[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>For years, the staple of the worst Rider series was Faiz

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 27

File: kamen-rider-faiz-13.jpg (317KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
kamen-rider-faiz-13.jpg
317KB, 1024x768px
>For years, the staple of the worst Rider series was Faiz for it's melodrama, annoying characters, wasted toys (Axel Form in only like 4 episodes kek) and a boring plot
>You had some people who thought Hibiki was, but they are plebs
>Then it became Kiva which was essentially all of Faiz's problems times 100 as the staple
>Then it was Wizard
>Now it's Ghost
>Faiz is starting to look like this amazing and well-written show in retrospect
>>
I kinda dropped it in the pits of the old TVn subbed episodes but honestly I felt the IT'S SHIT meme was just that, a meme.

I mean sure there's some pretty ham fisted melodrama going on in the show and it's unquestionably Japanese about its melodrama, but if you are in the market for that kind of soap operatic nonsense it fucking delivers.

Plus it has a really captivating thematic hook what with the overarching issue of "who's the true monster"
>>
Add Amazons in there too. It had an absolutely stupid plot, horrible characters, and themes more obnoxiously shoved into your face than Ghost, but people still like it for the "adult" atmosphere and "shocking" revelations.

Also, that goddamn grey filter.
>>
>>14770325
I don't think Amazons isn't the staple for a Rider series unless they start making more dark Rider stories like it. As it is, it's just in the "well this didn't work" side pile with Shin and The Next
>>
>>14770325
At least Amazons isn't BORING like Ghost is
>>
File: 1459794114312.png (319KB, 665x484px) Image search: [Google]
1459794114312.png
319KB, 665x484px
The thing is that Faiz firmly sits in a "so bad it's hilarious" boat. Seriously, it's -so- melodramatically Japanese and -so- poorly written that it circles back on itself and becomes an amazing laugh riot. It also has those sexy suit designs and a great soundtrack to help it along, too.
>>
>>14770327
>As it is, it's just in the "well this didn't work"
But it did work, which is why it got praised and is getting a second season
>>
File: HIROGARU UCHUU NO NAKA.jpg (56KB, 313x331px) Image search: [Google]
HIROGARU UCHUU NO NAKA.jpg
56KB, 313x331px
>>14770325
What. The only really bad thing about Amazons was that Haruka's actions made no sense, yet the show acted like they did and expected the viewer to potentially side with him. Aside from that it was fine.
>>
>>14770306
Kiva was never as bad as Faiz though, because some of the characters on it were actually likable unlike Faiz's.
>>
Faux is absolutely saved by its suit designs, tech and DEM BELT VOICES
>>
>>14770432
>because some of the characters on it were actually likable
You mean just Otoya and maybe Jirou right
>>
>>14770458
I mean everyone save Wataru vs everyone is a Faiz being assholes.
>>
>>14770458
And EVERYONE in Faiz was fucking assholes
>>
>>14770464
>>14770472
Yeah but >>14770434, what it lacks in likable characters, it more than makes up for in fights, suits, tech, belt voices and music too

Things that Kiva only matches in suits
>>
Is there any rider series that is unwatchable?
>>
>>14770640
Ghost
>>
>>14770640
No. Wizard is close, because despite all the Ghost shitposting, Wizard is in fact still the worst Kamen Rider, but it's still at least somewhat watchable.

The big problem with Wizard's watchability is that by far its biggest strength as a show is its beautiful fight choreography, but after Haruto gets Infinity he literally has the exact same fight beat-for-beat with it. Diamond barrier, diamond barrier, sword slash, sword slash, sword slash, superspeed slash, superspeed slash, superspeed slash, turn over the axe, Shining Strike. He finishes all but two Phantoms in this exact way, and the other two he just does two Shining Strikes and a Plasma Shining Strike respectively. Then when he fights Fueki at the end he doesn't use his superspeed or his diamond barrier for no reason.

The last episodes are also an awful slog of bringing up plot points and then dropping them (Fueki can take all of Infinity's magic away with a wave of his hand, eight episodes later Fueki is terrified of Infinity as the only thing that can beat him) and outright character assassination of the lead (Haruto and Fueki are fighting at the end not over whether or not to use the Sabbat to resurrect Koyomi, but who should get to do it).

Despite this, Wizard remains watchable if you know going in that it's a show with an awful plot that goes nowhere. Part of the reason it's so reviled is that watching it weekly there was no way to tell that all the cool ideas being laid out early on were just smoke and mirrors.
>>
Ghost is boring and Takeru is almost as much of a wet blanket as Wataru. I say almost because I can't honestly see Takeru going back to the past to try and kill himself like Wataru did.

