[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've just finished reading the super short-lived Jeeg

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Steeg Jeeg_v01c09p308.png (265KB, 888x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Steeg Jeeg_v01c09p308.png
265KB, 888x1300px
So I've just finished reading the super short-lived Jeeg manga by Yasuda and Nagai.

Since it's a TV Magazine manga tie-in, it expects you to already know what the anime is about. It's also pretty clear that this manga is for a young audience. There's barely any time for the reader to grasp what's going on as chapters fly by at the speed of a regular Chargeman Ken episode. I think it's pretty typical of manga tie-ins of that era.

With that said, the last two chapters were actually getting somewhere interesting. They reminded me of Mao Dante and Devilman. But then it just ends with only a single volume to its name.

I wished there was an actual proper Jeeg manga by Nagai. At least there's Shinobu Kaze's Koutetsu Jeeg Hiryuden. That looks fun.
>>
>>14757538
Gosaku Ota did a Jeeg manga as well, apparently.

That aside, Jeeg was only owned by Dynamic Planning much later, at the time Nagai didn't have much involvement. It doesn't help that Yasuda is quite lesser known amongst authors tied to Nagai/DP.
>Go Nagai’s vendetta against satisfying endings continues as we wrap up this short manga.
Goddammit, Chaos.
>>
>>14757608
>Jeeg was only owned by Dynamic Planning much later, at the time Nagai didn't have much involvement
the last 2 chapters felt like something Go would write, but the other chapters are really standard kiddy fare.
>>
>>14757538
"All the animals of Earth have been brought together in one body!"

Dancougar Nova? Is that you?
>>
I kinda liked this ending better than the usual nagai endings, at least they finished the main villain arc, kinda reminds me of the ending of shin mazinger z.

It was a fun read, Micchi was cute.
>>
Nagai has never and will never create an "ending". He always stops his story at a climax without a conclusion. Always. It's 100% deliberate. Even Devilman ends like that.
>>
>>14759349
stuff like that is why I'm of the opinion that while Nagai is a good artist, and comes up with great ideas and designs, he's honestly kinda terrible as a writer, same with Ishikawa
>>
>>14759375
Just because he likes something you don't doesn't make him a terrible writer.
>>
The last chapter of Jeeg Hiryuden will be out by tomorrow.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.