[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you fucking loved IBO but you know S2 will be shit Seriously,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 21

File: gundam_ibo_stream[1].jpg (258KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gundam_ibo_stream[1].jpg
258KB, 1280x720px
>tfw you fucking loved IBO but you know S2 will be shit
Seriously, does anyone expect it to be good?
>>
Maybe we will be able to have nice things in the future

Only time will tell
>>
File: Leorio gasp.gif (874KB, 365x273px) Image search: [Google]
Leorio gasp.gif
874KB, 365x273px
>loved IBO s1
literally how? and I doubt s2 can suck more than s1, there would have to be only 3 mech fights in s2 to even compete.
>>
>>14774679
I like to think that the first season was only as slow and safe as it was because they were unsure about getting a second season or something. So hopefully they'll take more risks in the second season.
Then again we have 00 S2 as a precedent.
>>
Ibo sucked
>>
>tfw you didn't even watch IBO but still say it sucks and defend G-Reco which you also didn't see
>>
File: 18484787.jpg (154KB, 1200x801px) Image search: [Google]
18484787.jpg
154KB, 1200x801px
No idea, terrible experiences with second seasons don’t give me high expectations, IBO wasn’t the best thing ever, it had many problems, but maybe now that most of the cast and factions are established they can do something better, I really hope this season doesn’t involve Kudelia finding her purpose again
>>
>>14774770
I was thinking about this. I remember when the animation director's left there was an exchange like this

> What about season 2?
> What season 2?

And Okada said director Nagai rejected her darker ending and said the show had to end on a happy note.

I think that at the time, it looked like there wasn't going to be a second season. Season 2 was only greenlit on at the last minute or something.

Either that or after the controversy of episode 3, they panicked and toned down the show.
>>
>>14774804
Nagai and producers probably panicked and toned down the show.

That scene in episode 3 gave me really high hopes for the series and season 1 as a whole and the themes it'd explore (especially coming off those first two episodes) that sadly didn't get delivered on.

I was kind of hoping for a dark, depressing, gundam series about morally fucking dead child soldiers being sociopaths.
>>
File: kudeass.png (344KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kudeass.png
344KB, 1280x720px
>>14774679
Showing more kudelia ass
>>
>>14774679
IIRC people said the same thing about 00 and its second season wasn't bad.
Just give it a chance.
>>
>>14774804
>>14774826
>episode 3
They got censured by their sponsors for Mika killing prisoners.
(no, not censored, censured, look it up)
It's really not surprising they eased up in light of the possibility of having the show pulled due to content. Ulitmately, though, it did still end on more of a downer. The casualties were pretty high even if only one of them was called by name, and the kids joking about who was going to have to tell Cookie and Cracker about Biscuit was fairly dark if you think about it. They're literally making jokes about the fact that he died and his two little sisters will be devastated when they find out. It gets worse when you think about the fact that they stated earlier that the old woman wouldn't be able to make ends meet without Biscuit's salary and that BIscuit was the girls' only hope of getting a proper education and a decent life. All of that went to shit when Carta killed him, but they're laughing about who has to tell these little girls that their future has been ruined.

Not to mention you just KNOW that Makanai and Mr McMurder are going to be antagonists in s2, making the success of Tekkadan's first job a very hollow victory.
>>
>>14774679
IBO is shit since S1.
>>
>>14774841
>00 second season not bad

We must have seen two different second seasons.
>>
>>14774679
>>tfw you fucking loved IBO but you know S2 will be shit
>Seriously, does anyone expect it to be good?
It seems that you already like shit, so it won't be much different from what you want.
>>
I dropped IBO season 1 at final when they showed deathly amount of blood splatter only to reveal next episode it was just a flesh wound, ketchup splitting and they're all fine.

I still have my first edition HG Barbatos untouched. Maybe If i watch season 2 ill change my mind and build it, or maybe I'll just hate it even more.
Save for Grazes, its medieval-ish mecha settling is kinda good
>>
I hope we actually get robot fights this time
>>
>>14774878
Yeah, that scene at the ending was pretty decent.

