[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Things you want to talk about on /m/ but can't because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 20

File: g-reco too.jpg (49KB, 524x312px) Image search: [Google]
g-reco too.jpg
49KB, 524x312px
ITT: Things you want to talk about on /m/ but can't because you'll be violently shitposted to death.
>>
Fuck off
>>
>almost ten fucking years later
>still playing the victim role
>>
>>14793495

The reason we can't talk about is because instead of making a thread you play the WAAAAAAH WOE IS ME FOR LIKING POPULAR THING card
>>
>>14793495
Fuck off Pablo
>>
>>14793495
I don't get the hate for this as well. It's basically a love letter to the super robot genre, you think this would be loved here.
>>
>>14793559

it's because asshole fans like this try to act like they deserve some kind of special protection from others shit posting on them.
>>
>>14793559
fuck off
>>
>>14793570
>>14793571

No seriously WHY is this hated here?

There must be a reason.

Is it Simon?

Is it Yoko?

Is it Kamina dying?

what?
>>
>>14793559
Gintama is a love letter to contemporary Japanese culture, so is South Park for the US.
Neither /a/ nor /co/ suck the respective series' dick because they are basically just naming out things that happened and are therefore only slightly above-average shows.
TTGL is exactly the same for /m/ yet even on /tg/ people will tell you that they don't need to touch anything mecha related because TTGL took it all and made it better, which is a load of bull.
>>
>>14793607
Wait, this is hated because of it's Fans?
That's a load of bull.

Besides it doesn't touch everything in mecha. It doesn't even have aspects of real robot. So that can't be the only reason.
>>
>>14793606
>>14793611
>No seriously WHY is this hated here?
Because ttglfags make bait threads like these instead of actually making threads that talk about the show.

>>14793607
This has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>14793612
Knowing this place, i can actually believe this one.
>>
>>14793611
>It doesn't even have aspects of real robot.

The shitty middle arc is full of real robo war is bad messages, politics, mass produced mecha,....
>>
File: help_oppressed.gif (10KB, 333x244px) Image search: [Google]
help_oppressed.gif
10KB, 333x244px
>>14793611
Any show would be hated on /m/ if you start with "why do you hate x?"

Because it means TTGLfags are too thin skinned to allow any criticism of their favourite show, even when every other show on /m/ is shat upon, from mazinger to gundam to eva.

Because it means TTGLfags want /m/ to become their personal hugbox.

Pic very related.
>>
>>14793617
Oh right, i forgot about that one. Though that was mostly solved in a super robot way.
>>
Its not as fun when Kamina leaves. The main character cast is very mediocre and unambitious, and the antagonists are boring one-note jobbers.
Even if Kamina was extremely annoying at times, he was the heart of TTGL. It seems as if Imaishi noticed this, as he put Kamina into fucking everything in the second half, from statues to his finishing moves to him showing up in that dream.
>>
>>14793559
>It's basically a love letter to the super robot genre
It's an overrated poorly made one that borders on plagiarism at times more than homage. Take the fact that no one in its fanbase accepts criticism and only make shitposting threads/play the victim as some unjustly bullied sect of /m/ breeds hostility. If ever an actual thread was made about TTGL where real discussion was welcomed and started with something like "how would you improve TTGL?" there would be no issue.

Also in my opinion Gun x Sword is a much better love letter to mecha than TTGL.
>>
This is like wanting to discuss Naruto on /a/
>>
So I see the shitposter is back and acting like we hate TTGL again
>>
Characters are not memorable, Kamina remains the only one who can scream well.
Animation is shit, finishers are shit, choreography is shit.
Music is also shit, fucking rap music.
Story fails at its own ass (lol spiral energy is gonna ruin the universe, so let's kill the only guy who keeps that shit in check and continues to use it instead)
>>
>>14793495
While I agree that the bitching about TTGL is pretty tiresome, especially from the "le cancerous fanbase" faggots, this kind of thread doesn't help.

