/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

and its official crossbone adaptation > Out of 43,878 votes,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 18

File: crossbone_gundam_cover.jpg (160KB, 970x546px) Image search: [Google]
crossbone_gundam_cover.jpg
160KB, 970x546px
and its official crossbone adaptation
>
Out of 43,878 votes, Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam got the most votes with 39% as final tally. We'll see more news about the next UC series on the upcoming events if they are really going to release a full animated adaptation for the Crossbone Gundam. Stay tuned for more info!
>>
I wanted to see Bright to sign his own son's death sentence, but that's cool too.
>>
>>14724126
>its official

>We'll see more news about the next UC series on the upcoming events if they are really going to release
>if

Nothing is guaranteed.
>>
>>14724126
No F91, no Crossbone.
Next person.
>>
>>14724126
http://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2016/09/crossbone-gundam-wins-universal-century.html
>>
Now some decent character designs
>>
>>14724131
yeah its a shame
>>
so does this mean theyll make another mg of the crossbone?
>>
File: EMS-06_NEX-A.jpg (43KB, 341x479px) Image search: [Google]
EMS-06_NEX-A.jpg
43KB, 341x479px
i really want a kit of the batara
>>
>>14724126
Hopefully something actually comes of this, remember the poll about the woundwort kit?
>>
>>14724126
I wanted a new late UC series...SAD!
>>
>>14724561
Crossbone is late UC though
>>
>>14724561
Crossbone is set between F91 and Victory.
>>
It's not like Bandai is gonna base their next big animated series on the results of some online poll. They do this sort of thing all the time with Gunpla but always end up releasing whatever they feel like.
>>
>>14724561
wew
>>
>>14724552

There was also the time Barzam won a poll on which extra MS to include in Unicorn that got shafted in favor of the Zeta+.
>>
I would rather have a Gundam Sentinel series than Crossbone.

Sentinel has much better mobile suit designs than Crossbone.
>>
>>14724564
>>14724566
>>14724573

I meant late late UC...post-Victory stuff
>>
>>14724582
So G-Savior or later.
>>
>>14724578
>Barzam
>not BarGM
Wasted opportunity there.
>>14724579
I think they still have licensing issues regarding sentinel
>>
>>14724586
Yes.
>>
>>14724586
Not him, but between Victory and G-Saviour would also be interesting. And then there's Gaia Gear.
>>
Anything affiliated with Tomino is a no.
Retelling UC stories are welcome.
>>
>>14724582
Crossbone: Dust
>>
>>14724597
Isn't Gaia Gear basically an AU at this point?
>>
File: 1328202095584.jpg (436KB, 1800x1325px) Image search: [Google]
1328202095584.jpg
436KB, 1800x1325px
>>14724578
>>14724588
Barzam?
>>
File: 1470252517079.jpg (405KB, 1274x954px) Image search: [Google]
1470252517079.jpg
405KB, 1274x954px
>>14724677
Barzam
>>
>>14724582
Wut
>>
>>14724715
>random namefag

Why
>>
>>14724607
>let's retell UC stories
>except most of them because lolTomino
wew
>>
>>14724572
People dont understand these polls. they are only a tool to see if the direction or decision they are making matches that of the consumer.
>>14724552
That was a poll to see something animated in build fighters for the cameo episode. Woundwort was animated. I think you just misread a news site posting the reason for the poll since the most visited ones cant read the jp.
>>
>>14724806
>People dont understand these polls. they are only a tool to see if the direction or decision they are making matches that of the consumer.
If their 'direction' is less pleasing (aka, going to make less money) to their consumers then maybe, just maybe, they should change it to match.

