[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Talk about shows you're currently watching, or just finished

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 13

Talk about shows you're currently watching, or just finished watching, but can't find a thread for.

Manga and Tokusatsu are also welcome.
>>
>>14790370
>currently watching
Not so much "currently" but I'm about to binge watch the Goldran.
Good to see the show finally wholly subbed, and also /m/subs more active as a whole.
>>
Right now I'm rewatching Godzilla movies to prepare a path to Shin.

Did cowboy Honey anon get hit by a truck or something? I worry sometimes.
>>
>>14790370
I'm watching Godannar right now, my friends pushing me to watch Zeorymer next
>>
>>14790520
You need to make some new friends.
>>
>>14790414
It feels like just yesterday that the only Brave series you could watch was GGG and some HK bootlegs for the rest.

>>14790531
Zeorymer is good peoples.

Don't bully Zeorymer.
>>
>>14790370
>That hat placement
did you planned it all along, old man?
>>
Finished New Getter on Thursday, I've become hopelessly addicted to Getter media and have now seen the three main OVAs and read all the manga in the span of like 3-4 months(with some breaks in between to watch some other stuff). New Getter was such an amazingly show and I struggle to pick between Armageddon and new for my favorite OVA of the franchise. Both are two of my absolute favorite shows of all time.

I've fallen hard for Getter and it's really shown me how much i truly do love mecha shows. I'm planning to download Daikessen and the English patch since i hear the game is fun and the story is pretty cool. This week I'm also planning to work through Daiguard as it seems like just a super fun show.

https://youtu.be/FsyLS8wT_Bg
This runs for one of my all time favorite OPs and I was shocked something could top HEATS for my favorite Getter OP. This runs for one of the best insert songs for when the action kicks in during a show.
>>
>>14790721
Also can anyone tell me if any of the movies or other small OVAs of Getter are worth checking out? Gonna be sad if Daikessen ends my experience with Getter since I've seen the main 3 OVAs and read the manga. I just want more Getter.
>>
>>14790370
Hyped as fuck for Torkaizer.
>>
Watching Orguss right now, is Kei the only mecha MC other than James Links who has a daughter at the time of the show?
>>
>>14790520
zeorymer is decent, the first episode is god tier but the rest is kind of meh.
>>
Watching wing and votoms. Wings is kinda meh but votoms is really nice.
>>
Kind of off-topic but sort of fits the thread's theme anyway

What the fuck happened to that new J9 show they announced years ago? I haven't heard anything about it in ages
>>
>>14791103
That was just a fan thing as far as I know
>>
Started Layzner yesterday and I'm enjoying it a lot, none of the characters seem annoying except Eiji who has actually been getting better since his first kill and I loved how he actually reflected on taking another life. Something which I feel is missing from anime and manga a lot, they never really reflect on how they kill people in certain types of anime they just get it over and done with like it's nothing. The mystery is also pretty intriguing too and they've kept it nice and intriguing since the beginning. Love how this is basically just Red Dawn in space.
>>
>>14791103
>What the fuck happened to that new J9 show they announced years ago? I haven't heard anything about it in ages

Watch their site: http://www.jinraiger.com/news

Pre-production started 2014, the planning committee was formed and production itself started last December. As of a couple months ago they said they were almost ready to do full staff announcements.
>>
>>14790721
As far as I know, only the Ishikawa manga has been translated.

As for animation

Toei (Not fully translated, but you should be able to get by with familiarity)
Getter Robo
Getter Robo G
Getter Robo Go

OVA
Change Getter/Getter Armageddon
Neo Getter vs Shin Getter
New Getter

I think that's pretty much it, but I feel there's something I forgot.
>>
>>14791345
>that bit where the Russians and Americans nuke each other on mars
That was fucking sick.
>>
File: 1314604725737.gif (12KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1314604725737.gif
12KB, 350x350px
>>14790370
>shows you're currently watching
Slowly working through Braiger whenever I have a spare half-hour. I'm up to episode 24, and Khamen Khamen has finally been introduced.

Braiger isn't all that amazing on the whole, but the setting is absolutely fantastic. The way the various crime syndicates and governments of various degrees of corruption play against each other and how various everyday people are preyed upon is good shit. J9 being this super gray extra-legal authority is a really cool dynamic. I'm really hyped to see how it plays out now that Khamen x2 is consolidating the various crime organizations and how his plans turn out.

Unfortunately, the average episode isn't really as great as the above suggests. For every episode about space truckers and pirate radio stations discretely leading away from crooked space cops, there's an episode about future rock and rollers holding a benefit concert--and somehow that's the most boring thing.

