[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Talk about shows you're currently watching or recently completed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 29

Talk about shows you're currently watching or recently completed that don't have a thread.
>>
Haven't watched anime in a month due to moving; I did finish Kamen Rider Ghost and Neo Ultra Q recently and both are better than I expected.
>>
>>14773257
How is Neo Ultra Q?
>>
Finished Gun x Sword about a week ago. What a fun fucking show that was. Dann was a great design but Vulkein was my favorite mech.
>>
Finished the 2004 Tetsujin 28 anime about a mouth ago it's was pretty good
>>
File: space-adventure-cobra.jpg (159KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
space-adventure-cobra.jpg
159KB, 1280x720px
Can we talk about how cool Cobra is?
>>
File: Genji_Tsuushin_Agedama_1.jpg (42KB, 384x365px) Image search: [Google]
Genji_Tsuushin_Agedama_1.jpg
42KB, 384x365px
>>14773251
I've been watching Genji Tsuushin Agedama, a mecha gag show from the very early 90s that owes a lot to Time Bokan. The main character is an human like alien who has come here to learn to be a hero as part of his hero training. He has a talking Word Processor robot (named Wopro) that transforms into his battle suit when cards that strongly resemble old word processor program cards are inserted. On the first day of school, he immediately gets a crush on a girl in his class voiced by Mitsuishi Kotono (Sailor Moon) and at the same time pisses off the local spoiled little rich girl (who is basically one of the Doronjo/Majo Time Bokan villains) who gets a monster creating machine and battle suit (like B-ko Daitokuji) and tries to destroy him every episode, failing horribly.

The final boss is voiced by Paptimus Scirocco, and there's a retarded Dragon Ball Z aerial battle that also has NewType funnels BECAUSE WHY NOT? Also, because Sailor Moon started airing near the end of Agedama, they gave the girl with her voice a near frame for frame parody battle suit transformation sequence.

There's also boobs, legs, and panties, with various jokes about such, so it's occasionally lewd, lots of puns, and lots of slapstick. It's really quite good.
>>
started watching Gundam 00 after dropping Wing. gundam thrones are fagets.
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 225x334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 225x334px
i absolutely love it desu.
>>
Just finished up Unicorn Re:0096 last week (yeah, yeah, I know, super-late to the party). It was my first experience with the story, having never seen the OVAs before. I'm betting my opinions are pretty vanilla.

Pros:
>cool-ass mech designs; I don't think I saw any that I really didn't like, with particular favor going to the Unicorn and Sinanju--as intended, I'm sure
>animation quality; goes without saying, but the overall presentation was pretty damn good--all the little details like the rumbling of the cockpits really add to the feeling of flying through space
>soundtrack; the OST is well-deserving of continued recognition for lifting everything else to a higher plane--all the little leitmotifs, especially the Unicorn Gundam's theme, really make for some thrills

Cons:
>Plot is all over the place; it starts as your typical MacGuffin fetch-quest, but goes to so many other places that you start asking "Are they there yet?"
>The ending resolution is anticlimactic; the Box is built up so much and ultimately contains something so esoteric that it really did leave me questioning "All these people really had to die for this?"
>Character motivations are just as muddled; Banagher really doesn't have much impetus of his own--he's just pulled along by events because he fell into the cockpit and nothing more--and everyone else likewise seems to be acting more according to the plot than to their own motives (looking at you, Syam Vist)
>waste of a primary antagonist; for all they built up Full Frontal as "the Second Coming of the Red Comet," I was expecting more out of him than just a whiny nihilist with a big red suit. They really wasted all the potential and menace he initially had.
>>
>>14773251
I started watching the original Ultraman while I wait for the second half of victory gundam to drop on bluray it's already caused me to make a frivolous impulse buy in the 50th anniversary figuart
>>
>>14773473
I just found a new show to watch.

>>14773483
Original or Shin?