I think that the show does a pretty good job of depicting the kids of Tekkadan as mostly sociopathic little shits (can't blame them, really, given that they've been treated as expendable by their employer their whole lives) that thought Mikazuki's killing sprees were "cool," not really understanding the broader implications of what happens when you bash the cockpit of another mech in with a giant spiked piece of metal.

I dunno, shooting people begging for their lives and forgiveness was pretty cold still, though, was hoping the show'd deliver more of that.

Not so much for edge factor, it's just a nice counter-point to the typical peace-loving Gundam protag to see one that doesn't necessarily seem to understand what he's doing, or even make those kinds of calculations whatsoever.

Maybe crisis of conscience will be a thing at some point in S2 to balance things out? Could be interesting for character development, which for all its focus on character relationships, S1 didn't deliver on very well, either.

More mecha battles needs to be a thing as well, obviously. Maybe with the "maiden of peace" arc taken care of we'll get space mafia shenanigans - so long as they don't spend too much screen time on the backroom negotiations between McMurda and Makanai it could be salvaged.

Though I have a feeling that, again, a lot of stuff will be cut either by Nagai or by the sponsors saying "yo, we don't feel comfortable about advertising during this shit." Maybe now that they know what they can and can't get away with things'll have a bit more direction moving forward.

I think that's the problem with IBO, from what I see a lot of people didn't hate the show, but there is a universal feeling that there was a lot of squandered opportunity in season 1, I definitely tend to agree with that. IBO could be a really good show if writers and directors get their shit together.
>>
>>14775235
2nd Season Plot is Mcgillis finally taking over Gjallarhorn while trying to eliminate Tekkadan
>>
Im expecting Hitler will rise. He has own company and enterprise gave by Mcgillis.
>>
>>14775290
the best part will be McGillis piloting the Gundam Kimaris Vidar for Gaelio's revenge
>>
File: itfeltgood[USERNAME].png (647KB, 640x630px) Image search: [Google]
itfeltgood[USERNAME].png
647KB, 640x630px
>>14774679
Yeah. Pretty easily in fact

I mean, I can easily look back at Season 1 and find I didn't sperg out nearly as hard as I did with
>Zero Time Dilemma
>Dangan Ronpa 3
>Macross Delta
>Those Akito Code Geass OVAs
>Bleach
>Dragonball Super

I think I can trust it pretty well to not let me the fuck down unlike nearlybecause LOGOS was satisfying and Digimon is going pretty well literally everything else i've been seeing
>>
File: kamiyu.png (93KB, 289x294px) Image search: [Google]
kamiyu.png
93KB, 289x294px
>>14774826
>I was kind of hoping for a dark, depressing, gundam series about morally fucking dead child soldiers being sociopaths.
But we already got that.
>>
>>14774765
>>14774772
>>14774775
>>14774887
>>14774921
You're all fitting right in, welcome aboard :3
>>
>>14774775
this is literally me
>>
>tfw you enjoy the kamina/simon relationship between orga and mika
>tfw only watching it because it's real robot version of gurren lagann
>>
File: Vagina bones.jpg (70KB, 540x516px) Image search: [Google]
Vagina bones.jpg
70KB, 540x516px
>>14774836
She has a pretty good midriff.
>>
File: 1473964375915.gif (1MB, 1008x567px) Image search: [Google]
1473964375915.gif
1MB, 1008x567px
Turning off circle jerk mode for a second. IBO season 1 had its moments that were good and watching it week to week was fun. I do have hope that season 2 will be good and IBO will be more of a ZZ than a 00
>>
File: 1438288250570.jpg (24KB, 302x216px) Image search: [Google]
1438288250570.jpg
24KB, 302x216px
I think I will watch S2 with /a/ instead of /m/ this time.

I really don't want to miss the Hibikek and KyoAni vs. Shaft threads.
>>
>>14775488
>IBO season 1 had its moments that were good
No it didn't. It really legitimately had nothing going for it between the increasingly more noticable QUALITY of its animation after episode 3, haphazard pacing, and large middle run where explicitly nothing happens or the half-assed melodrama like with the Brewers arc on "human debris", not-Gutts forced brother, the totally not-oblivious death of his younger brother, or the nonsensically boring and incompetent antics of Carta and the rest of Gjallarhorn.