Make a thread about TTGL that talks about the show, not whether or not /m/ collectively hates it. It doesn't even have to be critical, just make a nice thread about the show/characters/robots.
>>
File: 340.jpg (33KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
340.jpg
33KB, 340x340px
1) it's 27 episodes and two OVAs. At the end of the day, gurren lagann in both depth and quantity is simple and clean.

2) it's nearly 10 years old, and most importantly...

3)Was, is, will always be EXTREMELY well known/loved/liked.

I remember being around when it was airing. /m/, /v/, /a/ all had episode threads as they aired. Moot made fight the power background music for a fucking week.

The problem is, with anything popular - it's open to more criticism and people who feel it isn't the best example of their genre. Best action movie, rock album, drama film or rap LP? If it's popular, someone has a list of 27 reasons why you're fucking wrong and it's shit.

Take a look at the recent ANN poll of strongest pilots. Simon is at the you with 27% nearly ten fucking years after the show ended. The rest of the list is peppered with mainstream Gundam pilots and fucking shinji.

Ryoma, Kouji, Gai, I think even amuro are largely absent from such a list. So TTGL gets that rep of being The Dark Knight on the top 100 movies via IMDB.

rest assured I fucking love it and was a little dissapointed to see it on the chopping block for SRW V, but the main thing is people want you to learn to take criticism against it and that there are tons of great mecha anime out there besides the most popular.
>>
>>14793559
good music
good character (Hiyama)

thats it

really thats all its got going for it
>>
File: Reconguista_in_G_Promo_Poster.jpg (674KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Reconguista_in_G_Promo_Poster.jpg
674KB, 848x1200px
>>14793495
>>
I always just find it boring.
>>
>>14794106
>Music is also shit, fucking rap music.

>unironically shitting on based Iwasaki

How about you fucking end yourself?
>>
>>14793495
The reason TTGL can't be discussed on /m/ is because the show is so shallow there's literally nothing to talk about.

I really like it but what can I say aside from "it looks good"
It's all style and no substance.

Evangelion has room for theories and discussion, Gundam is vast enough for all kinds of debate - which shows are good/shit, etc
Other mecha stuff is niche enough to get passionate threads from small groups of fans

But TTGL leaves you with nothing, nothing to talk about. I've met other people who like it and it's always just been painful because they've had nothing to say aside from ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH xD and all the other memes. It's just flash and shouting. The characters are 1-demensional and simplistic. The plot is "shout until you beat the bad guy" over and over. That's it.

This is also why all threads about TTGL are about "why can't we talk about TTGL" instead of threads about TTGL.

OP, if you really, REALLY wanted to talk about the show, as you claim, you'd have started a discussion about it. Asked a question about the plot or characters or mechs, but no, you just wanted more shitposting and you got it.

That's why you can't talk about TTGL.
>>
just a little remainder
next year is gurren lagann's 10th anniversary, so the shitposting will be multiplied
that is, if hiro doesn't kill us because the board is taking too much money
>>
File: 1473960623033.jpg (102KB, 720x533px) Image search: [Google]
1473960623033.jpg
102KB, 720x533px
>>14794149
>That "show"
>>
File: why.png (189KB, 321x377px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
189KB, 321x377px
Where the hell do i start if I want to get into gundam?

I've been looking around but i'm getting so many mixed answers on whats worth watching and whats crap. It's not like I can just watch everything either, I probably don't even have the 50 years of my life i need for it left.
>>
>>14795752
I'm kind of excited for Imaishi's next project. I hated TTGL, and KLK solved some of those things I hated about TTGL (namely the bland and tame characters), now I'm just waiting for Nakashima to write something that resembles a good plot.
>>
>>14795804
>Where the hell do i start if I want to get into gundam?
Macross.
>>
>>14795804
Watch the original and G. The original because is the template for all of them, and G because it succeeds at being different but still good.
>>
>>14795804
Watch in production order, that's how most start. Just remember that you don't have to watch every single show in the lineup.

