in the real world if such a conflict were won by childrens

you're forgetting that in IBO you can perform surgery on a bunch of cheap and disposable kids to grant them superhuman piloting skills
>>
the new guys are getting a lot of focus, wonder where they'll go with them
>>
>>14798304
its better then muh spaceautisme i like it
>>
>>14798551
too bad mikazuki is super autism

like, he actually acts that way
>>
File: 1471125812582.png (103KB, 401x299px) Image search: [Google]
1471125812582.png
103KB, 401x299px
>>14798568
yea i hope the show will focus more on other pilots mika is just plotdevice anyway
>>
>>14798239
I'm glad I wasn't the only one that thought about Michael Corleone.

In S1 Orga reminded me of Scarface, he is pleasing my gangster boner.
>>
Lupus seems like a downgrade to Dinosaur Chainsaw Barbatos
>>
>>14796209
It doesn't matter how much movement there is if they look like blobs.
>>
>>14798568
Miles isn't autistic

He's a literal animal.

Of all the mcs he's one of the least autistic.
He's manly as fuck
>>
I wonder how many episodes it's going to take.
>>
File: 1475459868687.jpg (367KB, 650x564px) Image search: [Google]
1475459868687.jpg
367KB, 650x564px
I like Meat Squad. I hope they won't get screwed over by McGillis instantly.
>>
>>14799482
But /m/ jacks off to mediocrity nonstop these days.

Mediocrity has become praiseworthy thanks to people getting triggered by anime that doesn't pander to their whims.
>>
>>14799482
Then how about you stop browsing MechaTalk, AnimeSuki, ANN and pretend they don't exist?

There, now you can avoid 6 months worth of asshurt.
>>
>>14799492
The girl who eats the butterfly will almost definitely be the next Ein.

But I also get those vibes off of the gray haired guy who talks shit about Mikazuki at the start.

the brown guy gives me Garma vibes and the scary big bad ebil smile boss will be come dozle hitler combo
>>
File: 1461886780074.png (313KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1461886780074.png
313KB, 640x360px
>>14797678
>HEY I'M GUY FIERRI, AND THIS IS GUNDAMS, ORPHANS AND HALFMETAL
>>
>>14799172
They'll probably give him Dinosaur Chainsaw 2.0 for its final form. Honestly, I'd rather see Lupus dual wield season one maces like in the opening.
>>
>>14799719
Why in the fuck would I ever think about that, how does that impact my life on even the most infantessimal scale
It doesn't matter and you shouldn't waste your life thinking about it.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 441x488px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 441x488px
>>14799772
There seems to be quite a bit of switchblade action already (brass knuckle blades turning into axs, swords turning into spears)
Maybe we will get a ridiculous jaws of life chainsaw sword that switches into a really unnecessary pole arm.

>mfw mika combines the two maces to create a double mace baton thing
>>
>>14799818
I wouldn't mind that, they might as well add some crazy gimmick that people would actually like. Hopefully going with the Demon Mika shtick means the nips consider him unworthy of having a noble samurai's katana, and that he keeps on using brute weapons.
>>
>>14795250
First episode was okay but boring, I expect the rest of the season will be a boring placeholder and just as disappointing as the first one even if it isn't an outright trainwreck.
>>
>>14799875
They gave him a Viking sword to meet him half way. He can still slice and stab but he's mostly going to smash people I imagine.
>>
I like the new qt boys.
Also enjoying more MS designs.

Hoping for the "less talk more action" stuff to persist.
>>
>>14795250
It was pretty entertaining, looks like this is one of the very few shows that I'm watching this season.
>>
So we know

Tekkadan
>Barbatos
>Gusion

Gjallahorn
>Kimaris
>Vidar (Doesn't fit with the Goetia naming scheme of the other gundams, might just be a new Gundam built on the Kimaris frame)
>Flauros (Might be in the same faction as the Hugo?)