It's also not really a show I can recommend for the battles. The mecha fights are super dull, and the out-of-robot fights, with a few exceptions, aren't much better.
>>
>>14793753
Supposedly, the show was meant to be a futuristic outer space version of a series of period dramas (not the 40 Ronin, that's for Baxinger). The mecha fights were tacked in at the last minute and it shows.

http://www.animenation.net/fourth-j9-anime-series-announced/
>>
>>14793732
I already read the manga. Order I went was Armageddon > manga > Shin vs Neo > New. Next up is Daikessen.

There are a couple of movies also but they are mainly crossovers with Go Nagai stuff and not sure how many are subbed. I also remember Ken made a small chapter in Shin Getter that was about some ova titled "Shin Getter: the last day of the world" which featured all pilots getting their own mecha meaning Getter 1, 2, and 3 fighting side by side on the moon.

I forgot about the toei stuff. Guess it will be a good source for Getter fixes in the future and the untranslated stuff i can use as moon practice since stuff aimed towards children use simplistic Japanese and are recommended as good practice for comprehension.
>>
>>14793741

>That scene where they find all the dead bodies in the shelter and David is having survivor's guilt due to being a couple centimeters away from where the brick wall fell collapsing and killing his friend
You know, for a shounen this gets incredibly dark at times.
>>
>>14794135
>black kid dies first episode
Laughed to be honest.
>>
>>14794112
>I also remember Ken made a small chapter in Shin Getter that was about some ova titled "Shin Getter: the last day of the world"
Oh wait I'm retarded, that's what the Japanese name for Armageddon was. Where the hell did Ken get the whole "3 separate Getters" from? Or was that supposed to be the Getter wars they mention in the beginning of the movie?
>>
>>14794145

It really is like an American 80s movie.
>>
>>14794112
The Toei stuff is pretty grand.

I think the HK subs may have turned people off of a lot of Toei anime, but there are honestly some decent stories in there in addition to some neat one-off characters/attacks.

the Toei Mazinger Z anime is the real star of this, though, since they ended up coming up with a lot of stuff to fit into the total episodes that were requested.
>>
Is that really all you're watching today?

Come in and tell us all about the stuff you're enjoying.
>>
Started up on Daiguard. What a unique premise and all around fun show it is. I'm only two episodes in but is great. Made me bump Patlabor up on my backlog because I wanna see something else like it soon after.

Now I wish I was a salaryman mecha pilot.
>>
I'm currently watching Gundam Wing. After the fun rides of Victory and G I'm already not really having a good time. The entire cast of MCs was "introduced" super fast; I barely know them but I already don't really like them.

I get that they're supposed to be soldier types on a mission, but they come off as esoteric edgelords. These are also probably the Gundams I like least as MS already. The Earth Alliance MS look cool, which is a shame because they fucking explode like there's no tomorrow and they don't really seem to have a lot of kit love.
>>
File: 1455505459202.jpg (77KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1455505459202.jpg
77KB, 768x1024px
So I'm 5 episodes into the first season of IBO. Do all alt timeline Gundam shows have dumb as fuck peace princesses? The mobile suits using blunt weapons is cool as fuck, and I especially like the Barbatos hammer, that's some absolutely crazy shit.

Oh and I'm 4 episodes into the OVA version of Unicorn. Banagher is a little bitch and everybody else is a stupid, violent, bloodthirsty fucko once fighting breaks out (I'm looking at you, zeek guy who teaches Banagher about being a man in ep 4, and also you as well, purple hair dude who's gay for Full Frontal, oh and you too, random newtype girl we barely even knew who goes fucking apeshit in the mobile armor.), but the fights are kinda cool, I guess. Oh and don't fucking tell me the black Gundam that showed up at the end of episode 4 is fucking Laplace's box, that'd be the stupidest fucking shit in the universe.
>>
How do they so many spare shields for the RX 78 if it's a one of a kind prototype? That shit gets destroyed every episode almost.
>>
>>14794112
The old crossover movies all have crabsticks if nothing else.

There's also that short crossover video from iirc the Shin vs Neo DVDs but it's just a handful of minutes long.
>>
>>14801567
>Do all alt timeline Gundam shows have dumb as fuck peace princesses?
Nope, and spoiler alert: the ones that don't are usually great
>>
File: Jeeg.jpg (305KB, 1344x756px) Image search: [Google]
Jeeg.jpg
305KB, 1344x756px
I'm watching Koutetsushin Jeeg. It's alright. More interesting than the manga. Though there's something about it that prevents me from getting excited about the fights. Can't pinpoint what exactly. Same thing happened with Shin Mazinger and New Getter despite me liking all of them overall.
I also really love how Jeeg looks in it. Really fucking cool.
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 720x480px
>>14791080
Going through the original 52 episodes? I also went into VOTOMS with nothing but knowledge that /m/ considered it the realest of the real robot genre, and while the Voodo arc was a bit of a drag the Kummen arc made me fall in love with this series.