Have fun, anon.
>>
>>14795828
radical
>>14795851
Im on the origional right now, i'll look into G afterwards, thanks! Any seriers i should just outright avoid and not waste my time with?
>>
>>14795881
SEED and SEED Destiny are fuckin' awful, but they have some great mech designs if you're into gunpla.
>>
>>14793559
>It's basically a love letter to the super robot genre

That none of it's fans get
>>
>>14795891
Gotcha. Gunpla is one of the bigger reasons I want to get into gundam, actually. I don't want to be the one guy at the hobby shop wide eyed whenever someone mentions anything more in depth than the "robot shoulder with the spikes on it".
>>
>>14795914
>Gunpla is one of the bigger reasons I want to get into gundam
You are gonna like Build Fighters then. avoid Try
>>
>>14795925
Speaking of build fighters, that new game looked amazing in the videos i've seen of it. It's really up there with persona and project diva x for weeb games im excited for. Probably gonna grab a cheap ps4 off craigslist once the 1tb edition drops.
>>
>>14793495
Anything from leiji due to one very autistic shitposter
>>
>>14795987
This is the perfect time to get into it too, with the DLC campaign coming out.

Assuming you're talking about Gundam Breaker.
>>
>>14793606
>WHY is this hated here?

If you have to ask, you'll never know. Now go back to /v/.
>>
File: 3865c130063298212b0ddf7489359a58.jpg (273KB, 1141x1200px) Image search: [Google]
3865c130063298212b0ddf7489359a58.jpg
273KB, 1141x1200px
So this is how it's going to work. I'm going to post Valvrave, and provided he didn't magically discover restraint within the week, you're going to see Valvrager in action.
>>
File: concerns.jpg (59KB, 457x472px) Image search: [Google]
concerns.jpg
59KB, 457x472px
>>14793495
Getter robo
Zeorymer
Gunbuster
Anything by Imagawa
>>
>>14793495
literally anything
>>
File: m logic.jpg (436KB, 1686x892px) Image search: [Google]
m logic.jpg
436KB, 1686x892px
Pre-2000s anime and toku
>>
>>14796594
I hate the spic posters who just want to shit post Getter discussions. It especially doesn't make sense because it all came from that one Mexican violently sitting all over Getter because it conflicted with his shitty tastes and his being upset that people kept rightfully comparing Getter to TTGL and how Getter is superior and just a more whole experience. Calling people who like Getter a spic literally makes no sense since the spic HATED Getter.
>>
>>14796594
When does anyone ever shitpost Zeorymer? Barely anyone talks about it at all.
>>
>>14795227
How about you blow a nigger cock?

Rap music is shit.
>>
File: 1370264485798.jpg (624KB, 1000x767px) Image search: [Google]
1370264485798.jpg
624KB, 1000x767px
>>14796670
>>
>>14796663
I don't get this. We have threads about pre-2000s anime all the time.
>>
File: ryoma-nagare.jpg (143KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ryoma-nagare.jpg
143KB, 1280x1024px
>>14796594

Getter threads are half spic shitposting and other half arguing getter energy vs spiral energy
>>
>>14798089
Which is better than TTGL because it's pretty much inferiority complex, the thread.

"baw baww why do you persecute us so" says Gurren Faggans.
>>
>>14795506

>Evangelion has room for theories

PFFF AAHAHAHAHAHA

YEAH SURE BUDDY

EVEN TTGL HAS MORE LORE POSSIBILITIES THAN THAT EDGY DOOMSAYER SCHLOCK

Seriously, christian imagery is the get out of jail free card for cool imagery in anime.
>>
>>14798163
>EDGY DOOMSAYER SCHLOCK
ok there buddy
>>
>>14798163
Evangelion has deeper, grown up themes than shout louder = win.
>>
Best Mech and character.

My favorite design and favorite arc.

Also he took on an alien supermech with a shotgun. The one scene i'm sad it's missing in the second movie.
>>
File: 0-ArcGurrenLagann.jpg (79KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
0-ArcGurrenLagann.jpg
79KB, 800x600px
>>14798089

Spiral Energy was intended to be a 1-up of Getter Rays.

Comparing Spiral Energy and Getter Rays is like comparing Saitama and Superman.

The former is by essence undefeatable because the entire point of it is to be so.

Oh also,Gurren Lagann lacks a complex story however it has amazing visuals, great music, and ohhh boy the robot designs.