Kiva is frustrating. There's all the elements of a good series sitting right there, but instead of using them the right way it just sorta shits all over itself constantly.

Wizard, which OP forgot to mention, is even more boring than Ghost and it's totally understandable that OP didn't mention it because it's utterly forgettable.

I haven't watched enough Faiz or Hibiki to say.
>>
>>14770405

Amazons reeks of the same kind of awful Japanese melodrama bullshit Faiz does, but people ignore it because it's so "mature and gritty." Every single major plot point in that show hinges on miscommunication or characters making phenomenally stupid decisions.
>>
I'd like to remind everyone Faiz got his two power ups, one by getting it literally thrown at him and the other came in the mail.
>>
>>14770755
Most folks also don't realize it has the same producer as Faiz (Shirakura), who was responsible for Faiz's Rider Vs. Rider and MISUNDERSTANDING issues.
>>
>>14770694
>Wizard, which OP forgot to mention
I did not
>>
>>14770773
WELL SHIT.
>>
>>14770405
You hit the nail on the head anon biggest problem with Amazons is that Haruka was retarded it would have been better if Jin was the mc
>>
>>14770611
>tech
Don't care.
>belt voices
Faiz is overrated in that department.
>fights
Not really, no.
>music
Kiva's music is better in my eyes.

>>14770686
No, I watched Wizard last year. First half of the show was literally great all the way up to the ending with beating Phoenix. The second half and especially 30s run of episode is where it drags it heels, Haruto's character is totally ignored and he just goes through the motions as a plot device to run around for his doll girlfriend but Wiseman and the shit with Sora were still great.

Wizard was NEVER boring though. It had at least a lot of fun fights.
Ghost is and always was bland in that department..

I'd say Hibiki, Den-O (its a love it or hate it show, that simple), and Faiz are the best candidates for that with Kiva trailing not that far behind it.
>>
>>14770809
>Wizard was NEVER boring though.
I would strongly disagree with that. It was an overly predictable mess
>>
>>14770766
actually miscommunication is usually penned on inoue especially since you had series that had it and shirakura wasn't there.
>>
>>14770821
You are allowed your opinion no matter how much I completely disagree with it. Ghost is still garbage though and I'd rather go with Wizard or Den-O (which I hate) then suffer it again.
>>
>>14770809
>No, I watched Wizard last year.

That is your problem. You probably watched it all at once. For the people who had to watch it through the entire year, it obviously became boring as it happened with you and Ghost once you had to go through at bits at a time instead of large chunks.
>>
>>14770841
True, although Shirakura is still fixated on having Riders fight each other for reasons. That he started doing that with Agito was pretty coincidental.
>>
>>14770851
How the fuck does it matter if I watched it in one sitting or weekly? It doesn't change the content or anything else about it.
>>
>>14770934
It changes it enormously. Binge watching greatly increases the perceived pace of a show compared to watching it weekly, and this is often for the better. Ghost, for instance, will likely be viewed in a much better light once people are binge watching it because the slow drip pace of the plot will be sped up considerably. In Wizard's case there's almost no plot at all, so binge watching helps gloss over the same-y nature of many of the episodes.

Moreover, with binge watching a bad episode is on your mind for a few minutes. With weekly watching a bad episode is on your mind for a whole week, and has a much easier time creating a bad impression of the show as a whole.
>>
>>14770306
Oh come on folks, Hibiki wasn't even that good before production changes, take away the cinematography and fight scenes and you have basically people talking their heads off over pointless drivel, it really was one of the worst entries
>>
>>14770640
Kabuto comes close, Tsurugi was the only good thing to come from it
>>
what's with the ghost hate?.

is kamen rider ghost the next kamen rider wizard?.
>>
>>14771140
This, I remember watching season 2 of Code Geass as it was airing and I fucking hated it. I rewatched it recently and it was still not great but much more tolerable.
>>
>>14771186
Kabuto is literally the perfect starter/average Rider series. It has the best and worst of modern Rider
>>
>>14771140
>It changes it enormously.
No it doesn't.
>>
>>14771245
>It has the worst of modern Rider.
Its not Faiz, Hibiki, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, OOOs, or Wizard and Ghost to make that allegation or claim.
>>
>>14770851
Why does that matter when pretty much anyone from now on is gonna be watching it all at once?
>>
>>14770405
>Haruka's actions made no sense
Yes they do, the fact he is indecisive on issues (including difficult ones especially for him) doesn't mean he makes no sense