Now, I'm knee deep in the OVAs, all of which I've enjoyed so far, but Phantom Arc seemed like it relied too much on nostalgia of the TV series, it got to be too much at times. Also, everything that takes place after Shining Heresy seems aimless. Still, VOTOMS is fucking GOAT, and I've still got three OVAs to go

Pic related for Phantom Arc
>>
Slowly watching Big O. It's ok at best. I wish it were Giant Robo. Hope it gets better, as I understand the second season ditches the episodic nature or something.
Reading Getter Robo for /m/ stuff. It's crazy.
>>
>>14801581
Because neither of those things are true.

There were several different loads of Project V parts, you see some for additional Gunannons and Guntanks and there were in existence an RX-78-1 (black/red) and RX-78-3 (gray/pale blue), but these do not appear in the series, wherein only the parts for one Guncannon, Guntank, and Gundam were saved from Side 7, along with weapons.
>>
>>14794210
Man, Eijis naivete is really starting to get on my nerves. He talks about how much he doesn't want to kill, but then the show conveniently kills his enemies for him via the layzners autopilot which absolves him of the responsibility. I like how it's handled and I like the mystery behind it though. Also I have ahard time understanding his moral perspective. I can't see why he considers the life of people who are trying to murder him and humanity for no reason other than they *might* attack them in the future to be just as worth while as those that he is defending. I wish the show would discuss this aspect a little more, have an argument with one of the kids or something.
>>
At Ep.22 of King Gainer

Holy fuck this show is fun, after having watched G-Reco.

What are Virin and Maria doing in Siberia?
>>
>>14802057
>Hope it gets better, as I understand the second season ditches the episodic nature or something
It doesn't get better, it gets very bad in fact. The second season is the season that was funded by and made for the west. The plot becomes nonsensical and stupid and just everything gets worse.

As much as everyone loves Big O it really is just the mech design that holds up, everything else is kinda mediocre.
>>
>>14802996
Its not nonsensical, you're just stupid.
>>
>>14805473
Fine it's just bad
>>
>>14802996
>As much as everyone loves Big O it really is just the mech design that holds up, everything else is kinda mediocre.
First season is incredible, and the second season holds up until around the refight against Big Duo.

I'll agree the conclusion was miserable. One of the stipulations Toonami had before funding was that the show needed to explain the mystery, which was basically a guarantor of disaster even before you factor in the fact that one of the messages of the show was how obsessing over/trying to solve the mystery was personally self-destructive.
>>
File: e-spt-lz-00x-b.jpg (58KB, 354x400px) Image search: [Google]
e-spt-lz-00x-b.jpg
58KB, 354x400px
I'm a few episodes into Layzner.
Man, this is both depressing as fuck and annoying as shit. I've gotten choked up several times in the span of 6 episodes, and I can't fucking stand David. We get it, you had a black best friend, can you just stop being a mopey little nigger and appreciate the alien with a not-gundam is trying to save your fucking life instead of fucking off and leaving you to die on Mars?

But you know what? All is forgiven, because I absolutely love the OP and the robots. These largely aerial fights are to die for.
>>
>>14806520
He gets better about it eventually.
>>
File: IMG_20161006_022041.jpg (111KB, 1376x981px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161006_022041.jpg
111KB, 1376x981px
>Layzner turns into cyberpunk madmax at episode 26
Holy shit thank you based /m/

>>14806520
David gets way better, don't worry
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-08-04 01.43.15.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-08-04 01.43.15.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>14805642
>>14806503
I didn't think their were still people who thought like this. Its not even all that confusing, Its just some aspects of it are very non literal. Like, holy shit, if you didn't think pic related was the coolest fucking thing, and the revelation that followed...
>>
This is a nice thread, it deserves a bump.
>>
Watching Sousei no Aquarion right now. This show is pacing character delevopment quite well.
>>
>>14807909
That was cool, and parts of the revelation were neat.

But it was handled remarkably clumsy.
>>
>>14790370
Well, I just finished up Gargantia. Haven't really delved into the OVAs but overall it was okay, kind of wasted potential at the last few episodes but I wouldn't write it off as entirely bad. Also, here's a few that I'm not currently watching but might check out in the future due to recommendations/discussion on here

>Infinite Stratos
>M3
>Escaflowne (I watched some of it when I was really young but never picked it up again, partly because I forgot all about it)
>Sidonia
>RahXephon
>Argevollen
>>
>>14811993
>Infinite Stratos
Don't do it.
>>
>>14790370
Initial D
Long time without watching any Mecha anime, is just come here because I'm replaying Armored Core For Answer right now. Do you recommend any very recent Mecha anime? I want to see some new Mecha Anime, I really liked Aldnoah Zero design.
>>
>>14812094
What do you like out of mecha anime?
Do you want a gritty war with zippy mecha? Go watch Thunderbolt.