Sidestory/Manga/Vidya exclusive
>Ashtaron
>Vual
>Dantalion

Even if we considered 2/3rds of the 72 original Gundams were scrapped/lost in the Calamity War, that's still 20+ gundams that should be floating around somewhere.

Another point of note is that of all the Gundams shown off come from the rank of Duke in the Ars Goetia, asides from Kimaris who's a Marquis.
>>
>>14800027
Ashatron? Didn't they already have a Gundam named Ashatron?
>>
>>14800027
I expect like 26 total Gundams to be named in the event a second Calamity War unfolds.

And then the genre shifts from yakuza to three kingdoms reenactment.
>>
>>14800043
Yeah from X. Virsago was also named from the samr pool of demons.
>>
>>14800027
Anyone else find the... Caliber of the gundam frames varies quite significantly.

Barbados is very basic with about the most basic weapon ever.

While Gusion had a primative weapon the armour itself what's much more elaborate

The kimaris is obviously in a league of its own with retractable rocket legs

Are there different gundam classes in the universe or am I just spergin out extra today
>>
File: 32762-5.jpg (197KB, 770x570px) Image search: [Google]
32762-5.jpg
197KB, 770x570px
>>14800043
My mistake, Ashtaron is the one from X, while Ashtaroth is the one IBO gets (On the right). Both the Ashtaron and Virsago are named after Ars Goetia dudes( the Virsago being based on Vassago), and were also developed from the Gundam Belphagor
>>
>>14800070
It largely depends on what you slap onto them, more than any other setting the IBO Gundams are a standardized frame onto which an absurd variety of armaments can be mounted.

It could be assumed that during the calamity war each frame was equipped with some kind of one of superweapon load out. Astaroth for example originally had a sword that could fuck nanolaminate up, stored in a sheath that doubles as a mace, that also could holster a shotgun for off hand ranged combat. Also it had a flight unit mounted to it.

Imagine how stupid the rest of them may have been back then. And this is all made possible by the flexibility of the gundam frame.
>>
>>14800097
It does have a bit of a medabots feel doesn't it

The kimaris extra legs are obviously in depended of the base Gundam Frame, I wonder if bulky armour of come gundams supliment The Frames strength in any way or if it's only extra arms and legs that have "muscle" to them.
>imagine how stupid the rest of them could have been
Based on the huge difference between Barbados Gusion and Kimaris there's probably some ridiculous ones out there

Now look at the Gusion and The Rebake, with pirates repurposing old gundams for their own rebellions imagine the ridiculous suits they are going to come up with.
>>
>>14799902
That actually makes for a pretty good balance. Given that Tekkadan now has funding, I'm assuming the creators have dropped the whole "Barbatos upgrades through scavenging its enemies" thing?
>>
>>14797829
I've been thinking about watching King Gainer, would you say that it's worth the watch?
>>
>>14800186
when they first teamed up with The Turbines they mentioned they were having trouble finding replacement parts for Barbados
Then Teiwaz mad scientist looking engineer was basically cumming his pants over getting to modernize Barbados.
I'm not going to spoil Lupus upgrades incase you haven't seen the season premier.

Kimaris was upgraded as the season went on so applying new technology to these old superior suits obviously isn't a bad thing.
>>
>>14795680
>Great Duel is now going to shitpost here on /m/.
Now? I thought he was the Valvrager guy.
>>
This first episode was better than I expected.
>>
>>14800306
No, I've seen the premier and Lupus. I think it was early on before it aired, some news articles said that the Barbatos would have to cannibalize other suits in order to survive and upgrade, but that just turned out to be sticking a Gaze's shoulder or shield on the damn thing.
>>
You know I've been wondering if this will be sunrise's first crack at an ongoing series that spans more than two seasons, something in the back of my head tells me this won't be tekkaden's last foray and it could go like naruto or one piece.
>>
>>14800920
>gundam
>more then 50 episodes
Unless there was a heavy time skip or new cast I don't think I'd want this.