Yeah, the story is lackluster.

Yeah, the characters are not exactly complex most of the time.

But who cares, Super Robot anime is about giant overpowered magic robots duking it out and making DBZ look like a joke in comparison.

Also Dai-Gurren Lagann is the most underrated form.

>>14798209

No it doesn't.

The characters are barely two-dimensional, it's overly edgy, and tries too hard to drive home the whole "hurr super robotto bayd" bullshit that the depressed edgelord they had instead of a writer had made up in his antidepressant-addled delirium.

And don't get me started on the pointless christian imagery and the "haha fuck you" ending.

And the fact that EVAfags seem to think they're clever and deep for projecting onto the equivalent of a Mary Sue fused with the worst parts of Tomoko Kuroki just to find meaning where there was none intended.

Both GL and EVA have lackluster stories with cool visuals and awesome fights.

The difference is that GL isn't pretentious tripe.
>>
File: Chidori takes out the trash.jpg (121KB, 563x902px) Image search: [Google]
Chidori takes out the trash.jpg
121KB, 563x902px
It's hot trash.
It's a show that only had ******PWETTY ANIMUTIONS****** going for it.

The lowest kind of trash love it.
>>
>>14798235
Nigger, you need to watch more robot shows.

Even GGG has more sacrifices than TTGL did.
>>
>>14798237

Pretentious Evafag detected
>>
>>14793611
>this is hated because of it's fans
You'd be mistaken. I have nothing against ttgl
I just hate its fanbase.
>>
>>14798244

I never said GL had a lot of sacrifices.

There was, what... Three major characters that died throughout the show.
>>
File: image.jpg (123KB, 564x801px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123KB, 564x801px
>>14798235
Oh I didn't mean getter energy vs spiral energy in a fight. I meant a comparison between them in how they're used in their respected series and which helps the theming of the show and which is overall better written
>>
>>14798248
Then you are wrong about robot shows.

A lot of robot shows are not meant to be discotek light battles, it's about manly men fighting and dying.
>>
>>14793606
Probably because Simon and Kamina are gigantic cucks?
>>
>>14798235
>Super Robot anime is about giant overpowered magic robots duking it out
For you, maybe.
But for me, its awesome characters piloting magic robots and duking it out, something that Gurren Lagann fails in.
>>
>>14794134
This. If you praise something enough, eventually you'll run out of good things to say about it. Criticizing really popular stuff is something that happens on every board, and it's not out of spiteful contrarianism, but an interest in having actual discussion.
>>
>>14794134
>Moot made fight the power background music for a fucking week.
Not for TTGL.
>>
>>14798235
>Spiral Energy was intended to be a 1-up of Getter Rays.
Except it's the opposite, it's dumbed down Getter Rays that simplify what they are from progress to just effort. This also removes the aspect about how Getter energy is not a force of good and can even be viewed as a force of evil, because progress can depend on perspective whether it's good or not and when you bring up the subject of morality progress can be very questionable. Spiral energy is just "effort is a good thing"which is why the Antispiral is literally just entropy as a character.
>>
>>14799100
One question?

Why didn't they just switch to using Anti-Spiral energy and Spiral energy at the same time?

Sorta like AC?
>>
>>14799106
Because humans have no way to create Antispiral energy, even though shouldn't being complacent and down on yourself generate it?

Eh, I think they are fine considering you literally just have to yell and believe in yourself to generate spiral energy.
>>
>>14799133
Dude, maybe the anti-spiral is even greater than human because he manages to create anti-spiral energy.
>>
>>14798163
TTGL fans, everyone.
>>
File: nadia please.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nadia please.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>14793495
how much I want to fuck Nadia silly
>>
>>14794106
>Story fails at its own ass (lol spiral energy is gonna ruin the universe, so let's kill the only guy who keeps that shit in check and continues to use it instead)
the point of the show is about overcoming obstacles, the cast thinks they can legitimately overcome the spiral nemesis. That and their only real other option was to accept getting the earth wrecked by the anti-spiral. Granted its still a knock-off of the getter emperor plotline
>>
>>14800784

Considering the Spiral Nemesis consists of the universe entirely filling with mass and turning into a giant black hole, yeah.