Unless they just hate money, of course.
>>
>
Final results are up for the "Which next Mobile Suit gundam UC series would you like to see" poll twitted by the official Unicorn Gundam official twitter account on Saturday [September 10, 2016].
It's the Unicorn twitter, even? And UC2 came in at a distant third? How sad.
>>
>>14724806
>>14724552
And Woundwort didnt even win it. The Xi did but the animators threw us a bone and animated the Woundy for 3 seconds.
>>
Why was UC2 even an option? Did Fukui crank out some new books about the rise of GRORIOUS JION yet again, or are they just planning to whip up a Unicorn Destiny on their own?
>>
>>14724857
There's one book from 2015 with two side stories.
>>
so how long until we see clone Newtype monkeys animated?
>>
File: Crossbone Anime.png (503KB, 793x1006px) Image search: [Google]
Crossbone Anime.png
503KB, 793x1006px
>crossbone
>animated
>>
I don't want Crossbone to ever be animated because the opfor suit design is fucking trash.
>>
would they ever animate the other Crossbone stuff? the original can work well but the others.... not so sure.
>>
>>14724625
Basically, it's lower than an AU.

But it is a post-0153 UC story, and with a little tweaking (which is inevitable with these print-to-anime adaptations) it could fit in the current continuity.
>>
>>14724857

You do realise that Sunrise hired Fukui to write Unicorn and gave him some points they wanted hm to include because they intended to turn his novels in to OVAs from the start? He didn't just write them, show them to Sunrise and get permission to publish, because that's not how publishing works. There are a few exceptions that roughly follow those lines, but most don't and not only has Sunrise confirmed Unicorn was always meant to be animated as soon as they conceived it, but Fukui has publicly knocked elements of the finale, like the God Corn.

If there was a UC2 Sunrise would be the one deciding a lot of the elements, same as they do any Gundam animation, where directors and script writers are given plot points and settings and told to fill them in and use them, not making them up all on their own.

Even Tomino faced that stricture with 0079, since he was told to make a giant robot sci fi and almost certainly had other restrictions, including not being allowed to make the ships and mechs the design he wanted. He made those elements work, but he still had them to deal with.

Personally I would prefer a completely new show, n late UC or an AU and am not a fan of Crossbone, but they probably included the option of UC2 since the first made them money and that's all they really care about.
>>
>>14726437
The only thing that's trash is your taste.
>>
>>14724126
Well that's kind of cool I guess, but I wonder how many people are aware of how dumb Crossbone is. Not even Unicorn had enough re-writing to unfuck itself.

>>14726437
Well Katoki's Crossbone design was a big improvement, and since Bandai seem painfully aware of how little people liked Zanscare suits I imagine there'd be some redesigns at least. Not all the designs are bad, I mean this thing >>14724161 is actually quite neat.

That's just part of what needs doing, they also need to go back to Yas or whoever it was who cleaned up the Thunderbolt character designs for the OVAs.

>>14726448
Hopefully the chances of that are about as high as the rest of Thunderbolt getting adapted.
>>
>>14726473
>Well Katoki's Crossbone design was a big improvement
Fuck no it wasn't. He took interesting and cool designs and turned them into the most generic and run-of-the-mill blandatrons imaginable.
>>
>>14726489
>waaaah he took the ugly scribbles and made the design something that actually looks like an assembled machine instead of a cartoon character
>>
They damn well bring back Kappei to voice Tobia.
>>
>>14726493
Gundam is a cartoon, anon.
>>
It would be nice if they geninuely build on the setting of Crossbone and show that Jewpiter were behind every spacenoid movement, initially just to get a better deal on Helium 3 trade until they eventually come to believe that they were real successor of the human race and have no qualm playing the Earthsphere against each other. Much better than UC's Angels and Demons with Gundam plot.
>>
>>14724126
>People voted for the most shallow story on the list

