[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/re view/gundam-reconguis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 26

File: Typical_reaction_to_G-Reco.png (834KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Typical_reaction_to_G-Reco.png
834KB, 1280x720px
>http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/gundam-reconguista-in-g/sub.blu-ray/.106910

>The confusion that is Gundam: Reconguista in G begins with the name. The word comes from the Spanish reconquista, or “reconquest” in English, but has been altered for a hard “G” sound, as director Yoshiyuki Tomino told NEO magazine. In short, it's a nonsensical, made-up word that still has a basis in reason—a perfect metaphor for the entire show.

>Gundam: Reconguista in G is the most recent Tomino-directed Gundam show, his first one since directing Turn A Gundam in 2002 over ten years prior. Tomino's return from semi-retirement was highly anticipated, but the reception did not live up to the hype. While Reconguista in G was still airing, it endured criticism from the likes of former Studio Gainax president Toshio Okada. Eventually, Tomino himself gave it the most damning criticism of all: "I'd only get 15 points out of 100," he said of the plot. Just an episode or two is enough to clue you in on the problem here—there's a lot going on, but it's hard to tell exactly what or why.

>Our story begins in media res and never quite explains the extenuating circumstances. We meet our hero, Bellri Zenam, a cadet in the Capital Guard Academy who is just beginning his practical training when class is interrupted by a pirate attack. The beautiful, vivacious pirate turns out to be Aida Surugan, who's piloting a unique mobile suit called the G-Self. Both Bellri and an amnesiac prisoner of war, known as Raraiya Monday, seem to be drawn to the G-Self in mysterious ways. In order to find out more about his own destiny, Bellri helps Aida escape in the G-Self—along with Raraiya and his pink-haired love interest, Noredo Nug. They embark on a journey up into space, and the stage is set for your average Gundam bildungsroman, where a bunch of teens discover themselves and battle for the barest excuse of a reason.
>>
>>14784217
>It's too bad that the plot is such a mess, because everything else about Gundam: Reconguista in G is stunning. The world-building is a marvel. It's set in the fantastic yet immediately immersive ReGild Century, an ornate world of tropical palm trees and glittering lights, studded with classical Spanish imagery and Moroccan arches with detailed sparkling finery. The story begins in South America, further echoing the show's conquistador namesake. This locale also echoes the show's Gundam pedigree, alluding to the Amazon jungle (Mobile Suit Gundam, Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam), and the Guiana Highlands (Mobile Fighter G-Gundam, Gundam Build Fighters Try.)

>But like the “ReGild Century” implies, this opulence is only a thin veneer over a dark reality. This society centers around His Holiness, a religious authority who commands the military and governs based on what is and isn't “taboo.” He tells people what's best for them, and vital information stays on a need-to-know basis even for politicians. This society is far from equal, including a lower class of “inferior” people called Kuntala who were once eaten as emergency food rations. A lot of main characters like Noredo, Manny Ambassada, and our Char-like masked antagonist known only as “Mask” belong to the Kuntala ranks.

