[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats /m/s thoughts on AC Gen 5? (V-VD), it seems to be like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 5-2.jpg (217KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
5-2.jpg
217KB, 1280x720px
Whats /m/s thoughts on AC Gen 5? (V-VD), it seems to be like a minority passionately enjoy it because apparently, "it takes more skill", but personally I cannot get used to it compared to all the other AC games.
>>
>>14747122
I love the feeling of movement in VD.
Feels clunky and fast.
VD was also my first game though.
>>
>>14747122
I prefer the general art style, designs, and gameplay of ACFA/AC4 but I felt like ACV/VD decided to be more team-based/tactical which in its own way worked.

For the next AC them i would prefer a return to the For Answer speed of gameplay.
>>
Biggest complaint I have is that it is designed to be played pretty much only in Japan, the netcode in typical FROM fashion is written with the asumption it's connecting people who live relatively close to one another.

It ties to the other problems perceived of the games, namely how well the damage system is implemented. The idea of working as a 4 unit hit team plus operator falls apart when lag sets in and makes it impossible to scout and spec damage optimally.

At any rate, VD at the least is a game whose highs are pretty damn high. There's a lot of meat to the game even as the single player comes off as being at its most anemic. The UNACS system is pretty much a game in its own right, one with little to no documentation making it a massive barrier to entry for what is ostensibly a sequel to Formula Front.
>>
I like it apart from the KCE element/resistance aspect.
Not so bad in single player as you can just try again with a better loadout on seeing what you're up against, but there's no do-overs in multiplayer.
>>
File: wp9_1280.jpg (277KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
wp9_1280.jpg
277KB, 1280x1024px
Overall I found int underwhelming. The reworked movement system was a step up from the "QB spam" of fA, and the levee designs were a huge improvement. I also liked the multiplayer only mega-bosses.

What I didn't like was how having a team was pretty much mandatory, and as >>14747250 said, the KCE defensive balance meant having a well-balanced mech was nearly impossible, instead you needed a well-balanced team. Neat in concept but didn't handle itself very well. Sure you could become a freelance pilot but don't count on ever making a profit, on top of worrying about the hiring team killing you when its over so they don't have to pay you. I also didn't like the overall mech design. It wasn't awful but everything just looked the same, especially compared to the older games where there was way more part diversity.

It had some concepts I'd like to see returned in AC6, like mega-bosses and garage customization, but overall I want the next game to leave most aspects of ACV behind
>>
>>14747122
i like its mech designs and the ui overall its pretty good but the team system kills the game.
>>
File: ACV VD blueberry.jpg (59KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
ACV VD blueberry.jpg
59KB, 720x405px
>>14747292

>I also didn't like the overall mech design. It wasn't awful but everything just looked the same, especially compared to the older games where there was way more part diversity.

This was one of the huge things I hated about the ACV games.

Tons and tons of parts are just copy pasted versions of each other for more or less armor plates slapped on them. And that went for all the weapons too.

I really missed how it was in the older games where every part was unique looking.

>the KCE defensive balance meant having a well-balanced mech was nearly impossible

The defense stat system was awful. In the older games you could pick parts you though looked cool and use them because while they might not be the best part in the game, they were still usable. But in ACV/VD doing that would get you killed in literal seconds by certain damage types because the parts you think look cool have garbage defense stats that might be all over the place, or all in one stat, which just fucks you over.

Oh, I also hated how they implemented the "Over Weapons". I hated that they were one time use, one hit KO stuff. Like jesus christ, just make them weaker and give them an ammo count. I dont want to lug around these fucking things, that are a huge detriment overall to my AC, for a one time shot that can easily miss its target.

There were many, many, many times I wanted to drag those chainsaws, or the big railgun around with me, but I remembered I only get one use out of it, and then never bothered. It would have been great to have those chainsaws with multiple uses so I could pop them out several times in a mission for when shit gets hairy with lots of enemies, or several big enemies.
>>
>>14747325
Those chainsaws were cool as shit.
>>
>>14747122
V was a bit of a drag, I enjoyed Verdict Day alright, and I think it fixed most of V's mechanical issues.

I guess I'd like to see a return to the warring corporations cyberpunk kind of theme, not because I hold any particular regard for the old games, but because it was kind of a core part of the series the absence of which was keenly felt. Fourth generation managed it fine, it's just gone yonder after that. I'm not too keen on multiplayer focus, mostly because I don't really do it, but being a team also seems to be largely at odds with the typical lone mercenary thing.

There's nothing wrong with experimenting, but I reckon they ought to either conclude it and return to form, or experiment in some new direction.

>>14747336
I never really got them. Sure, the grind blade is cool, but the mass blade had more damage, longer reach, shorter charge time, more uses, a wider arc, less weight, less energy drain, less damage from use plus (and this is the real key) it doesn't eject your entire goddamn left arm and everything on it (seriously, only the grind blade does that, why?)
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.