I think the universe could be expanded I just don't want mika to over stay his welcome
>>
>>14800972

Well it seems to me they might be setting up that white haired kid to be someone important, may be next protagonist?
>>
>>14800991
I get antagonist turncoat vibes from him.
>>
>>14800211
if you hate tomino pacing don't watch it. other than that its fine but the ending is unsatisfying yet really over the top.
>>
>>14801023
The vibes I get from him, well, they go something like this. He's the outsider who goes into Tekkadan expecting it to be this great place. Instead of being awesome, he's the one who sees the horrors of war and points out to the audience just how fucked up OG Tekkadan really are. Ultimately, he calls it quits and leaves, offering a calling out to the ones he once admired. Basically, a message to the audience that you DON'T want to be like them.
>>
>>14801248
I thought it more like "shit this is more boring than I thought it'd be, where are the hookers and blow? When do I get my super soldier AV implant?" Meanwhile the old guard are like "dude it sucked, trust us this is far better than what we sat through."

It's definitely a jarring disconnect between the myth of Tekkadan and the reality and I agree it smacks a bit of "this is fucked up in a way and you should kinda think it out a bit before assuming the life of a child soldier is really that enviable."
>>
>>14801300
I definitely think his bored eyes are going to go Mika crazy at somepoint

He will probably leave tekadan so he can get Alaya and be a super hero
>>
I thought this first episode was okay, even pretty good. Doesn't mean much right now because I thought that season 1's early parts were fine too, only for it to turn out to be disappointing. They need a stronger and more exciting plot this time around, and the first episode didn't really make it clear whether that's going to be the case or not yet.
>>
>>14800027
Is called Ashtaroth actually.

There are 26 Gundam Frames still around (including what you already mentioned), but I don't think they will show all of them in the series. Maybe 13-15.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesser_Key_of_Solomon
>>
>>14801464
Good things are implied but not necessarily going to be delivered, you're right.
I think the fact that they outright said "mobile suits are back in vogue, everyone wants some of that child soldiering action all thanks to the mighty tekkadan" is a more than decent start.
We'll see in the first ten episodes whether or not it's Kudelia's Sugoi Adventure ep 2 or not, odds are.
>>
>>14797565
Hello G-Rectum, accept it your show lost to IBO fags.
>>
File: IMG_2647.jpg (231KB, 984x844px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2647.jpg
231KB, 984x844px
>>
File: IMG_2646.jpg (418KB, 877x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2646.jpg
418KB, 877x1200px
>>14802160
>>
>want to discuss monkey girl eating a butterfly
>world going to hell
>gundams for everybody
>bitchass pilots in mobile workers
>terribly drawn opening shot
>space politics
>3/4 of the thread is shitposting and petty arguing

I don't even want to anymore.
>>
I like IBO. Let see:
1) No newtypes or such, thus no emo character like Banagher or like.
2) Pilots that actually trained, no luck or genius there.
3) Characters growth! Orga from bare chested commander wannabe into a swag mafia wannabe, or Kudelia from naive idealistic princess to less idealistic CEO of a company. Mika on other hand, at least he didn't evolve into Jesus Yamato or Innovator yet.
4) Gundams here are no invincible mofo, true they got twin drive reactor (making maintenance a bitch) thus more power but harder to pilot thus required Tekkadan to use AVS (damaging to pilots). Grimgerde has only single reactor won over Kimaris handily.
5) Grunts that don't explode on contacts.
6) Not bogged down by philosophy (Peacecraft) or ideal (Zeon) or moral constraint like Wing series, Seed series or crazy Char like ideal (dropping asteroid onto Earth to free people from Earth corrupt cradle).
7) Not overly ambitious like AGE was.
8) Tekkadan is an underdog group biting their way up!