I watched Birth a little while ago. Fun, super cool animation, but all over the place. I didn't quite like the ending but it's open ended enough for me not to be sad about it.
>>
>>14773494
what potential did full frontal have

he was a char impersonator
>>
File: Eureka.Seven.full.74949.jpg (437KB, 1690x1198px) Image search: [Google]
Eureka.Seven.full.74949.jpg
437KB, 1690x1198px
Just started Eureka 7. Very beautiful show. I like the art and character designs a lot.
Robots on surfboards is still a bit strange to take in, but they're growing on me.
Hope the romance is handled well.
>>
>>14773740
>what potential did full frontal have

A lot more than a tripfag with no grammar skills, but I digress.

When they first introduce Full Frontal, he's billed as "The Second Coming of Char Aznable"--they're admitting up front that, yes, he's a Char clone. I thought that from there, they were going to play around with the idea a bit. Here's a guy who's using Char's reputation to build himself up as a figure of dread, and given his demonstrable skill, plus everyone's reactions, he's succeeding at it.

There's a lot that can be done from that foundation. Who really is this guy? Is he some passionate Zeon ace who's using Char's legacy to exert more influence than he'd otherwise have? Is he literally a clone of Char, and does that mean he holds insecurities about "measuring up" to the legacy? I was expecting--hoping--for there to be some sort of duality to his character, some inner conflict he's going through that is expressed in his external actions.

But no, it turns out he is a literal void. He's nothing but "a vessel," which is just a cheap way of admitting that he was nothing as a character. Again, it's a systemic problem with Unicorn's characters overall--they aren't their own individuals, but servants to the plot. The producers needed A CHAR for the series, so they made one and just stopped there.
>>
>>14773729
Shin, i mainly love it for the story which alot of people seem to be mixed on, the new characters from violence jack are all great and i love all the references to the other go nagai stuff.
>>
>>14773922
Toss me your recommended reads? I've been putting Shin Mazinger off for a while
>>
File: ab_dunbine.jpg (64KB, 590x286px) Image search: [Google]
ab_dunbine.jpg
64KB, 590x286px
Currently watching

Dunbine: Only 8 or so episodes in and it's pretty good. I'm a big sucker for Tomino, and I appreciate the effort for worldbuilding. It's also funny that there's a character with the same name as me (Neal) but the way they say it makes me dubious that it's the correct romanization. Hope they either successfully rescue Emelie soon or give up 'cause they're going on 4 attempts now.

LOGH rewatch: Still good, not much to say. It is interesting having now read the first two novels to see how despite being a very close adaptation, the OVA skips over a lot of the technical details. The novel definitely feels more Science Fiction than the OVA, but I can't say which I like better.

Finished

Sunred: it was really 'that'
>>
>>14773936
All the mazinger shit, mao dante, devilman, violence jack and cutie honey if you intend on reading zero. Basically everything Go Nagai. The references arent anything huge outside of small easter egg's though.
>>
>Karas
Rad.
>Garo
Rad.
>The Devilman OVAs
Rad.
>Garo: The Animation
Rad.

I have no complaints.
>>
>>14773954
Cool
>>
>>14773953
>Only 8 or so episodes in and it's pretty good. I'm a big sucker for Tomino, and I appreciate the effort for worldbuilding.
Dunbine spoiler alert: the last third of the series takes place on Earth, not Byston Well, so get ready for all of that to be squandered.
>>
>>14774125
>>14773953
Different anon here
Even if it does take place on earth I don't think that detracts from the world building much at all since Byston well and "present day" earth are so connected.
>>
File: zama.png (372KB, 644x480px) Image search: [Google]
zama.png
372KB, 644x480px
>>14773953
Just finished Dunbine myself. Was better than I expected.
Even knowing what sort of ending I was in for.
>>
Watching Victory. I think I found Tomino.

Also these subs are kind of bad in certain aspects. Things don't flow all that well.and I just saw the word Fucktard used in a children show. There's an official release coming for Victory soon, right? I might check that out and compare.
>>
>>14774191
>he is still watching the DVD release
Get it together anon
>>
>>14774203
It's kind of a long story but these are subs a friend let me copy off his hard drivve. And I've been putting it off watching it forever.