> expected the viewer to potentially side with him
No it does not, it clearly shows both him and Jin are very flawed as people and in ideals.
>>
File: 1234325235.png (52KB, 715x99px) Image search: [Google]
1234325235.png
52KB, 715x99px
>>14771140
>perceived pace of the show
>Wizard's case there's almost no plot at all
>binge watching
>impression of the show
>>
>>14771209
No Wizard is still the worst. Ghost has odd pacing but good everything else.
>>
Wizard and Ghost are bad for entirely different reasons. Like you said, Faiz and Kiva are bad because of melodrama, MISUNDERSTANDINGS, and endless rivers.

Wizard and Ghost are bad because they're boring.
>>
File: 1470567383873.jpg (491KB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1470567383873.jpg
491KB, 4000x3000px
I genuinely liked Faiz.

It was bad, but it was entertaining and I still really liked many things and characters from it. Kaixa is a lovely character.
>>
>>14771209
Ghost was an okay show following a fantastic show, and its first ten are also its worst ten by an overwhelming margin. This meant opinions on it became immediately negative, and it's very hard for a show's reputation to come back from a bad start on /m/.
>>
>>14771474
I like melodrama and misunderstandings.

OOO was the show that I liked the least. That was boring as shit.
>>
>>14771489
>fantastic show
Drive was below average, worse than ghost, and the only good character was Chase.
>>
>>14770306

Eat my shit, Faiz was really good. KR Blade was my favorite, but Faiz was right up there on the same level as Kabuto.

I repeat: eat my shit.
>>
>>14771474
Rivers were replaced with "Randomly leave because this is part one of a two part arc."

I 100% prefer rivers.
>>
>>14771504
>Faiz was really good
It's objectively not

I mean a lot of Rider's dankest memes came out of Faiz (and Agito but mainly Faiz) and not like Blade ones but the bad ones. Like rivers, secondary Riders who never listen and abandoned toys
>>
>>14771520
>it's bad because memes

Into the river you go.
>>
>>14771504
Kabuto is actually really fucking awful, though. It has some great episodes, definitely, but the story is basically incoherent and the vanishing actors are some of the most blatant cases in the franchise. You also have to really like Tendou, the show is way more dependent on liking the main protagonist than most and he's kind of an asshole.
>>
>>14771474
Wizard went to shit in its second half for the most part but it was never at any point boring to me.
>>14771520
>Agito
>memes
>>14771569
Shit taste.
>>
Not liking Faiz is like putting on blackface and changing your name to Maurice
>>
>>14771640
Wait, there are people who don't celebrate Watermelon Day?
>>
File: gunlordkabuto.jpg (332KB, 802x3043px) Image search: [Google]
gunlordkabuto.jpg
332KB, 802x3043px
>>14771542
I mean that the repetitive bad things contribute to the nature of the show being not good

>>14771569
>>Kabuto is actually really fucking awful, though
Nah man, it's great.

Not 100% great, but pretty good. And even if I didn't like Kabuto, it's not even nearly bad enough or had a negative enough reception to be considered a staple bad series
>>
File: Kamen Rider Kabuto Kagami.png (241KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
Kamen Rider Kabuto Kagami.png
241KB, 704x396px
How can anybody call a series with Kagami in it bad?
>>
>>14771671
Only a retard Faizfag would.
>>
>>14771499
>worse than Ghost
Stop right there
>>
>love japanese dramas
>enjoyed most of the series people complain about(faiz, kiva, wizard)
Ghost is too shitty though, first series i dropped and have no desire to continue.
>>
>>14770343
Hilariously, whenever I looked at previews or whatever Faiz always looked like FFVIII to me.

