[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone needs to explain to me what the fuck they were thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: mZ4Boc0.jpg (159KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
mZ4Boc0.jpg
159KB, 1366x768px
Someone needs to explain to me what the fuck they were thinking with this character and why she's in this show.
>>
>>14728735
t. Freyjacuck
>>
>>14728735
Kawa mori wanted a show where each pilot was paired up with an idol. Sponsors said no, there needs to be a love triangle. Kawamori said fine, but she's not going to do anything.
>>
>>14728735
>Someone needs to explain to me what the fuck they were thinking with this character and why she's in this show.

I think it's fair to say the writers didn't know what they were doing. Seriously go look at how Mirage is depicted in first 2-3 episodes of Delta, to how she's nullified during the whole middle of the show to magically becoming Max's second coming in the last couple of episodes. This clearly show there were troubles in the writer's room.
>>
>>14728735
Kawamori was gonna make her Max with tits but he already made Messer so she got stuck in this really awkward position of being a hapless almost love interest, mentor and mediator for Hayate and Freyja's drama.
>>
>>14728790
>in this really awkward position of being a hapless almost love interest, mentor and mediator for Hayate and Freyja's drama.
While at the same time not doing really much any of this
>>
>>14728735
Remember the whole Mikono and Zessica clusterfuck? This time Kawamori doesn't have Okada to lay the blame on and hide behind, the complete fuck up that was the second half is enterely on his hands
>>
I feel like Mirage only exists so people can screen cap scenes of her getting hurt.
>>
>>14728795
That was actually a bit worse though because it was essentially a reversal of what's happening here. In Evol, the girl who was perfect and had all the best qualities for the MC got shafted hard for no reason. Here, the girl that got shafted wasn't doing much of anything to begin with
>>
>>14728735
Useless elf, best elf.
>>
>>14728815
Because she was made to not do anything useful, to stop a reaction like the whole Aquarion Evol from ever happening he destroyed the character from the very start, too bad the staff still bitched and now we know that it was supposed to be different and Kawamori already got bored and jumped to another anime, so we are just getting a remix of Evol with Delta
>>
>>14728735

Good character concept that was never allowed to do anything important so she just sort of became dead weight. It would only take one or two good scenes for her to be fine, but so much of the show got sucked into the gravity well of Freya and Hayate's relationship and song buffs that a lot of the other characters became cardboard cutouts for lack of screentime. Mirage is far from the only character to get this treatment, but it seems like much worse of a betrayal for her because of how many implicit promises were made given her focus and setup.

No one ever really expected Reina to be a major focus of the show, but damn near everything from the promotional material to the opening credits to the first couple episodes told us that Mirage was a major character. And that never came true, she has never been anything but a wingman.
>>
should have just adapted 'the ride'.
>>
>>14728949

Why? What makes The Ride any good?
>>
>>14728970
It's a really simple story. Basically nothing but school life and VF tournaments
>>
So, uh who /won/?
Haven't been watching or keeping up with the breads.
>>
>>14728898
Everyone not Hayate and Freya got their character completely shafted, every single other Walkure just became a waste of space, Kaname who was supposed to be the leader and important as the one who went around making the group work disappeared from the story after Messer did, her whole shtick about liking Arad go dropped, Reina and Makina never amounted to anything at all, Chuck literally disappeared after his sister died, Arad, the fucking leader of the group, also disappeared along with their Commander, I kind of agree with the other anon, this really feels like another version of Evol on steroids because every single character disappeared from the story so we can focus on the retarded romance that does not move forward
>>
>>14729003
Freyja won in episode 1.
>>
>>14729034
>Freyja won in episode 1.

Mirage wasn't even in the race and that continued for 24 episodes straight. And now 2 episodes from the end she's basically the leader and Freyja has to fight to keep the Hayatebowl. Delta is fucking retarded from a to z Kawamori should be sacked and never allowed to touch a Macross project ever again.
>>
>>14729003
Freyja is winning but also dying.
>>
>>14729140
Only the dead can know peace from Shoji.
>>
>>14729140
>Freyja is winning but also dying.

I get it !! This is the frying pan and the exploding ninja moment of Delta. All we need is a little Roid going rapy against Mikumo and we're all set for the grand finale.
>>
>>14729138
>not allowing the creator to work on his own material
I honestly can't tell if you retards know how stupid you sound.
>>
>>14729623
>t. prequel apologist
>>
>>14729140

To be fair Sheryl had the exact same thing, before getting a last second miracle cure.
>>
>>14729403

>Roid Rape
>>
>>14729623
>>not allowing the creator to work on his own materialI honestly can't tell if you retards know how stupid you sound

So I guess when Kawamori bites the dust we ain't getting no more Macross ever ? Because if that is what you're infering then you definitely sound more stupid than me.

Kawamori is good for one thing only : mecha design. Each time he dips his hands in the storytelling business what comes out is shit. Zero was new age shit. Arjuna was new age shit. Aquarion Evol was new age shit.
Frontier was saved by the bell. But Delta doesn't have that bell anymore so it will end up shit. The Vision of Escaflowne was mediocre at best, shit at worst.

Having seen the shit Kawamori produces (outside of mecha design) I want someone with storytelling talent to come up with the next iteration of Macross. And if that offends Macross fags sucking Kawamori's dick I don't give a flying fuck.
>>
>>14729738
Someone needs to steal his weed stash, otherwise he won't be able to think properly.
>>
File: wrong.jpg (24KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.jpg
24KB, 500x380px
>>14729738
>The Vision of Escaflowne was mediocre at best, shit at worst.
>>
>>14729138
>And now 2 episodes from the end she's basically the leader
In what universe are you watching Delta? Mirage didn't progress even a little bit in this love triangle. And it seems she actually gave up on Hayate because she knows he cares only about Freyja.
I usually agree with majority of complains about Delta, but this one is beyond retarded.
>>
>>14728735
>babby's first Macross

Love triangles are one of the biggest elements that goes into any Macross story.
>>
>>14729738
>The Vision of Escaflowne was mediocre at best, shit at worst.

Only people with shit taste think this.
>>
>>14730142

Love triangle, music, and planes that are also robots.

You can play around with the details of each, but that's the macross recipe.
>>
>>14730142
>Love triangles are one of the biggest elements that goes into any Macross story.

Right angle triangles, scalene triangles, equilateral triangles,isosceles triangles etc... With all the possible triangles to choose from, Kawamori made Delta's triangle a crooked one.
>>
>>14730142
That's not answering the OP question at all.
>>
>>14730366
They though they need a character Freyjafans can bully and laugh at.
>>
>>14728986
>Basically nothing but school life
Lot of Macross fans would hate this for the same reason they hate Frontier. Also
>VF tournaments
not muh macross complaints.
>>
>>14730583

I wouldn't mind a VF competition being the basis of a movie or an OVA series, but I wouldn't want that to be a whole show. Its interesting, but clearly a side story.
>>
>>14728735
No real reason
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.