I don't know how much more I'd get out of a BD anyway, unless they changed the subs.
>>
>>14773307
Suprisingly better than the first two, even better than Ginga and X

>Sedegan's ep will never be subbed

WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME, MEGABEAST EMPIRE!?
>>
>>14774215
The first half has been released by righstuf the only wonkiness I've seen on he official release so far is some names like calling Kate Kite, but given bandai's track record they might have said that's the official name
>>
>>14774608
They're busy trying to even finish Juspion (and focus on Janperson) as it is, so I'm sure it'll happen eventually.
>>
Just watched Shin Getter Robo vs Neo Getter Robo. It was a fun little OVA but god damn people weren't kidding about how terrible the animation can get. I understand sacrificing detail so the mech fights can look good and the animation can be more fluid but holy shit at points Go looked like he was made of Clay.

This is probably the most interesting the original Go team has been, probably their best iteration after the Armageddon team. I think the GoShin Getter was neat although I wasn't a fan of the energy construct thing they became, felt like cheap animation/direction and I also don't like when Neo team pilots Shin Getter.

Overall good but Armageddon is still easily better. Now to finish the trifecta and watch New.
>>
File: zz1.png (353KB, 608x407px) Image search: [Google]
zz1.png
353KB, 608x407px
Just finished episode 27 of ZZ, Glad to see the Leimi gets kidnapped arc start wrapping up, and all those desert fights a few episodes ago with the old Zeek suits were cool as fuck. I think I might have a new appreciation for the Gelgoog.
>>
File: 1470449722299.jpg (73KB, 421x480px) Image search: [Google]
1470449722299.jpg
73KB, 421x480px
>>14775055
>Leimi
Wait, shit, her name's Leina.
>>
>>14773251
I'm somewhere in the early 30's into this show, it's pretty good so far.

Too bad most of the deaths have been spoiled for me
Marasai a best
>>
File: concerns.jpg (59KB, 457x472px) Image search: [Google]
concerns.jpg
59KB, 457x472px
>>14775015
>Trashing the animation in SvN
>I also don't like when Neo team pilots Shin Getter

What? The first fight with Shin Getter is one of my favorite scenes in any mecha anime. I also love the God getter fight but I can see why other people wouldn't like it so much
>>
>>14773449
If they're not willing to talk about how cool Cobra can be then they're not worth speaking to.

>>14774125
I don't think that squanders anything. It's just a change in location.
>>
>>14775106
>The first fight with Shin Getter is one of my favorite scenes in any mecha anime.
Don't get me wrong the mecha are animated great for the most part, humans however sometimes become literal blobs like the scene where Go fights in the underground ring. As for my opinion of the Neo team I just have issues with Sho or Gai piloting Shin Getter because neither are resultant enough or good enough pilots to handle it, only Go is. Gai, Sho, and Kei are all too weak in mind, body, and/or spirit to handle being that in tune with Getter Rays.
>I also love the God getter fight but I can see why other people wouldn't like it so much
I thought it was cool seeing Getter reacting to the particularly strong will of Go and reforming Shin into a Shin x Neo hybrid, although it kinda made no sense. I just think things got a little deus ex machina with how that all just kinda worked out.

But i also was disappointed we didn't ever get to see Ryoma pilot during the OVA so take my opinions how you will.
>>
>>14773953
Same, though I'm 16 episodes in and J felt it was kind of slow.

and I forgot what the plot was about
>>
Dancouga. I'm on 32 and really enjoying it. It's kinda slow sometimes, and there's a lot of animation problems, but I'm too hyped up about THE BASE TURNED INTO A FUCKING DRAGON to care right now.
>>
I'm on episode eight of L-Gaim right now, definitely enjoying it, although I'm not a fan of the more zany character animation desu.
>>
Literally NGE with Idolmaster characters. It's like an autistic crossover from fanfiction.net came to life. The fact that they couldn't get any of the original Idolmaster seiyuu kind of kills the whole thing, though. Not sure if I can sit through 22 more episodes.
>>
>>14776958
If it helps you any, just think of it as Dolores, I, but with a much less chatty robot buddy that just happens to want love.
>>
File: Bokurano.full.595765.jpg (377KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Bokurano.full.595765.jpg
377KB, 1280x1024px
I like it
>>
>>14773251
I recently started watching The Third, actually because you recommended it earlier. It's pretty great, really comfy and the characters are super charming. Also Bogie is best tank.