Guess it fits more than I thought.
>>
>>14770306
You fags expect too much from this shitty franchise.
>>
>>14772305
Seems like they expect too much from a children's cartoon. At this moment Kamen Rider is going to get "sillier and sillier".
>>
>I was able to follow Ghost and Wizard just fine
Maybe all you white boys need to do something about that ADHD?
>>
>This whole thread
>>
>>14770405
I side with Haruka, he judges people based on what they actually do, and not what species they are.
>>
File: 1354559590002.jpg (44KB, 460x260px) Image search: [Google]
1354559590002.jpg
44KB, 460x260px
>>14772530

Kusaka gave us the best faces though
>>
Faiz was fine. It was still entertaining despite all the drama and misunderstandings. I don't remember anything about Kiva besides the last episode. Wizard was pretty boring, but Beast kept it afloat. Ghost was also boring, and definitely worse than Wizard. At least Haruto has a character sometimes and a pretty funny gimmick. Takeru has nothing. He's fucking insufferable.
>>
It felt like the past few crossover stories they really wanted to properly wrap up the Faiz storyline.
>>
File: 13432523.png (35KB, 467x456px) Image search: [Google]
13432523.png
35KB, 467x456px
>>14772599
>Faiz was fine.
>>
I know that Faiz and Wizard are objectively bad, but I genuinely love them, mainly because of the characters. Ghost, on the other hand, is a pile of flaming garage with the most nothing characters I have ever seen and I cannot believe I sat through it all.
Can't wait for my CSM Faiz Gear in the mail tomorrow
>>
i would take wizard over ghost any day of the week no questions asked

because unlike ghost it had 1 good thing which was beast
>>
>>14771140
I fell behind ghost and binge watched about 25 episodes before I said fuck this show. ghost is complete DREK
>>
File: Faiz2.jpg (270KB, 1591x811px) Image search: [Google]
Faiz2.jpg
270KB, 1591x811px
>>14770306 (OP)
I also Kaixa, Faiz and Delta figuarts lined up next to each other on my shelf.

It'll be the first rider I rewatch after I finish all the riders.
>>
File: 1385449644118.gif (904KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1385449644118.gif
904KB, 240x240px
>>14771186
>Kabuto
>bad
sure it has some failings but it was a fantastic series as a whole.
I even really enjoyed the Iron Chef episode, despite the fact that it did nothing but foreshadow homegirl being a worm
>>
>>14773243
Does every episode have to necessarily do
"something" outside of being entertaining and enjoyable to watch?
>>
>>14773249
no, but people bellyache the most out of the iron chef episode iirc
I genuinely love Kabuto start to finish
>>
>>14771140
Aside from the "pace" meme, this is true. The content doesnt change, your impression of it does.
>>
>>14771363
In my experience, "pacing" means more "I have ADHD" than anything else.
>>
>>14773259
It's been a long time since I've seen Kabuto but I distinctly remember that episode, so it did something right.
>>
>>14771489
I didnt like the first ten episodes of ghost, but started liking the show once Boost debuted. It was pretty good up to around Mugen´s introduction and then dropped in quality.

It makes it all the worse since the show could have been a great entry, unlike Wizard which never looked promising aside from the suit design and Rinko´s ass.
>>
>>14771569
> the show is way more dependent on liking the main protagonist than most and he's kind of an asshole.
>the character has to be a 100% nice and good guy to be likable and/or a good character
I´ll never get how Heisei Kamen Rider has so many fans like this.
>>
>>14772348
>Seems like they expect too much from a children's cartoon.
>cartoon
But yeah, it´s an usual problem.
>>
>>14772348
If anything, I expect too little
>>
>>14771671

Because he's the worst part of a already shit show.
>>
Faiz is that show that everyone needs to watch.
>>
File: 1445823160916.gif (794KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1445823160916.gif
794KB, 240x240px
>>14773555
>555

something something something something CAN YOU FEEL
>>
File: [Eurobeat stops].gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
[Eurobeat stops].gif
2MB, 400x300px
Anyone else feel like Den-O is kind of strange compared to other Rider series? Like I stopped to look back at Den-O one day ,and realized that it's fucking different from other Rider shows in how it's portrayed.
It's fucking goofy, comedy heavy, and not much drama. Yet it all works. It sticks out even from Kiva, but in a good way. I don't think there's been a series like Den-O since then.
>>
>>14773563
IMA
>>
>>14770432
>>14770306
I dunno, I thought that Kiba (and his gang)'s side of the show was pretty engaging, moreso than the main part of the story, aside from the chick and Takumi's friend's phone relationship dragging on for way, way too long. The comparison to Kiva is pretty apt in that regard because there I thought Otoya's half was engaging compared to Wataru's.

Takumi > Wataru though.

>>14773600
The first episode of Den-O was sort of dark, if I'm remembering it correctly? It opens with a civillian death that feels like it could've been ripped straight out of Agito.
>>
File: Faiz.jpg (121KB, 853x476px) Image search: [Google]
Faiz.jpg
121KB, 853x476px
>>14773563
>>
File: 25frrt1.jpg (104KB, 1029x1534px) Image search: [Google]
25frrt1.jpg
104KB, 1029x1534px
>>14773249
Maybe to people who take the story seriously in these shows.