What the fuck is wrong with people?
>>
Gotta wait for shitty Orphans to be over if we have any hopes for an AU poll.
>>
>>14726511
because "OMG FUCKING SPACE PIRATES LMAO SO COOL"
>>
It'll be nice to see an animated version of all the mad bastard stuff from Jupiter.
>>
>>14726499
>Much better than UC's Angels and Demons with Gundam plot.
I've been waiting for someone else to make this comparison, though I always use The Da Vinci Code. The Da Vist-AE Code.
>>
>>14726511
because Tobia is not a faggot
>>
>>14726511
muh Judau
>>
>>14724806
Oh look here's Derringer doing damage control again
>>
>>14724677
This is amazing! Now I want them all!
>>
>>14726536
But Dogatie and the rest of the cast are so fucking lame
>>
File: EXVSFB Full Cloth.jpg (701KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
EXVSFB Full Cloth.jpg
701KB, 1280x720px
>people worried about character designs
why? I doubt they'd use the Hasegawa style character designs. they'd pretty them up, his designs are to old school to resonate with today's viewers.

but I'm more interested in the MS designs. how many will change? I doubt the Quavarze would be changed but some might. they'd probably even make more designs.
>>
>>14726583
>Dogatie and the rest of the cast are so fucking lame
They're really IBO tier moustache twirling villains. They're easily some of the worst written in Gundam (although there's quite possibly a whole league of worse ones in the many untranslated manga)
>>
They won't make an anime since they can't milk gunpla out of it.

Only here on /m/ do people give a shit about anything that's not Crossbone Gundam.
>>
>>14726734
>muh gunpla
If they'd make an anime they'd make more designs it's not rocket science
>>
>>14726685
Yeah, that's one of the things I don't get about people who like it. Tomino Gundams are known to have villains that people think are cool. Tomino put his own fucked up thoughts into them. Dogatie is just evil because he is minus like 2 pages given to him in the last volume.
>>
How about another 0079 knock off?
>>
>>14724137
>No F91
>
>>
I want an AoZ anime, or one of the Arc Performance manga.

Why can't we have anything good?
>>
>>14726734
>they can't milk gunpla out of it.
They can sell infinite X-1s, X-2s and X-3s
>>
>>14726734
>Implying gruntfags wouldn't love the fuck out of the Zondo Gei and Flint
>>
>>14727242
Gruntfags have had years to demand Bandai make a Flint kit.
Wouldn't be at all hard to repurpose the Crossbone molds for the job.

They've kept their mouths shut on that front.
>>
File: Crossbone-beat you up.jpg (463KB, 728x1388px) Image search: [Google]
Crossbone-beat you up.jpg
463KB, 728x1388px
>Hasegawa's wild ride animated
I look forward to it.

I'm curious how true to the manga it'll be? will they completely change it or just straight adapt it?
>>
Crossbone with even Thunderbolt budget would be awesome.

Hasegawa's crazy ass arrangement of weapons would be a sight to see.
>>
>>14727242
I fucking love the Zondo Gei. It's a tiny-ass battle dwarf mobile suit that tries its damnedest to stay relevant, and ultimately goes out in a blaze of glory.
>>
>>14727633
I hope they follow the manga and leave it all in especially the best Gundam jack ever in all of Gundam is found here too.
>>
>>14727694
Is that the one that's shorter than a Ball?

To think that Umon lived long enough to pilot a true Mobile Suit smaller than the Mobile Pod he piloted in his youth...
>>
>>14727715
original crossbone could be followed fairly easily but anything past that, I doubt it.
>>
>>14724806
>MG line is dead
>Thunderbolt is announced months later
kys
>>
>>14727730
I think Skull Heart and Steel Seven could be included if they breezed past it, and if the post-Dogatie Skull Heart and Steel Seven stuff was sequestered into OVAs or one film.

I don't know what Ghost would be worth getting, but the parts translated by Zeonic were promising, at the very least. I really like Rothko, and the way history is repeating itself, and the introduction of Angel's Call, although I'm not a fan of... a bunch of other small elements. And I'd love to see another try at a translation of the name "Thoucus."
>>
I'm interested in the continuation of Ghost since it's gonna shed more light on Zanscare.