>But for a world with such black and white rules of what is good (religion) and what is bad (looking at the moon), characters move fluidly and without impunity across enemy lines. It's hard to tell why skirmishes are happening, who's participating, and what their motives are. Alliances are made and broken from episode to episode. Most notably, there's a scene mid-show in which all the main characters from each of the three (or is it four?) major fronts of the war all truce briefly and ride in an elevator together. In the next episode, they're all fighting to the death once again.
>>
>>14784217
>It's hard to tell why characters do anything, but it's very easy to like them. The art style is fluid and impressionistic, and characters exude personality with every gesture and physical tic. The eyecatches feature main characters dancing lithely, and you can see their personalities in their movement even if there's very little verbal backstory. There is nothing crisp about the art style, but it's mesmerizing all the same. Whether it's the characters themselves running and jumping or their mobile suits gliding or nimbly wielding weaponry, there's an elegance to this animation that I can appreciate even when I have no idea what's going on. Confusing battles are given true beauty with an orchestral soundtrack focused around one swelling ballad. Yugo Kanno (the other Kanno), best known for his soundtracks to Psycho Pass and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, is composing at his best. In stark contrast to this elegance, however, this show's mobile suits are sturdy, stout, and compact, completely lacking the grace of other Gundam models like those from Gundam Seed, for example. They're tough and bulky, opposing the opulence of Reconguista in G's sartorial and architectural aesthetics. These mobile suits are ugly, and yet I don't hate them. They're the most bizarre, creative mobile suits the franchise has seen in years. There's an immense range of mobile suit types on display, and their transformations (I'm thinking of the Mack Knife and Elf Bullock) are wonderfully weird.
>>
>>14784220
>It's hard to tell why characters do anything, but it's very easy to like them. The art style is fluid and impressionistic, and characters exude personality with every gesture and physical tic. The eyecatches feature main characters dancing lithely, and you can see their personalities in their movement even if there's very little verbal backstory. There is nothing crisp about the art style, but it's mesmerizing all the same. Whether it's the characters themselves running and jumping or their mobile suits gliding or nimbly wielding weaponry, there's an elegance to this animation that I can appreciate even when I have no idea what's going on. Confusing battles are given true beauty with an orchestral soundtrack focused around one swelling ballad. Yugo Kanno (the other Kanno), best known for his soundtracks to Psycho Pass and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, is composing at his best.
In stark contrast to this elegance, however, this show's mobile suits are sturdy, stout, and compact, completely lacking the grace of other Gundam models like those from Gundam Seed, for example. They're tough and bulky, opposing the opulence of Reconguista in G's sartorial and architectural aesthetics. These mobile suits are ugly, and yet I don't hate them. They're the most bizarre, creative mobile suits the franchise has seen in years. There's an immense range of mobile suit types on display, and their transformations (I'm thinking of the Mack Knife and Elf Bullock) are wonderfully weird.
>>
>>14784225
>The plot experiences a tonal shift around episode 14 that leads to big changes for many main characters. Bellri begins the show as Tomino's most easygoing Gundam protagonist, lacking the occasional negativity of reluctant Amuro (Mobile Suit Gundam) and prickly Kamille (Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam). But while these earlier heroes appeared to have agency, Bellri just follows where his many lady friends take him. He's a modern hero for the harem age—more everyman male avatar than personality. This all changes halfway through, when Bellri learns the circumstances of his birth and decides to take fate into his own hands. Around the same time, Raraiya gets her memories back, and the previously childish girl all but forgets about her beloved pet fish and becomes a mature, competent pilot overnight. Now that Raraiya no longer needs a nurse, it's hard to justify why Noredo is still even traveling with this team. Along with Aida, these four are occasionally joined by travel companions who they will inevitably try to kill an episode later for reasons I can't understand. It's a good thing that this show's animation is so fluid, but it's too bad that its plot can be described the same way.
>>
>>14784231
If you've seen Tomino's previous series, Turn A Gundam, you can begin to understand what's going on in Gundam: Reconguista in G. In both shows, humanity has forgotten about that one time they colonized the moon, and now the Mooninites want to come back home. There are smaller connections to other Gundam shows as well, though they are brief. For example, one episode is titled “The Sound of a Newtype,” though the word “Newtype” is never uttered anywhere in the show—so only established Gundam fans, familiar with the terminology, will understand that reference. But even for Tomino fans, it's hard to tell if there's too much going on or simply no basis for the action at all. Don't expect the show's underwhelming conclusion, recut specially for this Blu-Ray release, to shed any light on things either.

Gundam: Reconguista in G is a beautiful, expressive, and great-sounding show unfortunately burdened with a plot that makes no sense. The same way the Star Wars universe is better off now without George Lucas, this might be an indication that it's time for Tomino to step aside. It's undeniable that he's given us a gift, but maybe now it's time to let somebody else direct.
>>
>>14784233
>Grade:
Overall (sub) : C
Story : D
Animation : A
Art : A
Music : A
+ Engaging characters, expressive music and animation, immersive world-building that exudes creativity in every aspect from architecture to battle choreography
− Plot is so nonsensical that it eclipses the enjoyment of everything else
>>
File: every Reco thread ever.jpg (139KB, 956x1000px) Image search: [Google]
every Reco thread ever.jpg
139KB, 956x1000px
>massive wave of butthurt, derision, and damage control in 3....2.....1.....
>>
>>14784257
Sup Lauren! Still trying to convince people that IBO is good.
>>
Thes are people who'll pass on Mjp or Fafner