I'm just in it for the action and to watch Seiji work those suits.
>>
>>14773623
Yeah, there's a couple of deaths here and there scattered throughout, but I mean, no one really pays much attention to that inshow. Everything is so lighthearted, heck, even the fight scenes are lighthearted and hammy. I can feel Taikawa having fun in those suit.
>>
>>14773634

Renn's fingers are so fucking scrawny, man, it's creepy.
>>
>>14773623
I don't like Faiz that much
but Kiba wrecking Kusaka once and for all honestly is one of my favorite scenes in all of KR
>>
What is your favorite Rider suit, /m/?
>>
File: 1190776992523.jpg (202KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1190776992523.jpg
202KB, 1024x768px
>>14773650
Kabuto with Faiz in a very close 2nd place
>>
File: 1463017421130.png (2MB, 1333x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1463017421130.png
2MB, 1333x2000px
>>14773650
Kabuto suits are so slick
>>
>>14773650
Why is Agito doing Rider 2's pose?
>>
File: SIC_Blade_EVOLUTION_KING_cape.jpg (339KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
SIC_Blade_EVOLUTION_KING_cape.jpg
339KB, 683x1024px
>>14773660
fucking hell man, some of the suits would be able to rock a cape so well. King Form definitely needed one.
Or maybe even a LONG flowing scarf.
>>
>>14773665
Because instead of drawing new poses, someone just simply copypaste'd the Showa riders' poses.
>>
File: 1444737118531.png (3MB, 1333x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1444737118531.png
3MB, 1333x2000px
>>14773666
I hear ya man. Capes and scarves are just plain cool.
>>
File: 33317121b.jpg (437KB, 827x1169px) Image search: [Google]
33317121b.jpg
437KB, 827x1169px
>>14770686
You forgot about how they introduced the Drago Timer which allowed him to become four Wizards and then changed their mind for the final arc so they could reuse the Kamen Rider Mage suits and drag it out longer.
>>
>>14771140
>In Wizard's case there's almost no plot at all, so binge watching helps gloss over the same-y nature of many of the episodes.
Wouldn't this only make things much worse for anyone watching the same plot structure happen every two episodes?
>>
File: Artemisa leonardo da vinci.jpg (80KB, 500x466px) Image search: [Google]
Artemisa leonardo da vinci.jpg
80KB, 500x466px
>>14773600
I usually don't like jap comedy stuff aside from Ixion Saga and Daily lives of highschool bros but goddamn I loved the interaction between the main imagins. Their interactions between themselves and the MC were fucking hilarious to me.
>>14773243
>mfw Tendou conducting a wedding in a church
>mfw Tendou goes into the hospital first and works as the chef there
>mfw hopper bros
>mfw Tsurugi goes full retard
>mfw the show shitting on Kagami

Man DenO and Kabuto are my favorite funny kamen riders.
>>
>>14773600
The thing is, Den-O being japanese, the comedy is not really good. I liked the serious parts tho(when the Imagins show that they will do anything for Ryotaro), and partially because of how it contrasted with the goofiness, so it all worked out for me.

Although, the plot was kind of a mess yet it could have been way more interesting.
>>
>>14773650
There´s so many good ones. If I HAD to pick it would be W or Faiz. But there are many good ones.
>>
>>14773285
>Rinko´s ass

What ass?
>>
>>14773555
>555

STOP
>>
How does Blade not get shit on constantly? I mean, holy fucking shit that first arc with Tachibana was god awful.
>>
>>14773994

Whenever someone talks about Blade, it's almost entirely about the ending. To be fair, great ending, but it's all they have.
>>
>>14773994
"Your puzzle piece...I ate it"

I don't recall exactly, but wasn't the first arc of Blade bad because the director hadn't been shown up yet or they rushed production ahead or something ? Pretty much everything about the show changed immediately after the episode where Tachibana kills the boss, even the incidental music.
>>
File: 1471893769954.webm (3MB, 852x476px) Image search: [Google]
1471893769954.webm
3MB, 852x476px
>>14773994
Because Blade improved immensely after the first arc. And more importantly, that first arc gave us beautiful MADs.
>>
>>14774060
>Because Blade improved immensely after the first arc
It didn't because that's when Mitsuki showed up to be a chickenshit. No amount of sympathetic tales about being locked up in a closet could make him better.