The show was bad.
>>
File: 1363894531428.png (368KB, 720x408px) Image search: [Google]
1363894531428.png
368KB, 720x408px
>>14775488
>IBO season 1 had its moments that were good
>and watching it week to week was fun
>>
>>14775488
I thought the first three episodes where great.
i don't remember enjoying any part of the show after that.
>>
>>14775450
I want to lick her navel extremely badly.
>>
>>14775332
newtypes are literally autistic, though, and Amuro at least did do some whining about killing people but quickly snaps out of it, lel.
>>
>>14775488
>watching it week to week was fun
Is this a joke? We went months without anything of note happening in the show, it was dull as fuck. The few episodes of Thunderbolt we got in between were more exciting
>>
https://karice.wordpress.com/2016/05/15/p507/
>I also wanted to ask: what has your own experience with Gundam been up till now?
>Okada: I saw bits and pieces of the original Mobile Suit Gundam when it was rebroadcast on TV when I was a kid, but otherwise, I’ve only come to it as an adult. Chasing after Director Tomino (Yoshiyuki)’s Z Gundam (1985) and ZZ Gundam (1986)… Oh, G Gundam (1994) is the only one that I saw as it was airing. Just watching the opening animation gave me the feeling that “Something incredible has began”—it was a huge shock to my system (laughs).
>Like, “The Earth is the (Boxing) Ring”…
>Okada: And it was really cool. But in the end, the image of “The First Gundam” is the strongest. I watched it again when I’d become a creator myself, and I just wanted to be involved in creating something like that. That’s how amazing it was. The battle scenes, too, but most of all, the way that the characters came across on the screen gave me goosebumps. Like, it really felts like they were alive on the screen. Many things have been said about them, but that’s precisely why (I loved them).
>>
File: 1470608754697.jpg (78KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1470608754697.jpg
78KB, 640x480px
>>14775450
>Those hips
>>14775488
I thought the first and last arcs were at least somewhat fun to watch, for better or for worse. There was at least melodrama and fights then to keep me interested. The middle was unforgivably uneventful though. Aside from some moments like the re-entry and Mika beating the Gusion with the ED playing.
Hopefully the second season can handle some consistency.
>>
Mika should stop following Orga words like a slave and developed his own freedom.
>>
File: 1454229583261.jpg (330KB, 1920x2127px) Image search: [Google]
1454229583261.jpg
330KB, 1920x2127px
>>14775450
>>14775604
>>14778062
>>
File: mcgillis is the Vidar pilot.jpg (89KB, 679x439px) Image search: [Google]
mcgillis is the Vidar pilot.jpg
89KB, 679x439px
>>
>>14774679
Yes
>>
>>14774679
But S1 was shit already so there's no reason you shouldn't enjoy S2.
>>
I was genuinely excited at the start of S1. The Barbatos reveal online; the shirtless PVs; the Calamity War; the Grazes being shown as a real, actual threat; Barbatos charging in as the OP comes on; the Crank battle; the brutality and first lead-in to ORPHANS NAMIDA; the autism hinting at darker themes to be explored...

Really it comes down to the show ignoring what it could have done. There was so much wasted potential replaced with literally nothing for anyone to keep caring. If they capitalize on these things during S2 I can forgive the show and call it mediocre/average overall instead of a pure waste of time. The mecha designs are not giving me hope for a curse-breaking improvement for a Sunrise S2, though, so I'm buckling in for a season of despair and secretly hoping it can surpass my rock-bottom expectations.
>>
File: 143566343744.png (119KB, 360x600px) Image search: [Google]
143566343744.png
119KB, 360x600px
>>
>>14778278
It's a shame most of the good doujins aren't even translated. That's literally the greatest point of IBO.
>>
>>14775432
people say this purely based on their designs. their relationship isn't anything like that. I think half of the people who bitch about IBO must not watch the show, not because it doesn't have problems, but because they're bitching about the wrong shit.
>>
>>14781165
In a way, Orga/Mika was like a dark inversion of Kamina/Simon.

Kamina was useless on his own, but constantly encouraged the kid who had the power to make things work. He pushed Simon forward, helping him lear to throw aside his insecurities and do the impossible. Simon developed into a leader and fighter due to Kamina's influence on him.