What IBO lack:
1) Psychopath like Yazan or Ali. Gusion original pilot almost fit the bill.
2) Mikazuki to wean off his dependency to Orga. Or else he will remain broken, stuck as Heero Yuy copy.
>>
>>14802491
Its like you cant recognize staples of Gundam without it being literally copy pasted from one show to another. IBO has all the standard shit except newtypes.
>>
>OP
>Naze and waifu looking far away in the sunset
>suddenly disappears and replaced by Tekkadan members
Please tell me this isn't going where I think this is going
And that new mask guy, Gaelio is still alive?
>>
>>14795704
When is it not okay to blame Mecha Talk?
>>
>>14802160
>>14802165
Built for sex.
>>
>>14797101
Is Biscuit Space Harambe, then?
>>
File: IMG_1107.jpg (530KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1107.jpg
530KB, 1136x640px
This guy looks like Heihachi Mishima lol
>>
>>14802958
His hair is nowhere near the amounts of stupid needed to be a Mishima.
>>
File: Nobunaga-nobuambittendou.jpg (125KB, 424x600px) Image search: [Google]
Nobunaga-nobuambittendou.jpg
125KB, 424x600px
>>14802958
Between the prettyboy tagalong clearly gay for his dick and the subordinate comparable to a monkey, I'm pretty sure this nigga is supposed to be Oda Nobunaga.

Which means we can expect him to come out of nowhere and take over everything before one of his top followers betrays him in the end and monkey conquers the world.
>>
>>14803054
I hope Gali is that monkey
>>
>>14795932
Wouldn't be the first purple to put on an iron mask.
>>
>>14803049
It's his face, facial hair and teeth.

>>14803054
I thought of Nobunaga too. He looks like him as well.
>>
>>14803229
>everything but the iconic Heihachi swallowtail hair

Again, nowhere near the amount of stupid needed.
>>
>>14803161
Its not, Julieta is the one that's monkey like.
>>
File: 59299123_p0.png (342KB, 588x836px) Image search: [Google]
59299123_p0.png
342KB, 588x836px
This show is such fujo bait.
>>
>>14803420
>has never seen a post-Wing AU

wew lad
>>
File: 59308953_p0.jpg (242KB, 600x847px) Image search: [Google]
59308953_p0.jpg
242KB, 600x847px
>>14803422
Most of them are underwear model tier though. This show is just so many burly rippling chests I thought I was back in Jojo for a moment.
>>
>>14802160
>>14802165
Litreally the only reason I kept watching season 1 was to fap to Kudelia and too see how creepy Chocolate Man was with Gaelio's loli imouto. The mecha are still ugly and shitty aesthetically to look at still, combat will probably be terrible still and the story is likely going to be as bad if not worse.

>>14802491
Heero displayed more personality in like the first 3 or 4 episodes of Wing then Mikazuki did in the entire first season of IBO.
>>
>>14803422
To be fair, SEED had Fllay and Murrue and Luna and Maeyrin and Talia and so on. 00 had Sumeragi and Feldt and Shirin. GBF had Rinko. Try had Fumina. There was some degree of balance.

This show, the female cast doesn't seem nearly as popular and the manly bare chests are more common and glaring.
>>
>>14803446
Gundam 00 had Christina as well as Shirin and Marina, 00 got nicknamed Gundam DD for its appreciation of busty women. Seed also had Natarle as well.

Also with GBF you forgot about the idol chick who was busty as fuck as well.
>>
>>14800027
>Vidar is the Norse God of revenge
> Pilot has a mask and a purple suit
AWAW Shit, Garma curse is gonna be broken
Gaelio's counterattack
>>
>>14795335
It was good, but Ep1 of S1 had a better dynamic entry.
>>
>>14802165
More of this please

>>14804377
Why are you browsing whore's tumblrs? Learn the lesson of anonymous, tits or GTFO.
>>
>>14804419
>Learn the lesson of anonymous, tits or GTFO.
I wasn't aware it was still 2007.
>>
>>14804428
/m/ exists in a time loop live /vr/
>>
>>14804428
If it was your kind would still be on Facebook where you belong.
>>
Is it possible ibo takes place in the far future of after war gundam X? I feel like the demon naming convention as well as the map in universe might corroborate that conjecture.
>>
>>14805160
It's the Black History.
Thread posts: 268
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.