It improved around the retool but not by a terrible lot.
>>
>>14774084
Mutsuki was the weak link, he was also a background factor for about 15-20 episodes straight before his turnaround so I couldn't honestly argue that it held the series back in any major capacity.
>>
>>14773994
Because of the ending and meme.
>>
>>14773629

My favorite cliche in Faiz was the dramatic moment punctuated by a jumbo jet flying overhead at a dangerously low altitude. I swear it happened a good three or four times.
>>
>>14774060
Has there been any snow battles after blade?
>>
>>14773994
Because it was only the first 9 episodes and after that it gets progressively better and better.
>>
I always liked Faiz.
It was really no more melodrama heavy than Kabuto or Agito.
And i'd put Kiva below all of those.
>>
>>14775314
Bad post.
>>
>>14770306
>>For years, the staple of the worst Rider series was Faiz
I stopped visiting Rider threads once Generals took over, but I remember it being fairly well liked, and though it was decent myself. Tone wise, it kind of felt like a proto-Kabuto to me.
>>
>>14775318
Kivafag please.
>>
I like Faiz, it's the most Japanese toku ever because only a Japanese person could have written it.
>>
>>14773656
For years I thought Faiz was a shark before I was told it's a lightning bug
>>
>>14773994

Because it gets a lot better after that
>>
>people actually forgetting how big of a train wreck Decade was

Ok guys, lets just pretend it doesnt exist.
>>
>>14772578
Especially when Kiba snapped his fucking neck. Only a few deaths have been more satisfying.
>>
>>14775686
it almost feels like a J-Drama
>>
>>14775684
Faiz's sappy shitty drama was shoveled in our faces with every character. Comparing it to Agito or Kabuto and calling that out doesn't make me a Kivafag though I'll happily say I'd still rather rewatch Kiva then ever watch Faiz a third time.
>>
>>14775310

Riders rarely leave the city period anymore unless it's in the Toei quarry, likely because it's expensive to move production that far out. Every now and then you'll have some scenes in a forest or something, but for the most part it's all urban sprawl or quarries nowadays.
>>
The only really bad thing about Faiz is the ending. Like, damn what a fucking disaster.
>>
>>14775686
I feel like Hibiki is the most Japanese but I'm only 16 episodes in.
>>
>>14775857
They really wrote themselves into a corner with that ultimatum.
>>
>>14774084
>>14774093
>A character has to be a good guy to be a good character
>>
I got to episode 30 of Faiz and just kinda lost interest. It got to a point where I just wanted to throttle the entire cast and scream "just be direct with each other." I really loved the suit designs though, some of my favorite in the franchise.

After Ghost, I'm going to give it another shot.
>>
>>14776323
Faiz can be very divisive about its dorama and how culturally Japanese it can be. There's a major "don't rock the boat with your personal baggage" attitude over there and it's rather alien to the Western world's willingness to speak what's on its mind to whoever whenever.
>>
>>14771492
Coming off of just watching OOO I disagree, maybe the plot wasn't very quick but the character building and interactions were excellent, a cast I'm sure I'll miss
>>
>>14777913
OOOs entire middle was shit.
>>
>>14771353
Pretty much. In their own way, they represent part of what makes a traditional hero. Jin is the desire to protect mankind, while Haruka is the compassion. Jin lacks the compassion, making him come off as a monster whereas Haruka lacks the desire to protect mankind,. Meanwhile, Haruka's compassion skewers his judgement and is putting humanity in danger as he sides more and more with the Amazons, whereas Jin's lack of it allows him to prevent people from being monster chow.

They're yin and yang. Neither one is perfect.
>>
>>14770306

I watched Faiz when the whole series is available. I can only imagine the suffering of those having to wait for weekly release just to see the casts creating more misunderstanding.

That said, still better than Wi "Donutsteel" zard and Ghoul
>>
I think it's a little silly that people are having that's primarily aimed at boys ages 3-6. Like, this is literally a kodomo franchise first and foremost, nerdy adults that the more expensive toys are marketed to and housewives that cum over the male actors aside, and people are dissecting it like they would a serious adult sci-fi show or something.