In IBO, Mika is the Kamina. Not Orga, Mikazuki. Mika is the one pushing Orga to do dangerous things,mostly high risk/high reward, and Orga is stuck trying to live up to Mika's expectations. Mika's influence enables Orga to act be the leader he is while Mika does all the fighting. Because of the manlet, the boss ended up throwing his "family" into the meatgrinder that was Edmonton in the name of revenge. But ultimately, Mika is useless without Orga because he lacks direction of his own. Mika can't become a farmer without Orga showing him the way.

Kamina/Simon is a positive example of people reinforcing each other to reach new heights. Mikazuki/Orga is a negative example, where they instead go to new extremes.
>>
Nothing can be totally flawless (no part of Gundam is even close) but the way Gundam "fans" will pretzel themselves into hating something over whatever they can latch onto is astounding.
>>
>>14781218
Thats better. Personally I don't think they really fall into the sempai/kohai mold either way, but that at least required some thought.
>>
>>14781218
>In a way, Orga/Mika was like a dark inversion of Kamina/Simon.
I would have went with "evil versions"
>>
>>14774770
I actually liked 00 S2. I don't know why, but I enjoyed it because there was decent character development from Setsuna and a few arcs got resolved from S1. The kids singing though was pretty annoying.
>>
>>14781307
Good and evil don't exist in warfare, anon.
>>
File: heart pounding action.jpg (165KB, 727x440px) Image search: [Google]
heart pounding action.jpg
165KB, 727x440px
>people only remember the end of IBO

you can skip like 80% of that show and not miss anything important
>>
>>14781375
how about cartoons
>>
File: Gusion_Gyoubu.jpg (77KB, 600x804px) Image search: [Google]
Gusion_Gyoubu.jpg
77KB, 600x804px
>>14781382
But if you skip most of the show you miss out on cute frog gundam and its little brothers.
>>
>>14781436

you can fit most of the action sequences from that episode into about 30 seconds
>>
>>14781439
Yeah, and you can fit the action sequences of the whole first into 5 minutes, probably.

I like getting a bit more characterization than old (mostly 0079) gundams, but IBO didn't do anything so far as "development" of characters goes, the only person who gets any real character development doesn't do any fighting in the entire god damn show (Kudelia).

It was just handled sloppily and we miss out on cool robot fights as a result of the writers sort of wandering around aimlessly with most every episode just revolving around WORDS WORDS WORDS.
>>
>>14781375
evil does exist in warfare, there is no gray in murdering unarmed drugged up people
>>
>>14781457
whole first season*, sorry, had a brainfart.

Would delete and edit, but this is just faster, sorry /m/
>>
>>14781457

don't forget the show reminding you there are robots that could be doing something interesting by slowly panning over the suits in the hangar for 1-2 minutes
>>
>>14781463
if the unarmed, drugged-up, people had made a living using children as expendable wage-slaves to do the dangerous jobs for them, I'd say that there is some grey area involved.

Even if they had stood trial and got death sentences by lethal injection, they're still unarmed. I don't see any point trying to moralize treatment of people who were clearly amoral at best.
>>
File: 1457448756186.png (115KB, 357x438px) Image search: [Google]
1457448756186.png
115KB, 357x438px
>>14781218
It was really fun how their relationship evolved, at first everyone was thinking Orga was simply using Mika, then suddenly surprise Orga is extremely afraid of Mika, no wonder he said Mika eyes are always in his back, he literally shit his pants when Mika demanded him to give him orders until he manages to build enough courage to keep playing the cool dude act.
>>
>>14781463
That would constitute a war crime there, but since it wasn't a war situation it was just murder.
>>
>>14781494
>if the unarmed, drugged-up, people had made a living using children as expendable wage-slaves to do the dangerous jobs for them, I'd say that there is some grey area involved.
Except there is none.
>>14781521
This on the other hand is true, what Mika the murderer did was evil no matter what the situation.
>>
>>14781518
This is something I actually really liked about S1. MIka was pretty fucking boring for the most part, but at least there's potential there for an interesting dynamic between him and Orga in S2. Hopefully they capitalize on it.
>>
>>14781494
>Even if they had stood trial and got death sentences by lethal injection, they're still unarmed. I don't see any point trying to moralize treatment of people who were clearly amoral at best.
And their horrible crime was trying to survive a battle, especially considering his troops had higher authority and more experience, allowing them to maintain order for a longer period of time, you are aware of military tactics, right anon? Besides, if he died then in combat they would have likely lost morale sooner and increase the chances of losing.
>>
>>14781494
>unarmed
>drugged
>military superior and NOT of the enemy faction
>did nothing wrong
>Mika later attempts to murder someone over an accident