And might even go past Victory.
>>
File: elecopte_ma.jpg~original.jpg (127KB, 400x365px) Image search: [Google]
elecopte_ma.jpg~original.jpg
127KB, 400x365px
For Crossbone, would you want Hasegawa's mecha to be redesigned, in the way that old MSVs were touched up for Unicorn? Or would you want the raw glorious Hasegawa proportions?
>>
>>14727722
Yep, the guy is only 10 meters tall, and barely has enough juice in its generator to power the regular-sized beam shield mounted on its left arm, and can't use other beam weapons of any kind. I would've loved to see a single one survive and get souped up by an enthusiast, or strap one to a Psycho Zaku's backpack and let him charge in with a heat hawk.
>>
>>14727761
cleaned up with weird proportions
>>
>>14727741
I doubt they'd do Steel seven, too many people die in it. we haven't had a death death gundam series in decades.
>>
>>14727761
Redesigned by the Unicorn guy for more tacticoolness.
>>
File: Quavarze manga.jpg (97KB, 834x1188px) Image search: [Google]
Quavarze manga.jpg
97KB, 834x1188px
>>14727761
long as they don't touch my quavarze I'm good.
>>
>>14727781
>we haven't had a death death gundam series in decades

I wouldn't say decades, unless you're referring to main characters.

Sure, they were red-shirts and nameless soldiers (who probably had their own families) but SEED had people getting nuked by microwaves. Shit was fucking brutal.
>>
>>14727798
>Seed was 14 years ago
and yeah gundams have nameless mooks die all the time. but S7 kills off more than half the named cast.
>>
>>14727761
We shouldn't kid ourselves. They'll be Katoki'd or Ebikawa'd.
>>
Whatever is the actual next UC project is already planned and being worked on due to production and kit timing.

At the very best we wouldn't see anything crossbone animated if that wasn't the original plan for at least 1-2 years depending on how fast they rushed it. And that's assuming that this isn't just a meaningless poll to generate hype for whatever the next actual UC project is.
>>
I actually kind of want Crossbone to get animated just to see people's reactions when they find out it's actually immensely dumb.

I still can't believe the main villain's motivation was that he was angry the Federation made him marry a woman he came to love. Just, everything about and around that entire concept was so unfathomably idiotic I still can't believe anyone okayed it.

I also can't believe that the sequels only got dumber.
>>
File: msm-08.jpg (58KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
msm-08.jpg
58KB, 400x400px
>>14727913
Well yeah, we already have Crossbone Ver Ka. But the Crossbones are pretty ok designs to start with, I was talking about the various goofy mooks which are 'Okawara at his worst'-tier.
>>
>>14724137
This only means that they will be doing an F91 adaptation.
>>
>>14727761
Katoki the shit out of the mechs. Get another artist to completely redesign the characters.

Hasegawa's art is too fucking awful and not in a charmingly ugly way like ONE's art in Mob.
>>
They'll shock everyone and the next Gundam series will be Sentinel through some sort of legal wizardry.
>>
File: 1404890969686.jpg (115KB, 850x861px) Image search: [Google]
1404890969686.jpg
115KB, 850x861px
>>14727966
I am talking about those, not the gundams. Katoki has redone a couple of the Zanscar stuff from victory and they were pretty goofy as well. I think he redid a couple of the Jupiter empire stuff in his own style too but I can't recall which ones.
>>
Just what I didn't want, Tobia Sue, Crossbone bandwagoners, Zabine's character assassination, Cecily losing development, Hackgawa character designs
>>
>>14727781
Just because they've gone a long time doesn't mean they won't do it again. That's like going back in time and saying they'll never do a Gundam series where a bunch of the main cast doesn't die. Also, it's a Seven Samurai homage, and how could they say a ripoff of a classic film won't be digestible.