They are insects.
>>
>it's too hard for me to understand so it's bad
>>
File: literally who.png (282KB, 767x532px) Image search: [Google]
literally who.png
282KB, 767x532px
>>14784275
>Lauren
pic related
>trying to convince people that IBO is good
Never. I liked it, but there's absolutely no point in someone who likes something and someone who doesn't debating over it. Neither side will ever change their opinion because of some random anon on the internet, why even argue about it?
>>
>>14784229
>In stark contrast to this elegance, however, this show's mobile suits are sturdy, stout, and compact,
Fuck the what? Maybe if your basis for comparison is fucking Gothicmade, but otherwise G-Reco MS are hardly bulky at all.
>>
Meh, all I'll say is the most confusing bits of G-Reco are Dellensen's fight being cut up due to animation errors, Lorucca being on both the Full Moon and Crescent ship giving away free MS and Manny's sudden desperation to fight Bellri with Luin.

Other than that when I binge watched the show I found that characters were literally just stating shit right before battles unfolded and most stuff that isn't addressed immediately is explained later like in King Gainer. So I keep wondering how so many people miss details.

6/10.
>>
Now suddenly ANN is relevant.
>>
File: 1470931559656.jpg (84KB, 325x431px) Image search: [Google]
1470931559656.jpg
84KB, 325x431px
>>14784304
>compact
>bulky
>>
>>14784276
>dragging faf into the eternal majestic pissmatch

Here's your (you) you sly festum shit.
>>
>>14784294
Lauren is this reviewer ANN has who tries to present herself as the resident Gundam fan. However, her opinions don't mesh too well with those of the fanbase, making her controversial. For example, she tells people not to watch Stargazer because it's too short and unconnected to either SEED show. Even on ANN's forums people complain about the disconnect between her opinions and those of the fans.

Then you have her perceived bias against anything confusing. 00s1 was confusing to her, and part of why she doesn't recommend the series. Her crowning moment though was this review of a MTG board game, where she essentially said she didn't read the rulebook (it was 20 pages long) and played it while drinking with her friends. Since they couldn't make a go of it, she called it a bad game.

If Lauren reviews anything Gundam, it pretty much invalidates the review in the eyes of a lot of fans. Sad thing is though she gets a lot of the current Gundam stuff and is pressing her opinions upon newcomers.
>>
File: My GM(E) remains unrustled.jpg (78KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
My GM(E) remains unrustled.jpg
78KB, 333x500px
>>14784548
So basically what you're saying is that you're an a regular on some other website and you know all sorts of stuff about that website's staff and you think we are supposed to give a shit about that for some reason.
You basically baited me into asking who you were talking about so you could sperg about some other site, amirite?
And I guess you expected me to be offended by your making a reference to some other person I don't care about on some other site I don't care about.
Great plan.
>>
>>14784548

well, in this case, nothing she said about G-Reco is incorrect
>>
File: 1469737626166.png (319KB, 817x466px) Image search: [Google]
1469737626166.png
319KB, 817x466px
>>14784696
>>
>>14784636
any time ANN is linked to on /m/ is just an excuse to create imaginary innerwebsite drama. Yeah yeah we all know ANN has shit taste, let that stay on their shit site, this thirds just encourage shitposting anyway.
>>
File: 1472877070948.jpg (87KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472877070948.jpg
87KB, 960x720px
>>14784805
>we all know ANN has shit taste
>let that stay on their site
>that's why I'm posting on 4chan to tell you that they have shit taste on their site
>>
File: ANN.png (775KB, 4232x1620px) Image search: [Google]
ANN.png
775KB, 4232x1620px
>>14784805
Maybe we're the ones with shit taste, anon.
>>
>>14784234
Are you still pretending that G-Reco wasn't shit, /m/? That grade is pretty accurate, but I would give the story a C, it was pretty bad but not Valvrave levels of bad.
>>
>>14784852
Sup Lauren
>>
File: 1473122953998.gif (250KB, 170x170px) Image search: [Google]
1473122953998.gif
250KB, 170x170px
>>14784886
>didn't hook the first guy, let me try again
>>
>>14784852
Okouchi's writing is objectively more coherent than Tomino's, fite me kunt.
>>
>>14784913
>IBO: expositioning about everything and anything
>GReco: doesn't hold your hand when viewing, you have to put 2 and 2 together.
both suck in their own right.
>>
File: 1465490055772.jpg (55KB, 389x386px) Image search: [Google]
1465490055772.jpg
55KB, 389x386px
>>14784913
>Okouchi's writing is objectively more coherent than Tomino's,
>>
>>14784893
Excited for S2 Lauren? I hope you give every episode an A just like the first season.
>>
>>14784935
Put your glasses on, you double kisama.
>>
I'd give it the same grade.