I mean I've made effortposts about the writing in Fourze before and why it's very good kids show wrtiting (not just because of Nakashima btw, Keiichi Hasegawa's episodes were fantastic and even the MD Geist/Gaiking 2005 guy whose name I forgot did at least two great episodes) but being so, so harsh on it feels weird.
>>
>>14778315

I don't think it was shit, more that a lot of it was pointless. Basically there a point in OOO where you can just skip ahead to when Uva revives Mezool and Gamel, and then just keep watching as normal.
>>
>>14778604
>and people are dissecting it like they would a serious adult sci-fi show or something.

In fairness, Kuuga is structed far more like a drama than a kids' toku show.

>and even the MD Geist/Gaiking 2005 guy whose name I forgot

Riku Sanjo, he was the head writer for Drive.
>>
>>14778646
structured*
>>
File: stupid shit.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
stupid shit.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>14778646
Sanjo to me seemed like the weakest one for that show but I was REALLY impressed with the episode where Shun tries to get back together with Miu (which he did). It's basically getting across to kids what western social justice types try when they whine about objectively evil entitled toxic masculinist mra pua bigots except in a way that's actually understanding and not missing the entire point of teaching things.

I only grew to appreciate it more after seeing a really shit Wander Over Yonder episode that had the same message except it was dehumanizing in your face garbage that seemed like it was made for Twitter brownie points moreso than to actually teach kids a good lesson.

Basically both had the message that just doing nice things to a girl doesn't mean she'll want to date you, that compatibility is a thing and that you shouldn't lash out over being "friend zoned". But the execution was what made one good and the other shit.
>>
>>14778664
>Shun tries to get back together with Miu (which he did)
by this I mean "which Riku Sanjo wrote"

I just realized the phrasing is very goddamn confusing
>>
>>14770306
on the plus side Faiz and Hibiki have two of the best movies of any Rider, while the same can't really be said for either Wizard or Ghost(not counting the Kamen Rider 1 teamup that is)

>>14770640
Wizard comes closest, but even it has a couple things in it's favor(good costume designs and pretty decent fight scenes)

also while it's nowhere near the worst Rider series, I'd say OOO's is one of the hardest to watch, cause of having some of the worst fight choreography in the franchise(this is it's worst sin, not much point to a Toku series if it has bad fights), some of the worst usage of the series' gimmicks(not as bad as Faiz or Kiva, but only barely so), and one of the worst middle stretches of any Rider series(like you could skip from right after Shauta's debut to the episode right before the finale and not really miss anything important), however most of OOO's movies(besides Core) are really fun
>>
>>14778705

Wizard has an awful story that totally overwhelms whatever pros it has. Nitou is the only thing that carries the series while OOO has likeable villains and main characters.
>>
hindsight is 20/20

i dropped wizard before mayoboro even showed up, wish I had known ghost was going to be so underwhelming

hoping to god ex-aid is at least entertaining enough to keep watching it (ghost i was frameskipping through most later eps) in real time
>>
>>14770306
A tripfag named SharkRaptor was actually the one who started all the hate memes for Faiz and Kiva.
Faiz was otherwise moderately liked.
>>
>>14778728

How can you hate Faiz other than the fact that it was later revealed that its motif is based on a shark instead of a firefly?
>>
>>14770432

Kiva, as a story, was significantly dumber and had poorer designs than Faiz.

I still can't over the stupidity of King coming back from the dead to avenge...Himself.
>>
I will say this about OOO, I actually knew what the villains wanted episode 1. And I don't mean their big plans, I just mean their goddamn motivations.

How long did it take for us to find out what the Zodiarts wanted? Like 40 fucking episodes?
>>
>>14778748
>its motif is based on a shark instead of a firefly

I KNEW IT >>14775688
>>
>>14778748
The shark thing was only mentioned in a Decade Net Movie, but magazine spreads about design motifs don't seem to bring it up at all.
>>
>>14773555
trips confirmed it
>>
>people are still posting in this thread
>>
>>14778728

Kiva is actually bad though. Like, objectively bad. Wataru is beyond awful and the show just kind of unravels itself to the point of going "what the fuck" each episode whenever Wataru does something stupid.

>inb4 "i'm gonna say wataru is cute but i'm actually lying"
>>
>>14773629
>Takumi never fucked Mari
>>
>>14773686
Shit, where can I buy or made something like this for my RAH?
>>
Reminder Wataru tried to abort himself
>>
>>14770306
I always thought you guys were wrong with Faiz being horrible. It's just you're not used to telenovelas (or even stuff showing the life of teenagers like Octopus Pie) and cannot appreciate what Inoue was going for. Sure, there was some bullshit in it, like the rivers... but it was very much a portrait of why Japanese society is failing interpersonal relationships even now: they don't fucking talk shit out. If people would get over their insane fears of rejection, social alienation, etc. all issues could have been solved instantly. Instead, almost everyone dies or gets hurt over being unable to communicate directly/not use proxies that don't understand their motivation or may have bad intentions towards them.