Fun fact, Steel Seven isn't the only Seven Samurai homage in the Gundam franchise. Can anyone tell me what other spinoff references Seven Samurai?
>>
>>14724590
>>14724597
We have one last year.
The name's G-Reco
>>
File: Tobiah GARonax.jpg (512KB, 1200x1697px) Image search: [Google]
Tobiah GARonax.jpg
512KB, 1200x1697px
>>14724141
>pic related artist will never be the one to do this
No homo, but it's pretty neat

>>14727222
AoZ would need to be a TV series - and really why has this not happened? There's enough material for numerous series depending on how quickly it all got adapted, and in a way it's self contained enough for new audiences to not need to have seen Zeta.

The Arc Performance stuff is great too, I don't know which option would be best for that because it deserves OVA visuals but there's also a lot of it.
>>
File: aozr1a.jpg (202KB, 960x810px) Image search: [Google]
aozr1a.jpg
202KB, 960x810px
>>14729122
AoZ hasn't had a series yet because I believe Dengeki Hobby owns the rights to it. Seems like it's the same story with Model Grafix and Sentinel- they have to be licensed out for a fee everytime the use it.
>>
>>14729205
That strikes me as really odd, Dengeki have funded plenty of other anime adaptations of their own works. Surely they'd be happy to take a seat on a production comittee if one was ever chaired?
>>
>>14726448
The original and Steel Seven could work.

SH...maybe? It's all silly shit but it could make decent one shot web series fodder I guess but the original and S7 are what's needed and the original appearance (chronologically in universe) appearance of the Skull Heart can be changed and shoehorned into S7.
>>
>>14728280
>That's like going back in time and saying they'll never do a Gundam series where a bunch of the main cast doesn't die
but thats wrong. Main characters have died in Gundam since 0079 its not new. however new gundam stuff rarely have large major character deaths. (excluding villains they tend to die all the time, heck I think only AWX is the only series where main villains don't die) having half the cast of S7 die, I don't see that happening if animated.
>>14729379
Skull heart would be an easy to make OVA bonus round, similar to Try Island. no purpose apart from some good old fun. but would they? beats me.
>>
>>14728002

>Get another artist to completely redesign the characters.

Considering that the character designs were completely redone for the video games (first being in SRW Alpha 2), I don't see why they wouldn't un-Hasegawa it for a hypothetical Crossbone anime

The more "important" question is will they remove the pointless enough nudity?
>>
>>14729434
To be fair almost all of the people that die in S7 are former enemies from Crossbone in a tenuously-shaky alliance.
>>
>>14729514

To be fair they pretty much volunteered for the mission due to how impossible the mission was

Tobia (CV): Blinded
Minoru (SNRI): Lived only to died a few years later after marrying Rosemary
Mitchell (SNRI): Died
Giri (Former JE): Died
Rosemary (Former JE): Lived only to die in Crossbone Ghost
Burns (Former JE): Died
Europa (Former JE): Died
>>
>>14729546
>only to die in Crossbone Ghost

Goddammit I didn't want to read that or even know of this spoiler's existence. Did someone translate Ghost further or are the translations still only up to the Curtis vs Rear Shrike Team battle?
>>
>>14729564
we know this because of spoiler images from 2chan. no one has translated it. heck iirc she's taken out like nothing.
>>
>>14728342
G-Reco took place before G-Saviour?

>>14729434
I think you misunderstood what I was saying. If in the early days, main characters died in Gundam series all the time, and in more recent days, main characters rarely die in Gundam series... it changed from one state to the other. So why can't it change again?
>>
>>14730654
>So why can't it change again?
cause its a different genre now thats why.
>>
>>14730654
>in the early days, main characters died in Gundam series all the time
Is that really true though? The only 'main' cast character that died in 0079 was Ryu, everyone else that died was either an antagonist or a minor character, and those deaths fairly far between. I haven't finished Zeta, but I don't recall hearing of more than a couple main cast deaths, and most other series (excepting Victory) are the same. I don't think Gundam is usually the suicide squad level main character bloodbath some people seem to recall.
>>
>>14731494
>I haven't finished Zeta
Boy are you in for a ride
>>
>>14731494

