[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /m/ think about "The Transformers: Super-God

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

What does /m/ think about "The Transformers: Super-God Masterforce"?
>>
It's like a prototype Brave show.
>>
>>14749611
>The Transformers: Super-God Masterforce"?
>Not: Super Robot Lifeform Transformers: Super-God Masterforce
At least get the fucking Japanese title right anon.
>>
>>14749611
I actually really like Masterforce reminds me of a proto-dagwon specifically. Plus I'm always down for more headmasters, I've always loved that gimmick for some reason
>>
>>14749611
It's the best Japanese-made Transformers. They did a fantastic job capturing G1's Saturday Morning Cartoon style while also making something entirely new. It felt like Transformers in a way that Headmasters and Victory never really managed to, but it also felt more distinct than either of those two shows.

I also liked the progression from pretenders to headmaster juniors to masterforce to Super/God Ginrai. It provided a steady escalation of threats and responses without just sidelining old characters (well, except for the pretenders) as new ones came in.

Ginrai and the Headmaster Juniors were a likable bunch. They had a lot of parallels to what Beast Wars would do later, especially Ginrai and Optimus Primal havibg the reluctant leader growing into his role character arc. Ginrai starts out in a very different place than Primal, though, so it still feels fresh even if you've already seen it in Beast Wars.

God Ginrai and Overlord's designs are great. I need more toys of both.
>>
>>14749611
It was way better than it had any business being. Trash concept, good execution.
>>
>>14749611
Loved Masterforce. My favourite of the 3 G1 animes. My only complaint is the Autobot Pretenders aside from Metalhawk fall to the wayside after the Autobot Godmasters are introduced, but I guess that also fits in with the theme of the series that Humans are the ones stepping up to defend the Earth.
>>
It's super, thanks for asking.
>>
>>14749611
am i the only one who enjoyed japanese transformers?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.