Pretty much everything was spot on, but the pacing and story itself didn't ruin any sort of enjoyment from the show.

I'd give it a C+, actually. Maybe even a B-.
>>
>>14784941
He's not wrong though. Tomino says G-Reco takes place after Turn A.
>>
>>14784960
i took that as tomino bullshitting us not actual truth, cause that makes zero sense.
>>
File: G-lucifer_moonbutterfly.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
G-lucifer_moonbutterfly.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>14784960
>>14784965
>Look how stupid I am .
>>
>>14784956
>I'd give it the same grade.
Then you're a fucking idiot
>>
File: no jokes please.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
no jokes please.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>14784983
really? it could be a prototype version of MB or a similar attack. doesn't mean its the literal MB. that one little scene doesn't equal "turn a sequel"
>>
>>14784217
>The confusion that is Gundam: Reconguista in G begins with the name. The word comes from the Spanish reconquista, or “reconquest” in English, but has been altered for a hard “G” sound, as director Yoshiyuki Tomino told NEO magazine. In short, it's a nonsensical, made-up word that still has a basis in reason—a perfect metaphor for the entire show.
From the very first sentence she makes a stupid ass statement. Tomino explained WHY the G and the show is all about the G.
>>
>>14784995
>it could be a prototype version of MB or a similar attack
No you're just stupid
>>
>>14784983
So why does Jaburo show up with intact OYW mobile suits (actually that doesn't make any sense anyways, why would the Feds leave them sitting around indefinitely, and didn't Jaburo get nuked from within anyways?), and why do they constantly talk about the Universal Century and only the Universal Century?
>>
>>14785015
no where in the show does it say "Moonlight Butterfly"
>>
Yet, nobody is joining my theory about the newtypes founding Venus Globe and SU-cordism being the way they found to guide humanity to a peaceful future...
>>
>>14785017
>So why does Jaburo show up with intact OYW mobile suits
Why are their Mobile suits encased inside the Earth in Turn A?
>>
>>14784217
>>14784220
>>14784225
>>14784229
>>14784231
>>14784233
>>14784234
>This show makes no sense
>Doesn't explain why
Every G-Reco hater in a nutshell
>>
>>14784995
The writer/director of both shows saying it's a sequel is what makes it a sequel.
We don't get to vote on it.

Also I'll add in that it's plainly stated in Turn A that the MLB that rekt civilization was 8000 years after the start of the Universal Century (actually they say the UC started about 10,000 years ago and the MLB was 2,000 years ago, but...)
That means FC, AC, AW, CE, AD, and AG all have to happen within the span of about 7700 years (7800 if you don't count G-Saviour). G-Reco coming after Turn A means the "Reguild Century" counts from CC's 1800's (UC 9800) which is stated by Lily Borjarnon as a period of naval warfare (indicating international trade and/or imperialism) and the MLB dusting all of earth's technology could easily explain that whole Kuntala cannibalism thing. It fits. The only thing that doesn't make sense is references to history only mentioning Universal Century and never mentioning After Colony or Future Century calendars, but then again they did the same thing in Turn A and just called everything before the Moonlight Butterfly "Universal Century" (kinda like I just did when I noted that CC1800 was 9800UC) for clarity since they knew the whole history and not just the recent events like the people of AW or CE.

Now that whole "AD" thing in 00 is a whole other debate, as is whether future releases of the Turn A and Turn X gunpla manuals will list PD as part of the Black History or not.
>>
>>14785028
>Encased
So why are mobile suits sitting in the open inside a fuckhuge cave system that's very exposed to the outside world still in one piece? They should be sand.
>>
>>14784995
>It could be a prototype version of MB
They didn't have that. They found the Turn X drifting just inside Pluto's orbit and copied it to make the Turn A.
Unless you wanted to make G-Reco take place before the humans that built the Turn X left the earth-sphere, which could be any time between G and Turn A really (though probably before SEED because Copernicus City means CE is probably closest to CC).
But that doesn't matter since Tomino says Reco is after Turn A and he wrote them both. It's his world.
>>
>>14785044
Why has humanity forgotten that it colonized space a dozen times over but still remember graeco-roman mythology? Every show has names referring to classical myths.
Not to mention the word "Gundam".
Where did all those craters from Gundam X go?
What happened to the space whales?
What happened to the ELS?
Why can people in G kick sniper rifle bullets back at the shooter?
>>
>>14785100
>Ducking this hard
Just admit that Tomino fucked up and his words contradict his own show. Don't try to get me to defend it for you.

