[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would "Pacific Rim" have been better if it had centrally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: Makostacker.jpg (516KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Makostacker.jpg
516KB, 2000x1333px
The fascinating dynamic and history between them.
>>
File: QT.jpg (39KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
QT.jpg
39KB, 1280x718px
Probably, but it wasn't 100% guaranteed.

Besides the main plot (robots x kaijus), the movie tried to be serious (human extinction, world clock attacks...), but the comic relief (the scientists) was terrible - irritating and noisy.

On the other side, Mako and Stacker's background history was nice. However... it would probably had some other issues: Rinko's inability to act in english and Stacker's excessive protection. With the wrong tone, could have being some kind of lazy melodrama...
>>
>American movie
>Focusing on non-whites
As nice as the idea is it wouldn't happen.
>>
>asian mixing with nigger
Asian here.

No, that is disgusting.
>>
>>14791663
>didn't watch Pacific Rim
Get out
>>
>>14791668
It looks disgusting so I do not watch it.

Also the title sounds like an asian taking a rimjob.
>>
>>14791117
It would have just boiled down to "military brat and Papa Luther butt heads", so no. At best, it would have been as boring as Becket's shit.
>>
File: rei_eva_00_by_ry_spirit-d6gajam.jpg (110KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
rei_eva_00_by_ry_spirit-d6gajam.jpg
110KB, 600x849px
So basically

Rei and Gendo, except Rei isn't completely dead inside, and Gendo isn't a complete fucking asswipe, but actually really cool?
>>
>>14791731
Rei isn't dead inside.

Stop the fucking meme.
>>
>>14791668
I watched it and liked it but I agree. Also Asian.
>>
>>14791735
Well, sorry about saying it like that. I meant "not as emotionally stunted", if that makes more sense.
>>
>>14791735
to be fair, "emotionally dead inside" and "emotionally autistic" are indistinguishable from one another.
>>
>>14791766
Nope, hard to display emotion =/= not having emotion.

The people who say Rei are emotionally dead have never watched Eva or not paid attention.

The whole crux of the show depends on her emotion and choice, as much as Shinji.
>>
>>14791766
Nah, he's got a point. I made a deliberate exaggeration, and I acknowledge that it isn't precise.

Although, Gendo really is an asswipe that's literally worse than Hitler.
>>
>>14791808
Gendo is an asshole, I concur.

He got his head biten by Yui so all is good.
>>
Maybe?

I felt like they got plenty of enough focus as is though.
>>
>>14791663
>asian mixing with nigger
>didn't watch Pacific Rim
Just bait or 5 star idiot.
GTFO, tiny cock.
>>
>>14791884
He could be a flip, pretty sure they inbreed all the time, so fucking a parent wouldn't be that abnormal to them.
>>
>>14791884
What's with the butthurtness?

Niggers are ugly.
>>
>>14791915
Button up, zipperhead.
>>
ELBLACKED
>>
>>14791898
Yeah if he identifies as just Asian then he's a subhuman SEA
>>
File: 1472690370768.jpg (90KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1472690370768.jpg
90KB, 1920x1080px
>>14791117
Pacific Rim needed about 100% more Idris Elba
>>
>>14791898
>See how the president who follows in the footsteps of Hitler can fight drug users.
>>
File: mfw1.gif (991KB, 500x230px) Image search: [Google]
mfw1.gif
991KB, 500x230px
>>14791990
>>
>>14791731
>So basically
>Rei and Gendo
Except completely different? You don't seriously think Anno invented mentor-student relationships?
Their relationship is much more similar to that of Tetsuya Tsurugi and Kenzo Kabuto, so just that alone discredits your statement.
>>
it would have been better if the lead was a better actor and had more development aside from "tragic hero backstory"

he was also struggling to do an american accent

why that aussie wasnt the main is actually beyond me

>yeah mako pilot gypsy with me ya cunt or I wont get my centerlink payment
>>
>>14791735
Rei isnt a person. Shes a non character
I loved NGE but honestly, anyone that pretends like theres anything about thats interesting is simply lying
>>
>>14791117
No. That is bullshit. It was a 8/10 movie as is.
>>
how to make it really better:
Put almost all the focus on the Russians and Cherno instead.
>>
>>14793357
You're retarded and crazy. Excuse yourself.
>>
>>14793482
Rei is a fictional character and thus not a person, but she's definitely a character in NGE, and not only that, the best character besides Shinji.

You just a mad waifufag son
>>
>>14793779
Nice shitpost. You'll be a pro in no time flat.
>>
>>14791663

They're father and daughter.
>>
>>14793357
>all this projecting
>all this autism

You go-nagai obsessed idiots are pathetic.
>>
>/pol and evafags shitposters
wow great thread guys have some (YOU)
>>
>>14794222
Yeah because Gendo totally saved Rei when she was a child and became her mentor whom she admired and loved as a father while Gendo sacrificed his own life to protect Rei whom he saw as a daughter.

No wait. Gendo created Rei in a test tube after the image of his ded waifu and used her like a tool to further his agendas until Rei finally betrayed him for his own son.

Totally similar. Amirite. Such a Eva clone.

Meanwhile, Tetsuya was an orphan adopted by Kenzo who became his beloved father. Kenzo loved Tetsuya like a son and sacrificed his life to protect him. This is infinitely closer than your hamfisted Eva comparison, you newfaggot scum.
>>
>>14794247
>Yeah because Gendo totally saved Rei when she was a child and became her mentor whom she admired and loved as a father while Gendo sacrificed his own life to protect Rei whom he saw as a daughter.

...well, yes there are scenes in Evangelion like that. During a test with the Evangelion that goes wrong, Gendo swoops in to save Rei, giving him some serious burns in the process. Due to this, Rei does actually become loyal to Gendo and starts to admire him and protect him. Plus, Rei's a little girl and so was Mako, they've both got their hairstyle on with a little bit of blue color in it too.

So pretty much like the original anon said, like them EXCEPT gendo isn't an asswipe etc....

I think you have serious problems, Mr. autistic projecting otaku. No one is saying it's an Eva-clone, but you're acting as if people did. Hell people evne acknowledge in the first mention that it's not exactly the same. You are insecure and angry. Most likely you're afraid that your object of obsession, old anime and manga will be forgotten and other new anime will be better and more readily remembered by newer generations.

Well, tough luck, that's life and how it's worked before you were even born. So at least try to hide your autism in the presence of normal people.

If it helps, the writers of Pacific Rim watched the first Rebuild of Evangelion just prior to writing it. Possibly for inspiration...? Who knows, Mako is voiced by Rei's voice actor too in the Japanese dub, which is pretty damned weird since Rinko already speaks Japanese....
>>
>>14795841
Holy fuck this is navy seals copypasta level of mad
>>
>>14795864
But I'm not mad, autist. I've been explaining to you that you should calm down and not be so mad over things that didn't happen. Stop boxing at shadows.
>>
>>14793311
But anon, there can be only one.

Jaegers needed more weapons, Striker Eureka best robot
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.