They can, especially singe unlike the Anti-Spiral, Gurren Lagann can defeat two universes of nothing but Anti-Spiral Energy SIMULTANEOUSLY.

If anything, the Spiral Nemesis will turn out to be some bullshit like Azathoth.
>>
>>14797735
And they get shit on all the time by spics, /krg/ and G-Reco fanboys
>>
>>14800784
Just like saying you can overcome drugs by overdosing it.

That's retarded.

>That and their only real other option was to accept getting the earth wrecked by the anti-spiral.
The anti-spiral has no problem with people existing as long as they don't use spiral energy.
>>
I tried to start a thread about Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles once.
Not a single macross character design or mecha design in the show, it's basically just a continuation of Mospeada with a couple of Southern Cross characters but it still quickly deteriorated into yet another chorus of Macross fans whining about HG blocking them from having all those Macross sequels that they downloaded anyway.

It really sucks being a Mospeada fan because the only way we'd ever get more material is through Robotech and even if it did happen there's no way I could discuss it here on /m/.
>>
>>14801377
At least you'll always have that sick opening
>>
>>14801298
Might as well make a car analogy and a shit analogy if you're going to make such a shitty argument.
>>
>>14801424
Can you overcome car by using cars?

Can you overcome shit by shitting?
>>
File: 1416445445332.gif (852KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1416445445332.gif
852KB, 480x270px
I don't particular like GBF Try since it was such an "arbitrary shouen anime done in a hilariously bad manner", but I doubt /m/ can discuss it (or GBF by extension) without turning the thread into a whining hugbox to bitch about Sunrise being worse than Hitler for pandering "to the wrong crowds" and bury any potential legit discussion

I understand /m/'s frustrations regarding Try but I just can't wrap my head on how masochistic you lot can be to watch something you don't like every week just to whine about it
>>
>>14802667
I stopped watching Try after the first ep, thank god.
>>
>>14796630
IR isn't bad, just average though.
>>
>>14803472
Average you may say, but you can't deny that unlike the current day standard of mediocrity it brought with it an identity that still stands out as unique to this day via its hip hop sounds and taking the idea of space being an ocean to its absolute extreme, with the namesake ship straight up being a space submarine in a setting where such a thing actually isn't as fucking stupid as it sounds.

I mean, you can name shows with hip hop, you can name shows with subs, and you can name space shows, but Ryvius is like the only example of a show that fuses those elements together, let alone in a synergistic fashion.
>>
>>14793495
Cross Ange threads
>>
>try to Getterpost
>spicspicspicspic
>okay fine
>try to post super robots
>/k/fags and Gundamfags show up
>try to post about real robots
>srfags ruin the thread
>try to post about general mecha
>tokushitters ruin the thread
>>
Nothing really, I have even seen decent Seed Destiny talk on here if you don't phrase your opening post like a cuck just like OP
>>
>>14808668
>Post mecha outside /m/
>The battletech fans always show up and shit everything up with muh realism and muh design
>>
>>14809247

>Post mecha inside /m/
>People from /k/ come into /m/ starting "is mecha practical" threads and causes shitposting anyway
>>
>>14809293
Can't win.
>>
File: IMG_0555.jpg (57KB, 576x340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0555.jpg
57KB, 576x340px
Post what you want to talk about without worrying about negative statements from others. Implying that you'll receive opposition only breeds it. The responsibility of speaking freely is accepting that not everybody will be accepting of what you have to say.
>>
>>14808668
>>spicspicspicspic
If you get called spic, then you were acting like one.

Don't spread the bs about getter threads. Only shitposters and other detractors get called spics.
>>
File: School_Shock.jpg (379KB, 1000x1363px) Image search: [Google]
School_Shock.jpg
379KB, 1000x1363px
>Chinese bug-girl fighting gender-swapped FMP

The manhua is almost good, a shame the anime "season" was 6x10minute episodes a month apart with poor animation even by budget standards.

Guess China isn't the savior of /m/ quite yet.
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.