Mika and the space rats are evil, at this point it's up to Toonami fans to come to their senses and call out Bandai and the sheeple at places like Anime Suki and ANN.
>>
>>14781597
How?
>>
>>14781603
/co/ is admitting IBO is trash and they side with us sort of. As for forums like those, it.... can be done, but two things are needed: Organization and numbers.
>>
>>14781609
>dude raid lmao
Also being associated with /co/ is worse than death.
>>
>>14781619
No raid required, rather just get about 10-15 people and make civil/sophisticated arguments about how bad IBO is.
>>
>>14781494
>I don't see any point trying to moralize treatment of people who were clearly amoral at best.
So, what's your views on prison? Should guards be able to beat the crap or kill the guys they think deserve it the most?
>>
>>14774804
>rejected her darker ending

Realize nearly all season 1 shows of Sunrise productions (If you add in Valvrave, which is kinda like it in spirit) all have dark endings.

From the top of my head, the ending of OO S1 and Geass S1 were these, and S2s had to start from scratch and they went the way of the shitshow going downhill.
>>
>>14781622
Does it matter if they like it or not, though? It's not like their opinions on it will impact Sunrise's decisions. They only care about kit sales and Japanese reception in the end.
>>
>>14775235
>Though I have a feeling that, again, a lot of stuff will be cut either by Nagai or by the sponsors saying "yo, we don't feel comfortable about advertising during this shit." Maybe now that they know what they can and can't get away with things'll have a bit more direction moving forward.

In Japan, parents' associations have a lot of clout over tv shows airing in kid timeslots, seriously. That's one more thing to consider.
>>
>>14781622

Not this shit again. If they were to see these comments, they would use them to dismiss all criticisms about the show, Tekkadan or Mikazuki as an organized trolling effort. We gain nothing and lose the time we could have spent doing anything else. It gives them an excuse to block critics out.

Not to mention, these guys think Mikazuki is a totally rad badass who does what he has to. He's like the 90's action hero of Gundam, and the show sets things up so people side with him without thinking the implications through. It's like Kira all over again.
>>
>>14781644
>It's not like their opinions on it will impact Sunrise's decisions.
People said that about idol and slice of life anime, guess which one modern anime fans fap over.
>>
>>14781657
>We gain nothing and lose the time we could have spent doing anything else.
Wait, we do stuff with our times?
>>
>>14781684
You mean the ones that the Japanese fans buy tons of merchandise for? Guess who influenced it the most. Western fans hardly have any say in the anime industry.
>>
>>14781633
>projection
We're talking about a very specific case here, there wasn't exactly a viable higher authority on Mars to mete out punishment to CGS higherups other than Gjallarhorn, whom was assumedly permitting the use of children as wage-slaves to begin with.

Allow me to project right back: should the children of the Lord's Resistance Army keep their heads in the dirt if an obvious opportunity to overthrow their captor presents itself? He is their military superior and important to keeping order, giving them a higher chance of survival, after all.
>>
>>14781657
>If they were to see these comments, they would use them to dismiss all criticisms about the show, Tekkadan or Mikazuki as an organized trolling effort. We gain nothing and lose the time we could have spent doing anything else. It gives them an excuse to block critics out.
Which makes them look bad, which proves of their own volition they are not willing to have differing opinions, which erodes their reputation, which eventually causes the community to be unreliable and bias. By thinking they can stop a big blow to the wall, the wall misses many cracks that eventually brings it down. Allowing the different opinions abound makes all sides look good, become educated, and makes the communities better.
>>
>>14781657
>Not to mention, these guys think Mikazuki is a totally rad badass who does what he has to. He's like the 90's action hero of Gundam, and the show sets things up so people side with him without thinking the implications through. It's like Kira all over again.
They need to be taught
>>
File: CtfF0SkUMAAarsf.jpg orig.jpg (600KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
CtfF0SkUMAAarsf.jpg orig.jpg
600KB, 1536x2048px
Engrish manuals with missing text sections!
>>
>>14781727
MAKE ANN GREAT AGAIN