Recently finished KR Den-O, and I can see why people say it's a love it or hate it show, since it was mostly comedy based. I personally loved it but I can see why people wouldn't. Also REIDEEN, which, slow animation aside, wasn't terrible. I liked the mech itself, but that's probably the best thing I can say about it.
>>
File: argevollen.jpg (241KB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
argevollen.jpg
241KB, 1400x1000px
I finished Argevollen a while ago. You guys weren't kidding, the main antagonist was the most charming character in the show and the only man with a plan.
>>
I'm still pretty upset over the change of Kamen Riders in the original Kamen Rider, so I've been rewatching Lucky Star instead.

Feels like there is a change in direction too, but I'm not sure. All the fights felt fun as fuck before this and now it just doesn't flow as well.
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-01-11 22.21.12.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-01-11 22.21.12.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>14773449
Damn right we can.
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-08-03 19.46.15.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-08-03 19.46.15.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>14777700
Lots of great shots like this in Cobra, with the MC's walking towards the camera and mugging.
>>
>>14773251
Besides Cobra back in January, I just finished Ideon, and just started Initial D, because a buddy of mine won't quit bothering me about it. I legit like the artstyle though, and I'm sure the CG cars will grow on me
>>
>>14777393
If you haven't already, watch the subtitled music video for Uninstall. The lyrics are a punch in the gut to go along with the show
>>14777411
hey-hey, I just picked up The Third because it was on the SRWE cast list. I thought auto-enforcers would be a little more beefy after seeing them teleport and turn invisible, but drunken louts still win the day
>>
>>14777700
The rugball arc is easily in my top 3 favorite cobra arcs.
Good shit.

I got pic related on a mousepad and it looks great
>>
>>14777393
Kitoh is a god. Read the manga, though.
>>
>>14777713
the CG cars do grow on you, and you won't even notice when it happens. I also love the odd character designs, but only in the first series. The 2D art takes a big dive in the later Initial D series IMO, but the CG cars only get better so there's that at least.

the first series is also the king of reaction images
>>
File: fdspoilerfly.jpg (253KB, 910x414px) Image search: [Google]
fdspoilerfly.jpg
253KB, 910x414px
>>14778407
They CG cars really do grow on you. It's one of the few 3D shows that don't look terribly regrettable down the line. They're ugly and haven't aged well but they grow on you in a cheesy and heartwarming way, not like Butt Ugly Martians or something which just looks like shit no matter how you put it. It probably helps that the show in itself is good and the whole thing feels like a product of the era in the good way.
>>
Well, I did watch 11 episodes of J-Decker last week
>>
>>14773251
Started watching Eureka Seven and Full Metal Panic tonight. Enjoyable.

Still never finished Kabuto or Gaim though.
>>
>>14776958
Try to give it more of a fair chance.

Xenoglossia is a nice show.

>>14777411
Glad you liked my recommendation.

>>14777683
The transition between #1 and #2 in the original Kamen Rider was very rough due to it being born out of an accident on the set, but the show will settle back into its groove soon enough.

>>14778461
You enjoying that show? J-Decker is pretty nice, overall.

>>14778762
E7 and FMP are in my top 10 for series from that decade. I hope you continue to enjoy them.
>>
Watching Votoms stuff, just finished Shining Heresy. I enjoyed everything so far, though Shining Heresy was probably my least favorite.
Should i just stop here? I heard the new stuff is really bad and 3D pig.
>>
>>14778908
>E7 and FMP are in my top 10 for series from that decade.
Confirmed for shit taste
This is MAL tier
>>
File: vipers-creed-2277.jpg (72KB, 341x500px) Image search: [Google]
vipers-creed-2277.jpg
72KB, 341x500px
This and I enjoyed it a lot.