It's obvious that G-Reco had some pretty insidious shit going on behind the scenes. Tomino can't keep his story straight (before G-Reco aired, he said it was before CC and after UC), he admitted to picking animators he knew and who he wanted to get paid. The goal behind G-Reco was not to tell the incredible story of Bellri Zenam. It was supposed to be a political message that would rake in the dough.
>>
>>14784935
>GReco: doesn't hold your hand when viewing, you have to put 2 and 2 together.
>both suck in their own right

>we live in a world where people think it's bad for them to have a minimal thought process to watch something
Just end the suffering
>>
>>14785133
>(before G-Reco aired, he said it was before CC and after UC)
Tomino never said that, it was from a pamphlet Sunrise gave away at the pre screening. He even comentated about it being completely wrong.
>>
>>14785140
Then I can eat shit on that point if that's true.
>>
>>14785146
Yep.
He was asked in an interview what happened at the end of UC and he just kind of dismissed it. "I don't know. You'd have to ask UC historians that." The fact that it was after the end of UC was confirmed, but by how far (and whether he was lumping G, Wing, and X in "Universal Century" like Turn A did) was not clear. The only thing he's directly stated about its place was to say that it went after Turn A and to ask the fans that when they make their timelines of Gundam to put it where he said.
>>
>>14785138
>having to rely on fanwank bullshit to fill the truck sized plotholes makes your show """"good""""
>>
>>14785168
But you don't need to fill in anything, you just need to put 2 and 2 together.
>>
>>14785146
>>14785165
Here's a source as well
https://nekketsunikki.wordpress.com/2015/08/27/tomino-said-g-reco-takes-place-around-500-years-after-turn-a/
>>
File: 49342477_p15.png (473KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
49342477_p15.png
473KB, 800x450px
>>14785138
>people think it's bad for them to have a minimal thought process to watch something
I never said that, exposition and making the viewer interpret the show are both shitty. nothing is wrong with a little interpretation from the viewer, in fact I prefer it. but over the top stuff that happens in greco seems weird. from what I saw in greco I was always confused with Bellri's parents. Aida's father was confused about the Bellri/Aida sister/brother thing, yet Bellri's mom knew about the adoption. so is Aida's dad wrong? is bellri actually not related to aida? why no childhood pictures of bellri when Aida had some, Aida's mom looked just like Aida, yet Bellri didn't look like the mom or dad in the aida baby picture

then there is manny was she a kuntala? or was she lying to get closer to Luin? stuff like this. I wouldn't deduct points from the show due to stuff like this but it can be annoying.
>>
>>14785199
>Aida's father was confused about the Bellri/Aida sister/brother thing, yet Bellri's mom knew about the adoption. so is Aida's dad wrong?
Aida's father was confused that Bellri turned out to be her biological brother and that they're both Rayhuntons, that's it. It doesn't contradict what Bellri's mom said.

>is bellri actually not related to aida?
He is, Aida's father was just confused since he didn't have that information when he adopted her.

>why no childhood pictures of bellri when Aida had some
Probably because Cumpa took them both when Bellri was very little, thus he couldn't be in any picture. Rembember, Aida is older than him.

>Aida's mom looked just like Aida
Gee, it's not like she's her mother or anything.

>yet Bellri didn't look like the mom or dad in the aida baby picture
I don't know what you're talking about, he looks exactly like his father.

>then there is manny was she a kuntala?
She wasn't.