Although how could this be done? Say you get the proper amount of people on these boards and get them hyped enough, then what?
>>
I see the anti-IBO autist is wound up over people not siding with his echo chamber again.
>>
>>14781803

>autist, singular

you have no evidence to support your claim, and there is quite a bit against it
>>
>>14781805
Maybe if you weren't such an autistic fuck you could infer that the rest of the drones who """"agree"""" with you constitute the echo chamber.

Wait that would require you to be able to actually infer details rather than shoot your mouth off about shit like the mouth breather you are.
>>
File: 1472367027565.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472367027565.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
>>14781782
>best Barbatos weapon
>only gets used once or twice

ishygddt

I hope S2 brings back the "costanza" loadout.
>>
>>14781828
I think the best is the 5th Form myself. The armguards and guns really improve the 4th form, while I like the added height of the new feet. The stuff added to make the 6th Form make it look too bulky.

At least, that's it for my Gunpla. I'm usually swapping it between first and fifth. I'm not really big on the Lupis aside from it's head and weapon. It also kinda pisses me off that in the HG PV, those arm cannons are show but we all know they're sold separately. Fuck that.
>>
>>14781812
>all this whining
>>
>>14781846
Yeah, I wasn't the biggest fan of the extra armor on 6th form either (or that stupid monkey-wrench of a "mace") but for plot reasons I guess I understand why it was done.

That shit had to be shed off during the fight anyway.
>>
>>14781787
I know I am going to cring typing this cause I don't want to mention that nut, but copy what Duel did: Nitpick, use big words, don't insult directly, never apologize, only bring up technical parts, get pessimistic (normies think critics are more intellectual when they are negative), compare it to other entries and see how they did it "good", and throw around your /m/ credentials. His main problem was that he was one man (among many MANY other things), but if you get a dozen plus guys like him bringing shit up every week? The paradigm shifts.
>>
>>14781917
>talking about him in a good light
Bad anon, no dog treat for you. But this is correct, have you shared his antics with normies? I have, they side with him for some reason.
>>
>>14781787
I still think there is one bigass problem here.

No one gives a shit about IBO.

I mean, it has it's fans but look how small it's communities are. Not getting anywhere near the discussion even a show like Aldnoah got, nor is it spreading out like the usual big anime do. It's always just a few people going on and on about the show, and due to it's size it's easier to block others out. To the general anime circles, it's a niche show that gets a lot of promotion due to it being part of a longstanding franchise.

Granted, if we get enough guys we can force them into being the minority.
>>
>>14781926
>they side with him for some reason
I can think of a few reasons:

-underdog (1 vs many)
-very anti-establishment
-can't say he plagiarized so it gives a sense of honesty
-internet stereotypes of message boards being filled with out of touch people
-use of sophisticated language against colloquialism
-can bring out the worst in people to make them look bad
-victims of cyberbullying and massive trolling can relate to him

You frame a situation correctly and people will follow. Have you talked to normies?
>>
>>14781964
>Not getting anywhere near the discussion even a show like Aldnoah got
Have you been to anime boards in the past year?
>>
>>14781917
>copy what Duel did:
Not only that, but he left many IBO flaws around his ANN posts in eloquent detail, they can be built upon
>>
>>14781964
Try reading discussion boards other than /m/ sometime.

The reason it's not discussed here is the same as G-Reco, I'd say. Can't get anywhere without shitposters coming in to regurgitate tired old arguments as if they can change the opinions of people that have already decided they like something.

Not that it's localized to G-Reco and IBO. I'd say it goes for most every series, there are even people that think Evangelion is a load of shit, and I'm sort of among that group although I don't sperg out any time I see people talking about it.