The vast majority of main character deaths in Zeta are in the last few episodes. That's true of every Gundam bar Victory, and even then only if you count the Shrike Team as main characters.
>>
>>14731544
What other Gundam shows have a large amount of main character deaths in the last few episodes though? All that comes to mind is the first season of 00 (and even then, most of them were really more bit characters).
>>
>>14731547

When you get down to it, who actually died even at the end of Zeta? Emma, Katz, Apolly and Henken are really it. And most of them are secondary characters, or even tertiary. Everyone else is an enemy. Sarah, Jerid, Scirocco, Bask etc are all enemies, and they die fairly often in Gundam.
>>
>>14724126
Nothing is official. Poll means nothing.
>>
With all the crazy UC stories right at the moment, Crossbone would fit super well.

Imagine if Crossbone is animated in OVA like Thunderbolt, would be super awesome.
>>
>tfw hyped for Crossbone
>realise I'll probably have to sit through the shitstain that is Skullheart and Steel7 because I'm a completionist
>>
If Crossbone does get adapted expect a few big retcons and a complete redesign/refit of all the major suits.

I expect a different villain motivation and toneing down of the capes.
>>
>>14724578
>Barzam
I think the best part is that every other MS in that poll got to show up, but Barzam (the winner) didn't.
>>
>>14732140

The sad thing that is, even if they ever do animate a Barzam again it'll probably be the Refined Barzam, which is basically just a Mk II and features none of the distinct elements that make the Barzam so charming. I love the Mk II as well, but I dislike the Refined Barzam for being a charmless half way horse that gets rid of everything that made the Barzam itself so nice.
>>
>>14732470
I honestly don't see the appeal of the Barzam at all. It's just a generic blue suit with no gimmicks, why the fuck does it have meme status?
>>
>>14732517

I don't know about anyone else but I like it's lack of a real waist, the giant crotch and the big horn off memory. There might be a few other nice touches I'm forgetting too. It gives it a goofy but charming look.
>>
File: Rms-154-barzam-aoz.jpg (2MB, 2100x1996px) Image search: [Google]
Rms-154-barzam-aoz.jpg
2MB, 2100x1996px
>>14732517
>doesn't love this sexy beast
>>
>>14729434
Yeah idk if they will, but they could make it like island fighters.

Og crossbones and S7 are a must though.
>>
>>14732565
Yeah, because I don't get it. It has minimal screentime in Zeta and holds nothing unique to its name. I get why Baund Doc is a meme. I get why Qubeley, Psyco-G, Hyaku-Shiki, MkII, The O, etc are popular and sometimes memetic. I literally do not understand why the Barzam is the same.
>>
>>14732574

It doesn't need to have a gimmick, lots of screen time or feats to be liked. Sometimes a fun design is enough. Hence why the mobile armors in 0079 are beloved by a few people as well.
>>
File: 3156060-image2.jpg (64KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
3156060-image2.jpg
64KB, 600x800px
>>14732574
you underestimate the Barzam. his power is ultimate.
>>
>>14732574
>vagina cannon
>not memetastic as fug
Are you just dumb, or gay?
>>
>>14732609
Its a cooter booster, not a cannon.
>>
File: RB1.jpg (570KB, 1390x1678px) Image search: [Google]
RB1.jpg
570KB, 1390x1678px
Barzam is love
>>
>>14732609
>meme vagina cannon
>it isn't even a cannon
>>
>>14726473
>That's just part of what needs doing, they also need to go back to Yas or whoever it was who cleaned up the Thunderbolt character designs for the OVAs.