>was she lying to get closer to Luin?
Exactly

>I wouldn't deduct points from the show due to stuff like this but it can be annoying.
But this is just stuff you can figure by just paying atention.
>>
>>14784217
HERE WE GO AGAIN ON OUR OWN
DOWN THE ONLY ROAD THAT WE'VE EVER KNOOOWN
>>
File: aida.jpg (95KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
aida.jpg
95KB, 1920x1080px
>>14785405
>he didn't have that information when he adopted her.
why would bellri's mom have the info and not aida's father? if anything it should be the other way around since Bellri's mom works very close to Cumpa. And Aida's father is high up on the political tree so its not like he was a nobody either.
>Probably because Cumpa took them
really, could have?
>when Bellri was very little, thus he couldn't be in any picture. Rembember, Aida is older than him.
we never find out Aida's age, we can only guess. since Bellri is 16 she'd obviously be older. still doesn't change the fact we never see Bellri as a child/baby while we had several for Aida. all we got was two random rayhunton followers calling him prince bellri. god knows if they we telling the truth.
>he looks exactly like his father.
he looks nothing like bellri

>But this is just stuff you can figure by just paying attention.
bull shit. it leaves lots of interpretation up to the viewer. since everyone in GReco is pathological liar.
>>
>>14785459
>why would bellri's mom have the info and not aida's father?
Except Bellri's mom didn't say anything about the Rayhuntons. She knows just as much as Gusion, she just isn't confused.

>really, could have?
Yes, we know that Cumpa took them as part of his plan to instigate war.

>we never find out Aida's age, we can only guess.
Actually we did, Aida is 19 while Bellri is 16. Of course this isn't in the show, but there she refers to him as "little brother", and the fact that Bellri always refers to her as "senpai" lets us know she's older than him.

>still doesn't change the fact we never see Bellri as a child/baby while we had several for Aida. all we got was two random rayhunton followers calling him prince bellri. god knows if they we telling the truth.
The only one you can't really trust is the blonde spy, and yet she wasn't the one who told them the truth. Besides, in the later part of the show Cumpa refers to them as the Rayhunton children that he took.

>he looks nothing like bellri
But he does. Look at his skin and hair colour. They're exactly the same.

>bull shit. it leaves lots of interpretation up to the viewer. since everyone in GReco is pathological liar.
I'm saying all of this and I only watched the show once. It's not that everyone is lying, it's just that you can't put 2 and 2 together.
>>
>>14784217
This is the same site that thinks GBF Try is good.
>>
>>14785494
>She knows just as much as Gusion, she just isn't confused.
so gusion is a retard?
> Of course this isn't in the show
*clapclap
>but there she refers to him as "little brother", and the fact that Bellri always refers to her as "senpai"
and? I can call someone younger than me senpai, they just have to be my senior.
>Look at his skin and hair colour. They're exactly the same.
really? then 90% of anime characters are related to one another because of same hair and skin color. Zeheart and Wolf confirmed Brothers ladies and gentlemen.
>>14785494
>It's not that everyone is lying
lots of characters are lying
>I'm saying all of this and I only watched the show once
bravo want a cookie?
>>
>>14785543
>so gusion is a retard?
No, he's just shocked to hear the truth, that's all.

>and? I can call someone younger than me senpai, they just have to be my senior.
>this isn't true because I say so
Really dude?

>really? then 90% of anime characters are related to one another because of same hair and skin color. Zeheart and Wolf confirmed Brothers ladies and gentlemen.
So you can't even bring a counterargument then.

>lots of characters are lying
And I just said that that isn't the issue here.

>bravo want a cookie?
I want you to stop shitposting.
>>
File: 1450424677066-edit.jpg (105KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1450424677066-edit.jpg
105KB, 1024x768px
>>14785543
>>14785494
>It's a two anons argue each other down to exhaustion over shit episode
How do you guys do this in every greco thread? Dont you get tired? I'm tired.

>>14785543
You're being willfully obtuse about something very common in anime, that being parents and kids either being copy pastes of each other/sharing visual quirks like markings/simply only sharing hair colour. The characters are shown as their birth parents, what more is really needed? An anime birth certificate?

Aida is 19. Bellri is 17, the same age as Kamille in Zeta. Manny and Noredo are 16, Luin is 20, Raraiya is 18. This is in production material, not that it matters since she literally calls him her little brother and Bellri calls her his Onee-san/Nee-san throughout the rest of the show, supplementary material like the Gundam front short and even in Extreme Vs Maxi Boost On videogame, for the record most Gundam protagonists don't have their ages mentioned in the show either. It's nothing special or particularly note worthy. Here's the sheet stating the ages. You can find an unedited version of it in the archive and you can track that to the source.