Do you like the idea of a SoL mixed in with an alien invasion story and mecha fights with sick giant katana action? Watch Kuromukuro.

If you like the thought of lesbians piloting super mecha, go watch Regalia.
>>
>>14790370
Just watched Giant Robo with a good friend of my about half a year ago. It enjoyable to me. Since I didn't know all the crossover characters I kind of just accepted most of how odd some of the characters were. Hail Big Fire allegiance or death.
>>
>>14790370
Watching Concrete Revolutio and Heavy Object. The former is loaded with talking and barely has any action while the latter had a disappointing first episode, but the second ep was a huge step up.
>>
So in the first episode, Heero murdered two guys who had no chance, kicked the shit out of some paramedics and threatened to kill this girl he just met. This is the guy I'm rooting for?
>>
>>14816664
A guy who posted about Wing earlier
I'm on E3-4 and feel the same way. I think it's because him and the rest of the Gundam "team" are supposed to be soldiers already or what have you, but they just come off as edgy in a not-fun way.
>>
>>14790520

Godanner isn't good but is sure is fun
>>
>>14816664
>>14816668

No, you're not really supposed to think he's a great guy
>>
>>14816782
Am I supposed to feel like he's a huge fag though? Like, him, the rest of the team, they're doing "badass" stuff but it just isn't resounding with me.
>>
>>14816790

I dunno, I did.

There's a certain point in the story where he realizes what a huge fucker he is and turns things around in what I thought was a really solid character moment.

Wufei in particular continues to be a massive gaylord for the entire series though, and Trowa never stops being emo.
>>
>>14816793
This post

was it made by a woman?

It lacks honor.
>>
File: 20090217_591030.jpg (105KB, 327x505px) Image search: [Google]
20090217_591030.jpg
105KB, 327x505px
I'm a massive newfag

Can we talk about people sized robots on this board?

Either way I'm reading Mars, which has both. Obviously started it because of the Giant Robo OVA and wanted to see where Alberto came from. He hasn't really done anything yet.
>>
>>14816798
A lot of the characters in Giant Robo actually play minor/bit parts in their respective stories.

At least, the characters most people would want to look into, like Chief Chujo.

but then you get Koumei, who had a big part in his origin manga, but that's because it's based on Chinese literature and everyone's a big character in that stuff.
>>
File: Cs3gM3-WgAEwIrq.jpg large.jpg (44KB, 692x261px) Image search: [Google]
Cs3gM3-WgAEwIrq.jpg large.jpg
44KB, 692x261px
>>14816798
I just finished reading through Mars, myself. It's a pretty good take on The Day the Earth Stood Still, where instead of the alien visitor wanting to save Earth and the killing robot preparing to destroy it, the aliens have already decided Earth is irredeemable and it's the killer robot who stands up for Earth.

Alberto and the other pilots of the six gods aren't too dynamic of characters, but they get a few good lines in.
>>
File: download (15).jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (15).jpg
9KB, 259x194px
I take brakes on the weekend and watch 2 episodes a day on weekdays, but I'm currently on Episode 80 for LOGH right now.
RIP Fahrenheit. I kind of havee a feeling other bros won't make it through either.
For manga I'm reading Violence Jack and wanted to start Rahxephon sometime soon, but wasn't sure whether the anime or manga is the better start for it since they're both different apparently.
>>14816798
Is Giant Robo like Shin Mazinger where the artist's characters show up, like Violence Jack? I'm not sure how true it is either, but I heard that if Imagawa stayed with Getter Robo Armageddon, other people from Ishikawa's non-Getter works would've shown up.
>>
>>14817478

Yeah, for whatever reason, during production teh director was told he couldn't use the normal Giant Robo side characters, so he asked Yokoyama to use characters from all his other works

Which is why everyone is so insanely awesome all the time, I assume.
>>
>>14816811
Well, Chujo in particular is neat because he leads Interpol against Big Fire which is lead by Babel II, while in the manga they were working together. One of the things that adds to the Big Fire reveal I suppose.

Depends on the character, Red Mask's another hero but Fitzgerald was based off some henchman from Babel II?
>>
>>14817687
>Red Mask
Akakage, to be more precise. He even got his own imitator via a Famicom Capcom game.
>>
Just did a rewatch of gunbuster, cause damn i love that show. Currently watching space dandy because i never got around to it, fuck i missed out, when i can say to myself mid ep "man it'd be cool if they did this" then it happens i know i'm gonna have a good time.
>>
>>14817478
>Is Giant Robo like Shin Mazinger where the artist's characters show up, like Violence Jack?
IIRC, during the preproduction of Giant Robo OVA, Imagawa asked Yokoyama if he could use something from one of his other works and Yokoyama basically said that he could go ahead and use anything from anything he's done.

Imagawa took to that like a fat kid in a candy store and gleefully included damn near everything he could.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.