Honestly, I think Evangelion could have been 10/10 given proper funding and a director that was able to properly finish projects he starts without having to result to a series of films to tie up loose ends years later.
>>
I remember watching the first season of IBO/Tekketsu with /m/ and after the first three episodes the show just got more boring and snowballed downwards from there. Especially Kudelia whose literally incapable of doing anything throughout the story and her constant flipflopping.
>>
>>14774679
I dunno. If you somehow managed to LOVE season 1, I think you'll be right for season 2.
>>
>>14782005
Rebuilds are not to tie up loose ends. If you're talking about Death/Rebirth/End of, then those are totally optional to the story.
>>
>>14782085
the original ending of eva is so bad that id say the end of evangelion probably isnt that optional. i meam. its half the reason the movie exists.
>>
>>14781782
which text is missing?
>>
>>14782085
What this anon said basically:
>>14782090
Yeah, it's not tying up loose ends so much as rewriting and supplementing what was originally kind of bad.

I haven't even seen the Rebuilds yet, honestly. Just End, Death, and Rebirth.
>>
>>14782125
I wouldn't call he original ending bad. It could have tied up loose ends better but the series was always about the characters, not the angel battles.
>>
>>14782127
>about the characters, not the angel battles
This is really what I was hoping IBO would do but it just falls flat, really.

Like I said way way up there, only Kudelia really gets any development, the rest are static characters throughout.

Anno did character development much better than IBO, I'll give him that.
>>
>>14782125
rebuilds are heavily implied to be sequals. 1.11 you can skip. 2.22 is alright. 3.33 is a point of contention but i like it because it is the first one that is actually different from the og series.
>>
>>14782151
addendum:

Atra as well, she kind of went from beta orbiter bitch to getting directly involved in the action at the very end, but that's the only change she goes through.

Pretty much all the male characters are the same in the finale as they are in the premiere.
>>
>>14782158
2.22 had lots of changes from the series, just not completely going crazy with it like 3.33.
>>
>>14782112
they only translated the first period of each jap entry, the main description is also abridged

>cheap fucks
>>
>>14782167
2.22 does a lot of the order of thing different, but the main point is lel shinji causes an impact and for all effective puposes loses rei which is the exact same as end of evangelion. the only thing thats different really is that people didnt turn into jelly
>>
File: 10402292a3.jpg (186KB, 950x808px) Image search: [Google]
10402292a3.jpg
186KB, 950x808px
Hephaistos is the name of the pirates that will attack Tekkadan in the 1st episode

>love early spoilers
>>
File: 55026095_p0.jpg (249KB, 900x582px) Image search: [Google]
55026095_p0.jpg
249KB, 900x582px
>>14782189
Lest hope they are better space pirates than the brewers, last thing we need is another small army of jobbers
>>
>>14782219
they will be dealt with in the first episodes, maybe McGillis was behind the attack

Then it's time to go to Earth again, to protect the Earth branch?
>>
>>14782189
>they gave Gusion Rebake a pair of maracas

10/10 I kek'd
>>
>>14782228
Calling it, McGillis is going to try and cause wars to spread so that Gjallahorn can swoop in to save the day. Also, tries to turn the public against Kudelia's supposed knights.
>>
>>14782243
S2 plot is McGillis finally taking over Gjalarhorn while trying to eliminate Tekkadan/Teiwaz/whoever can challenge him
>>
>>14782189
>The 200mm cannons can be handheld by the barrels and used as beatsticks.

Absolutely baller.
>>
>>14782297
So wait, Mika is just going to grab his guns by the barrel and start wacking his opponents with them? How many ways, realistically speaking, is this a bad design choice.
>>
>>14782316
I mean, you have to assume grabbing the guns with huge gundam hands made out of assumedly harder metal, gripping down on the barrels or whatever, is going to warp the fucking barrels to the point that they're useless for firing out of.

Warping them even a little would do this.

At least gundams aren't bound by real physics and have magic metal composing every last component.
>>
>>14782297
the translation is wrong, it just means it can be used at close range since it's fixed on the arms leaving the hands free
>>
>>14782333
Awww. Was really hoping for some ridiculous shenanigans
>>
>>14775327
Man, you sound so damn uptight.

Other than Bleach, since there I can understand you since that that really did suck.

For instance, Super is unnecessary but it's totally in line with all of DBZ.
Thread posts: 123
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.