Gusion's shock isn't that HE doesn't know, it's that Aida shouldn't have since he had no idea what happened in Towasanga and to him, she's changed. She even says that she's sure he already knew that in regards to the whole "being a good big sister to her little brother" line. It's stated that Cumpa left them at an orphanage when he came to earth. His point in coming to Earth was taking the Rose of Hermes blueprints with him, "safeguarding" the Rayhunton kids after their parents were killed was a ruse on his part.

In fact, my question is how does this hinge on the overall plot? Does you not finding them to look alike somehow open gaping plot holes? There are so many other things wrong or unclear with the shows narrative yet you focus on this.

What autistic circle of hell is this board?
>>
File: 1.jpg (386KB, 1364x1532px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
386KB, 1364x1532px
>>14785699
>>14785699
>Gusion's shock isn't that HE doesn't know, it's that Aida shouldn't have since he had no idea what happened in Towasanga and to him, she's changed.
Actually no, I fucked up and just rechecked it. It's that the orphanages history didnt say it. Sage because it's 2AM and I hope this infernal thread dies by Monday.
>>
Flaminia does the DNA test to Bellri and Aida. ANd Bellri and Aida are the only ones with the Rayhunton insignia from G-Self. What other confirmations do you need?
>>
>>14785717
>He doesnt shitpost on the weekend
fuckin normies
>>
>>14785035

Just like everyone who likes it, only the detractors aren't insufferable elitist snobs who venerate a cartoon about giant robots above more legitimate art forms and they sometimes bother to explain themselves.
>>
> also if you want more proof that G reco is pure garbage, look no further then GundamMAHQ ( very cool dudes ) they destroy that anime's story bit by bit and list very good reasons why it sucks.
>>
>>14784217
>directing Turn A Gundam in 2002
Isnt't she supposed to be an expert or something?
>>
>>14784217
Turn A wasn't even made in 2002.
It ended in 2000
Off to a good start.

I thought we just disregarded anything ANN shits out regarding Tomino and Gundam, they have a lot of spotty research, bias, and sometimes misleading/false/unsubstantiated information in their articles.
>>
File: reconguista.png (3MB, 1635x915px) Image search: [Google]
reconguista.png
3MB, 1635x915px
>>14784217
The show even goes over this, it is a reconquista of earth so reconguista. Still has some standard Tomino awkwardness there as you have to link g and gravity but honestly not that hard and I remember some people guessing it before the show aired
>>
>>14784987
Wow, you sure showed me, man.
>>
>>14784311
>I found that characters were literally just stating shit right before battles
But they reasons they would give contradict prior statements, and the writing in the parts of the show I watched never seemed to give a real sense of character motivations. Like, why would Bellri do things or why Noredo had to be such a bitch about stuff. It just had things happen and the characters go along with it.
>>
>>14784233
>The same way the Star Wars universe is better off now without George Lucas

Except its not, it has managed to become even worse. At least with Lucas we got the Clone Wars show.
>>
>>14784217
I never really got what was going on with his eyes and the mask
It has four eyes and none match the position of his actual ones
>>
File: kuntala.png (1MB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
kuntala.png
1MB, 1152x648px
>>14785405
>>14785199
>or was she lying to get closer to Luin?
That is just something an autismo in the general made up one time. The only basis it had was people saying this scene can be taken as she is lying, which is a stretch even for greco when something like she is nervous is much more likely. After this there is nothing that can be seen as an implication she lied
>>
>make Turn-A
>a show well known for its whimsy and slow pacing
>give sequel a frantic pace and serious tone

What was Tomino thinking
>>
>>14784960
>He's not wrong though. Tomino says G-Reco takes place after Turn A.

Yes so?
>>
>>14784225
>SEED designs
>Elegance
From the thousand gundams that show produced i can count elegant MS on one hand and most of them arent from the main series.
>>
>>14785955
I found Reco whimsy as well. However it has a lot of pacing issues. I get the events and actions of the characters but they would be a lot better with dialing the speed down a little and creating more build-up. It really felt like he crammed a story of 50 episodes into half the length.
>>
File: style and grace.jpg (424KB, 1600x1092px) Image search: [Google]
style and grace.jpg
424KB, 1600x1092px
>>14784225
>however, this show's mobile suits are sturdy, stout, and compact
What? Maybe a few, but the majority are quite slim (but not overly) and a bit extravagant. A lot of greco has this enlightenment period vibe where stuff is elegant but also sort of gaudy, calling it sturdy, stout, and compact makes it sound very militaristic