There are any more shows like this with mecha being just secondary and lots of action with that GITS vibe?

I'm specially interested in the "ACTION" thing, lately I feel everything I watch is characters sitting and talking, I just want people infiltrating, kungfuing, shooting and causing explosions.
>>
Checking out Cyborg 009 vs. Devilman right now.

It's alright so far.

But because it's 3 episodes I'm worried they won't have enough time to do anything with it.

It gets tons of points for having an ED made up entirely of the coolest panels from both manga though.
>>
File: rd_dunbine1.jpg (49KB, 800x993px) Image search: [Google]
rd_dunbine1.jpg
49KB, 800x993px
>>14773251
Watching Dunbine because i buy this robot damashi when i visit Brasil and the price was slightly cheap compare with buy online.

Is weird listen Shou Zama and thinks in Kamille. I'm in the episode where Billbine replace Shou's Dunbine
>>
>>14780120
Just think of it like a movie. That's what it really is more or less, just split into pieces to fit on a pay per view TV time schedule.
>>
>>14778407
>>14778455
OH MY GOD THE CAR'S A VAMPIRE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTZ3PM3hUXc

THIS SHOW IS UNBELIEVABLE
>>
>>14780148
Its crazy to think how obviously Dunbine was like Zeta Gundam Prototype.
>>
>>14780336
and L-Gaim has a lot in common with ZZ
>>
>>14780277
Just finished episode 2. It's more obvious now that this is basically a movie split up into 3 parts.

I don't mind it since it's giving me an excuse to listen to Nine Cyborg Soldiers and Devilmind.
>>
>>14780384
The presentation of it was indeed really good. I felt it wrapped it all up together well enough, the ending was par with what you could expect from a crossover film. Just don't forget to watch the extra scene after the credits. There's always one of those.
>>
>>14780384
VF, do you prefer your Devilman Blue or fleshy?
>>
>>14780504
Having just finished the 3rd episode, I'm gonna have to disagree with you about wrapping up together well.

It was going fine until the third episode, at which point it became super dull and unintersting. I'm a bit disappointed in how little crossover there actually is Atun/Set was a really shit last boss for the cast to fight

The OP and ED are good, there were some great individual moments over the course of the three episodes, but by the end of it felt a bit lacking.

I also think Ryo was vastly underutilized in this.
>>
>>14780544
I won't disagree the final boss could have been more interesting and there could have been more shared screentime, but as far as crossover gigs go I think it was as good as it could have really been. Ryo's role was definately odd and his screentime was short and shallow, if you approached it having no clue about Devilman you'd have no idea what his beef even really was. They did a good job at giving us the rundown of the 009 side but not so much the other half of the film.
>>
>>14780584
My major issue with them is that they seem to exist in pockets at time. Akira and Ryo in their demon hunting shenanigans and 009 with his team hiding out in the middle of nowhere.

I feel that they could've done a bit more to let these pockets intersect so that we could've had more scenes with the two groups together, that's all.

I guess I just feel like the Advance Custom cyborgs were taking up too much of the spotlight when 009 team could've been simply involved with investigating the demons and thinking they were a new weapons project.
>>
>>14780350
I feel L-Gaim has a lot in common with both Zeta and ZZ. It has some nice goofy humor interspersed in it, but as it goes on it becomes more serious,
>>
>>14782303
Tomino's shows tend to share a lot of elements due to the fact that they not only feature him as director, but quite a few of the same people in the animation, writing, and design department.
>>
>>14775015
>>14776958
>Literally NGE with Idolmaster characters
What? Are you drunk?
>The fact that they couldn't get any of the original Idolmaster seiyuu kind of kills the whole thing, though.
Of all things that could "kill" the show for you, that's one of the dumbest you could come up with. Xenoglossia is stand alone, forget about other things with Idolmaster in the name when you're watching it.
>>
>>14783533
Didn't mean to quote the first post.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.