I'm a little late I know, but it was Hirotoshi Takaya.
>>
kinda extremely late to the party here, but why can't I see download links anywhere on Zeonics site? I have a bunch of chapters and volumes of things they released in the past (most of those i got from /m/ actually) and since I've long lost the habit of cleaning my HD and not DLing things I was thinking about deleting them, but that would be stupid If I can't find the scans to DL again in case I want a re-read.
>>
>>14732655

>sneaked a drum-frame into Barzam

based Fujioka
>>
>>14724677
whats with all the "Dick Cannons"?
>>
>>14724126
Shame. Hopefully they ignore Crossbone and just do Hathaway's Flash instead.
>>
>>14724126
>expecting Bandai to ever honor an online poll
I'M STILL FUCKING WAITING FOR BARZAM TO SHOW UP IN UNICORN, EVEN IN UNICORN TV THERE IS NO FUCKING BARZAM
>>
>>14740884
Here's what they should do.

>Adapt Hathaway's Flash.
>Occasionally insert scenes of unnamed business magnates watching the developments through the media.
>These magnates obviously have some family connection to each other.
>They laugh at the pathetic Federation's impending stagnation and handling of the Mafty terrorists.
>After the HF story proper ends, we see the aging Scharnhorst Ronah and younger Meitzer and Engeist overlooking Round Island and the construction of what will become the Crossbone Vanguard training grounds.
>Kenneth Sleg introduces himself to the Ronahs, expressing his wish to help their Crossbone Vanguard destroy the Federation, avenging Hathaway.

>Remake F91.
>Continue the story past Carozzo's death.
>Tell a story that spans the five years from Carozzo's death to the disappearance of the Mother Vanguard.
>End with a mysterious shot of the Mother Vanguard overlooking Jupiter.

>Adapt Crossbone.

It's all connected, flowing from one to the next.
>>
>>14741432
That would be the sensible thing (and really fucking great), but sadly sense and planning for Gundam series never go hand in hand.
>>
File: Diona.jpg (90KB, 496x567px) Image search: [Google]
Diona.jpg
90KB, 496x567px
Diona model please.
>>
>>14741484

It might be sensible, but it's also expensive. In time as well as money, since you're looking at the release of two full TV shows as well as one OVA or film (Hathaway's Flash). Which would take a few years, during which they'd mostly be making shows that advertise pre-existing kits and media. It's not even that it's kind of incestuous to remake previous content (Sunrise have done it before after all), but it also takes away from potential sales of any new shows and kits they might make in the at least 3 years all that stuff will take to come out. And realistically, it's probably closer to 5. Sunrise make new Gundam shows on an accelerated schedule these days from a consumer stand point, but subsequent ones aren't really connected and the planning that goes on in the background to make them can take years and means successive shows are normally disconnected. Unless you want to count seasons of the same show as different, like 00 and IBO.

Sunrise would definitely get someoney back off new versions of existing kits, home media, character merchandise and so on - but it's not likely to be enough to offset the cost of production, the time taken to do it and loss of potential sales. At least in their eyes. I doubt it'd even work out in reality either.

Really, if they did do that they should just start at the start with 0079 again and do better foreshadowing of various entities as well as including more content on AE, and various Zeon factions, like the people in Side 3 that opposed them and so on along with giving better accounts of what Sayla, Kamille, Judau and others did with themselves in the end.

It's a nice idea, even a sensible one in many ways. It's not a particularly practical or cost effective one though.
>>
>>14741613
Good points, but I think an "F92" series could include lots of new designs, MSs produced after the death of Carozzo. Those designs would be constrained to the Formula era aesthetic, but I think it would be the same concept as making new OYW designs in 0080, 08th MS, MS Igloo, MS Igloo 2, and Thunderbolt. Except, of course, that people don't have the same nostalgia for the Formula era as they do for 0079.

With Crossbone and especially Hathaway's Flash, it's hard to imagine a bunch of new designs. But those two works are the ones some Sunrise/Bamco Twitter guy already knows fans have interest in seeing adapted.

I could've included Beltorchika's Children in my plan too. But maybe it'd be more efficient to just start an HF animation with a flashback to Hathaway killing Quess instead of Chan.
>>
>>14741432
No need to remake F91, I'd hate you if you tried. Gundam has never linked itself between series that hard and there's no reason to start now. Just adapt HF and Crossbone if you really wanted to.
>>
>>14741567
Diona-chan is cute! CUTE!
>>
>>14742873

I assumed there'd be at least some new units for the theoretical F91 remake, since there would at the least be an F92 upgrade, along with new enemy units. I still don't think it'd work out though, even just looking at the numbers.