> lacking the grace of other Gundam models like those from Gundam Seed,
This is grace apparently
>>
>>14785947
Like when
>>
File: 1448441036461.jpg (36KB, 338x311px) Image search: [Google]
1448441036461.jpg
36KB, 338x311px
>>14784231
>He's a modern hero for the harem age—more everyman male avatar than personality.
>>
>>14785750
>Just like everyone who likes it
Nope you actually see why they like it. Its easy to dismiss something for being too foreign to you are hard to understand as "bad" just through sheer ignorance and it actually takes some credit to detail why its bad but they never bother.
>>
>>14786266
Ignore him. Let the shitposters argue amongst themselves.
>>
SUFFER LIKE G!
OH YOU KILLED MY BOYFRIEND THANKS BRO
LOST FISH INDUCING MEMORIES
>>
>>14784805
>Everytime ANN is linked to anywhere*
Fixed that for you, they're probably starting the thread themselves for hits.
>>
>>14786266

>durr, you don't like what I like, therefore you're an idiot

Oh, fuck off and lynch yourself, you pompous ass.
>>
>>14784311
>Dellensen's fight being cut up due to animation errors
This part really pisses me off as the rest of the episode is pretty damn nice.
>>
>>14784935
>you have to put 2 and 2 together
>suck
Surely you can find used half brains in garage sales. It should help you a bit.
>>
>>14784851
> 00 S2 and AWOT better than 0079
Nah i don't think so
>>
>>14784851
Looks like Zeta and Turn A fags need to fuck off to ANN
>>
>>14785412
LIKE A DRIFTER WE WERE BORN TO WALK ALONE
>>
File: rvgfBMA.jpg (87KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
rvgfBMA.jpg
87KB, 1366x768px
So have any of you tried out tomino-speak? i.e. shouting random things when no one is there to hear you, like when you're pooping in the toilet.
>>
>>14786994
I never said anything in regards to whether you like it or not just explain your reasoning without the rudimentary "______is shit"
>>
File: gay priest incoming.png (93KB, 144x332px) Image search: [Google]
gay priest incoming.png
93KB, 144x332px
>>14787141
>>
File: image001-754771.png (13KB, 312x169px) Image search: [Google]
image001-754771.png
13KB, 312x169px
>>14787234
>never said anything in regards to whether you like it or not
That's only because there is no such thing as not liking G-Reco. You either love it or you're a drooling idiot (according to /m/, anyway).
And you literally did say that you either like it or you don't understand it.
>everyone who likes it
>you actually see why they like it
vs
>it's eas to dismiss something ... as bad
>being too foreign to you
>hard to understand
> just through sheer ignorance

You are literally saying that people who like it are able to appreciate it and people who don't like it are not capable of understanding it. You are abjectly unable to conceive of the possibility of someone else reaching a different conclusion or opinion from yours for any reason other than stupidity.
You demand that anyone who doesn't share your opinion to try and prove their opinion as if you are the Supreme Arbiter of Opinion Legitimacy And you will never let go of this because you have convinced yourself that your opinion is somehow evidence of your mental superiority and you're sucking self-esteem from arguing with people about maori coloring books.
>>
>>14784805
I feel like it's less inter-website drama, more a way for /m/ to jerk itself off by perceiving itself as the superior taste group.

Even though we've elevated our share of shite as well.

Really, a good chunk of the shit I see people whine about with ANN we're guilty of here.
The big difference being we're not getting sent shit by the companies for our efforts.
>>
>>14784851
Lol reco is the most unfavorable even beating destiny lmao
>>
>>14787415
>You are literally saying that people who like it are able to appreciate it and people who don't like it are not capable of understanding it.
And he's not wrong especially from reading this review.
>>
>>14787415
>And you literally did say that you either like it or you don't understand it.
Where? I just stated through observation that the people who like it actually go about explaining why they think its good versus the people who hate it who don't even bother giving an explanation. I really don't give a shit otherwise but you're just proving my point.
>>
I love how G-reco makes dumb people realize how dumb they are.
>>
>>14787536
>explaining why they think its good
lol good joke, comrade.
People who like Reco do no such thing, they only insult people who don't like it.
>>
File: 1378810613277.gif (237KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1378810613277.gif
237KB, 500x281px
>>14785405
>Gee, it's not like she's her mother or anything
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.