Plus, Paradise Lost is easily the best KR movie so far.
>>
>>14779160
> It's just you're not used to telenovelas (or even stuff showing the life of teenagers like Octopus Pie) and cannot appreciate what Inoue was going for.
Bendis pls.
Kamen Rider is a super hero show, not a soap opera. If you want to take elements from there, fine, but dont forget what the show you´re making is about. I´ve read people saying Shinkenger incorporates elements from period dramas. I dont watch those so I dont know how true it is(aside form obviously being about samurai) but the show never feels like it´s not about super heroes. Faiz fails at that.

>but it was very much a portrait of why Japanese society is failing interpersonal relationships even now: they don't fucking talk shit out. If people would get over their insane fears of rejection, social alienation, etc. all issues could have been solved instantly.
I´m pretty sure that if two people had a long distance relationship and were in the same city at a given time, they would eventually attempt to meet each other even in Japan. No way a society can function if people really acted like Faiz´s characters.
>>
>>14770306
It can't be worse than Kuuga
>>
>>14779290
>Kamen Rider is a super hero show
Hasn't been since 89. Kuuga was very much NOT a super hero show.

>I´m pretty sure that if two people had a long distance relationship and were in the same city at a given time, they would eventually attempt to meet each other even in Japan. No way a society can function if people really acted like Faiz´s characters.
Every character but Kusaka has communication issues. Kusaka is causing mischief, but everyone else cannot communicate for shit.
>>
>>14779310
>Kuuga was very much NOT a super hero show.
The MC literally wants to protect people´s smiles anon.
And SUPER HERO time literally started when Faiz was airing.

>Every character but Kusaka has communication issues. Kusaka is causing mischief, but everyone else cannot communicate for shit.
...so?
>>
>>14779160
>I always thought you guys were wrong with Faiz being horrible. It's just you're not used to telenovelas (or even stuff showing the life of teenagers like Octopus Pie) and cannot appreciate what Inoue was going for.
I don't watch Kamen Rider for telenovelas or watching the life of teenagers
>>
>>14779290
>I´m pretty sure that if two people had a long distance relationship and were in the same city at a given time, they would eventually attempt to meet each other even in Japan. No way a society can function if people really acted like Faiz´s characters.

There's this behavioral pattern in Japanese culture, the idea of honne and tatemae. There's things you feel, believe in, or say but only express in private or to yourself, and the things you say and do in public as dictated by one's position and circumstances. It's a rather bizarre pattern and rather evocative of doublethink at times, but it's deeply ingrained in the Japanese behavioral set, potentially a development born out of cultural situations that required the stabilization of a group even if at the expense of individual sentiment.

Whether you want to take Faiz as a critique of such attitudes or not, that the inability to just talk about how you really feel instead of putting up some public facade, that's not my place to decide. But knowing this puts a lot of things about Japan, not just Faiz, in an interesting light.
>>
>>14779350
Thanks for the info, but do you really feel that the Faiz´s characters´s attitudes are reflective of that and not (at the very least) an exageration? That´s the thing I´m questioning.
>>
>>14779369
Subtlety in Japan amounts to throwing a brick at one's face, just to be sure they get the hint.

Anything less and it goes over people's heads real fast.
>>
>>14779350
Okay but why is Faiz like the only show that does this to such an extreme. The only one that gets close to that is, unsurprisingly, Kiva
>>
>>14778888
Isn't that just the cape from Eternal?
>>
>>14779457
Fuck if I know.
Shift towards a younger demographic?
Inoue being a bit of a hack?
A need to emphasize the negativity of costumeless humans to match the visuals of the costumed monster faction?

Don't they ever have staff commentary for these shows?
>>
>>14778873
Kusaka already raped her.
>>
>>14779878
Are you trying to say that Takumi wouldn't want Kusaka's second hand goods?
>>
>>14773243
My only real problem was the ending, as in like the last 5 episodes or so. the final confrontation is a big letdown, and the fact they didn't really do anything with Dark Kabuto was disappointing. Still, its the only series I finished so far.
>>
>>14775906
You've only got six or seven episodes left.
>>
>>14779293
Bait.
>>14778807
Bigger bait.
Thread posts: 180
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.