Let's say each show is 26 episodes long, with a 6 episode OVA. And now put each episode of each show at a budget 100, 000 USD, which is conservative from what I know - since even a shitbox show like Naruto can cost upward of 300, 000 USD per episode. And now let's give each OVA episode a higher budget and say the whole thing costs 1 million USD. So for just one show that's a total cost of 2.6 million USD, with a combined total of 6.2 million USD. Even if Banrise makes 25 USD pure profit on every gunpla sold, which seems high, but I'm estimating high here, they'd still have to sell over 100, 000 units just to break even on production costs alone. Costs that don't figure in merchandising costs, advertising costs etc. at all.

It might work out when you count in profits from home media, ad revenue etc. I really, really doubt it though.
>>
>>14742929
How do you come to speak about the Gundam business model so confidently? It's clear that Gunpla sales are important, but are they important enough to discuss Gunpla sales exclusively? Are there Japanese blogs, interviews, magazine articles, or financial reports you /m/eijin have all read that give you an insider's look into the industry? Hope that doesn't sound salty, I just want to get on your level.

I didn't really think of this HF-->F92-->Xbone project as one single project, any more than Zeta, ZZ, and CCA are one single project.

And I would hate it if Crossbone had the same style and tone as F91 or F92. I would want any new F91 project to maintain that serious tone of the film, and I'd want Crossbone to remain as wacky as the manga.
>>
>>14742990

I don't have or claim any secret or confidential knowledge of Gundams business model - I'm just throwing numbers together with a calculator and using Google to check low balls on episodic animation production. Which 100, 000 USD is a low ball number on. Some of them go as high as a 1 million USD an episode or higher. I used Gunpla exclusively to give a ball park necessary sales figure because Gunpla is, as far as we know, Gundam's main money spinner and always has been. I'm sure they make money off character merchandise, home media sales, ad revenue etc. but I didn't speak to them because those aren't where Banrise make the bulk of their money from Gundam from what we're told and I figured not including profit from those would be off set by not including expenditure on marketing, merchandising and pre-production of various kinds.

I'm absolutely sure that there's lots of stuff I'm leaving out or simply don't know about, but I'm just throwing a ball park figure together and showing why I don't think Banrise particularly care to do something like that one anon suggested, since it seems to have a high cost in time and money along with loss of revenue from other possible projects, ones with more more possible merchandising oppurtunities since it'd be all new content, all new gunpla etc. - not just some new ones, with lots of repackaged ones a lot of potential customers won't care about.

If you want to get on my level, open Google - it's really not hard, because I'm only a step away from you.
>>
File: Crossbone shower me with praise.jpg (920KB, 1040x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Crossbone shower me with praise.jpg
920KB, 1040x1500px
>>14742899
Giri is cuter
>>
Crossbone is the worst thing to happen to Zabine and Cecily.
>>
>>14743034
But Cecily is super badass in Crossbone.

Zabine has a stick up his ass, but he's always been this way.
>>
>>14743036
>Doesn't pilot
>Super badass
Cecily in Crossbone a shit
>>
>>14743056
She's a fucking captain and is the leader of the group.
>>
>>14743060
and doesn't do shit, she's better in F91
>>
>>14743077
She's the fucking captain.

Or do you count Bright as 'not doing shit' for not being in the gendum?
>>
>>14745174
I hope we get that again in V. Having the Mother Vanguard in a single SRW game is a crime, same goes for the SDF-1.
>>
>>14741567
I guess I never realized that the helmet hides the Jovian monoeye. I legitimately thought it had a Brave face as a parade suit not meant for combat.

It's kind of eerie, honestly.
Thread posts: 157
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.